Humanity

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Allaulten

Humanity

Post by Allaulten »

Hello everyone. This is the first story that I have written in quite a while, so please do not get too angry with me. I am an engineer, not a writer. This is just something to pass the time.
I wanted to do a different story; it is more than likely clichéd , but eh, nothing is original anymore. Plus, I literally just wrote this out in about two hours, so again, please do not get too angry. Also, just in case anyone lives outside the United States and does not know this, epinephrine is the United States term for adrenaline.

Edit: I should have realized that, since I can't get indentions to work here, I would need to space between paragraphs. Well, I got it the second time around.

Humanity

Friday, September 17, 2010 – Today, I killed someone.

The date was the seventeenth of September. 6:23 a.m. was the time. I laid in my bed for about an hour and pondered over what exactly I was going to do. The woman I was in love with was in love with another man. I had only recently found this out, mind you. There I was, flowers in hand, walking towards her to profess my love for her when this . . . pathetic excuse for a man walked up to her and . . . did things.

Why . . . why was this happening? What did I ever do to deserve this? For three damn months at this school I was the nicest person to her. Every day I helped her with tasks, I talked to her, ate lunch with her, and even tutored her!

Ever since I arrived at this school, Yamaku, I had struggled to get used to the different atmosphere, their own “culture” perhaps. There were people with disabilities everywhere. Disgusting. I had to get put in a place like this, how demeaning to myself. I nearly went insane over the thought of staying here for the rest of my career as a pre-university student. As such, I never talked to anybody. Why should I waste my breath over people who would not understand me? Hah. I bet they were all mentally retarded as well. Pathetic. Several “unique” people tried to befriend me, one of which was deaf. She sadly did not get to her me laughing at her. For three days I was like this . . . and then she came along.

Looking back, I suppose I should have noticed she was only manipulating me, but I was blinded by my emotions at the time. At the time, I really did need a friend. She approached me differently; she was exorbitantly well-mannered, yet at the same time she held a certain shyness. It really did catch me off guard. So much that I didn’t even notice her disability. But this is all the past now. In retrospect, I wish I had more control.

For three months this façade went on. I helped her, and she helped me. It hurts to think about it now, but I was indeed falling for her during this time. No one had ever been like this to me. Sure, back in my normal school, I had “friends.” We played games and such, hung out, but that was it. She did that, and more.

I looked back at the clock. It read 8:43 am..
“Damn-it, I am going to be late for class!”

I hurried to get ready for class, putting on whatever clothes were available. I did not take my medicine today, nor did I eat breakfast. Rather, I grabbed the bottle of epinephrine I had stolen from the nurse and a needle, though I did not use it immediately. The nurse at this school was an idiot. He trusted me enough now that it was like taking a Calculus book from an English major.

The day went by surprisingly fast. Maybe it was because I didn’t pay attention to what the teachers were saying. In any case, after school I headed to the courtyard. I had asked her and her . . . man, oh god how I despise thinking that, to meet me there for a “talk” as I would call it. I got there about ten minutes before the time I asked them to arrive, during such I injected a “suitable” amount of the epinephrine into my body.

3:59 p.m., they finally arrive. I hailed them over, though I did so quickly, as my heart had felt like it wanted to explode ever since I injected the epinephrine into my body. I hid it, though.

“About time you both showed up.,” I greeted them, sarcastically. “I was beginning to wonder what exactly you were doing. Having lots of ‘fun’ are you?”
“Hisao, why did you ask us to meet you here?,” she retorted. “You’ve been acting really weird lately. I’m worried about you.”
“Pfft. He’s just crying that he was too late. What, I guess it right, didn’t I? You’re in love with her and wanted to tell her how you felt, right?,” her repugnant boyfriend added.
“Hisao, is this true!? Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”
“I saw you two together and-”
“And he went back to his room and cried himself to sleep, trying to gather the courage to talk to us both. How sad. If you had just gone up to us then, I wouldn’t have been so irrespective of you, but come on.,” the boyfriend, again, added.
“You are wrong. While I did retreat when I saw you both, it was to gather my thoughts. I did not cry, if anything I merely gained anger. But I learned something from that. I learned that without control, life is nothing but a Japanese RPG, you can not control the story. So I must thank you.”
“Hisao, I’m so sorry about this. Please, just ignore him and talk to me, alone. I promise we can work this out without any one of us getting hurt worse.”

The boyfriend grinned at that statement. I hated him. I truly did. Throughout my life, I had been a horrible person to nearly everyone I met. But that was because I was afraid of trusting anyone. Truthfully, I liked most of the people I met, but I drove them away due to my own lack of control.

