Random Drabbles

WORDS WORDS WORDS

advicefrog

Re: Random Drabbles

Post by advicefrog »

That was, creative.

FUCK FUCK FUCK I HADN'T LOST IN A YEAR
I don't have a favorite girl, they're all great.
Rika===Saki===Shizune=Lilly=Hanako=Rin=Emi
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Hisao Nakai dropped to his knees in despair as he saw the crowd in the airport. How could he possibly push through this many people and reach Lilly, to tell her how he felt, to beg her not to go? With his heart condition, if he pushed himself too hard, he could die!

Desperate and broken, he cried out for aid.

“OUENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!”

A few meters away, three young men in long black coats looked up from browsing the magazine rack at the airport bookstore and knew what to do.

“OSU!”

”Run For Your Love, Sick Boy!”
Song: “Makka na Chikai”

-----
andros414

Post by andros414 »

themocaw wrote:Hisao Nakai dropped to his knees in despair as he saw the crowd in the airport. How could he possibly push through this many people and reach Lilly, to tell her how he felt, to beg her not to go? With his heart condition, if he pushed himself too hard, he could die!

A few meters away, three young men in long black coats looked up from browsing the magazine rack at the airport bookstore and knew what to do.

“OSU!”

-----
LOL! :lol: I have that song in my head now! *loads playlist*
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

andros414 wrote:
themocaw wrote:”Run For Your Love, Sick Boy!”

-----
LOL! :lol: I have that song in my head now! *loads playlist*
Oh... Oh... DA DA DA DA DA DA
We pan across to the appropriate Ouendan team for your appropriate difficulty level reading magazines in the airport bookstore.

OSU!
Close-up of the team leader posing: title and song.

Oh... Oh... DA DA DA DA DA DA omae to
["Count down"]

tachidomaru HIMA nanka nai sa kangaeru yoyuu nanka nai sa
arittake no omoi wo mune ni shakunetsu no tatakai no naka e
[Gameplay Scene 1: Hisao running from the taxi towards the entrance.]

amari ni mo ookina chikara no kabe sekai no yami
zettai makeru mon ka genkai koete
[Story Scene 1: On a success, Hisao successfully makes it into the airport. On a failure, he gets stuck in the door.]

ima wa wakaranai koto bakari dakedo
shinjiru kono michi wo susumu dake sa

donna teki demo mikata demo kamawanai
kono te wo hanasu mon ka makka na chikai

itsumademo itsumademo oitsuzukeru n da
dokomademo dokomademo ashita e no yuuki wo
dokomademo dokomademo moetagiru HAATO wo omae to
[Gameplay Scene 2: Hisao running through the airport.]

[Story Scene 2: Hisao sees the moving walkway is out of order. On a success, he ninja wall-runs past the crowd. On a failure, he is knocked down and carried away in a human wave.]

itsudatte kibou ni afureta sono egao kodomotachi no yume
doushite mo mamorinukanakucha kono atsui chi ga nagarederu kagiri

nan demo ii kara dare mo nakanai sekai ga hoshii
zettai mitsukeru n da shinjitsu no kagi

nando MISU shite ochikonda to shite mo
akiramecha dame da mae wo mukou

taisetsu na mono mamoru kono shimei wo
omoikkiri dakishimete makka na chikai

[Gameplay Scene 3: Hisao searching the computer screens for Lilly's flight.

[Story Scene 3: Hisao's heart starts to act up. On a success, he powers through it with sheer GAR. On a failure he collapses and a funny sound plays.]

ima wa wakaranai koto bakari dakedo
shinjiru kono michi wo susumu dake sa
donna teki demo mikata demo kamawanai
kono te wo hanasu mon ka makka na chikai

dokomademo dokomademo ashita e no yuuki wo
dokomademo dokomademo moetagiru HAATO wo omae to
[Gameplay Scene 4: Hisao running down the corridor chasing Lilly.]

-----
FAIL END: Hisao's heart fails. The last we see of him is him being carried away in an ambulance.

Though I did my best
My heart was not strong enough
To run for my love.

RESTART/ABORT?

-----
BAD END: Hisao collapses. He wakes up without Lilly and makes his decision to keep chasing her as long as he can.

-----
NEUTRAL END: Hisao collapses. He wakes up without Lilly, but sees a note left by his bed that she called while he was asleep.

-----
GOOD END: Hisao collapses. He wakes up to the sound of a music box playing. . .
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

...I need to go grab my DS.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

themocaw wrote:Hisao Nakai dropped to his knees in despair as he saw the crowd in the airport. How could he possibly push through this many people and reach Lilly, to tell her how he felt, to beg her not to go? With his heart condition, if he pushed himself too hard, he could die!

“OSU!”

-----
You're my hero. No joke.
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Six drabbles if the girls played games. . .

-----

“I tap five green mana and cast Overrun, then attack with all my Saprolings,” Emi says. “So that’s. . . fifteen 4/4 Trample creatures. Good game? “

I stare down at my side of the bed, sigh, and toss my cards onto the playing mat. “Doubling Season and Mycoloth are such bullshit,” I gripe.

“Your fault for deciding to play Legacy,” Emi grins. “Now pay up.”

I grumble as I pull my shirt off over my head, leaving me in my boxers and socks, compared to Emi, who’s still got her shoes on.

I’d complain more, but losing is fun.

-----

“Are you seriously trying to tell me that Bill Clinton is more Sexy than James Bond?” Naomi shouts. “Bill Clinton is an old American politician. James Bond is a cool British spy!”

