KosherBacon's writefaggotry: Lilly, Hisao, Page 18

WORDS WORDS WORDS

darrin

Re: KosherBacon's writefaggotry: Hanako/Hisao, Voyeurism Page 9

Post by darrin »

Saika wrote:Also, Lilly said she was watching. Lilly's blind!
Yeah, but a circumlocution like "acquiring information through those of my senses which do happen to be functional" would be way too pedantic or way too silly for anyone, let alone Lilly. :) Personally I've always thought that the main reason she laughs at Hisao whenever he says "See what I mean? Oh, er, I, um, gracious me, no of course you don't, because you're TOO FRIGGING BLIND, oh god what have I said..." is because she knows as well as anyone that "see" is used to mean "understand" about as much as it is to mean something having anything to literally do with the eyes. (Maybe even more?)

Granted, she could arguably have said "listening", but then we all know she was doing a heck of a lot more than listening. :oops: I'm guessing that little pause before "watching" was her deciding she didn't want to go into those messier (nyuk nyuk) details...

@kosherbacon: very nice. :) I got that it was Lilly at the fan bit in the beginning; probably it was supposed to be obvious from the very top for other reasons (duh, who else would be in Hanako's closet), but that was one fun bit for me out of a lot of other fun bits in the piece, so thanks.
kosherbacon wrote:I sent it to my proofreaders as "Kosherbacon does a hetero scene." Pretty much all of them called me out on my bullshit.
Ha, I am reminded of that Simpson's scene where they go to a fish restaurant, and Marge says she doesn't like fish, and can she just have some bread? and asks the waiter if the bread has a lot of fish in it, and he says yeah, it does actually. Or maybe I'm thinking of that crunchy frog sketch from Monty Python, where the confectioner insists that a particular candy only has a little bit of whatever in it, and the police are trying to explain that it's not really supposed to have any at all. :lol: In any case, I liked it, for whatever that's worth.
Terminally Hanako-smitten
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I would argue she could have said "observing", but I think "watching" was on purpose in order to solidify the voyeurism. Her inability to "watch" was acknowledged in the pause.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

A little bit of both of the above, actually. The pause was added when one of my proofreaders pointed out the odd choice in words.

I figured that since Lilly insisted that others don't adjust their speech for her sake, she wouldn't be averse to saying "watched" herself.

She was watching with her ears, nose, and imagination.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

kosherbacon wrote:I sent it to my proofreaders as "Kosherbacon does a hetero scene." Pretty much all of them called me out on my bullshit.
I know I would have XD Kosher and straight sex? Hell would freeze over first :P

Which makes me wonder why the hell it's still so friggin warm outside T_T Other than it obviously being summer...
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Looks like i'm late to the party. Anyways, I'm disappointed by 2 things Kosher my man.
1) Hisao using a condom. How many ficticious characters actually use them now of days; especially in the VN branch?
2) That you didn't make it Shizune in the closet, :lol: , now there would be a twist if I ever saw one. (Shoot there goes me writing a suprise like that, but yuri is more your thing. Wait I have a better idea :wink: )
Peace out!
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

neumanproductions wrote:1) Hisao using a condom. How many ficticious characters actually use them now of days; especially in the VN branch?
Err, actually...Luke used one.
neumanproductions wrote:2) That you didn't make it Shizune in the closet
She'll get her chance to shine as soon as kosher posts the other thing he did recently.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Ain't no love without a glove in my fanfics if you're not going to take responsibility. Unless you're a lesbian, then it's AWWWRIIIIGHT!

And today, Shizune plans a romantic getaway with Hisao.

================================================================================================================================
Quiet Devotion
================================================================================================================================

”Shicchan... why did you do that?”

Hisao rubbed his cheek where I struck him. There were discernible finger shapes outlining the discolored skin. I thought that sort of thing only happened in cartoons.

He didn't look angry, just ...disappointed. Or was that the look of resignation? Whatever it was, it was working. Have you ever hit someone as a kid and made them cry when you didn't expect to? It was my brother's ultimate weapon and it never failed to put me in my place. Hisao's response was more dignified and restrained, but it was every bit as effective.

Why did I do it? I... I'm not one hundred percent sure. I was so frustrated at the time, with midterms, the school board's student government advisor breathing down my neck, and with Satou and the other class reps failing to carry their own weight. All I wanted to do was reorganize my thoughts and unwind through a nice, quiet evening with Hisao. Well, Hisao and Shiina.

On my end, the planets had aligned perfectly for me to spend some time with Hisao. I had found a satisfactory resting point in the endless cycle of papertrails, I had just gotten my allowance- Yes, my allowance; did you really think I used school funding for my social life? -and I had reserved a table at a new restaurant downtown. Oh yeah, and Shiina's itinerary was free, I think.

