10th July, 1990

WORDS WORDS WORDS
User avatar
Synoptic
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 11:48 am
Location: Sibiu - Romania

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by Synoptic » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:24 pm

NicolArmarfi wrote:crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Now you can finaly get to do that.
She's legal, thus no more people looking at you like you're a lolicon-father. (Lucky Star's Konata's father for example :D )

lol

PS: Nice "time capsule" letter. :]
"...!"

DuaneMoody
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by DuaneMoody » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Happy birthday, Nosechild.

-abscess

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by -abscess » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Aw man... Now I'll have to search for others of crud's threads and read them. Good job.

User avatar
K_Amelia
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:24 am

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by K_Amelia » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:22 am

T_T

Beautiful.
(")(^.^)(")Katie

User avatar
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:08 am
Contact:

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by Pimmy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:57 pm

Of all the fanfics that I choose to finally read..

BAWWW. (QAQ)

fanatic
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by fanatic » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:12 pm

congratulations crud you made everyone here cry ;_;

User avatar
Ozymil
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:14 am
Location: yes

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by Ozymil » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Must... not... cr-

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH ;_;

Absolutely poignant and beautiful, crud.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!

Loki
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 am

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by Loki » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:55 am

The three stages when I first saw this thread, and then read it. Nice bit of writing crud. :cry:
Attachments
1242681924460b.jpg
1242681924460b.jpg (138.3 KiB) Viewed 2390 times

User avatar
SirMax
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:42 pm
Location: MANLY LAND, HOME OF WHISKEY

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by SirMax » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:00 pm

I personally didn't find it as sob-inducing as everyone else seems to have. I'm not saying I didn't find it effective, just that for me it felt more touching than depressing. Even knowing that he wasn't going to live to see her 20th birthday it seems more like a positive thing than a sad one.

With that said, it was very touching.
Image

User avatar
Deimos
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: A Throne In Hell

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by Deimos » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:08 pm

SirMax wrote:I personally didn't find it as sob-inducing as everyone else seems to have. I'm not saying I didn't find it effective, just that for me it felt more touching than depressing. Even knowing that he wasn't going to live to see her 20th birthday it seems more like a positive thing than a sad one.

With that said, it was very touching.
Although I am not one of the people whose waterworks where flooding - I found this piece of writing only positive in its tone and not in what it implied.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.

User avatar
Out of the Loop
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by Out of the Loop » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:05 am

I liked it, Crud. Keep on writing, I love your scrawlings so far.

Fun With Heroin
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by Fun With Heroin » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:38 am

Happy... Belated birthday... Hanako...

Image

Loki
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 am

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by Loki » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:51 pm

Deimos wrote:
SirMax wrote:I personally didn't find it as sob-inducing as everyone else seems to have. I'm not saying I didn't find it effective, just that for me it felt more touching than depressing. Even knowing that he wasn't going to live to see her 20th birthday it seems more like a positive thing than a sad one.

With that said, it was very touching.
Although I am not one of the people whose waterworks where flooding - I found this piece of writing only positive in its tone and not in what it implied.
That's why it made me blubber: so happy and positive, and as it gets more and more sentimental, the knowledge that neither parent (and odds are, the letter) will never be seen by her when she's 20.

User avatar
U.T. Raptor
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 am

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by U.T. Raptor » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:50 pm

Loki wrote:That's why it made me blubber: so happy and positive, and as it gets more and more sentimental, the knowledge that neither parent (and odds are, the letter) will never be seen by her when she's 20.
iirc, Hanako's mother is still alive as far as we know.

User avatar
Deimos
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: A Throne In Hell

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by Deimos » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Loki wrote: That's why it made me blubber: so happy and positive, and as it gets more and more sentimental, the knowledge that neither parent (and odds are, the letter) will never be seen by her when she's 20.
The implications I mentioned were the reactions of Hanako reading the letter as I imagine them. Losing a parent at a young age can be hearbreaking. However if the (half-) orphan would get such a letter he/she would not only be reminded that he/she lost a parent but rather that a whole human being with it's own wishes and hopes for the future was lost to the world.

I imagine the sudden reminder of a life without her father to be emotionally hard for Hanako but if she would be able to realise that not only her future was destroyed but also the innocent and touching wishes of her father, she would probably be weeping uncontrollably.
It takes two halves to completely break something apart and the epiphany of not one but two equally valuable shattered pieces can crush a person.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.

Post Reply