'What's The Story, Morning Glory?' (new shit as of 8/11)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

ccdr

'What's The Story, Morning Glory?' (new shit as of 8/11)

Post by ccdr »

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE THE WRITING ABILITY OF A FOUR YEAR OLD. THANK YOU COOK FOR EDITING MY TERRIBLE TERRIBLE GRAMMAR. I LOVE YOU FOREVER, EXCEPT NOT IN A GAY KIND OF WAY. MAYBE WE COULD JUST HANG OUT ON THE WEEKENDS OR SOMETHING, MAYBE WATCH THE GAME OR WHATEVER. WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

Tags: nosex hanako badend longreadnopayoff abstractbullshit ithinkthisguyhasasmokingfetish

There is a place, slightly to the north of a quiet town. It is a quiet sort of glade, well surrounded by the kind of persistent greenery you only find on mountains and the floor of the Aokigahara. It is nigh impossible to get to in any kind of vehicle, thus making it unworn and unvisited. There, if one looks hard enough, one can find an orderly path, kept clear of leaves and blossoms by some unseen force. This path leads to a hill, a rather large one. On the top of this hill sits a reminder. A cold stone reminder of what could have been. A representation of a person gone from this world, nothing more, nothing less.

Sets of feet on the soft earth. A woman with long hair blowing unrestrained in the wind starts down the path, accompanied by two poker faced suits. She is obviously a proud woman, but she walks with her head downwards, searching the earth as if the sky shamed her. There is absolute silence, the kind of quiet that not even birds dare break.

There is nothing but peace and the sound of feet, for awhile. And then they reach the reminder.

There is a pause.

One of the suits coughs lightly and straightens his tie, clearly not at ease. "Ma'am, remember you have an appointment at eleven today." There is another pause, and the woman nods dully, leaning down to sit a bundle of flowers on the reminder. The other suit looks at the nervous one in disgust.

"W-Well, if you'll excuse me." He turns and leaves more hurriedly then he came. The second man sighs, and reaching into his jacket pocket, pulls out a flask while approaching the grave. While he slowly takes a pull from it, tears slide down the woman's face, silently reaching the ground.

The man finishes his drink, looks thoughtful for a minute, then screws the cap of the flask back on. He puts it back in the jacket pocket and pauses for a second, before he reaches out and grips the woman's shoulder, giving it a affirming squeeze and turning to leave. He gets no more then a few steps before a whisper comes to his ears.

"Kenji. Thank you."

He smiles without turning around, and continues walking.

There is a pause. Longer then all the rest. Stasis seems to overcome the tiny hill and the figure upon it.

At last, after what seems like an eternity, the woman reaches out and slowly moves her finger along the indentations carved on the stone.

"Well, here we are," she whispers. Her tears have stopped. "I miss you, you know. Mari misses you. She's almost three now. She has your smarts, you know. She asked for her daddy the other day and I didn't know what to say." A pause, A mental dusting off. "I'm sorry. I know this wasn't your fault. "

She stands after a few more minutes of quiet recollection, staring downwards at the cold reminder. "I love you. I always will. Thank you." The words are at once practiced and solemn, like a farewell: she has to do this. She does it for her daughter. She has to let go, so she won't be crippled, drowned in her sorrow. She reaches up and brushes her long dark hair out of her scarred face.

She leaves, this time with her head held high.

HERE LIES NAKAI HISAO
"Requiescat in pace"
Last edited by ccdr on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:09 am, edited 7 times in total.
She heard mermaids, so it follows that something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I have an everlasting cold, but luckily I’m terribly dishonest. I cling to that.
<NicolArmarfi> so yeah speed grapher was bad
<NicolArmarfi> damn i only watched it because i thought that it was about a mathematician
<NicolArmarfi> who graphs things incredibly fast
ccdr

Re: bawwww

Post by ccdr »

Joke ending

HERE LIES NAKAI HISAO
"He did them all"
She heard mermaids, so it follows that something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I have an everlasting cold, but luckily I’m terribly dishonest. I cling to that.
<NicolArmarfi> damn i only watched it because i thought that it was about a mathematician
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

withdrawn
Last edited by Vertical on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine me and you...
ccdr

Post by ccdr »

withdrawn lol
Last edited by ccdr on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Vertical wrote:
ccdr wrote:scat
Pormanteau?
WAT.
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

The phrase "Requiescat in pace" typically occurs on headstones, usually abbreviated "RIP" or "R.I.P.".

derp
Juno

Post by Juno »

Also it's Latin, so I don't get the portmanteau comment.
PS. To be a bit on-topic, bawwww indeed.
Deimos

Re: "On That Hill"

Post by Deimos »

Short and nice although I think the whole "moving on"-thingy at the end was a little bit too generic. I would have preferred an ending like Akira has in Tsukihime but this is still good.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
flurk

Post by flurk »

why would kenji consort with the enemy?
ccdr

Post by ccdr »

flurk wrote:why would kenji consort with the enemy?
Kenji is a true bro and true bros overcome even their worst fears for their bros
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

ccdr wrote:
Kenji is a true bro and true bros overcome even their worst fears for their bros
There is nothing more bro than a pull of whiskey and a firm clasp on the shoulder.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Though you could have tried to combine some sentences and save the awkwardness of a few too many periods, I thoroughly bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwd~.

A short, poignant sucker-punch to the gut; just the way I like it. Props to you!

AND DUDE, I DON'T LIKE DUDES LIKE THAT, DUDE.

DUDE.
ccdr wrote:
When a bro is no mo', his bro will look out for his ho.

... It's a work in progress.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Ozymil wrote:When a bro is no mo', his bro will look out for his ho.
I believe that maxim was first codified by the HeBros.
The Laughing Man

Post by The Laughing Man »

Holy shit. BAWWWW. Very well written.

Kenji is a BRO. To the end.

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

You're gonna carry that weight...
WAHAHAHA I AM USING THE INTERNET
ccdr

Post by ccdr »

Anyway, I originally intended for this to be much, much longer detailing the death of Hisao, and even a little funeral scene. I kinda wanted to write about Kenji and Hanako's changes in personality, maybe even have Kenji beat a dude up or something. I have bits of paragraphs saved in a txt file here and maybe one day I'll write the complete things.

I'm terribly sorry about my stop and go writing style, I'm trying to fix that.

I'm working on an Iwanako POV thing, so maybe look foreward to that?

All glory to Silentcook-toad as always