After all the effort I, well, I and Shiina, went through, you'd think that Hisao would have made time for me. What did he do instead? He went along with plans he made with Ibarazaki and Tezuka. Ibarazaki and Tezuka, for heaven's sake. What, did he think that I had all the free time in the world? He could have seen those two anytime he wanted. His loss, then. That kind of opportunity wouldn't come again. And when he wanted to finally spend time with me, I was going to turn him down. That would show him.

Who was I kidding? I slapped him because I lost. I lost to fucking Emi and Rin. Not even Satou and what's-her-name. Was I wrong for thinking I've got a little gratitude owed me? After all I've invested in my friendship with Hisao, he just spurned me when it mattered.

Hisao turned around and left the student council room, stomping on his way out when anger finally boiled to the surface. I wished that it did sooner. I needed him to fight back. Then I wouldn't have felt so... so... not justified in my actions.

”It's okay, Shicchan, he'll come around sooner or later.”

”No, Shiina, I'm the one in the wrong. I need to make it up to him somehow.”

”Another date? I don't know if we have the time...”

”I cannot think of anything else. I'll have to make another opening.”

”I... I understand, Shicchan. I'll see what I can do.”

Shiina didn't quite get the totality of the situation. I was the class president. I needed to demonstrate that I was in full control of my affairs. A rejected date here, a missed deadline there, and suddenly my peers would lose faith in my ability to serve them. In any case, I needed closure. My mind wouldn't leave me alone until the situation with Hisao had a satisfactory resolution of some sort.

I took out my notebook and brainstormed ideas for my counterattack. It was going to be flawless, so irresistible that a pair of amputees couldn't possibly peel Hisao away. On my calculator, I punched away preliminary calculations and shuffled appointments around in my planner. There was a lot of work to be done, but my next move had to be decisive and definitive.

The dancing of my pillow the next morning gave me a quick surprise while I was getting dressed. I had forgotten that my alarm clock was under it. Things had gotten so hectic and exhausting that I had forgotten what it was like to not rely on Shiina to get out of bed in the morning. Normally I'd be so dead that I'd easily sleep past my clock's vibrations and would need her to drag me out of bed. It felt nice to wake up ahead of schedule for once.

As soon as I was ready, I dragged my associate out of bed so I could commence “Operation Wallaby.” I had to be creative and diligent with my time management if I was to ensnare Hisao AND take care of student council business.

Shiina fell asleep for probably the tenth time that morning while filling out official paperwork. The poor girl had such a hard time keeping up that she didn't even do her hair that day. I couldn't even recall the last time I've seen her in the outside world with her hair flat and uncurled.

Where should I have taken Hisao...? Hot springs? Nah, too forward. I'm not the type to say “Hey, I like you, let's be naked and wet together within the same facility.” Or perhaps a bed and breakfast in the countryside? No, the school was about as countryside as I was willing to go. Any more rural and we would have slept in dirt. Or how about we just go to a love hotel in the city? HAH. Yeah, right. No single thing was going to do so I hopped onto the computer and spliced together multiple regional activities from local travel websites.

”Shiina,” I signed behind my head, not even looking away from the screen. No answer came tapping on my shoulder so I summoned her again.

”Shiina?”

A quick kick to the back of her foot woke her out of her stupor. Shiina sat up to reveal that her hair was plastered to her face with sleep-sweat and that her sleeve was covered in drool. I laughed at her show of gracelessness.

”I'm done with these, Shicchan.”

”Very good. Now, I want you to hand those in at the teachers' lounge. Also, I'd like to have the monthly announcements printed, copied, and dropped off in every homeroom teacher's inbox.”

”Those too, Shicchan? They're not due until the end of the week.”

”We need them done as soon as possible. The sooner I get student council business finished ahead of schedule, the sooner we can make an opening for my outing with Hisao.”

Shiina got up from her seat to keep from nodding off again.

”I'll get right on it, Shicchan,” she said before leaving.

While she was gone, I managed to compile a fun, romantic, and relaxing itinerary for Hisao and I. I paid for things with the credit card my mom gave me for recreational expenses and printed out the tickets and reservation receipts just as Shiina returned.

”Shiina, I'm pretty much done. Can you write up a letter for Mr. Mutou to explain our absence?”

”Sure, Shicchan,” she said before reviewing my printouts. ”Is this all of it?”