My life finally changed when I met her, though. Was I really in love, however? Maybe I was only so attached to her because she had taught me to trust some people. Reviewing over the past, that is more than likely the reason. But it did not matter now.

I kneeled down as if to tie my shoe, and unearthed the “object” that was hiding in my sock: a knife.

“H-Hisao, what are you doing? Please, don’t-”

I quickly jumped forward towards her associate and overpowered him. I put him into a simple lock so that he could not move. The epinephrine I injected probably added to why I did so easily. The pain was still there, though.

“Normally I wouldn’t do this. Wait, never mind. Normally, I would do this.”

I do not remember how many times I slashed him, but I kept sure to not hit any vital organs. I wanted him to stay alive. That did not keep me from having fun, though. Ears? Who needs those. A nose? Nah. Fingers? Eh. Toes? Of course not. Reproductive organs? Hehe, well . . . . Of course, I made sure not to cut too deep, I did not want him to die from blood loss.

I was amazed at how she did nothing to try and stop me. She did call the police though, and anyone else around. By some sheer coincidence, the police came in mere minutes. Apparently they were already near the area. Must be the school.

I head the police arriving, though, and quickly grabbed her as a hostage.
“FREEZE! DROP YOUR WEAPON NOW AND RELEASE THE HOSTAGE OR WE WILL FIRE UPON YOU!”
“Hehe, this is truly a glorious day. Tell me, what have I done wrong that was not deserved?”
“DROP YOUR WEAPON NOW AND RELEASE THE HOSTAGE OR WE WILL FIRE UPON YOU!”
I should have realized that talking to policemen is pointless. Oh well.
“Sure, I will release her, but I want some candy first.”

During that instant that I spoke, I used what was left of my still excited body to quickly release her. I took my knife and stabbed myself in my heart.

“HISAO!”

She still screams my name after I stab myself? How odd. I kill her lover and act like I am going to kill her, yet she still screams my name. Granted, it might just be because she wanted to be released from my hold, but her tone of voice certainly did not sound that way.

I lay there looking up at the person I thought I loved. I only loved what she represented, heh. They say that your past flashes before your eyes before you die, but I saw something different. I saw a woman crying over me screaming for me to stay alive. I felt a tear come to my eye. The first time in ages.

I felt my body slowly weakening, wondering why I was still conscious. More than likely the cause of the epinephrine. Damn, that was a good idea to steal that. Though I knew death was near. A final thought filled my mind as my face continued to be soaked from tears. Today, I killed someone. I killed the heart of the only person to truly love me. I hate irony.
"Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think."

"A character who lets their heart or libido lead them is not rational and thus prone to temptation."

"Common sense is not so common."

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway. "
Elroy

Re: Humanity

Post by Elroy »

Wow! Thanks for the heads up, you didn't disappoint at all! Extremely well done, and in such little time.
Allaulten

Post by Allaulten »

Elroy wrote:Wow! Thanks for the heads up, you didn't disappoint at all! Extremely well done, and in such little time.
Thanks for the kind words. To be honest, I thought a lot of people would hate this story. But, eh, so far it seems okay.

"A character who lets their heart or libido lead them is not rational and thus prone to temptation."

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway. "
Elroy

Post by Elroy »

Allaulten wrote:
Elroy wrote:Wow! Thanks for the heads up, you didn't disappoint at all! Extremely well done, and in such little time.
Thanks for the kind words. To be honest, I thought a lot of people would hate this story. But, eh, so far it seems okay.
Haha, I'm not that squeamish (hence my previous story) and it doesn't bug me much to see that happen. If it were a story about Emi being eaten by sharks or something, I might object, but even though I love the little guy (Hisao reminds me of myself to a scary degree) what can I say? He's expendable :D
Escalator

Post by Escalator »

I don't know about you guys, but I don't remember Hisao being this much of an asshole/psychotic murderer in the game.
Allaulten

Post by Allaulten »

Escalator wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I don't remember Hisao being this much of an asshole/psychotic murderer in the game.
I chose a different approach; if the story was just a rewrite of the game, it would not be very interesting.

Besides, it is fun to write about the "dark" side of a character.

JamiroquaiAlien

Post by JamiroquaiAlien »

There is writing about the dark side of a character, and then there is creating a psychopath and giving him the same name as an existing character. I believe this falls into the latter.

Not much into this yandere shit, anyway.
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

Heh it was really good and funny and you wanna know about something that is original? you should google KS because I think its really original
Helsinki

Post by Helsinki »

Holy hell.
This whole thing blew my mind.
I love this kind of stuff, it reminds me of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
I was also listening to the Higurashi soundtrack whist reading this.
"One who chases after two hares won't catch even one.".
"Ni usagi wo ou mono wa ichi usagi wo mo ezu."