Thank God for Hangovers

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Leotrak

Re: Thank God for Hangovers

Post by Leotrak »

Extremist_Line wrote: FLORIDA! WHOOOOOOO!
Good days to you, man, good days indeed 8)
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Here's the promised Hanako version of the visit to Luke's place. Thanks for the request Kosher!
For reference, all Japanese will be in italics and English is in regular text.

One-Shot: Visions of the Future
Sometime in the summer, 2008

I checked my watch again, supposedly the plane would be approaching in...

Oh, yeah, there it is.

The plane slowly approached the runway and touched down. I watched it all through the airport window.

After a few minutes, the crowd started coming through the door. It was way too easy to spot Hanako out of the crowd. She still had her deep purple hair and eyes. I waved to her and she immediately dropped her luggage she came running to me. She nearly knocked me over with the force of her rushing embrace.

"Luke! I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too Hanako. I can't believe you came all the way to America just to see me."

"There's no way I would miss out on seeing you again, I love you too much."
She said with a smile. Even though she was ecstatic to see me, I could tell she was exhausted from the trip.

"Thanks. Want me to take those for you?"

"Could you?"

I took a hold of her luggage and we started walking out of the airport.

"So, what do you think of America so far?"

"It's nice I guess. It's really hot down here in the South though."

"It's because it's so freaking humid. Did you have any problems on the way up?"

"I still don't really understand English too well. I'm worried about when I meet your parents..."

"I'll translate for you if you need it."

She reached up and kissed me on the cheek. "Thanks Luke. But even then, how will they react to me?"

"I'm sure you'll be fine. I don't care if they don't like you, and you shouldn't either."

"But...they're your parents!"

"And after I finish my year of community college here, I'm heading off to a full size college and won't see them for most of the year. Here's my truck."

I placed her stuff in the backseat of my truck and slid into the driver seat.

"Wow, this is a big truck..."

"I needed the space. Besides, statistically, around 55% of Southerners own trucks. One of our many stereotypes."

"What other ones are there?"

"Uh...banjo playing, farmer's tans, missing teeth, incest, exaggerated accents...we get a lot of crap from people."

"I don't think I saw any of that. There are a lot of..."

"Fat people?"
She nodded. "Well, that's America for ya. If you need to sleep, you can lean that seat back, just pull on the lever on the right side."

"Oh, thanks."
She pulled the lever and leaned the seat all the way back. I reached into the backseat and pulled out a blanket I had sitting back there for her. She wrapped it around herself and quickly fell asleep.

And so began the couple hour trip back to my town. She slept most of the time, although we did talk when she was awake.

We reached my house eventually. I grabbed all of her things for her. She noticed my sleeping calico cat on the way to the door and started petting it.

"Aw, you have a cute cat Luke."

"Thanks."

I walked through the door first and sat down Hanako's things. My mom was already there.

"Welcome back Luke. Where's your girlfriend?"

I felt her lean out from behind me.

"Um, h-hello. Sorry, I do n-not know English well. My n-name is Hanako Ikezawa."

"Ah, hello Miss...AH!"

She let out that sequel after I felt Hanako completely move out from behind me.

Damn it, I was hoping we wouldn't have to go through with this...

"Wha...your face!"

"Mom..." I walked over and pulled her into the next room. My dad came running in.

"What's all that squealin' about?"

"Rick, his girlfriend...she...has these scars."

"...Ok...?"

"You don't find that strange? And she has purple hair and eyes..."

"Well, that is weird. What's with all this Luke?"

"Guys, she got those scars in a fire several years ago that also killed her father, show some respect."

"Oh...I didn't know..."

"As for the purple hair and eyes, it's apparently a rare genetic mutation, nothing serious though."

"Are you sure that's it? You told us this girl was normal."

"Well, she is. She doesn't really have a disability, she just had this sort of anti-social complex because of those scars."

"How much scarring does she have anyways?"

"In addition to the face, there's some on her leg, side of her body, and hip."

"Wait, how do you know she has it in those parts?"

Oh, crap...

"I...uh..."

Think, think!

"Well...we went swimming when I visited her mom."

"Oh, ok." Phew...

"Please don't ask her about the scars, it's a sore spot for her."

"Alright. Well, we've already cooked, so you can go get her."

I walked back into the den. She was still standing where we had left her.

"Sorry about that. Are you ok? You started stuttering again."

"I-I'm just a little nervous..."

I pulled her into a hug.

"Aw, I'm sorry my parents are making you so nervous. If you can't speak in English or can't understand what they're saying, just let me know and I'll help out."

"Th-thanks."

"C'mon, they've got supper cooked for us." She nodded. I held her hand to try to comfort her as I led her into the dinning room. We sat next to each other, opposite of my parents.

