Katawa Kijo

WORDS WORDS WORDS

bintoy

Re: Katawa Kijo

Post by bintoy »

damn, Mirage, this is loads better than Harry Potter. For me that is.

First of all, I like Misha the best, and second, your insertion of magic in the story was smooth. I even made this forum's pages 1-7 available offline so I can read it even without internet.

You did your homework with those social problems and stuff.

Sometimes though, sometimes, I wonder if the dialogues are in character. I kind of found it hard to imagine Misha using words like 'hell' or 'bloke' on ending of chapter twenty.

but I don't really care. you write awesome. Amazing work.
heresy grows from idleness! -warhammer space marine
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Thanks for the praise.
But what do you mean by research into "social problems"?
I don't remember doing any research besides Disney songs and universities in Tokyo.
If you're talking about the politics of the mages and the councils... I did make a lot more notes about that than I actually got to use in the story. If I ever decide to write a sequel I might find them useful ;-)

Also, You're right about the bloke thing... Changed to "brute".
I don't think Misha is saying "hell" anywhere in that chapter, and if she did I'd probably be okay with it.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
bintoy

Post by bintoy »

"social problems" like how Shizune would've reacted to a part of Misha she cannot take part in. Nice presentation.
sequel would be most wonderful.

oops, Misha said 'hell' in chapter 12 when they confronted Shizune..
heresy grows from idleness! -warhammer space marine
powerdrive3

Post by powerdrive3 »

Really awesome work there. It was really good. Enjoyed it greatly. Might want to think of getting it published for real ;)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Thank you for the praise!

If you happen to know of a publisher who would accept a FanFiction to a not-yet-existant H-VN, please give me a call ;-)

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

This fanfic. This fucking fanfic. I loved it so much for two main reasons. The first one is MISHA. I love Misha if you haven't figured that out yet. The second one is just because how well written it was. I really enjoyed you taking the time out of your day to do this. I salute thee fine sire.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
CptSalsa

Post by CptSalsa »

From the depths of the realm of the shadowed areas of the place they call many names, couldn't think of one a story lies in wait for a traveler to seek out its knowledge and tell the world how much they loved it, and in doing so bring it back from the dead. That traveler was called StudyofWumbology, and this person went though a great many pages and scrolls to find the true meaning of life, but never did. But when a story called out to StudyofWumbology, s/he could not resist the temptation of remembering an old friend, a friend who was there to cheer him/her up in times of need and in times of sorrow, but a friend s/he could not help in its dying hours, a friend s/he, StudyofWumbology could not call a friend anymore. And so Katawa Kijo was brought out of the darkness and into the light. THE END.

That is why I will probably never write a story.

I liked this fan fiction too, and I don't even like mag/jic/k. But Hisao should have been paired with Kenji, as all Hisaos should.
Whenever I log on to this forum it's usually in the dead of night and on a mobile phone. Hooray for technologically-induced insomnia!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Ah, someone has gone on an archive binge :-)
Thank you for your kind words.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
StudyOfWumbology

CptSalsa wrote:From the depths of the realm of the shadowed areas of the place they call many names, couldn't think of one a story lies in wait for a traveler to seek out its knowledge and tell the world how much they loved it, and in doing so bring it back from the dead. That traveler was called StudyofWumbology, and this person went though a great many pages and scrolls to find the true meaning of life, but never did. But when a story called out to StudyofWumbology, s/he could not resist the temptation of remembering an old friend, a friend who was there to cheer him/her up in times of need and in times of sorrow, but a friend s/he could not help in its dying hours, a friend s/he, StudyofWumbology could not call a friend anymore. And so Katawa Kijo was brought out of the darkness and into the light. THE END.
What the fuck?
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Are all the chapters named after Disney movie songs? That's pretty neat :lol:

I haven't started reading yet, but I will, and I'll tell you my thoughts then.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
CptSalsa wrote:From the depths of the realm of the shadowed areas of the place they call many names, couldn't think of one a story lies in wait for a traveler to seek out its knowledge and tell the world how much they loved it, and in doing so bring it back from the dead. That traveler was called StudyofWumbology, and this person went though a great many pages and scrolls to find the true meaning of life, but never did. But when a story called out to StudyofWumbology, s/he could not resist the temptation of remembering an old friend, a friend who was there to cheer him/her up in times of need and in times of sorrow, but a friend s/he could not help in its dying hours, a friend s/he, StudyofWumbology could not call a friend anymore. And so Katawa Kijo was brought out of the darkness and into the light. THE END.
What the fuck?
The good captain is merely commenting on the fact that you read a story that is over two years old, whose last post was from October 2011, and whose story was created before the Full Release. Carry on.

Yes, all the chapter titles are Disney songs.

Actually Mirage, this story could have been found from your sig. No archive dive needed.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I do know where I linked my stories - it was just my guess that he came upon this one through the archives since very few people seem to pay attention to signatures.
And yes, this story was completed before the release of the full version, so there will be a few plot points that diverge from Canon:
- Obviously Misha is not lesbian.
- Misha does have a disability.
Actually I think that's it... I'm really surprised there isn't more in a story as "out there" as this one, but I don't delve too deep into the backgrounds of characters other than Misha, and we do not learn that much about her in the VN. I even got her previous hair style right :D

Sore wa himitsu desu.
LegyPlegy

Post by LegyPlegy »

griffon8 wrote:Yes, all the chapter titles are Disney songs.
No..no that can't be right...

*checks the chapter titles*

...how did I miss that. :o
Damn paper trails
StudyOfWumbology

Mirage_GSM wrote: - Misha does have a disability.
Pshh, we don't know that. Aura could have hidden something inside the story lines.It's just a really really small chance.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

LegyPlegy wrote:
griffon8 wrote:Yes, all the chapter titles are Disney songs.
No..no that can't be right...

*checks the chapter titles*

...how did I miss that. :o
If you read through the older comments you'll notice you're not the only one who missed it 8)

Sore wa himitsu desu.