”Yes. I found a nice amusement park on the coast that's only a two hour train ride away. They're doing a fireworks display to commemorate the end of summer. When we're done with that, I've got a hotel room booked for us to stay in for two nights. On the second day, we can go to the beach or just relax at the pool. We'll come back here on the third day.”

Misha flipped through my travel plans over and over again, squinting when she read the fine print.

”Shicchan, there is... I only see tickets for two people.”

”Yes. Will that be an issue?”

”No... I was... I was expecting to come along with you two.”

Oh dear. It seemed that in the midst of my preparations, I neglected to tell Shiina that the trip was going to be for just Hisao and myself.

”I'm sorry Shiina, but I need to spend quality time with Hisao on my own.”

Shiina's eyelids started to flutter while her nostril flared when she tried to keep from crying. Her hands shook and stumbled in our own equivalent of stuttering.

”B-But... H-How will you guys...”

”We'll be fine, I will bring my phone and my notepads. Besides, it will be a good opportunity for Hisao to learn some sign language. Or at least for him to stop mumbling so I could understand his lips better.”

That didn't seem to comfort her at all. I wondered what else could possibly have been so distressing.

”If you want to go to an amusement park, we can go next month. It might be too cold for the beach then, but I'm sure it will still be nice.”

Shiina wiped her face and replied with an unenthusiastic ”Okay.”

Once our work was finished, we returned to our rooms to get ready for school. Impatiently, I went straight to class instead of picking Shiina up at her room. I waited forever until I received a message from her just after everyone jumped at what I assumed was the morning bell.

-

Text Message

Hey Shicchan, I'm not not coming to class today. I'm not feeling well. Sorry.

~Misha T_T

-

As inconvenient as her absence was, I was a little amused. Poor Shiina cracked under pressure before I did. Not that she was weak, nor lazy. Not everyone could survive being a student government officer AND top student.

In any case, I didn't need Shiina to get by. Mutou accompanied his lectures with slides and chalkboard notes, and if all else failed, I could have had Hisao help me out via written word.

Or so I thought.

“In Stoi... ...reactant... ...whole... ...electrons...”

What the hell was Mutou talking about? That day, the projector decided not to work, while Mutou also happened to forget the value of penmanship. I tried keeping up to speed via passing notes with Hisao but I ended up slowing both of us down. Plus, I was sure he wasn't exactly thrilled about helping out the girl who slapped him just the previous day. It was shameful, really, spending the whole day sitting with my arms crossed like an imbecile, praying that someone else in the class would let me copy their notes after school.

“Excuse... appointment... form... fire... restraining order... ...Setou.”

Student council affairs were a disaster. Not only did I get more paperwork in an afternoon than I normally did in a whole month, but dealing with Satou was nigh impossible. If only she brought that girlfriend of hers, then I could have at least used my notes. She left in a cloud of frustration, probably not even sure I was even there. I kept instinctively throwing up my hands to give Shiina some instruction, but of course, she was nowhere to be found.

I figured it out. Shiina was annoyed that I made plans without her and she wanted me to pay for it. What a child. If she wanted to tag along, she should've said so right away instead of assuming she'd be coming. Besides, she wouldn't have liked being the third wheel anyway. Or was it that... That was it! It had to be. That girl wanted Hisao all to herself! She couldn't play by the rules so she thought that she could sneak in and snatch him away from under my nose. If she was straight with me, I would've even considered giving her my tickets out of pity so she could go in my stead if it were possible.

Of course, she had not earned that generosity. Instead of her letting me address her grievances rationally, she left me to the wolves. That night, I decided to take a walk down to the store to clear my head and remembered that I left my favorite coat in Shiina's room.

It was a good enough opportunity to give her a piece of my mind. I practically kicked her door down. I was ready to grab her by the hair and rip her a new one. I was furious, I was pissed...

...and I was an idiot.

Shiina was fast asleep with her eyes crusted shut with dried tears. She buried her nose in my coat and was clutching it tightly as if it was a cherished memory.

After all she did for me, I was going to pummel her face in and she would have probably thanked me for it. You know how I said my brother had a knack for knocking me down a peg whenever I was a bully? Shiina should have done to me that ages ago.

She deserved Hisao more than I did. Sure, I staked my claim first but she had experienced exactly the same things I did, so of course she'd be attracted to him too. I really wished I could simply have given her the tickets and reservation info and sent those two on their way. However, they were non-transferable and required my picture ID to claim.

Oh well. Sorry, Shiina.

I woke up with an earthquake invading my tediously normal dream. And by earthquake, I meant Shiina and my alarm clock joining forces to jostle me out of bed. What was so important about that day anyway? Oh yeah, “Operation Whatever.” Why did everything with me have to be so goddamned pompous? I was just going to ask some kid out on an long date, not negotiate a nuclear disarmament treaty.

Shiina pried open my sleepy eyes and dropped my glasses on, then asked if I was awake.

”It's my turn to stay in bed all day and skip school, is that okay?”

”But what about your trip with Hicchan? Aren't you going to invite him today?”

”What's the point? He probably wouldn't want to go anyway. I should just get my money back while I still could.”

”Don't say that, Shicchan! I want to see you succeed every bit as much as you do!”

”Why? Wouldn't it be easier if you and him...”

”Because I love seeing you happy, Shicchan, and whenever you're with Hicchan, you glow. You've never looked as alive in the past as you have these past weeks.”

We must have looked like quite a pair. Me, all gloomy, grimy, and unkempt, with Shiina above me, as perky and warm as ever. Those amber eyes of hers always could switch between diehard fervor and lighthearted whimsy at the flick of a switch. How she did that, I don't think I'll ever find out. And that hair... obviously, I've got some fairly dextrous digits at my command, but I'd never be able to find the patience or precision to curl my hair like that day in and day out.

Before I started penning a love poem dedicated to Shiina's hands in my head, I jumped out of bed and got ready for the moment of truth. I don't think I've ever been so scared of Hisao before. I kept telling myself that he was just a boy and the worst that could happen would simply be him saying no.

“No. No. No. No. No.”

I kept reading that off in my head to convince myself that receiving those words from him wouldn't be as harsh as I feared. It wasn't working.

”It'll be fine. I've arranged to have Hicchan be free on the days you wanted.”

”How?”

”A little creative encouragement on my part. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you bribe and threaten the right people. As far as the other girls are concerned, Hisao will be dead to them next week.”

”And Mutou?”

”You're going on a fact finding mission for student council. You and Hicchan will go on a trip to find inspiration for the future school activities.”

Stupid beautiful Shiina. She nearly killed me with her kindness. Those candy coated bullets that she flicked out of her fingertips did more to break me than any hateful poison she could have spat out. Not that I could imagine in a hundred years her being spiteful. I had to make it up to her somehow.

”Are you sure it was a good idea to wait till now? You could have asked him before class.”

”Yeah, I'm sure. I needed the time to get over the butterflies in my stomach.”

”But what if he made plans for next week since then?”

I smirked at Shiina's anxiousness. The poor girl was trying to share my burden of worry.

”Well, you did say you took care of it, did you not?”

”I'm just saying, maybe we should have hinted that you had something planned for him sometime today.”

”It's fine. Don't worry about it.”

“Hello. Did ...me... thing?”

Ugh, I really wished Hisao spoke slower and articulated his syllables better. I barely understood that canned greeting of his when he entered the council room.

”Yes, Shicchan has something to ask you. Do you have a moment?”

“Yeah”

”Hicchan says 'yeah.'”

”I understood that much.”

”Oh, right,” Shiina continued before switching to my words.

“Hisao, I've summoned you to atone for my behavior the other day. As you may have noticed, I'm quite...”

Shiina's idle hands twirled while waiting for my input.

“I'm a very jealous and territorial person, Hisao. I'm sorry.”

Hisao's jaw dropped as if I just undressed in front of him. After seeing his reaction I actually had to check to make sure I didn't.

”Um, apology accepted,” Shiina conveyed to me.

”Hisao, I would like to make it up to you. Would you be interested in going to an amusement park and perhaps the beach?”

”Sure, I'd like to. But I have to ask... in what capacity would we be going?”

”This isn't a recruitment exercise, if that's what you're worried about.”

”What I mean is... are you asking me out on a date?”

Time stopped when we reached the event horizon. Hisao gulped visibly. Misha's fingers fluttered and warmed up for a soul baring love confession. As for myself, I... I stared at Hisao.

Just what did I see in that guy anyway? Was he really the man of my dreams or was I just pursuing him for the sake of a chase. Well, I pretty much had him, but did I like my prize? I wasn't sure anymore. I started to notice his flaws. Hisao was lazy, unmotivated, spineless, bland, evasive, and to top it off, he had that stupid lock of hair on his head that stuck straight up. I couldn't count all the times I wanted to just grab a pair of scissors and chop it off myself. I won the battle, but did I fight the right one?

Gah, whatever. It was too late to second guess my feelings. I took a deep breath, did a final audit of my feelings, and fired away at Shiina, who visibly shut down her brain to make things easier on her.

”If we go, it will be just as friends. Actually, Hisao, I have recently realized that I am in love with Misha... Wait, I'm Misha! Wh...what? But I...”