"So, Hanako, you went to Yamaku with Luke?"

"Y-yes, I was going there for few ye-years."

"Don't you go to high school for three years?"

"Y-yes." I noticed they were eying her scars...

"We go high school for four years here. So, when did you start dating Luke?"

"Um...L-luke and me started...a w-week after he came.

"Wow, why did you two start so fast? Luke has never had a girlfriend before."

"U-um...Luke, what did t-they say?"

"They were asking why we started dating so fast."

"Oh...U-um...Well, Luke helped me w-with bully, I think you say? Sh-she was..."

"Harassing?" I said, attempting to help her out.

"Y-yes, harassing me, and L-luke helped me. We..."

"We just hit it off from there, pretty much." I said as I placed my hand around her. She blushed a little.

"I see, that was nice of you Luke."

"Thanks."

"So, were you bullied at you old school too?"

"M-my...o-old school..." I looked over at her, she looked like she was very distressed and on the verge of tears.

"Oh no..."

Her eyes started to water. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her up, then started leading her to my room.

"Sorry, I'll explain later!"

I shut the door behind me and set Hanako onto my bed. I sat down next to her and kept my arms around her.

"Hanako? Hanako, they didn't know."

She sniffled. "I-I know, but I s-still...I can't even think about it!"

"Hey, it's ok. C'mon now Hanako, don't cry."

"I-I'm sorry..."

I waited a bit for her to stop crying. I kept my arms around her and gently stroked her hair until she stopped. Hanako was stronger now but she still had her weak spots. One was the fire, the other is her old school.

After she stopped, she looked up at me. I'm still amazed at how beautiful her eyes are...

"You ok?"

She nodded.

"Alright, I'm gonna go talk to them, you want to stay here?"

She nodded again. I got up and walked into the dinning room.

"Luke! What did we do?"

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you guys. She...had a really, really bad experience at her old school. Worse than mine."

"My God...I didn't know..."

"It's ok, I think she's fine now."

"That's good. You know, she does seem like a nice girl."

"I'm glad you think so."
A few hours later...

"So, how's college?"

"It's ok I guess, I decided to go to a local community college. That way I won't have to do all the boring and difficult stuff when I'm in a classroom with hundreds of students where I can't get one-on-one help from the teacher."

"That's really smart of you Luke, most of the students that graduated went straight to college. What are you going to major in?"

"Law most likely. I'm planning on spending some time with the officers, I hear there's a program where you can be attached to an officer to help them out and such. After that, I plan to take those experiences and become a lawyer."

Hanako and I were sitting on my swing on the pool deck, we just decided to talk a little bit.

"What about you? What are you planning on doing?"

"I'm...not sure. I do want to go to college, but I don't know what I want to do..."

"Oh. Well, I'm sure you'll do fine, whatever you chose to do."

"Well, there is one thing I'm planning on for college..."

She then reached into her pocket and pulled out a small sheet of paper.

...A brochure for the college I was planning to go to after this year.

"Hanako? What...?"

She smiled at me,

"I know my English is not very good, but I need to work on it if I plan to go college in America."

"Hanako! You're going to...?"

She nodded.

"...Well, I guess I better get to work convincing my parents to let you stay here."

"But for now, please stay with me."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into a kiss.

After we finished the kiss, she laid her head on my should and I wrapped my arm around her back.

"Wow, the stars are beautiful."

"Aren't they?"

While we were in this position, my cat jumped up on the swing and curled up next to me.

Somehow, this feels really familiar, but I can't quite place my finger on it...

Oh well.
Now, if you people are satisfied, I should probably get back to work on my other fic...
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Extremist_Line wrote: Somehow, this feels really familiar, but I can't quite place my finger on it...

Oh well.
Hehehehe :P

Great read, as usual ^_^
Srsly, keep the stories coming :P
"oh moe is me" -me
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Oh come on EL, us northerns don't take every stereotype you mentioned as the south. :roll:
Anyways, since when do we need a genetic defect to have our Japanese girls with purple, blue, pink hair? :lol:
But great read, I love how you played Hanako out in this one-shot. You played on her strengths and weaknesses perfectly. Also, I can't believe you pulled a 'I almost admited I had sex to my parents' joke. Well, off I go. Get back to your other fic.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

