Freaks (Saya No Uta crossover)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

EchoGarrote

Freaks (Saya No Uta crossover)

Post by EchoGarrote »

Boilerplate Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me. Just for fun.
This got into my head and wouldn't leave. This is a one-shot, for now. One day I may come back to it and expand upon it, but for now. This is it.

No part of me regrets what we did. Saya was a monster, and that bastard Fuminori was even worse. I can only imagine what would have happened if she had spread her spores across the world. Seeing what her 'blessing' did for us, was more than enough. I think Emi said it best. It's a cheat. A twisted wish granted by an evil genie.

Why those two were so focused on 'helping' us I will never know. That...bastard (Rest in peace Mutou and...Nurse...damn I never learned his name.) mentioned something about 'seeing us as normal people too' whatever that meant. Either way, they made their way into our town, our school, our lives, and started to spread their 'blessing' upon us. Kind shepherds, ushering a generation of deserving children into their new world. I think Kenji said that he heard Saya call us 'her children' and that she was doing this out of pure love. Yeah. Thanks a lot, 'mom.' Next time just send money.

We all thought it was a miracle at first. At the beginning, it honestly was. We were getting 'better' and there were some moments that I almost feel gratitude for that monster. Lilly's first sunset. Shizune singing karaoke(badly.) Naomi laughing, flashing her camera at herself, not going into fits at the burst of light. Me, running without feeling short of breath, and hearing a steady thump-thump of a heart that was in control. Those were good moments.

Then it began to get scary. It's one thing for the blind to see, the deaf to hear, and the lame to walk. It's another to have Emi walking on two legs, see Rin holding a brush, or Hanako with her hair back. You don't just 'get better' from certain things. People were still happy, just now we were all more than a little scared.

Then the really bad things happened. We started to...change. A few hid it, first. The things that were easy to hide. You'd see a bunch of people walking around in heavy coats, gloves, or layers. The girls stopped wearing skirts. The boys never took off their jackets. Then people just hid in their rooms. That was the most frightening. Debating if I could go out or not, scared out of my mind about what was happening, and why it wasn't stopping, and if there was anything I could do about it.

Thank God for Kenji. Honestly, that book they made about this? Does not give him enough credit. I mean, full points go to Mutou, the Nurse, and the rest of the staff. They really saved the day. However, I like to think that without Kenji, none of it would have been possible. I don't know if it was his already pickled brain, or an effect of the 'blessing,' but he figured it out. He had spied on Fuminori, discovered Saya, what she was doing. Their plans. The works. All the info he sends out to anyone on the net that will listen.

Then he dragged me out of my room, and he handed me the can of WD-40 and a lighter. He had an entire box filled with emergency improvised combat supplies. Yes, he had intended it to be used for the imminent feminist uprising, but the Horror from Beyond The Stars was a suitable replacement. You know we have a plaque with his name on it set up around here. It's very classy. You're finally that world-renown hero, buddy. Sorry no statue, but I hope you can brag about your accomplishment and plaque to whoever's up there with you.

A few were starting to lose it. Saya had revealed herself to a few of the kids who were more far along that the others. I still have no idea what she really looked like. They say that it was worse than all of us put together. Considering what we look like, that's...disturbing. I do remember her song. It gets into your head, and everything makes sense. Eating human flesh. Being this. Helping our Mother. Embracing the Blessings given to us. I understand how some of us went over to her side. They couldn't help it. I almost couldn't help it, but Kenji socked me across the face to bring me back into sanity.

I don't really have a good memory of that fight. I never got up to the stage. I never saw Mutou get into that knife fight with Fuminori. I didn't see Doctor Tanbo take out Saya, after Kenji tackled the thing to the ground and yelled for her to use that freezing stuff on both of them. I was on the floor, fighting with my ex-classmates. I still wonder if I could have saved the Nurse. It's a pity.

In the end though, the monsters were defeated. The heroes victorious. The world safe. Only, sadly, the witch's evil spell over the students did not lift upon her death. We were stuck like this. Forever.

