If You Dream of August

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Aura
>has heterochromia

If You Dream of August

Post by Aura »

Note to self: If you dream of August in the spring, take it as a sign of things gone wrong. The semester has barely begun and you already look forward to the still faraway vacation. It simply must be a bad thing.

But maybe it is fitting that today is the day I'm a little bit out of it, and thinking of other things. It's a day, not different from others like it, but it is a little bit special after all, even if I don't want it to be. I'm a year older, a year wiser, a year stronger now. I don't feel any older, wiser or stronger, but I'm sure I've quietly grown as the seasons have passed. While waiting for yet another, relatively unremarkable day to begin, I sit in the familiar seat of the familiar classroom, and study myself from top to toe. All seems to be in order. I'm ready for yet another year in the life of... myself.

We live in a world without a future and a past often too painful to be remembered. We cling to the present, try to get what we can from it. This makes birthdays special, milestones reminding us of the importance of living. Thus, as a rule there is a big celebration. Not so for me, as I've told only one other of this date despite not intending to, and sworn her to keep the secret close to her heart and if possible, make even herself forget all about it. Maybe I would be able to forget about it too.

And forget I try. I dream of August, of the warmth of a waning summer and the leisurely days. Lost in these musings, I almost don't notice him entering the classroom. I look directly at him and he at me, his lips form a word simple enough to recognize. Hello. He is so clumsy it makes me frustrated.

The class begins and I straighten in my seat. The familiar bow, the familiar handwriting on the blackboard. Nothing makes this day different from all other days. That is good. That is like it should be. Misha turns around in her seat and starts talking with him, looking sly. I think she might be "whispering", and once again I wonder what exactly it is like. Without translation, I content myself to reading the textbook until she remembers to pay attention to me, flashing a bright smile without a hint of apology.

A note flies on my desk, landing straight on my textbook. It's almost neatly folded in two. I glance at the culprit before touching the note. He is smiling at me, but turns away, pretending ignorance.

"Happy Birthday!" reads the note.

Oh, I can't believe I'm really blushing. This is not like me, but perhaps the heart of a girl of eighteen is a new kind of secret, full of wonder. Such an embarrassing thing to say, but lucky me, I would never say that aloud.

Jumping on bandwagon derp. Pretty boring, maybe I should post my short practice shit more often than twice a year.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Warwick

Re: If You Dream of August

Post by Warwick »

Still, warms the cockles of the heart. Delightful little sketch, aura.
静音是买外夫
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Very touching indeed. Who knew that the devs could actually write well. :lol:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Aura, nicely done

Neuman.... *SMACK* NO! BAD! no bad-mouthing the Devs
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Shades of gray wrote: Neuman.... *SMACK* NO! BAD! no bad-mouthing the Devs
You heard of this new idea called 'sarcasm'?
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

A cool title, a warm short story.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

Short, sweet, and to the point, but not amazingly interesting.

Still, it brought a smile to my face, and it was flawless for it's length, so I suppose I can't fault it.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

I like how this implied how lonely it must be to be Shizune sometimes. Hopefully it's explored more in her path, because I think it adds a really interesting dimension to her character.

And Aura, you do know there are people here who would kill babies to get you to post more of your practice shit, right? Human babies.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Esa94 wrote:
that WAS sarcasm!
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Csihar wrote:And Aura, you do know there are people here who would kill babies to get you to post more of your practice shit, right? Human babies.
Probably not the best thing to have come up during an interview.
Shades of gray wrote:
Esa94 wrote:
that WAS sarcasm!
I knew that was the case :roll:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Shades of gray

Post by Shades of gray »

sarcasm countered by sarcasm countered by sarcasm countered by sarcasm? will wonders ever cease!

(and im stopping here)

Sorry for the slight de-rail Aura
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

I enjoyed this, thanks for sharing!
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

This was really touching ^_^ Took me a bit to figure out it was from Shizune's point of view, though ">_> Probably says more about me than the writings, though :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Interesting story, and excellent delivery. Do more, you overworked, underpaid servant to the masses!

(And believe me, nothing is more massive than an internet man!)
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué