Five Drabbles, Post-Hisao

WORDS WORDS WORDS

themocaw

Re: Five Drabbles, Post-Hisao

Post by themocaw »

gecko wrote:Yes, I really liked Hanako's and Rin's.
Shizune's bothered me a bit, because I think she would find a more efficient name for her foundation than an obscure student, she'd probably think about him, find ways to remember him, but giving her foundation his name?
Emi's bothered me for the nine months. As that's the maximum pregnancy time, it got me into thinking how they'd made love just the day before, just before he died... Eight months would have covered the time frame nicely enough with more wiggle room, allowing to concentrate more on the global story. (or can we think it's the press release that's been written too quickly? But it also detracts from the main story)
Re: Shizune: take a look at her last name.

Re: Emi: Decent point. Let's assume that it's nine months give or take a few weeks.
gecko

Post by gecko »

themocaw wrote:Re: Shizune: take a look at her last name.
I had seen it actually. My writing about a student was not really what I meant (sorry, it's late, I'm tired) It's just that in my mind, Shizune would have been the strong business woman in the couple, and Hisao just another science teacher. So to name the Nakai Foundation as the Hisao Nakai Memorial...
But it's okay, each fan gets his/her Hisao (and his/her Shizune ;) - I didn't mean to invalidate yours, just tell how it'd made me feel.
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

God, Rin's is heartbreak. I really liked Hanako and Shizune's, too.

They're all good but those were the best.
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly
Gordan Freeman

Post by Gordan Freeman »

Trying reading this while listening to "Undiscovered Colors" by The Flashbulb, pretty amazing.