Thank God for Hangovers

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Hoopa

Re: Thank God for Hangovers

Post by Hoopa »

Der Riese Now, you must be very diligent with her Samantha. Owning a dog is a great responsibility.
Yes, father. Oh, I love her!
You must feed her every day, and walk her, and be very careful when you play with her. You know she's going to have puppies.
Really? Can I keep the puppies too father?
We'll see Samantha. One step at a time.
^This makes me think it's from call of duty Nazi zombies. There's a stage called Der Riese if I'm remembering correctly, and I think fluffy is the 1st hell hound created.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Hoopa wrote:
Der Riese Now, you must be very diligent with her Samantha. Owning a dog is a great responsibility.
Yes, father. Oh, I love her!
You must feed her every day, and walk her, and be very careful when you play with her. You know she's going to have puppies.
Really? Can I keep the puppies too father?
We'll see Samantha. One step at a time.
^This makes me think it's from call of duty Nazi zombies. There's a stage called Der Riese if I'm remembering correctly, and I think fluffy is the 1st hell hound created.
This page seems to support you.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

You fellows do your research, don't you?

Alright, you found out the game, let's cut it here before we get too OT. I don't want the mods breathing down my neck.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Oh look, it's Hanako's birthday! And I totally forgot about it. Well, since I haven't done a birthday fic yet, I might as well do it on her actual birthday, huh?

...Ok, so technically it isn't her birthday anymore.....There was a Law and Order SVU marathon on. Sorry.

This might not be my most well-written piece. Not only did I punch it out in less than an hour, but I didn't have anyone proofread it. I think I could have done better, honestly. I hope you enjoy nonetheless.
Improvisation

July 9th, 2007

After turning over for the fourth time, I decided to get up and get on with the day. I should probably sleep later than 9 on summer vacation, but I just can't for some reason.

After throwing on some clothes, I sat down at my desk and jiggled my laptop's mouse to get it back into action. I immediately noticed a reminder on its calender.

'July 10 - Hanako's birthday'

"Her birthday's tomorrow? Aw hell...."

I grabbed my wallet off of my dresser and opened it up. There was only 1,000 yen inside, nowhere near enough for a good gift for her.

"Damnit, I knew I shouldn't have picked up STALKER from that import store..."

I leaned back in my chair and ran my hands through my hair. My first ever girlfriend and I forgot her birthday. Whoops.

I started thinking, desperately looking for something, not necessarily to give to her, but maybe to give me an idea. I saw the photo that was sitting next to my bed.

It was a picture we took not too long ago. Me, Hanako, and Lilly all together.

...Lilly...

I immediately walked out of my room and headed over to the girl's dorms. I didn't see Hanako around. She was most likely in her room or the school library. I eventually came across Lilly's room and gave her door a knock.

"Who is it?"

"It's Luke."

"Oh, come on in."

I walked into the fairly familiar room. Hanako and I had spent some time with Lilly before. Lilly apparently hadn't gotten up too long ago.

"How can I help you Luke?"

"Well, you know how Hanako's birthday is tomorrow?"

"Oh yes, I got her this book called Twilight, have you ever heard of it?"

"Isn't that book about a bunch of really wussy vampires that like sparkle in the sun or something? Sounds really stupid to me."

"I heard it's a really powerful romance story. There's even talks of a movie."

"Yeah, well, that's great and all, but I kinda have a problem."

"Oh? What's wrong?"

"I...er...kinda forgot tomorrow was her birthday..."

"Oh dear. So you didn't buy her gift?"

"No, and I don't have enough money to got buy her anything."

"I could give you some..."

"No Lilly, you don't need to give up any of your money just because I messed up and forgot my girlfriend's birthday."

"Well, what were you planning on doing?"

"Hanako really likes chocolate, doesn't she?"

"Yes."

"Well, I thought maybe you could help me out. You can cook well, right?"

"Yes, I can cook fairly well."

"So, do you think you could help me make some chocolates for her?"

"Of course I can Luke. You can even tell her you made them yourself if you want to."

"Really? Thank you so much Lilly! Is there any way I can pay you back?"

"Just keep being her boyfriend. Hanako has never been anywhere near as happy as she has been after you two became a couple, and I love how happy she's become. Just keep her this way, and you'd be doing more than enough to make it up for me."

"I'll do my best. I think I need her as much as she needs me."
***********************************************************************************
July 10th, 2007

I got up even earlier the next morning. I took an additional shower even though I had taken one the night before and put on some of my nicer looking clothes. I took her gift out of my mini-fridge and started my way over to the girl's dorms.

I eventually reached her room and gave her door a knock.

"Who is it?"

"It's me, Luke."

"Oh! Just a second!"

After a couple of seconds, she opened the door. She was wearing slightly nicer clothes than she would normally wear simply for sitting in her room.

I quickly grabbed her and pulled her into a hug.

"Happy birthday Hanako. Here, I...made these for you." I briefly considered mentioning her friend's name, but decided against it.

"Aw, thanks. Come on in." She said, pulling me in and shutting the door. We sat down together on her bed. I noticed that Lilly's gift was sitting on her nightstand, as well as a new chess set. I assumed it was from Hisao. I didn't see any other gifts.

"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything really nice. I can't even take you out to dinner or anything..."

"It's ok. I don't need anything more than your company. To me, that's the best birthday gift I could have." She said right before pulling me into a passionate kiss. It was at this point that I noticed she was wearing lipstick, which was somewhat uncommon for her.

"Oh, Luke?" She asked after we had broken the kiss.

"Yeah?"

"Try not to forget next time."

I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Yeah...sorry about that..."

"Just remember next year, ok?"

"Next year? Do you think...?"

"You made a promise. I'm pretty sure you're not one to break promises, are you?"

"Well, I am a man of my word..."

She smiled right before pulling me into another kiss.

"You know, I don't think I've ever been so happy for someone else's birthday."
***************************************************************************************
I swear, that jab a Twilight had absolutely nothing to do with the release of the Eclipse movie. Really. :twisted:
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I actually fired up the Wiki-tron thinking "No way, Twilight wasn't around when KS took place."

Then I saw that it was published back in '05 with the movie coming out in '08.

I swear, it felt like all that stuff popped out like within the last year. I feel old.

So, as for Hanako... Team Jacob or Team Edward?
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

kosherbacon wrote:I actually fired up the Wiki-tron thinking "No way, Twilight wasn't around when KS took place."

Then I saw that it was published back in '05 with the movie coming out in '08.

I swear, it felt like all that stuff popped out like within the last year. I feel old.

So, as for Hanako... Team Jacob or Team Edward?
*snickers* Twilight jabs are -always- approved of 8)

And Hanako is on Team Luke, of course O.o Though, the whole "team" crap didn't start until the movies came out -_-"

Anyways, I like what you did here, EL ^_^
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I'm on Team Jacob. Burger King has a scratch-off contest where you pick a faction on a game piece that comes with the food, scratch it off, and see if you've won a prize.

So far Jacob has won me chicken fries.

Anyways, Hanako with makeup of any sort? Do want.
Saika

Post by Saika »

Twilight
Nooooooooooooooooo!!! But good fic.
TheHeroicKnight

Post by TheHeroicKnight »

So I just got done reading all the chapters and one-shots in this thread and I really like this story! Yes I'm a Hanako fan but still. It's pretty well-written and you write Hanako fairly well.

Also I play Persona 3 and finished the justice path first because I liked the character. So I got that one reference right away.