Closure

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Demoneq

Re: Closure

Post by Demoneq »

Reading through the first part of it, I was thinking, that it is/may be taking place after the bad ending of Shizune's path.
Think I realised what's really going on (about Shizune at least) fairly soonish, though, and from there it took, hm, I guess you could call it bittersweet flavor? (well, not immediately, for some part at the beginning it felt just sad, I guess... it's hard to explain)
Anyway, it managed to get similiar emotional overload to what KS itself got out of me, and just when I thought I got over it (mostly at least).
That makes it a job well done. /tipofahat

...yeah, same as Demonhornz, no idea what else to say.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

That was sad, melancholic and utterly depressing at points. The angst was laced through and through and it almost -almost - made me cry. Okay, it did make me cry. And you know what? It was utterly bloody brilliant. The effort that must have gone into this, and the time lost writing it. I've read a lot of FF on the internet and this is by a long shot one of the very best I have read.

Well done, my friend. Simple enough response to a fantastic story, well done.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

I'm not gonna lie, this one had me totally riveted. I started reading it during lunch and finished it on the train ride home. It's incredibly good, but my god man... I'm not sure if I've ever wanted to "BAAAAAAWWWWW!!!" so hard in my life!
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

It didn't make me cry, but there were definitely times my eyes got a little moist. Good job.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
xaolindragon

Post by xaolindragon »

My goodness. Honestly best fan fic goes to this one. I'm completely speechless over how good this is.

So many feels.

When I read the part about what happened to Shizune, I actually had to take a 30 minute break just to recuperate.

This one's a keeper. Saved.

EDIT: Oh. I've thought about this for a few days now. I can honestly see this becoming a movie. Or at least that's what my brain tells me, which could have been influenced by the massive fanboy part of my brain.
DelusionsOfGrandeur

Post by DelusionsOfGrandeur »

Brilliant and heart-wrenching .
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

I almost didn't want to finish reading this..
As soon as I recognised Hisao's bitter resentment of his past I knew then it would have had to do with a misfortune that befell Shizune.
Not knowing if I could handle the tragedy I was prepared to stop. Though I pushed on and got those feels as I continued to read.

Thank you for such a great piece of writing.
For Queen and Country
Lothbrok

Post by Lothbrok »

:cry: :cry: :cry: it was the part about the glasses that got me the hardest i almost felt like i was there...... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Neon Vanguard

Post by Neon Vanguard »

Huh. Impressive. You put a lot of heart into this.
MintySocks

Post by MintySocks »

Sweet jesus, this is ridiculous. If I could cry, I would be bawling my eyes out right now.

Yeah, I'm just going to curl up in a ball for the next hour or so.
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu- brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Loved every second of it.
jai_zero

Post by jai_zero »

Darn it, I can't seem to finish the thing.

The whole story won't load into my browser! And just when I'd already spent around 2 hours reading it! (I'm in the part after Misha's confessions in the Karaoke place).
WetCrate

Post by WetCrate »

Yeah, I effed the forum software pretty good with this one. I thought I'd fixed it, but apparently not.

Whole thing in a .pdf if you want to finish.
Lothbrok

Post by Lothbrok »

Yay! now i can read it as intended instead of clicking on quote to read :D
jai_zero

Post by jai_zero »

Yay! Thanks for the pdf version! :D