So, this is how it is now. Yamaku's still a place for kids with special needs...albeit that definition has changed now. Thankfully, the founders of the school are still willing to invest in it and refuse to let there be any 'needless experiments.' Also, they trot out Rin, Naomi, or one of the other less 'blessed' in front of news cameras. That way everyone can see that we're just poor children who have had misfortune heaped upon them. Not monsters. The rest of us stay out of the way, and the world continues to ignore us, like they did before. Scientists say that they're 'making progress' but they've been saying that for a while. It's a little hard to keep track of time actually. We aren't allowed outside, obviously. Also, our bodies haven't aged, at least I don't think they have. Doctor Tanbo denies it, but she's in the same boat as we are, and I've seen some of the scientists' hair go grey. I don't know if one day I'll just stop moving, but who knows. It's hard to care about things like that.

Still, it could always be far worse. Saya's spores are gone, we're still alive, and we have each other as well. They let us read, listen to tapes, TV, computer stuff. It's nice, but some days it gets difficult. You look at yourself in the mirror, you see your friends, or you see how the hazmat suited scientists stare at you. It's easy to despair. I know I've done it a few times.

Thankfully Hanako is here. Well, we're both here for each other. Having each other makes some of those long nights...look it gets private here, and (I'll admit) more than a little disturbing and gross. All I'll say is that there are some benefits to being two half-Lovecraftian abominations in love who have tentacles, rigid pads, segmented carapaces, and Other. Use your imagination, Lord knows it's probably worse than anything we've come up with.

Shizune's still bossing people around, and Misha still follows her. The changes have made their relationship...well to quote Misha 'Very personal, and none of your business!' but then she smiles and winks at me. Lilly still takes her tea, and is motherly to the others. (Don't make fun of her hair...or the other thing growing out of her head.) Rin paints, and her stuff sells really well, course it's easy to paint when you have more than six brushes at once. Seven if she uses her feet. Emi runs, or glides, usually both. The rest of the school (facility I should say) goes about their lives as best they can. We're...well I won't say happy. I can never say happy. But I can say content.

It's a messed up, horrifying, freakish life. But it's still mine.
Last edited by EchoGarrote on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long live Emperor Norton.
Doomish

Re: Freaks (Saya No Uta crossover)

Post by Doomish »

You don't want to know how long I've been waiting for someone to write a Saya No Uta crossover. (Disturbingly long)

It was very nicely written and the perspective provides enough exposition to keep the story flowing well. You're awesome.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

I have ten mouths, and I must scream. . .
MoonShadow

Post by MoonShadow »

themocaw wrote:I have ten mouths, and I must scream. . .
God, then please don't scream. Those windows are worth quite a bit.

Nice story. It could even fit in the original Saya no Uta story, if Fuminori and Saya went to Yamaku and started spreading the spores instead of waiting for the other guy (I don't remember his name) and Dr. Tanbo at the abandoned house. I would really like to read more about the fight.

The only bad point I see is that you didn't involve that other guy in the fight. (Please remember me what's his name.) Since he was pretty angry at Fuminori, it's sure he would have followed him at Yamaku before or with the Dr. Tanbo.
"If there can be no victory, then I will fight forever."
-Koth of the Hammer

"If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?"
-An unknown vampire

You can spot a werewolf-infested town by its lack of butcher shops.

Don't underestimate the aerodynamic qualities of the common goblin.
Demoneq

Post by Demoneq »

I have only checked what Saya no Uta is after reading this story, but even not knowing that VN, it was interesting Lovecraft'esque read.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Demoneq wrote:I have only checked what Saya no Uta is after reading this story, but even not knowing that VN, it was interesting Lovecraft'esque read.
Same here. No idea what Saya no Uta was until after reading this and looking it up. It's a great, if grotesque and disturbing, read. :)
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Specter Von Baren

Post by Specter Von Baren »

Robnonymous wrote:
Demoneq wrote:I have only checked what Saya no Uta is after reading this story, but even not knowing that VN, it was interesting Lovecraft'esque read.
Same here. No idea what Saya no Uta was until after reading this and looking it up. It's a great, if grotesque and disturbing, read. :)
Yeah, that was kind of my thing too. I watched a let's play but I was still very much like, "This is screwed up.... why can't I stop watching it?!"
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

The most insane crossovers are always the most entertaining. Hurray for Saya no Uta!

