10th July, 1990

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Synoptic

Re: 10th July, 1990

Post by Synoptic »

NicolArmarfi wrote:crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Now you can finaly get to do that.
She's legal, thus no more people looking at you like you're a lolicon-father. (Lucky Star's Konata's father for example :D )

lol

PS: Nice "time capsule" letter. :]
"...!"
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Happy birthday, Nosechild.
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Aw man... Now I'll have to search for others of crud's threads and read them. Good job.
K_Amelia

Post by K_Amelia »

T_T

Beautiful.
(")(^.^)(")Katie
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Of all the fanfics that I choose to finally read..

BAWWW. (QAQ)
fanatic

Post by fanatic »

congratulations crud you made everyone here cry ;_;
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Must... not... cr-

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH ;_;

Absolutely poignant and beautiful, crud.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Loki

Post by Loki »

The three stages when I first saw this thread, and then read it. Nice bit of writing crud. :cry:
Attachments
1242681924460b.jpg
1242681924460b.jpg (138.3 KiB) Viewed 6269 times
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I personally didn't find it as sob-inducing as everyone else seems to have. I'm not saying I didn't find it effective, just that for me it felt more touching than depressing. Even knowing that he wasn't going to live to see her 20th birthday it seems more like a positive thing than a sad one.

With that said, it was very touching.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

SirMax wrote:I personally didn't find it as sob-inducing as everyone else seems to have. I'm not saying I didn't find it effective, just that for me it felt more touching than depressing. Even knowing that he wasn't going to live to see her 20th birthday it seems more like a positive thing than a sad one.

Although I am not one of the people whose waterworks where flooding - I found this piece of writing only positive in its tone and not in what it implied.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Out of the Loop

Post by Out of the Loop »

I liked it, Crud. Keep on writing, I love your scrawlings so far.
Fun With Heroin

Post by Fun With Heroin »

Happy... Belated birthday... Hanako...

Loki

Post by Loki »

Deimos wrote:
SirMax wrote:I personally didn't find it as sob-inducing as everyone else seems to have. I'm not saying I didn't find it effective, just that for me it felt more touching than depressing. Even knowing that he wasn't going to live to see her 20th birthday it seems more like a positive thing than a sad one.

Although I am not one of the people whose waterworks where flooding - I found this piece of writing only positive in its tone and not in what it implied.
That's why it made me blubber: so happy and positive, and as it gets more and more sentimental, the knowledge that neither parent (and odds are, the letter) will never be seen by her when she's 20.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Loki wrote:That's why it made me blubber: so happy and positive, and as it gets more and more sentimental, the knowledge that neither parent (and odds are, the letter) will never be seen by her when she's 20.
iirc, Hanako's mother is still alive as far as we know.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Loki wrote: That's why it made me blubber: so happy and positive, and as it gets more and more sentimental, the knowledge that neither parent (and odds are, the letter) will never be seen by her when she's 20.
The implications I mentioned were the reactions of Hanako reading the letter as I imagine them. Losing a parent at a young age can be hearbreaking. However if the (half-) orphan would get such a letter he/she would not only be reminded that he/she lost a parent but rather that a whole human being with it's own wishes and hopes for the future was lost to the world.

I imagine the sudden reminder of a life without her father to be emotionally hard for Hanako but if she would be able to realise that not only her future was destroyed but also the innocent and touching wishes of her father, she would probably be weeping uncontrollably.
It takes two halves to completely break something apart and the epiphany of not one but two equally valuable shattered pieces can crush a person.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.