Shiina 2

WORDS WORDS WORDS

LordDarknus

Shiina 2

Post by LordDarknus »

I slowly walk down the hallway; sorrow echoing with every step I take.

It's late... the girls' dorm is quiet... so, I gently knock on Lilly's door.

"Yes? Who is it?" Lilly asks from inside.

I imagine telling her, but I don't hear myself say my name. I can't find my voice.

After a moment or so, Lilly comes and opens her door.

I look up at her, and though she can't see me, she starts to frown sadly, but she gently asks:

"Shiina? Is that you?"

I nod. And I realise that she can't see me nod. I force myself to say yes... but I can only mumble, and almost cry...

Warm blobs of tears rise up with the cold sadness inside me. I whimper, as I tell Lilly...

"Shicchan... hates me..."

Lilly looks surprised, and then... she looks sad and tired. She raises her hand, and gently pulls me into her room.

"Come in, Shiina. Tell me everything."

I tell Lilly what happened, I tell her how I confessed to Shicchan, and how Shicchan rejected me. I cry when I say that Shicchan didn't love me.

Lilly comes beside me, and holds me in her arms, and I press my face into her shoulder, and let all of my bright memories escape as tears and sobs.

I cry in Lilly's embrace, feeling her hold me steady, or I might crack and break from the pain in my heart.

Suddenly, Lilly hears a very soft knock on the door. She asks, "Who is it?"

No one answers from the other side.

Lilly kindly pats me, and I slowly let go of her.

I wipe away the tears on my cheeks as she gets up, and goes to the door.

I turn to look, and to my surprise, it's Hanako... standing there, looking very worried about me.

"Hello... Sorry, did I disturb you?" I ask with a smile.

Hanako quickly shakes her head.

"Oh... did you want to talk to Lilly, then?"

Hanako shakes her head again, and slowly starts to leave.

"Would you like to come in?" Lilly asks her kindly. "I have some tea we could share."

Hanako stops, wondering what to say. She looks terrified, but she also seems very afraid to just run away.

"It's still warm," Lilly says kindly. "And I'm sure Shiina would feel much better if you would stay for a little while."

I meet Hanako's gaze, and smile as I nod. "Lilly boils too much sometimes, and when we can't finish all of it, she keeps the rest in a thermos."

Hanako nods very slowly, and she seems to force herself to take a step forwards... and carefully come inside Lilly's room.

Lilly closes the door, and goes to fetch a cup for Hanako.

Hanako simply stares, watching how Lilly easily pours the tea without spilling a drop.

Then, Lilly comes to Hanako, tapping her cane much more gently than usual, and offers her the warm, fragrant cup.

Hanako carefully takes her cup of tea from Lilly's hands. She almost says "Thank you", but she doesn't... she just nods, very timidly.

Lilly sits down beside us, a little closer to me than Hanako, and she starts talking. At first about Shicchan. Then... about me. And then... about herself.

Lilly keeps talking, speaking so softly in her kind and beautiful voice, and throughout the night, Hanako listens quietly, never saying a single word...

I've stopped going to the Student Council room for a while now. Instead, I meet with Lilly in a spare classroom after school.

Sometimes she isn't there... and I just hide in the room and do my homework. No one comes to bother me.

When Lilly is there, I spend time talking to her, and drinking tea, too.

Sometimes, Hanako comes by... and she even joins us for lunch once in a while, but she is always quiet, and never interrupts me and Lilly when we talk.

It's always nice when it's just the three of us... just talking... just being friends...

The world outside seems so far away from us...

Shicchan keeps going out of her way to talk to me. She keeps finding ways to stop me and make me sign something to her.

But I don't want to. I don't know what to say to her. I don't know why she keeps trying.

[What do you want from me?] I sign to her, angrily.

She would often just look surprised... taken aback, whenever I got angry, and just leave me alone.

But... more and more, she would instead sign back to me:

[Can we just talk?]

[No! Go away!] I could tell her, but she wouldn't stop trying.

[Why are you so angry with me?]

[Because I hate you! I hate you! And I never want to talk to you again!]

I cry whenever I sign things like that to Shicchan. I would just run away before I could see her reply.

I would run, before all the other students could see my tears.

I don't want them to know Shicchan hurt me.

I don't want to feel hurt anymore.

Lilly says that I should tell Shicchan how I feel, that I should let her know just how much pain her rejection has caused me.

"If you can't say it to her directly, you could try putting it all down in a letter?"

I don't want to do that either. I just want to forget everything. Shicchan doesn't love me back, and I can never stop loving her.

It hurts whenever I remember how I feel deep inside.

Lilly says that it's best to express all of my feelings, rather than run away from the problem. It would be better if I could help Shicchan understand why I can't talk to her without feeling hurt.

I only want to hide and forget. To never think about any of it again.

But Shicchan won't stop bothering me.

So... I do what Lilly says, and angrily start to write down... everything.

Slowly at first...

Then, quickly...

Then... all of it.

All the pain, all the sorrow... the unbearable loneliness Shicchan has condemned me to.

I write page after page, pouring out my feelings into loud words.

I scream in my head every time I remember how happy she made me felt.

I let all of it out, wiping away the tears as I come to the end, where I wish her happiness with whomever she falls in love with, and all that I want is to be left alone.

I give Shicchan my letter. I wait for her as she intently reads every page.

When she's finished, she looks up at me... surprised... and saddened.

I sign to her, [Goodbye, Shicchan.]

She shakes her head, then as her sadness turns into frustration, she comes up to me.

With a wave, she throws up all the pages I wrote into the air, letting my words fall like rustling leaves.

[ I am your friend ] she signs to me.

[ I will always be your friend, no matter what. ]

[ Even if you hate me, I will never stop trying to cheer you up. ]

[ I will always try to make you smile again. ]

[ Because that is what best friends do. ]

She throws herself at me, and holds me tight. She refuses to let me go.

