Ascent: An Emilogue (Erotic Content)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mahorfeus

Re: Ascent: An Emilogue (Erotic Content)

Post by Mahorfeus »

I really liked it. Asides from being a rare Emi fic, it utilizes an external conflict rather well. And of course, you managed to capture her sexual promiscuity pretty well.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Lothbrok

Post by Lothbrok »

I read the redone ending and i thought it was great! but I'm no professional or anything so i can only give you my thoughts and i felt that when Emi's mother and Hisao are talking it felt a bit forced at the beginning but i suck at this so i might be completely in the wrong here.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Lothbrok wrote:I read the redone ending and i thought it was great! but I'm no professional or anything so i can only give you my thoughts and i felt that when Emi's mother and Hisao are talking it felt a bit forced at the beginning but i suck at this so i might be completely in the wrong here.
Thanks! Yes I've heard that Hisao does act quite 'robotic' around Mrs. Ibarazaki at times. I've done my best to rewrite it so far, but I can only do so much! I'd like to think that this is remedied through their interaction at the end of the story, as Hisao relaxes more around Mrs. Ibarazaki.

In any case, I just had some INCREDIBLE fanart made inspired by a scene in the fic. My thanks go out to twrlare and two-face who made the drawing and coloring possible. It's top notch!
YOTC

Post by YOTC »

Mountaineer wrote:Oh! I tried to do some research before writing, including what hiking legs would actually look like. This is actually by no means the final revision of this tale, so I will be sure to edit the content to reflect the time it takes to get such a pair of legs made. Is there any more pertinent information I should know?
]

The sock thing you mentioned, most people wear socks on their prognostics to protect the shoes all the time. Emi is wearing socks on her normal walking legs in KS all the time to protect both the prosthetic and the shoes. It's like walking in shoes without socks on, just rub rub rub all day and no barrier, causes excessive wear and tear. Other than that I'm not gonna bitch and moan about how much force a set of hiking legs can take as if they're not made of titanium I could see them taking that damage or close to it.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

YOTC wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:Oh! I tried to do some research before writing, including what hiking legs would actually look like. This is actually by no means the final revision of this tale, so I will be sure to edit the content to reflect the time it takes to get such a pair of legs made. Is there any more pertinent information I should know?
]

The sock thing you mentioned, most people wear socks on their prognostics to protect the shoes all the time. Emi is wearing socks on her normal walking legs in KS all the time to protect both the prosthetic and the shoes. It's like walking in shoes without socks on, just rub rub rub all day and no barrier, causes excessive wear and tear. Other than that I'm not gonna bitch and moan about how much force a set of hiking legs can take as if they're not made of titanium I could see them taking that damage or close to it.
I guess I hadn't considered that... hm.

Well, I guess everyone can suspend their disbelief right? Otherwise I'd be out of a hobby. :(

Also, new art submitted, everyone! Great quality, thanks you dubs!
CarnivalNights

Post by CarnivalNights »

That was a great read. Any other plans for more fanfic?
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

CarnivalNights wrote:That was a great read. Any other plans for more fanfic?
Expect something late Sunday in EST timezone!

Hanako
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Mountaineer wrote:Hanako
Gesundheit!
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

That was a fun little fic. We don't have enough Emi around here, so it was a really nice change of pace. My only nitpick would be that getting wet doesn't make you sick. Hypothermia's a concern, of course, and being cold weakens your immune system so that you're more likely to be infected if you're exposed to a pathogen, but without that exposure (which is unlikely on the side of a mountain unless one of them was exposed before they left) nobody's getting sick. Cold, miserable, exhausted, dehydrated, and very much in danger, yes, but not sick.

But it's not like this comes up with any sort of regularity, so eh. It's Emi, it's all good! :mrgreen:
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Mountaineer wrote:

Hanako
I lied. :( Will have to be delayed a bit. Sorry gents!
CosmicCricket

Post by CosmicCricket »

Link broken?
Determination: Is It in You?
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Take your time. :)
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
CarnivalNights

Post by CarnivalNights »

Mountaineer wrote:

Hanako
Gah! I read the spoiler!
CosmicCricket

Post by CosmicCricket »

Loved this, it is right up there with Going the Distance and Fractal Butterfly.

One problem: Hisao is way smarter in this fiction than he is in the game. Though I suppose it's not that much of a problem. :wink:
Determination: Is It in You?
Homeless

Post by Homeless »

The hell man? So many feels... *turns head and wipes a manly tear from my eye*

Very good
What would it be like to swim in the sky?

Butterflies
Nightmare