-

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Nekken

Re: Little Faith [Lilly Good Ending Extension, Spoilers, Sci

Post by Nekken »

In the later chapters, I've been having some trouble figuring which version of the viewpoint character is speaking, and I'm starting to suspect that we've also been switching realities around in ways that I haven't been able to catch. I think this is a neat effect, but is it intentional?
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

It's more than intentional; it's slowly becoming a key point in the plot! You can tell when the story switches Hisaos by the triple spacing, at least right now. I can't reveal too much in the way of plot, but other Hisao has had a larger role in the previous chapters than you might think. I suppose it's up to you to figure out what I mean by that. :wink:
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Guestimate

Post by Guestimate »

I... erm... uhm... words fail me, but suffice it to say that I will be eagerly awaiting the next installment.
dhws

Post by dhws »

Oh god, pleeease update soon, this story is awesome.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

I've got to say, I found this one weaker than some of the other chapters. You appear to have started to tread on some delicate ground: I say "appear to" because the story isn't finished, and for all I know you have plans that would resolve the potential issues I'm seeing.

How does someone named Colton Jacobs, apparently born at sometime in the late 1800s, look almost exactly like someone named Hisao Nakai? It's not altogether impossible, of course, but given that time and place it would have represented a very unusual situation: there's a story worth telling there.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

The mystery behind Colton Jacobs is seeded deeper than you might think. This person is ageless, resembles Hisao despite being American, and has written a series of prophetic books that have thus far spelled out the life and times of a young man who goes to a school for the disabled.

And that's all we know about him! You have to consider that, whoever this person is, physical presence or not, he knows every single thing that is going to or already has happened in Little Faith, and somehow, this book, Departure, has become Hisao's guide to the galaxy, so to speak. It's more than just a convenience that Hisao only reads enough to cover what has already happened out of Departure. A puppeteer only has so many fingers; he can only pull so many strings at once. All will be revealed in due time.

I mean, for all we know, he could just be a huge Alan Wake reference in motion! That'd be silly, though, right?

Heh heh... :cry:
Demonhornz

Post by Demonhornz »

I didn't really see it as weak at all. :lol:

Looking forward to the next one.
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

Man, loving the story so far, reminds a lot of Alan Wake though, but in a good way, hope you update the story soon! :D
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
Gelastic

Post by Gelastic »

I can't help but think of Inception reading this. As Hisao was with Departure, I find myself staying up to read this. I will eagerly await the coming chapters.
MrDogsniper

Post by MrDogsniper »

Hisao touches his other TIME PARADOX :lol:
Sandvich!
EvidentC

Post by EvidentC »

You say next chapter soon. Buts its been awhile :( But thats okay. I'll wait. Worth it
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

EvidentC wrote:You say next chapter soon. Buts its been awhile :( But thats okay. I'll wait. Worth it
He has two other fan fictions going on right now, Agoraphobia and With Apologies to Team Silent, so he's busy right now, can't wait until he gets back to this though, it's... intriguing, to say the least.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Roamin12 wrote:
EvidentC wrote:You say next chapter soon. Buts its been awhile :( But thats okay. I'll wait. Worth it
He has two other fan fictions going on right now, Agoraphobia and With Apologies to Team Silent, so he's busy right now, can't wait until he gets back to this though, it's... intriguing, to say the least.
I believe Braving the Storm is ongoing as well.

Doomish is good like that.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal