Emi's Winter Break

WORDS WORDS WORDS

neumanproductions

Re: Emi's Winter Break

Post by neumanproductions »

Excellent addition you have graced us with. Hisao able to see his old school friends along with Emi getting to meet them at a dance/party. You really have me looking forward to your next chapter. Ten Rin toes way up!
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Add Emi's fingers, and all four of their stumps to what Neuman said :D That. Was. Awesome ^_^
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I thought about waiting another day for the next part, but now I'm eager to get on with it.

Emi's Winter Break, Part 4.

I knocked on Hisao’s bedroom door, my usual three knocks, and waited.

Come on, Hisao, you should already be awake. I knocked again.

“Hmurf? Come in.”

I opened the door to Hisao’s room and found that he was still in bed. “Wake up, Hisao. You don’t think that just because you’re sleeping in your own bed at home means we’re not still running, do you?”

“It’s vacation. I deserve a break from running. So do you,” Hisao said from beneath his covers.

“That’s no excuse! You’ve been doing so well. You’re feeling better, you’re getting better sleep, you’re even getting your homework done. You can’t let it fall apart now. Now get out of that bed!” I said as I pulled his covers off…

… To find that Hisao was already dressed for running.

“Gotcha!” Hisao said.

“Oh, you! Always with the jokes.”

“What, you like my jokes.”

Most of the time. When you come up with something brilliant.”

“That one I pulled on Misha for instance.”

“Yes, Hisao the trickster’s finest hour.” I had to giggle at the memory.

“The hardest part was finding a glue that looked and felt enough like her hand cream. Making the swap was pretty easy.”

“But then I had to talk you out of the one you were planning for Lilly. Do you know what she would have done to you if you had gone through with that stunt?”

“Yeah, yeah, we’ve been over that. No taking advantage of disabilities.”

“And you better keep that in mind, Mr. Nakai.”

“Oh, now I know you’re being serious.”

“Good. But enough of that. We’re supposed to have fun when we’re running, so let’s go.”

So Hisao and I left his parents’ house for our run.

“Do you even know where we’re going?” Hisao asked.

“Sure I do. I took a look around the neighborhood yesterday before we had dinner. I didn’t really expect you to know a good route to run, what with being directionally challenged and all.”

“Hey, I resent that. I grew up in this neighborhood.”

“So what route do you think we should take? Where should we go to get the right distance and return home?”

“… Okay, I never looked at these streets for that. I don’t know.”

“Which is why I looked around last night. Don’t worry, we’ll still follow your running program. Of course, we’re getting a little ahead in it now.”

“We are? Why is that?”

“Hisao, when I made that running program in the first place, I didn’t expect that I would be with you to make sure you kept running during Winter Break. It’s not like I knew we’d start dating and that I’d be staying with your parents.”

“That’s a fair point. Well, I’m glad that you are with me. I’m still not a big fan of running in general, but I like what it’s done for me. You know, besides getting you as a girlfriend.”

“Ah yes, there are many advantages.”

“My endurance is far higher than it would be otherwise. I’m not sure how much sex I could have if not for a good exercise program. Wait, that was your motivation for that in the first place, wasn’t it? You just want me for my body,” Hisao teased.

“Curses! You know my secret. Now I will have to abandon you and find someone else to mold into suitable shape. Maybe someone at the party tomorrow…”

“No, I will make sure every eligible guy eats his own Christmas cake. You’ll be disgusted by their eating habits and come crawling back to me. And I, in my magnanimity, will take you back, despite knowing how shallow you really are.”

“Your plan doesn’t work if I pick a girl.”

Whoops! Hisao stumbled at that.

“Ow!”

“Hisao! Where does it hurt?”

“Ah, let me check.” He felt his chest, but apparently his heart was okay, because he moved on to checking his limbs. “Scraped some skin on the palm of my hand when I fell. Doesn’t look like anything else happened.”

“Feel up to finishing our run?”

“Yeah. Just don’t surprise me like that again.”

“Ha! No promises. You’ve got to be able to take a joke if you’re going to insist on making ’em.”

“Eh, fair enough. Let’s get going.”

Previous Next
Last edited by griffon8 on Fri May 18, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

For a moment there I thought you had accidentally reposted chapter one...
Now I'm really curious what he intended to do to Lilly :twisted:
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

This just keeps getting better and better ^_^
"oh moe is me" -me
neumanproductions

Mirage_GSM wrote:For a moment there I thought you had accidentally reposted chapter one...
Now I'm really curious what he intended to do to Lilly :twisted:
Obviously this would be my idea of a practical jokeon Lilly.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
TipsyRooster

Post by TipsyRooster »

lol, Emi path Hisao is a dick.

I like it. ^_^
Cockadoodle...hic!
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Now I'm really curious what he intended to do to Lilly :twisted:
That, like Mr. Nakai's method of proposing, will remain a Noodle Incident.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Griffon8's Writing
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

griffon8 wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Now I'm really curious what he intended to do to Lilly :twisted:
That, like Mr. Nakai's method of proposing, will remain a Noodle Incident.
Ah, that has to be something like the famous Sashimi Incident 8)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Emi's Winter Break, Part 5

“Hicchan, Emi, we’re leaving now!” Mrs. Nakai called out.

“Okay Mom! Enjoy your dinner!” Hisao called out from the den.

We heard the front door close, leaving us alone in the house.

