The Road of Adulthood (Post Hanako Good End)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

tony246

Re: The Road of Adulthood (Post Hanako Good End)

Post by tony246 »

Thank you all for the reads.

Alright, to address some...and by some I really only mean brogurt's concerns, in order:

Supersheep was me being...very tired. I don't know what came over me. I thought I was going somewhere with it.

No summarizing in the...whatever we call that initial block of text. Understood.

Either way you want that title to be man.

Yes, it was in unison. Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough.

Ok then, if you don't think it's appropriate, I don't think you need to tell me.

I do have a good reason, Hanako invited Emi as thanks for the cooking help, but technically it's only 4 girls

She's drunk. I mean I could have done Rin the same way when she was heavily medicated...but I didn't.

That wording is now semi-canon.

See above for Rin reason.

And thank you for helping me out with the Hoikkaido thing. But honestly, I'm thinking about skipping it and moving on.

Welp, that's brogurt's addressation. Anyone else have anything they want to say?
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I"m just going to say it here:
Thank you, Four Leaf Studios.

That is all.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

I enjoy the light mood of your writing, and I always smile when I've read it.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Tanxiaoevans

Post by Tanxiaoevans »

“Hisao, is that one it?”

“No, I think that’s some foreign airline.”

“Is that one it?”

“No, the company colors are wrong.”

“Maybe that one is it?”

“No, I think that’s… hold on a minute, I think that one might be it after all.”

After what seems like a lifetime’s worth of waiting, the billboard finally changes to ‘disembarking.’

I apologize in advance if someone has already stated this.

AHEM...YOU STOLE FROM THE GAME!!!!!!!!

...Also, I love your fic.
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

If i see about the drinking scene on the last part, remind me to drinking scene at VN Snow Sakura. Hilarious :D
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
Tormound

Post by Tormound »

Great fic loving how this is going.
Tormound

Post by Tormound »

So has this been abandoned?
tony246

Post by tony246 »

Hm, well, erm, considering the fact that school is about a month away from starting it would be best to give this some conclusion huh? Maybe eventually I'll get around to it, but to be quite frank I'm not really sure where I need to go with it anyways.
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I"m just going to say it here:
Thank you, Four Leaf Studios.

That is all.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Pure undiluted slice-of-life can be tough to end properly since it's often just "snapshots" in people's days, rather than episodes leading up to a climactic event. If you didn't have any ideas (vague or detailed) on where you wanted to go when you started the story, I'd suggest putting all the events of the preceding chapters in order and see if the Hanako and Hisao from the first chapter are somehow different from the Hanako and Hisao from the last chapter, determine how they are different and try to end that development on a nice and positive note.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Although from my research/experience, Slice of Life stories centered around a school tend to end when everyone graduates.

Just my two cents.
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Which is cool if the stories gradually approached that point in time from chapter to chapter, but if all other chapters took place over the course of like one and a half week, a time-skip of more than half a year is probably a bit sudden.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Guest Poster wrote:Which is cool if the stories gradually approached that point in time from chapter to chapter, but if all other chapters took place over the course of like one and a half week, a time-skip of more than half a year is probably a bit sudden.
True. although it could be done, and it would be an interesting way to bring closure.

A tad cliche, but interesting.
Shail

Post by Shail »

From the sounds of it, slice of life is both the best/worst genre for me. I love the insight into schools in anime/manga/vn/etc, mostly because of the abhorrently shitty school years I experienced myself, but I hate how they tend to end after the festival, after graduation, after the kiss, etc. Just keeps making me feel like life is over after high school, which, for a guy who has issues with depression related to a miserable childhood in school, isn't exactly "fun" but when they go past the ending(fanfics save the daaaay) it gets alot more interesting. o3o
~I hate endings~ Fan fiction is the only way to keep KS alive!
~The only good ending is a sequel~
~Want to know why I REALLY fucking hate endings? Mirai Nikki Want to know why I love epilogues? Watch the Mirai Nikki OVA
~Mirai Nikki: A perfect example of endings I hate~
Hanako -> Rin -> Shizune -> ? -> ?
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Shail wrote:From the sounds of it, slice of life is both the best/worst genre for me. I love the insight into schools in anime/manga/vn/etc, mostly because of the abhorrently shitty school years I experienced myself, but I hate how they tend to end after the festival, after graduation, after the kiss, etc. Just keeps making me feel like life is over after high school, which, for a guy who has issues with depression related to a miserable childhood in school, isn't exactly "fun" but when they go past the ending(fanfics save the daaaay) it gets alot more interesting. o3o
I feel kinda similar. My high school years were really rough, so I tend to really like high school anime/manga. On the other hand, you rarely see either venture much past high school, if they were in a school atmosphere to begin with (the volume of K-On! that covered freshman year of college for the main four is the only exception I can think of.)

But, the good news for us fan fiction writers is, we can write the post high school stories ourselves!

As long as I'm here, I did enjoy this series a lot, and was sad to see it go, but sometimes that happens. And now that it's been necro'd, other people ca enjoy it, too, more easily.
Shail

Post by Shail »

tony246 wrote:
“Hey Lilly, hey Emi, hey Rin,” I quickly greet in succession.

“Good evening Hisao.”

“Hey Hisao.”

“So there is a problem in your pants.”

…Goddamnit Rin.
We all have that one friend..
~I hate endings~ Fan fiction is the only way to keep KS alive!
~The only good ending is a sequel~
~Want to know why I REALLY fucking hate endings? Mirai Nikki Want to know why I love epilogues? Watch the Mirai Nikki OVA
~Mirai Nikki: A perfect example of endings I hate~
Hanako -> Rin -> Shizune -> ? -> ?