Victory Day

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Victory Day

Post by Mirage_GSM »

New Fic.
I got the idea for this one, when I read the title to chaix's "V-Day Hanako" story. We don't usually abbreviate Valentines Day in Germany so when I read V-Day I usually think about WWII.
Anyway this is Chapter one of probably five, with chapters two through four in varying stages of completion.
Thanks to Kosher for pre-reading this. Any similarities with current Kyouki Shoujo chapter are completely incidental ;-)
Please feel free to comment and/or criticise. I won't run away, even if you tell me it's horrible.

Chapter 1
When Hisao got up and started to get dressed, I sank back onto the pillows. A feeling of emptiness settled over me, as I began to realize what was about to happen.

As he turned to leave, his glance passed over me for one last time. There wasn’t a single gesture of goodbye, no sign of his acknowledging the passion that had been between us only moments before – just a thin smile that told me that I’d lost.

I wanted to cry, but I wouldn’t give him that last bit of satisfaction. His smile turned into a sneer that told me that he’d seen right through me. In the dark room, lit only by moonlight, he looked more like a demon than the boy I’d fallen in love with. Then he turned away and walked through the door.

As soon as the door fell closed, the last shreds of my self-control ripped apart and I began to cry like I hadn’t cried since I was a little kid.

Of course I had only myself to blame. I’d known about his reputation, about his affairs, had even once by chance witnessed him and Rin in the art room. And of course I’d known about him and Misha, because Misha had come crying to me afterwards, and I’d spent the rest of the night consoling her.

But as much as I love Misha as a friend, I had believed that I would succeed where she had failed. I was strong, intelligent, sure of myself, in control… I had thought myself her better. I certainly had thought myself the better of that annoying Ibarazaki and her borderline insane sidekick.

This hubris had now come crashing down on me, and I didn’t even have the prospect of going to my only friend for solace, because I could never do that to her. I couldn’t force her to relive her own experience now that she’d only recently found back to her own exuberant self. I couldn’t do that to her just because I’d been so stupid to make the same mistake, more stupid even than she’d been because I‘d had her example to warn me off.

She’d even told me about that horrible sneer, but I hadn’t believed her. I’d thought it must have been the imagination of a distraught mind. How could that gentle and nice boy who’d helped us time and again with our council work possibly do the things she told me about?

I don’t know how long I lay there staring at the ceiling with tears in my eyes, thinking about all the sweet things he’d said and done that had made me fall in love with him. Even now I could hardly believe that the Hisao whom I had so many happy memories with was the same as the one who’d so carelessly discarded me after he got what he wanted.

Finally my tears began to subside, probably because I didn’t have any left. Rational thought began to set in again. First of all I needed to regain my composure. I would have to face Hisao again tomorrow in class, and it wouldn’t do at all to have a breakdown in front of everyone.

As much as I wanted to spare Misha, it would not be possible. Misha knew me almost as well as I knew myself. No matter how good my acting, she’d know. I’d better prepare her before…

Out of the corner of my eyes, I noticed movement from the door. Someone was slowly pushing open the door. I glanced at my alarm clock. It was well after midnight. Was Hisao coming back? Angrily I pushed that thought aside. No, as far as he was concerned, I’d served my purpose. Misha? No, if she somehow noticed what had happened here tonight, she’d burst into the room grab me in a bear hug and start crying like a baby again. So who…

Suddenly frightened, I pulled myself to a sitting position against the wall. I realized that I was still naked and pulled the covers up to my chin.

The door was now half open and a head cautiously appeared in the doorframe. All I could make out was an enormous pair of glasses glinting in the moonlight...

Great! And here I thought this night couldn't possibly get any worse. Well, of all the males in Yamaku Kenji was probably the safest to have around if you were naked and all alone in your room in the middle of the night and couldn't even scream for help. He'd probably come just to gloat, and thankfully I wouldn't be able to hear any of it. Somehow I didn't have it in me to be angry at him. Either I was just too spent, or all my anger was safely focused elsewhere.

Resignedly I made sure I had a firm grip on my blanket and reached out for the notebook and pencil I kept on my nightstand to communicate with – well anyone who wasn't Misha. I'd probably have to write really big letters for him to be able to read them.

But what happened next made me drop the notebook and almost the blanket as well: Kenji had closed the door and stood in front of it, looking like he was ready to bolt at the first hasty movement on my part. Then he took a deep breath and started to sign.