Good job.
VIVI

Post by VIVI »

Well, maybe this goes in fanart, but is fanart about THIS fanfic...then is relevant. Hope who you like it...

and added Kenji because is my faborite character, and in my mind floats another end of this story (if Hisao is in Shizune route, he will talk more with Kenji too...and when Kenji stop Saya, and before Dr. Tanbo frezzing the two, Saya sends Kenji to other dimencion (after all, she called them "their childs" she then wanted save one of them) and, one year after, appear again in Yamaku, unable to talk except with Hisao (telepathy, but in similar form than Saya)... and how Shizune now is with Misha...do the ecuation.
-The thing in the middle of the chest of Hisao is something who can read people hearts.
-Part of the hair of Hanako looks like flowers.
-The tentacles of Lilly are semitransparent, and she can see in diferents "levels" (ultraviolet,infrared,x ray etc.)
-Rin can change her arms of color with her emotions.
-Emi have "eagle eyes", too.
-Shizune hear things who even a dog can´t hear, but is too much for her, then she use ear protection always. She can´t control all her mouths, sometimes.
-Misha have one "drill tentacle" who can spin. And now she have a plus: now is a futa (and is happy with that)
-Kenji can see things who we not...even in the dark (then his eyes can shine...brr) but can´t talk (his vocal cords...dissapered) and only can "speak" with Hisao. And is exactly a weird thing, worse than a futa (the spores screw him to the point to turn him a male-she,male but adding vag, happily infertile) obviously he hate it, but at least this can´t be saw in first sight.
this imagined meanwhile draw each one.
Specter Von Baren

Post by Specter Von Baren »

VIVI wrote:Well, maybe this goes in fanart, but is fanart about THIS fanfic...then is relevant. Hope who you like it...

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o20/ ... waSaya.jpg

and added Kenji because is my faborite character, and in my mind floats another end of this story (if Hisao is in Shizune route, he will talk more with Kenji too...and when Kenji stop Saya, and before Dr. Tanbo frezzing the two, Saya sends Kenji to other dimencion (after all, she called them "their childs" she then wanted save one of them) and, one year after, appear again in Yamaku, unable to talk except with Hisao (telepathy, but in similar form than Saya)... and how Shizune now is with Misha...do the ecuation.
-The thing in the middle of the chest of Hisao is something who can read people hearts.
-Part of the hair of Hanako looks like flowers.
-The tentacles of Lilly are semitransparent, and she can see in diferents "levels" (ultraviolet,infrared,x ray etc.)
-Rin can change her arms of color with her emotions.
-Emi have "eagle eyes", too.
-Shizune hear things who even a dog can´t hear, but is too much for her, then she use ear protection always. She can´t control all her mouths, sometimes.
-Misha have one "drill tentacle" who can spin. And now she have a plus: now is a futa (and is happy with that)
-Kenji can see things who we not...even in the dark (then his eyes can shine...brr) but can´t talk (his vocal cords...dissapered) and only can "speak" with Hisao. And is exactly a weird thing, worse than a futa (the spores screw him to the point to turn him a male-she,male but adding vag, happily infertile) obviously he hate it, but at least this can´t be saw in first sight.
this imagined meanwhile draw each one.
Interesting, very interesting.
Last edited by Silentcook on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: DON'T quote images that were just posted, people...
EchoGarrote

Post by EchoGarrote »

Thank you very much! I'm flattered that you were inspired by my work to make this. It's very creative, and I like what you did with Emi. It's not exactly what I had in mind for the kids when I wrote the fic. However, considering what I had in mind...that's probably a good thing.
Long live Emperor Norton.
Flesh-Puppet

Post by Flesh-Puppet »

Both of my favorite VN's..... TOGETHER? FUCK YEA. Also, you chose Hanako's route, and made Misha a futa. Lovely. Well, the fan-art took that liberty, but it's still awesome.
Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Emi >>> Shizune