The Lamb and The Fox

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Bagheera

Re: The Lamb and The Fox

Post by Bagheera »

I think that's about as close to a perfect ending as we could ask for, personally. I knew going in that there'd be no way to tie up all the loose ends, but the strides they've made so far give me hope for their future together. Thanks very much for taking the most harrowing ending in the game and turning it into a good end! Thanks also for being mindful of both the characters' personalities and the tone of Rin's route -- I think you captured all of the above pretty much perfectly.

I'd love to see more of your work, but I can't fault you for moving on when you did such a fine job of getting it right the first time around. Nice work.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Thanks for the story and the epilogue! I like your interpretation of Rin. She's not someone with mental problems, but someone who lives in her own world. Or rather, someone who understand the world in her own unique way. Which makes communication with others hard for her, but also means she can more than others fully enjoy life. Great!
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
WolfStreak

Post by WolfStreak »

gecko wrote:
WolfStreak wrote:Do you have any plans for future story's with Rin and or other characters? I really enjoyed your work and hope to see something else soon.
As of today, I've no other plans related to KS. Now that it's out of my system, I'd rather go back to more personal projects that got stranded. Maybe I'll get inspiration for a one-shot some-when, but nothing sure...
But many thanks for the kind words.

Thanks for everyone who commented too. Knowing that someone is waiting for the next chapter is a great motivator to get it out!

Are they personal as in fanfics for other things or just general "real life" things? i would love to read your work weather it is from KS or not
Streak as in streaking by at the speed of light.
Not the naked kind of streak...
That would just be odd >.>
nemz

Post by nemz »

Bagheera wrote:I think that's about as close to a perfect ending as we could ask for, personally. I knew going in that there'd be no way to tie up all the loose ends, but the strides they've made so far give me hope for their future together.
There are already hints of trouble brewing on the horizon and the future is never certain, however even if in time they do drift apart again I get the sense it will simply be an unfortunate fact rather than a haunting regret. Considering how they started out here I still call that a win.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Chrono180

Post by Chrono180 »

Excellent fic. Made me feel a lot better about Rin's neutral ending. One thing though, perhaps I'm an idiot but I still don't understand what "You can see the elephant in the boa" means. Can you please spell it out for me?
Homeless

Post by Homeless »

Chrono180 wrote:Excellent fic. Made me feel a lot better about Rin's neutral ending. One thing though, perhaps I'm an idiot but I still don't understand what "You can see the elephant in the boa" means. Can you please spell it out for me?
It's in reference to a book called The Little Prince. One of the pieces of art resembles a hat, but the artist actually intended it to be and elephant that was sallowed by a boa

It's a good read. You can find it on line in pdf format.
What would it be like to swim in the sky?

Butterflies
Nightmare
Chrono180

Post by Chrono180 »

Homeless wrote:
Chrono180 wrote:Excellent fic. Made me feel a lot better about Rin's neutral ending. One thing though, perhaps I'm an idiot but I still don't understand what "You can see the elephant in the boa" means. Can you please spell it out for me?
It's in reference to a book called The Little Prince. One of the pieces of art resembles a hat, but the artist actually intended it to be and elephant that was sallowed by a boa

Ah, so Hisao was saying Rin sees things as they really are for her? That makes sense.
gecko

Post by gecko »

WolfStreak wrote:
gecko wrote:
WolfStreak wrote:Do you have any plans for future story's with Rin and or other characters? I really enjoyed your work and hope to see something else soon.
As of today, I've no other plans related to KS. Now that it's out of my system, I'd rather go back to more personal projects that got stranded. Maybe I'll get inspiration for a one-shot some-when, but nothing sure...
But many thanks for the kind words.

Thanks for everyone who commented too. Knowing that someone is waiting for the next chapter is a great motivator to get it out!

Are they personal as in fanfics for other things or just general "real life" things? i would love to read your work weather it is from KS or not
Thanks again. You can find non-KS things there and there.
Chrono180 wrote:
Homeless wrote:

Ah, so Hisao was saying Rin sees things as they really are for her? That makes sense.
The part about taming a fox, and the earlier one about "talking about ties" are references to the book too. It's short, and a worthwhile read to get all the Rin/Hisao discussion. (plus you'll see why having to illustrate it stumped Mio)
And while we're on the books references, 'A brief history of time' is a great read too, if you're a little science-minded.
As for what Hisao was saying, in my mind, it was also about admiring Rin's imagination and non-adherence to what a grown-up is supposed to be interested in.
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
Elcor

Post by Elcor »

Really enjoyed this story Gecko, thank you.
Fan Fiction writer's are drug dealers and they don't even know it.