Hakamichi, I have come to parley
Last edited by Mirage_GSM on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Leotrak

Re: Victory Day

Post by Leotrak »

... Well, that's one hell of a surprise ending O.o

Also, you totally made me hate Hisao here ">_> Congratulations :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Parley matey!
You know, i've never had it in my self to make Hisao the bad guy; mostly because I see a lot of myself in him. You have a good story forming here so I look forward to what path you plan on taking. Reminds me I should get back to work on my stuff, peace out. 8)
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

Holy jeez, did Makoto Ito change his name and transfer schools?
chaix

Post by chaix »

impressive, you've managed to turn Hisao into a jerk to rival shinji matou.

I may not be sympathetic to him most of the time, but I hope Kenji gets to beat the hell outta Hisao.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Leotrak wrote:... Well, that's one hell of a surprise ending O.o
Also, you totally made me hate Hisao here ">_> Congratulations :P
I like to think of it more as a surprise beginning ;-)
And if you already hate Hisao after this, wait till you read chapter two...

Edit: Didn't want to doublepost. Here is Chapter 2. Enjoy! 8)

Chapter 2
It wouldn’t have been a greater shock, if suddenly a third eye had opened on his forehead. His signs were crude and by no means as fast as Misha’s but still easily recognizable. I closed my mouth which I noticed had been gaping for a while now, made sure my blankets were securely tucked under my arms and signed back.

Kenji, since when do you know sign language?

He seemed to grow several centimeters and his chest swelled with pride. You’d like to know that, huh? In a war, it is always crucial to know what the enemy is plotting, and the best way to gather intel is to eavesdrop when they don’t know you are listening.

That was more like Kenji. He might not have been replaced by aliens after all… So what the heck are you doing here? If your buddy Hisao sent you here to gloat…

He interrupted me with urgent gestures. No, no, no! Nakai doesn’t know I’m here. I waited for him to go to bed and then snuck out of the dorms to get here.

Okay, it seemed like I wouldn’t have to kill him right now, but… Turn around!

What? I’m not going to fall for this, Hakamichi. I’m not going to turn my back to you, so you can…

I cut him off with a sharp gesture. I said turn around! It’s difficult to sign while clamping the blankets beneath my arms, so I’m going to put some clothes on. If you haven’t turned around by the time…

I stopped signing, because he wouldn’t have been able to make the rest out with the back of his head anyway. I threw back the blankets and quickly put on some panties, a bra and a nightgown. It was still less than I’d usually be comfortable with in the company of a boy, but this was Kenji. He wouldn’t touch me with a ten-foot-pole if he had one on his person (a possibility I wasn’t about to discount out of hand) and he wouldn’t be able to see any details anyway. I was surprised he could even recognize my signs.

I stepped up to him and poked him in the shoulder. He jumped half a meter straight up and probably also screamed. I just hoped it hadn’t been too loud. Damn you, Hakamichi, don’t scare me like that!

I shrugged and went back to sit on my bed. So, if Hisao didn’t send you, why are you here? Aren’t you afraid I’d take the opportunity to rid the feminist movement of their number one enemy?

He visibly paled. Hey, you can’t do that! I called a parley. According to the Geneva Convention… Wait, you Feminists never actually signed the Geneva Convention, did you? How devious! You tricked me…

I sighed. It’s okay, Kenji, I will respect your parley. Just tell me why you are here. I was fairly certain that the Geneva Convention didn’t cover such things as “parley” but I knew better than to argue the point with him.

I propose… He faltered in his signing, and I could see he was fighting an inner battle about whether or not to continue. I propose an al…alliance.

Suddenly the ‘replaced by aliens’ theory gained a serious number of credibility points again, and I had to remind myself not to start gaping again. For several seconds I was too stunned to reply.

Why? Aren’t we the evil feminist bitches bent on the destruction of mankind? It still hurt to remember Misha translating those words to me.

He looked to the ground and even seemed to be a bit embarrassed. Well… That’s what I thought… But recent goings-on in this school have led me to believe I might have made a mistake by focusing solely on the feminist threat.

Recent goings-on? What are you talking about?

He looked back up at me. Don’t play dumb, Hakamichi! I know you, my arch nemesis, are more cunning than that. You know I’m talking about Nakai.

What about Hisao? Are you afraid one of his affairs is going poison him or to seduce him to join the feminists?

His expression tuned grim. You’re right. That’s what I feared at first, but not anymore. He’s become way too powerful for that. I’ve watched him for some time now. He’s too strong for you feminists. And it’s my fault. I created a monster.

You did? What are you talking about? Monster? Gods, even being mute, this hardly qualified as a feat of eloquence.

