Hide and Seek

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Xuan

Hide and Seek

Post by Xuan »

((First attempt, I've neglected too long my writing though, it feels like kindergarden all over again.))

It was a nice day. A clear blue sky painted above the glorious private school for special students above Hisao Nakai’s head with the sun shining brightly with burning arrogance. The fluffy clouds lazed by; they would have looked nicer though if he weren’t so busy.

He checked the empty hallway once more cautiously before slipping out of the front door like a ninja. Not that he would be less visible under the full blast of holy light, in fact he stood out so much even the dead would notice, but there was nobody. Therefore he nodded to no one and raced across the park of grass, all the while praying the success of outwitting his deadly nemesis, assuming his weak heart didn’t die on him first. Quick glances were thrown 360 degrees constantly as his feet continued to run full force towards his focus and target without stray, a clear indication of the improvement he had made within a short span of two months. His weakened mind was finally strong enough to bare its true colors as various paths, tricks, what-ifs and then-scenarios swirled around his head like a golden ring, a step and another handpicked and laid carefully with his mind’s eye.

The plan was forming, the plan was complete, plan B is underway. Soon, not even a rocket launcher could blow a hole into his well sewn war strategy. The large green canopy is within sight now as he dared himself to slow to a brisk walk, and all the sudden his mind began to slip out of focus. A nagging thought poked behind his head.

What am I even doing?

Far too late for regrets, Hisao quickly closed the distance between tree and man until the huge, wrinkly trunk stood majestically before him. Yes, this was the place he was searching for. This would serve perfectly as a hiding spot from that dreaded queen of suffer and despair, a beautiful and enchanting fairy tale reality his hectic boss would never be able to find. Hands stretching, he gripped on to a hold tightly and began to pull himself upwards. There would be a huge branch that he could sit on and rest later, so even as his worn out muscles began to scream he continued his climb like a monkey.

Hisao was highly pleased with himself. Sure, it took him two full months to realize in order to defeat her in her own game, he had to play outside her game, like water against fire and peace against chaos. It’s like a scrabble of words that doesn’t exist and to write them as if they existed you have to make them exist first and think because think has no form but words have form. The weird thought lingered a second longer before thrown into the passing wind, though the beginnings of a frown stubbornly remained. Rin was rubbing off him really hard lately, he must be more careful in the future.

One step. Then another. His feet were merely a metre off ground before a cold chill pierced through his heart and froze his insides. He never would’ve thought that it was possible to have a heart attack with frozen organs, but there was no mistake. No doubt. He didn’t even need to look back to sense that ominous, sinister, dark presence with eyes of laser going ‘pew pew’ all over him. A tired sigh escaped his lips as Hisao accepted his fate with tears in his eyes and slipped back to the soft, moist ground. He turned around and stared at the smiling god of war in defeat. If he wasn’t so numb with annoyance with her mischievous hand strokes his knees would have given in.

To the end, the biggest weakness of his so-called plan was simply one word, one name. Shizune. No matter how elaborative, how sneaky, how many bluffs he attempted to pull that single name easily bested them with the ease of blowing dust. Understandably the dude was exasperated: Can he never beat this cunning girl? He couldn’t even take her down in this stupid little Hide-And-Seek! And it was barely over fifteen minutes since they’ve started! Ugghhh!

Hisao suddenly realized his own childishness. Never did he think that he had a side so embarrassing residing within the shambles of his mind. Regaining his usual composure, he gave a slight shrug and smiled ruefully, working his hands slightly but clearly to indicate that he had lost even if he didn’t know any sign languages. She happily pushed her spectacles up and thrust forwards with a victory smile on her beautiful face, all the while signing to what Hisao sees as, “I’ve won! I’ve won! I’ve won!”

A gentle smile sprang across his face, one so felt in his heart that he couldn’t help it when he saw Shizune’s childish cuteness. As he started walking to pass by Shizune towards the student council since he lost the bet, he noticed that Shizune’s face had turned bright red with a stunned expression, looking as if her heart had been pierced by an arrow. As quickly as it came though, the unusual face he saw faded away and she scowled and pushed Hisao forwards, giving him no time to think of what he just saw. Not understanding, he relented another shrug and moved on, nodding his head at Shizune and shaking his hands like he was hammering an invisible board. Okay okay, I’ll do the work!

From behind, the girl who was deaf gazed almost longingly at the walking figure, and she waved small strokes to herself with a whisper of words in her mind.

You lost, kiss me.

Suddenly eager to follow, she ran towards Hisao with a lighter heart than ever before.

Inside the second floor men’s bathroom, a certain pink haired girl shouted at the top of her lungs with completely no regards to the finger pointing students around her, “Hisao! There is no escape! Come out now! Wahahahaha!”

A shitting teacher Muto buried his head into his arms and prayed to dear God that Misha would leave before his ear drums explode.
Last edited by Xuan on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
trekki859

Re: Hide and Seek

Post by trekki859 »

intersting i like it youd think tho after two mounths of being freinds with shizune haiso know a little sign laungage.. tis all good tho i like it... when can we expect anouther cahpter? or was it a one-shot you didnt spesify
in the wise words of Jack O'neill ..."what?"
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Oh it's a one shot, I haven't written for a while so I still need tuning a little here and there.

Hisao wasn't looking when she signed that secret love. At first I was planning to have Shizune do that in front of Hisao... Somehow my story grew legs of its own.
trekki859

Post by trekki859 »

ah ic ic i wish he woulda seen it id like to see his reaction ... hopefully it doesint invoulve his heart stoping eh?
in the wise words of Jack O'neill ..."what?"
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Poor Muto...I can only imagine his pain.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

lol nice.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

I can actually see that last part happening. It's brilliant. :lol:

This is pretty good overall, too. I enjoyed it quite a bit, anyway. It may be a little too 'mushy' for my liking but that isn't your fault.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Thanks. It's nice to write girls love boys sometimes, you know?

Perhaps I should put 'Mikado' instead of 'Misha' since Mr.Muto never calls her that name... yet.