The Most Surprising Thing (Now With Art Added!)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

griffon8

Re: The Most Surprising Thing (Now With Art Added!)

Post by griffon8 »

YZQ wrote:@griffon: You ever thought of a second go at the stories, modifying according to full canon? Something unexpected might come out of it.
No, I don't think so. The stories that everyone wrote back then were expected to be contradicted by the full release. I hope that many a dev had a good laugh about what was written.

This story was written with the express purpose of finding a way to get a Hanako/Shizune pairing. My approach depended on some of the conflict coming from Misha 'stealing' the object of Hanako's attention. That would be a very different story given what we know now.

My greatest satisfaction about this story as it relates to the full release is the correct prediction that Hanako becomes much more independent and social on Lilly's route.

I'm also glad that I didn't try to explain Shizune and Lilly's rivalry. The revelation that they're cousins was the first 'Holy shit!' moment for me when I played the game.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, my take on the pairing is that if Shizune took a level in kindness, and have another go at trying to help Hanako integrate into the class, things can happen.

Shizune always wanted to find another way to tackle issues, other than her usual combative manner. My guess is that she and Misha may have tried to befriend Hanako before, without success. Also, Hanako and lady company go hand in hand as in Lily's case. Could be a source of drama as Shizune finds herself attracted to Hanako, and Misha detects it...
Last edited by YZQ on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Then feel free to write your version. :D

I'm busy with a lot of other things right now.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Nah, I'll just keep the idea at the back of my mind. Thanks for the offer, though.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

griffon8 wrote:I'm also glad that I didn't try to explain Shizune and Lilly's rivalry. The revelation that they're cousins was the first 'Holy shit!' moment for me when I played the game.
My first thought after I read that wasn't "Holy Shit" but "WTF! What's the likelyhood of two cousins with those exact disabilities would end up at that school together?"
For me it was a moment that broke my suspension of disbelief, and it wasn't even really neccessary for the story. If you replaced every instance of "cousin" in the story with "childhood friends" it would work just as well.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.