Kenji pulled back the chair in front of my desk and slumped down on it. It was a week after Nakai came to the school – on the night of the school festival. Nakai and I were hiding up on the school roof. We were both drunk… And then I told him about your secret weapon.

What kind of secret weapon are you talking about

I told him about Misha and me. What she did to me when we had… sex. How she drained all my energy. And I don’t know how he did it, but somehow he must have figured out how you do it and adapted the technique for his own use.

So why aren’t you happy he’s using this ‘weapon’ against us feminists?

What kind of person do you take me for, Hakamichi? I’ve been on the receiving end of that weapon myself, and he not only adapted it, he increased its power tenfold. I’ve seen how the girls are like when he’s done with them… I’ve seen how Ibarazaki locked herself in her room for three straight days without even going on her morning runs. I’ve seen that Tainaka girl from your class going hysteric in front of the dorms, screaming her lungs out in front of his room until she had less voice left than you. Tezuka was painting nothing but broken hearts for a month after he ditched her, and it was pure luck that Mihama from 1-3 didn’t die from that triple dose of insulin she gave herself… I wouldn’t wish this fate upon my worst enemies.

Wait, Tainaka as well?

Kenji reached into his shirt, pulled out an envelope and passed it to me. I opened it and found half a dozen printed photographs. All I could make out was that they seemed to show pages of a book. I switched on my reading lamp and squinted to make out the writing. It was some sort of calendar and it covered the last several weeks. The entries… I sucked in a breath. All entries were marked with a star followed by a girl’s name. Rin, Naomi, Haruka, Miki, Ritsu, Misha, Natsume, Ayumi, Emi, Sakura… The list went on. Yes, there had been rumours, but nothing like THIS. The photos dropped out of my hands and I looked up to Kenji, who was watching me intently.

When he brags about his exploits, he tends to call those dates ‘Victory Days’. You know like the Americans did…

Why? Though I felt like crying, I started to get angry again. Why do you come to me now, after he… After he got what he wanted? You could have warned me…

Even as I was signing this, I knew what his answer would be. Heck, I didn’t even believe Misha. I wouldn’t have given a damn about anything Kenji told me.

After a while he started signing again. You know, I tried to warn Ibarazaki, when he started to move on her. She only laughed at me and told me to mind my own business. Looking back, I was lucky she didn’t grass on me in front of Hisao, or we’d be pretty screwed now. He paused. Well, even more so... He continued before I could smack his head for this. Anyway, as it is, he still doesn’t suspect me of anything, so that’s good, but Ibarazaki was no help even after… she knew I’d been right. She just told me she never wanted to have anything to do with Nakai ever again. I couldn’t do anything against him alone. I needed allies, and when he started to move on you… He looked like a puppy about to receive a beating. I wanted to warn you, I really did! But I couldn’t risk it. If you’d told him, everything would have been over. But I knew that you are strong, that you wouldn’t be destroyed like the others were.

It was amazing how calm and collected he was – for his own standards of course. Maybe having to concentrate on making out my signs and doing his own correctly, kept him from going into one of his hysteric fits. Whatever the reason, I hadn’t seen him this way since before… that thing between him and Misha happened.

And what exactly do you need help for?

His look turned to one of desperation. I don’t know. I’ve been wracking my brain about that for weeks, but I can’t think of anything. I was hoping you would have some idea. He HAS to be stopped, Hakamichi! He trusts me. I can get you all the intel you need, but nobody would believe anything I say. He raked his hands through his hair in frustration.

My mind went into overdrive. What could I do to stop him, to turn his victory in battle to a defeat in the war? If only…

If I can make him think I’m still interested in him…

Won’t work. Kenji interrupted me. He’s now lost every interest in you. That’s how it always is.

Damn, This would be difficult, if everyone who was a potential helper was also useless as bait.

Kenji must have noticed my expression. But if you need someone to act as a lure, we’re going to have to get Satou to help us.

Satou? Why her of all people?

Because he's had some kind of obsession about her for a long time now. I think it's because she's the only girl he's not been able to seduce, no matter how hard he tried. She never forgave him for what he did to Ikezawa

I thought for a moment. Okay, we'll have to see, if she's going to help us. Thank you Kenji. I know how hard it must have been for you to come to me for help.

Don't think you can lull me into carelessness. This alliance is only temporary. I will stay vigilant for any tricks you might try!

I sighed. That's fair Kenji, please do that. But for now, would you mind leaving me alone for a bit? It's late and I need some time to think. I'll contact you tomorrow, OK?