“So you said your parents always have dinner out on Christmas Eve?”

“As long as I can remember. They get to exchange their gifts for each other without me ‘getting underfoot’, or so they used to put it. I think that occasionally there have been gifts they felt I didn’t need to know about.”

“Well that’s fine. That leaves us with time to exchange our presents.”

“We can order food as well; they always leave some money for me.”

“That’s real nice of them. I’m going to have to offer to cook some night this week, but I’m not used to cooking for four.”

“Don’t bother. Mom will never let a guest cook. Not even her own mother. I guess that’s part of the reason I can’t cook.”

“Yeah. We’ve seen what results from your attempts.” I exaggerated a look of disgust.

“Hey you have to be better than me at something.”

I stuck my tongue out at him for that.

“Okay, okay! Let’s get some food before we do presents, all right?”

“Sounds good. What’s around here that can get us healthy food?”

“Oh, uh… I hadn’t thought about that. I’ll get what delivery menus we have around.”

Looking through the menus, we had to eliminate Hisao’s former top two places for delivery, but the third one had a good selection. Food ordered, we watched some American Christmas specials on television while waiting.

“I’ve never thought the message of ‘Rudolf The Red-Nosed Reindeer’ was a particularly good one. It’s like it’s saying, ‘It’s okay to be different, as long as you’re useful’. How does that help anyone?”

“This thing is over 40 years old; it’s a product of its time. We’ve just moved on from that,” Hisao said.

“I guess. Still seems silly. Weird animation too.”

“I read that it’s called ‘stop-motion animation’. They pose the figures, take a picture, move the figures a little, and then take another picture. Repeat until done.”

“Hmm, not too different from regular animation then. Using figures instead of drawings.”

“Yeah, but 3-D environments were much easier to do stop-motion at the time. No computers.”

The doorbell rang to indicate that our food had arrived.

“You have to get off me now so I can pay for the food,” Hisao said.

“Okay. Let’s eat in the dining room; I’ve had enough television for tonight.”

“Good idea.”

I put my legs back on and set the table while Hisao paid for the food and brought it to the dining room.

“Dinner is served,” Hisao said dramatically, making me laugh.

The food was quite tasty. Hisao used to grumble about how the healthier the food was the worse it tasted. It took awhile to convince him that he just had to broaden his palate. Also that there were more seasonings than salt. We made light conversation as we ate. Both of us were looking forward to exchanging our Christmas gifts afterwards.

Finally, with dinner concluded and cleaned up, we went back to the den, where the Christmas tree and presents were. We turned out the lights except for the tree’s for a better mood.

“Who should go first?” Hisao asked.

“You go first; I like to go last with presents.”

“Okay.” He picked up my gift and shook it.

“Just like a kid to shake their present,” I giggled.

“It’s tradition,” he asserted.

Hisao tore off the wrapping and found a plain box inside. Opening the box, he found…

“A picture frame?”

“It’s a digital photo frame. You can put photos from your camera into it and it can do a slideshow. I’ve already loaded it with some of our pictures.”

“That… is really cool. Thanks, Emi.” He kissed me. “Much better than cluttering my room with all the pictures that I’d want. Okay, your turn.”

Taking a cue from Hisao I shook my present before opening it. The box was smaller than Hisao’s gift, but I knew that wouldn’t mean anything. Inside was a necklace; a silver necklace. Picking it up, I discovered there was a pendant on it. I looked at it to read what it said. “Emi? You got me a necklace with my name on it?”

“I couldn’t think of anything more appropriate for it to say than a name that means, ‘blessed with beauty’.”

“Aw, that is so sweet!” The kiss I planted on him for that left him speechless for minutes. Okay, mostly because we simply started making out.

We stayed on the couch after that, just enjoying holding each other. Snuggled together in the dimness of the room, we drifted into sleep.

Previous Next
Last edited by griffon8 on Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Griffon8's Writing
neumanproductions

First to read because i'm constantly on. XD
Hisao tore off the wrapping and found a plain box inside. Opening the box, he found…“A picture frame?”
Ladies and gentlemen we have figured out what is in the box from the trailer. And you all thought it was something big.
I liked your portrayal of the moment and the use of traditional christmas classics. Don't complain to much about the American Christmas shows Emi. Actually what I get from that show is the concept of dare to be different. Along with not being ashamed of what makes you that way. Okay off to comment to Kosher, I love that guys latest story he's having me proofread.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

d'awww, cute presents.

SO THAT WAS IN THE BOX!
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

neumanproductions wrote:Okay off to comment to Kosher, I love that guys latest story he's having me proofread.
*snickers because he knows what Neuman is talking about* :3

Anyway, much d'awwww to be had here ^_^ I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Hisao's parents will soon return home and find them all cuddled up? :P

And of course, much embarrassment ensues, cause parents can never let up an opportunity to mess with their kids... -_-"
"oh moe is me" -me
TipsyRooster

Post by TipsyRooster »

D'aaawwwwwwwwww.

Good story so far.
Cockadoodle...hic!
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

The kiss I planted on him for that left him speechless for minutes. Okay, mostly because we simply started making out.
You made me lol there.

I for one am glad you're doing something from Emi's POV. I have such a hard time writing from her point of view since I don't really get her. Maybe because she's too normal. Or maybe because I allegedly just don't like her. Either way, kudos for the effort. One of these days I'll try tackling this most difficult(for me) character.