“James Bond is fictional!” Natsume retorts. “Bill Clinton at least existed, and he seemed to do okay with the White House interns!”

“Anyway, it’s not our choice, it’s Hanako’s,” Naomi points out. “Hanako?”

The dark-haired girl scans the red cards in front of her, reaches down, and picks one up.

“Sweater Vests!?” Naomi says incredulously. “You think Sweater Vests are more Sexy than James Bond AND Bill Clinton?”

-----

“What did I roll?” Lilly asks.

For a moment, I consider lying to her, but that would make me feel like scum. “A natural twenty,” I admit, gritting my teeth. “Crit.”

“My my, how fortunate.” Lilly picks up her d10s and drops them into the dice tower, making them clatter all the way down. “And damage?”

“Plus your critical damage. . . it’s dead.” I sigh and lean back in my chair, tossing my pencil onto the table. “Three natural twenties in a row. Are you a witch?”

Lilly smiles at me innocently, then leans over and kisses my cheek.

-----

“No, add more Skull White,” Rin says. “Just another brush worth.”

She tosses her head to lower the magnifiers back over her eyes, then turns back to the inch-tall figurine held in the alligator clips of the Helping Hands. Balancing the 000 Windsor and Newton Series 7 between her toes, she very carefully applies the bright green paint to the skeletal robot’s eyes.

“I still can’t believe you’re actually going to try to NMM an entire army of Necrons,” I gripe.

“Metallic paints have no soul,” Rin says, deadpan. “Only non-metallic metals are appropriate for the children of the Necrontyr.”

-----

[Tartarus is overpowered for four points. It wouldn’t be so bad if Bane Thralls weren’t also incredibly powerful. As it is, he takes a good unit and makes them overwhelming.]

[So what would you do, make him five points?]

[Nah. Just change “Curse” so that Tartarus needs to hit a member of the unit in melee to apply it instead of being an auto-hit within Command. That way there’s some risk involved.]

[So you think he’s overpowered, but you bring him in practically every list anyway?]

[Sure.] Shizune pushes up her glasses and smiles. [Play like you have a pair.]

-----

“Genevieve, draw. Genevieve, draw. Esquine Foret, draw two cards, scrap two Mariannes, chamber a Colette, buy a Marianne. End of Turn.”

“You know, for someone who hates feminists so much, you sure seem to be really good at this game,” I point out to Kenji.

“Tanto Cuore is the least feminist game of all time. It’s all about manly men using their force of will to fend off the feminist invaders and protect their households from those who would sap and poison our precious bodily fluids.”

“It’s Dominion with cute girls.”

“Dominion sucks. Tanto Cuore’s way better,” Kenji says, shuffling.

-----

“Music change! Drink!”

Akira throws back her head and gulps down another shot of beer. I groan as I lift my own shotglass to my lips and drink. “Oh god, I’m gonna hurl.”

“Hang in there, Hisao! Only five minutes left in the power hour!” Akira laughs encouragingly.

I glance over to the couch and rub my eyes blearily. “Akira?”

“Yeah?”

“I think your sister and Hanako have given up on the power hour and are just making out now.”

“I know. Don’t stare, it’s not polite. Music change!”

I pour myself another shotglass of Sapporo and choke it down.

-----

And a stub. . .

-----

“Car Lesbians? Seriously? This is an actual game?”

“Just try it with me once, Hicchan?”

-----
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Aaaaaand that's why I stick with Standard.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Okay...
Emi - Magic... I never heard of a strip variant, but it seems like a cool idea ;-)
Hanako - I don't have the slightest idea idea...
Lilly - could be any RPG, really.
Rin - Warhammer 40K
Shizune - Warmachine (Which seems to be a ripoff of 40K)
Kenji - Tanto Cuore (Don't know that game, but Dominion is fun.)
Akira - obvious
Misha - I had to google that. I feel like my IQ dropped a few points just from reading the description.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Hanako - I don't have the slightest idea idea...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apples_to_apples
Mirage_GSM wrote:Shizune - Warmachine (Which seems to be a ripoff of 40K)
Bite your tongue.

No, seriously, 40k and WM/H are two totally different games: 40k is way more about mass unit movement and board control, while Warmachine/Hordes is more about small-unit tactics and targeted assassination.

To use Starcraft terms: 40k is a very macro-intensive game, while Warmahordes is incredibly micro-intensive.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Ah, I think my brother has a game like that... It goes by a different name here in Germany, but I can't recall it right now...
Mirage_GSM wrote:Shizune - Warmachine (Which seems to be a ripoff of 40K)
Bite your tongue.
No, seriously, 40k and WM/H are two totally different games: 40k is way more about mass unit movement and board control, while Warmachine/Hordes is more about small-unit tactics and targeted assassination. To use Starcraft terms: 40k is a very macro-intensive game, while Warmahordes is incredibly micro-intensive.
I never played either of the tabletop games myself, so I can't make an informed judgement on the quality of the game mechanics.
I know 40K from the PC games (which are mostly awesome) and from reading up a lot of the background from various sources.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Wouldn't Natsumi and Naomi be more likely to have that argument about Hillary Clinton and Emma Peel? 8)
GG Crono

Post by GG Crono »

I prefer Modern over Standard and I'll take Commander over all of them any day of the week. :D

Anyway! Them's some good ficlets. A++ would read again.

Also, I have no idea what Tanto Cuore or Dominion is. Could someone explain?
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Oh man, these were fantastic! The earlier ones were very hit or miss, but all of these were solid gold. Nice work.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Lothbrok

Post by Lothbrok »

No words can describe the awesome i feel from reading this.