He nodded and stood. Alright, Hakamichi. I'll return to my room to rest and will wait for your message. He opened the door and after he had made certain the hallway was empty, he scurried outside. With a sigh, I closed the door and sank down in front of it. It had been a long night.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

The Plot Thickens... 8)

And you're right, it's even worse now - Hisao has transcended from being an "asshole" to being an "asshole that needs to get a heart attack" >_>

Congratulations once again :P
"oh moe is me" -me
neumanproductions

Leotrak wrote:The Plot Thickens... 8)
And you're right, it's even worse now - Hisao has transcended from being an "asshole" to being an "asshole that needs to get a heart attack" >_>
Congratulations once again :P
Actually I have particular theories as to why Hisao would have the desire to use the power that Misha has against the other girls. He defeated her in an epic battle of sexual drainage. If you strike him down he shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine.
I'm sorry to say, at the expence of everyone throwing bricks at me, that Hisao has somewhat become an exquivalence to Light Yagami and Lelouch in that you want him to break down any barriers put infront of him. Damn, Kosher has gotten to me. :P
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
chaix

Post by chaix »

lelouch wanted revenge for his mother and a peaceful world for his sister.
light wanted a world without crime.

Hisao's apparent goal of sleeping with any good looking women isn't quite enough for him to be able to say that the ends to justify the means. also, i'm with leotrak. if he doesn't do something incredibly redeeming, soccer ball straight to the chest for that asshole.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Time for Chapter three.
I'll be away at Connichi this WE, so don't expect further updates before monday. Don't let that keep you from further comments, though.

Chapter 3
I was sitting in the student council office waiting for the others to arrive. I’d excused myself from class today, claiming stomach cramps and had spent the morning with Kenji in his room planning our next steps. We’d come up with a dozen different plans and had ended up dismissing most of them because of some problem or other. The plan we ended up with… Well, I wasn’t happy with that one either. Too many unknowns, and it all depended on Satou’s cooperation.

My musing was interrupted when the door opened and Kenji entered the room. He cast furtive glances all around, as if expecting to be ambushed every moment.

Hello Kenji. Did you get the message to Satou?

Yes, I left her a note in Braille, where she can’t miss it. She should be along any… He interrupted himself and glanced over his shoulder towards the door. Apparently there had been a knock.

The door opened and Lilly entered the room. Her face showed no little surprise when Kenji greeted her. She must not have expected to meet him here of all places.

Lilly said something. From her expression, I gathered it was a question, but Kenji neglected to translate her words for me. Instead he seemed to answer himself. I tried to get his attention by waving my hands in front of his face, but he just stared at me confusedly.

Damn, I should have expected this. Kenji might be able to communicate using sign language, but he was not nearly fluent enough to do a simultaneous translation. I’d been so used to Misha, that I’d not even considered Kenji might not be up to the task. Leaving the negotiations to Kenji was not an option either. Lilly was already showing signs of annoyance, and Kenji was looking more and more stressed as well.

Sighing inwardly, I pulled out my cell phone and sent one of my prewritten text messages to Misha. I’d hoped to do this without getting her involved, but it seemed like I couldn’t do it without her after all. I just had to hope she wasn’t too far away.

While I’d been busy sending the message, the talks had been deteriorating further. From the looks of it, Lilly was far beyond annoyance by now and well into the phase of anger. I had to do something and soon, or she would leave.

I put my hand on Kenji’s shoulder to shut him up. He jumped. He’d probably already forgotten I was even here.

Then I gently took one of Lilly’s hands – the one that was not holding her cane – in mine. She started and almost pulled it back. Then she looked in my general direction with a curious look on her face. Her mouth opened and though I could not read lips very well at all, I could make out my name.

I turned her hand around and then started to draw some Kanji in her palm: Yes. and Wait. When I she showed signs of protest, I drew some more signs: Please.

At that she seemed to calm down a bit, and I led her towards one of the chairs to sit down. Kenji opened his mouth to say something but one gesture made him close it again. We settled down to wait, every one of us feeling awkward in each other’s presence.

Luckily we didn’t have to wait long. After a few minutes, the door flew open again and Misha burst into the room, hands signing furiously.

Shicchan, are you OK? I thought something was wrong. Muto said stomach cramps, but your period is not due for another week, so I was worried… She only now seemed to notice the other people in the room and immediately her mouth started working in concert with her hands. Kecchan? What are you doing here? Class rep?
Lilly spoke up and this time I had the benefit of an almost instant translation. Apparently, Miss Hakamichi and Mr. Seto had me come here to ask me to seduce Mr. Nakai. You wanted her to do WHAT?