neumanproductions wrote:Get back to your other fic.
While I know that's directed at EL, thought I'd mention I'm currently working on a little fanfic myself ">_> I'm just pondering whether I should post it all at once, or maybe chapter by chapter... Thoughts on that? If the latter, first chapter just needs proofreading, which I'm gonna ask Kosherbacon to do... Dunno yet if he -wants- to, since he seems to get online just as I go to sleep, but since I first proposed the idea I had to him (and he somewhat encouraged me to get on with it), I kind of don't want to give anyone else spoilers :P
"oh moe is me" -me
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Leotrak wrote:
neumanproductions wrote:Get back to your other fic.
While I know that's directed at EL, thought I'd mention I'm currently working on a little fanfic myself ">_> I'm just pondering whether I should post it all at once, or maybe chapter by chapter... Thoughts on that? If the latter, first chapter just needs proofreading, which I'm gonna ask Kosherbacon to do... Dunno yet if he -wants- to, since he seems to get online just as I go to sleep, but since I first proposed the idea I had to him (and he somewhat encouraged me to get on with it), I kind of don't want to give anyone else spoilers :P
Got your fic yesterday, I'll read it over when I get off work today. :)
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

kosherbacon wrote:Got your fic yesterday, I'll read it over when I get off work today. :)
Please be gentle >_>
"oh moe is me" -me
Saika

Post by Saika »

Hey Extremist/kosherbacon(or anyone else who might want to), I was wondering if one of you guys could put an OC of my own into one of your fics.
I'd do it myself, but I have virtually no imagination.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Saika wrote:Hey Extremist/kosherbacon(or anyone else who might want to), I was wondering if one of you guys could put an OC of my own into one of your fics.
I'd do it myself, but I have virtually no imagination.
Have you posted your character elsewhere? If you have a hard time figuring out how to apply him/her/it, try doing a short story showing a scene of their daily life. That's how my character spawned into a cancerous kudzu forest.
Saika

Post by Saika »

I haven't posted it, just some guy I keep imagining when I think of an anime version of my personality and such. And by no imagination, i mean i couldn't come up with a fanfic if my life depended on it.
And if I could, it would be pretty damn bad.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Saika wrote:I haven't posted it, just some guy I keep imagining when I think of an anime version of my personality and such. And by no imagination, i mean i couldn't come up with a fanfic if my life depended on it.
And if I could, it would be pretty damn bad.
Write up a character bio, with a physical description, list of likes and dislikes, and personal history and post it or PM it.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

I didn't think that my fic would turn out all that good, but I guess it did ok...
And trust me, no matter how bad your fic could be, there will always be worse.

Still, if you don't want to take the dive, I'm sure me or kosher could throw something together. He/she/it might not be part of the full canon, because it's already hard enough for me and kosher to get our two continuities together. If you could write up a basic character sheet, such as the one on the first page here, and give me some details of what you want to be occurring, I'll see what I can do.

Here's hoping this doesn't become common. There's no way I'm inserting 10 other OCs from all sorts of other people into this AU.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
Saika

Post by Saika »

Alright, give me a minute to get my thoughts together and I'll post some basic information on him.
Saika

Post by Saika »

Alright, I'm going to be vague on some parts, but that's either because I haven't thought really seriously about him in a while or because I don't care or for some other reason.

Name: It would depend on whether you want him to be American or Japanese. EL, if you were going to put him in a fic with Luke, him being American would give Luke a reason to meet him. If he's Japanese his first name would probably be the name I use for every game and website I play or go to: Saika. If he's American, I don't really have a preference so long as his name isn't stupid or generic.
Birthday: I guess I'll use mine, since he's kind of an anime version of myself. September 5th(year would depend on what year you want him to be in and such)
Height: Slightly taller than average. Again, depends on if he's American or Japanese, and its not like i have the average height for high school boys laying around.
Weight: Probably higher than average. Not skinny, but not fat either.
Blood type: Does it matter? I don't really care.
Hair: I've always imagined him having silver hair for some reason. Not old man gray, but silver.
Eyes: Either blue or orange. Again, a weird color for some reason.
Appearance: Tall(but not really tall), slightly emotionless(I tend to not show emotions, according to my friends), short straight hair, light skin(no tan).
Interests: video games, technology, music(basically anything besides country and rap), reading (and it's just coincidental that his interests and Luke's are similar)
Dislikes: being forced to lead a group or be the center of attention, being left out of things, people he doesn't know very well(or at all) trying to engage in conversation with him, playing competitive shooters against other people who are actually good(I/he isn't very good at shooters)
Trademarks: Always wears long-sleeved shirts and gloves(this will only apply if you agree to something I have in mind concerning his disability), usually wears a dog tag(military style) under his shirt

As to his disability, would you rather me post it here or message it to you guys(or one of you, or whatever) so that it would remain a secret to the forumgoers?

EL, this is essentially a carbon-copy of your character bio, I know.(the layout, not the info) Like I said, virtually no imagination.
Last edited by Saika on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I know coming up with the name is pretty hard, but try these:

http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/jap.php
http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/jap2.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mo ... Asia#Japan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_popul ... 26_Pacific

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/conversions.html

An here's for converting height and weight into metric or imperial measurements, should numbers come up in the story.