Shiina's words sputtered and fizzled out when she clapped her hands over her mouth. I turned her to face me and pried her hands back into speaking position. I couldn't tell whether it was out of habit or if she really wanted Hisao to be privy to things, but it looked like she was still narrating for him.

”Shicchan, is it true? Please don't joke like that.”

”It is, Shiina. Do you feel the same about me?”

”I... I... I... I do, Shicchan. I love you so much it hurts, but please don't do this for my sake. What about you and Hicchan?”

”What's this about 'Hicchan' and I? Like I said, he's just a friend to me. You... I cannot live without you and I confess, the way I've been blind to you and your feelings has been criminal.”

”No... please don't. Don't you dare give up on Hicchan. You don't really mean what you said...”

”You still don't believe me? Then I'll just have to show you.”

I grabbed Shiina's wrists and pulled them down to her sides to silence her. She squirmed and leaned backwards slightly, but she relented. I felt a sting of clichéd romantic electricity when our lips touched, but I soon realized it was just static discharge from that hair of hers.

For a split second, I wondered if I was doing was the right thing. For a moment, I feared that maybe Shiina and I weren't ready to happen and kissing her would only make things worse. I mean, who actually restrains people while kissing them? That's the kind of thing rapists did. In hindsight, that was rather abominable of me.

Fortunately, Shiina told me that she disagreed by opening her mouth to take me. I released my grip and felt her arms wrap around me to caress my back. She had such strong, yet soft hands. I wanted to become more familiar with them. With myself lost in Shiina's face, I completely forgot about the other business I had to deal with. Sadly, she remembered, and broke our lip-lock and embrace to settle things.

”Hicchan, you're still here... is there anything you need?”

”Oh, about that trip... Are we still on for that? When is it?”

Adorably, Hisao tried to keep a straight face in spite of what was happening before him. I noticed that he was pressing a binder against his lap. I didn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what he was hiding.

”It will have to be next month,” I answered through Shiina. ”Misha and I will go on ahead next week to scout the area first on our own. I'm afraid that I was only able to get tickets in pairs on such short notice.”

”I see, so that's how it is,” he replied, totally not buying it. ”Have fun, you two.”

”We will,” Shiina said on her own. “Is there anything else you need?”

”Well, no. I don't really have anywhere else to go, but you guys don't have to stop on my account...”

”If you don't mind, Hicchan, I'd like you to lea... what?”

”Let him stay and enjoy the show. It's the least we can do for him after I slapped him THEN uninvited him from our makeup vacation.”

”Shicchan, you're dirty.”

”And you aren't?”

”Guilty, as charged. WAHAHAHAHA~!”

I wondered if Shiina's laugh was as abrasive to hear as it was to watch.

From the balcony of our hotel room, Shiina and I watched the tourists play a game of chicken with the waves, while the lights of the amusement park rides flicked on at sunset. Holding her from behind, I gained an appreciation for her... softness. She once told me that she was the way she was, loud laughs, curly hair, bubbliness, and everything so that she could shine even when she's in someone's shadow.

How petty of her. Whenever anyone looked at us, she probably got their attention first anyway. I didn't mind, though. I wouldn't change a thing about her. Even if she was a skinny blonde with short hair, she would still be my world. Neither words nor actions could express how much I appreciated her, but believe me, I loved to try.

“We should ride the Ferris wheel one more time before leaving, huh, Shicchan?” she wrote into the notepad, since we were too occupied to converse like we usually did, with both hands.

”Yeah.”

”It's too bad Hicchan has to come along next time.”

”Oh, I don't know. It could be fun :3”

”You're not serious, are you?”

”Don't worry, Shiina. Your heart belongs to me. Besides, I won't hog him all to myself, I promise.”

”You're such a pervert, Shicchan. But hey, do you think we can get him to join the student council afterwards?”

”He better. He'd owe us.”

-End-
Last edited by kosherbacon on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leotrak

Re: KosherBacon's writefaggotry: Shizune/Hisao, Misha Page 10

Post by Leotrak »

*snickers* Nice job :P I like this one better than the previous one, though :3
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

muahaha. King of the Writefags does it again.
Saika

Post by Saika »

I thought this story was uncharacteristically lacking in lesbianism, until the lesbian part.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Saika wrote:I thought this story was uncharacteristically lacking in lesbianism, until the lesbian part.
Indeed.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Sometimes I wonder who you hate more, Hisao or Emi.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Hisao.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

kosherbacon wrote:Hisao.
Because he's not female and therefore can't be lesbian?
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Esa94 wrote:Because he's not female and therefore can't be lesbian?
Being a boy in my fanfictions does not preclude one from being a lesbian.

...Especially Hisao.