The last part had to be Misha original. I almost smacked my forehead in annoyance. Instead, I walked over to Kenji and cuffed him once over the back of his head.

Ouch! Hey, what was that for? Now that his focus was back on me, he reverted to sign language, but I noticed, that Misha kept up the translation for Lilly’s sake.

That was for being an idiot. Let me do the talking now.

At “Talking” Misha burst out into laughter – at least that’s what I gathered from Kenji’s and Lilly’s pained expressions. Hey, since when does Kecchan know sign language?

Long story and not important right now… Lilly we have indeed called you here to ask you for your help, but please hear me out before you say no.

Lilly gave a wary nod, so I continued. As you know, Hisao has built up quite a history with women…

I paused, as Lilly interrupted heatedly. Stop it with those euphemisms. That bastard takes pleasure from breaking women’s hearts. Misha visibly stumbled at that. You do know how bad dear Hanako was when he dropped her! You saw all the paperwork I had to get through to allow her to change class, because she couldn’t bear to be in the same room with him anymore. She doesn’t even dare to go to the library anymore for fear she might meet him there. She seemed to calm down a little. Being in class 3-2 has helped a little. She’s almost back to the way she was before she met him. But you know, there’s a very sweet boy in our class, who’s had a crush on her for a long time, and I don’t know if she’ll ever be able to trust men again.

I swallowed. She was right. It had all been before my very eyes, but I had refused to see. You are right Lilly. I was blind not to notice, but I couldn’t believe that one person could have two sides that are so different from each other…

And why is it, that you can believe it now? Misha’s signs contained nothing of the acid I imagined being in Lilly’s voice right now.

I froze. I had known that I wouldn't be able to avoid this question, that I would have to confess my shame to Lilly Satou of all people. Still the thought of Hisao continuing his exploits churned like a block of ice in my stomach. I... We needed Lilly's help. I took a deep breath and mentally prepared for what was to come. Because last night, he treated me the same way.

WHAT? No other person I know could convey volume using sign language as well as Misha. Lilly looked shocked, but Misha rushed up to me, caught me in vise-like embrace and started to cry. Holding her close and patting her back, I couldn’t help but starting to cry again myself.

When I had myself back under control, and Misha had calmed down a bit as well, I looked around the room. Lilly was sitting there, obviously at a loss as to what was going on, while Kenji had retreated to a corner. I wasn’t sure whether he was frightened or simply embarrassed to be there.

I pushed Misha at arm’s length and she immediately started to sign again. What? How? When?...

Calm down. The important thing now is to make sure that I’m the last girl he ever treats this way.

And how is myself seducing Hisao going to make sure of that? Lilly still seemed to be appalled by that. And what does Mr. Seto have to do with all of this?

Kenji has kindly offered his assistance in making our plan work. Both Misha’s and Lilly’s mouths dropped open at that. I took the photographs from my bag and showed them to Misha, who described their contents to Lilly. I then went on to explain what exactly we had in mind for Hisao. Kenji reluctantly returned to our midst to answer any questions, Lilly or Misha might come up with.

Finally it was time for the most important question. So, Lilly, are you going to help us?

A grim smile manifested on her face. Yes, Shizune, I will.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Well, obviously whatever plan they've come up with will work, because they've got the Unspoken Plan Guarantee going for them.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
neumanproductions

griffon8 wrote:Well, obviously whatever plan they've come up with will work, because they've got the Unspoken Plan Guarantee going for them.
That's for sure. You really have set up something that is going to be interesting to read further.
Katsuu

Post by Katsuu »

Intriguing story. It certainly puts an interesting twist on the story. ...this makes me think, what if there was a moral code placed in the full release of KS? As soon as you finish a path, the game deletes itself and your IP address can never download it again. xD

Anyway, I want to hear some story from Hisao's side of things. If you do the scene where they exact their plans from his perspective, it might help us understand him and his cold heart.

Unless you don't want us to.

Either way, enjoyable read.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

griffon8 wrote:Well, obviously whatever plan they've come up with will work, because they've got the Unspoken Plan Guarantee going for them.
Well, it might be a trope, but the reason for it is sound:
If the plan worked after being explained to the audience, it would be a spoiler.
Besides it would be boring to read the same thing twice - once during exposition and again during execution.
That said, all this could be a carefully planned subversion of this trope... 8)

Oh, and this story will be entirely from Shizune's point of view. (That's the current plan at least.)

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Oh man... Hisao's in for it now...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"oh moe is me" -me