I try to push her away, starting to cry as I do.

But then, Shicchan only holds on to me tighter...

I cry, gasping as I remember how much I truly love Shicchan. I cry... with all my heart.

And then I laugh, realising how silly Shicchan is acting, and that she would never hug anyone like this.

I laugh and cry, wishing she would never, ever, let me go.

"Wa~hahaha~!"
brythain

Re: Shiina 2

Post by brythain »

There's a lot of emotional content there, usefully filling a gap in the KS timeline. It's good.

However, I thought it was heading yandere-wise. I thought you were going to title it 'The Shiinaing 2'. ;)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, that was surprisingly not like your usual stories...
It was really good... Not that your usual stories aren't good - just an acquired taste :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
LordDarknus

Long hair and no curls makes Shiina a dull girl. Long hair and no curls makes Shiina a dull girl. Long hair and no curls

Post by LordDarknus »

brythain wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:00 pm There's a lot of emotional content there, usefully filling a gap in the KS timeline. It's good.

However, I thought it was heading yandere-wise. I thought you were going to title it 'The Shiinaing 2'. ;)
Wow, Thanks, brythain! I did try to fit everything "correctly" into the cannon.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_Inc.

Only thing I didn't end up fitting in was Shiina's name and hair transformation. I mean, maybe she actually watches a Hannibal Lecter movie or something...

https://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?t=489 ... 75#p220951

But hey, can you imagine if the first time she "drilled", she didn't cut her waist-length hair?

Source: https://danganronpa.fandom.com/wiki/Cel ... te_Gallery

Yandere? "The Shiinaing 2"? Hmm.... "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, and Jill a rich widow."

Source:

Source: https://www.someecards.com/usercards/vi ... =workplace

Mirage_GSM wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:13 am Well, that was surprisingly not like your usual stories...
It was really good... Not that your usual stories aren't good - just an acquired taste :-)
Umm, Wow, Thanks, Mirage_GSM!

"Acquired taste"? You mean... like... seafood?
https://particularpantry.com/gordon-ramsay-masterclass-review/ wrote:Seafood is a polarizing ingredient. People seem to either love it or hate it. Even those who love it the most will be quick to shun it if it is prepared less than perfectly.
Hanako Fancopter

Post by Hanako Fancopter »

I don't understand why this particular incident doesn't get more fics, but this one is a pretty competent take on it. Now I'm just left wondering what "Shiina 1" was...
An Unusual Friendship (Misha x Hanako Route)
Riposte (Rika Mini-Route)
One-Shots Thread (Random Smut/Meme Stories)
WeaselDaddy

Post by WeaselDaddy »

Huh. This was a very interesting take on this particular event, which, as has already been mentioned, really doesn't get explored a lot in fan fiction and the like. It was kind of upsetting, a bit too real, and almost a bit unsettling at the end in a way that ties into established stuff really nicely. Props, this was a really enjoyable read.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

More like Natto... :lol:

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
LordDarknus

"Don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep 'Cause I'd miss you baby And I don't want to miss a thing"

Post by LordDarknus »

Hanako Fancopter wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:01 pm I don't understand why this particular incident doesn't get more fics, but this one is a pretty competent take on it. Now I'm just left wondering what "Shiina 1" was...
I don't really know why either, but Thanks, Hanako Fancopter.

Shiina 1 was basically that Armageddon movie, but with Bruce Willis finding a magical pink wig that gave him uncanny drilling powers, which he had to learn and master to use against a giant meteor made of chocolate to save the Earth.

https://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9409

WeaselDaddy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:14 am Huh. This was a very interesting take on this particular event, which, as has already been mentioned, really doesn't get explored a lot in fan fiction and the like. It was kind of upsetting, a bit too real, and almost a bit unsettling at the end in a way that ties into established stuff really nicely. Props, this was a really enjoyable read.
You know, I have a feeling there's at least one fan-fic that's already done something like this, but it's buried somewhere deep in the forums...

Sorry if it was too upsetting or unsettling, or "too real" a bit... I did try to make sure it fits into the canon, though I might be misremembering some details or another, like the year when Lilly moved into the dorms, or when Hanako first met her, and such.

Thanks for reading it and posting your reply, WeaselDaddy.

Mirage_GSM wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:02 am
More like Natto... :lol:
That's kinda... Natto nice thing to say.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, that's kind of what "acquired taste" means - there are a lot of people who like it, but it is not for everyone.
And that is referring to your old stories. This one is a lot more easily digestible.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
LordDarknus

That was Natto good pun

Post by LordDarknus »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 am Well, that's kind of what "acquired taste" means - there are a lot of people who like it, but it is not for everyone.
And that is referring to your old stories. This one is a lot more easily digestible.
Yeah, I know, I was just making a silly pun that I thought was kinda brilliant.

And Thanks again.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

That was a nice, short, but emotionally powerful story.

I honestly don't think I have ever read a story that covers these events as they occur. Usually they're just mentioned as having happened in the past, if they're mentioned at all.

The fact that Misha went to Lilly for help is an interesting idea and one that I really wouldn't have thought of. I also really enjoyed Shizune's reaction to it. It seems like her heart is in the right place, but that she never quite gets it.
Not Dead Yet
LordDarknus

Lilly vs Shizune: Dawn of Misha #BatPride

Post by LordDarknus »

Oddball wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:48 pm That was a nice, short, but emotionally powerful story.

I honestly don't think I have ever read a story that covers these events as they occur. Usually they're just mentioned as having happened in the past, if they're mentioned at all.

The fact that Misha went to Lilly for help is an interesting idea and one that I really wouldn't have thought of. I also really enjoyed Shizune's reaction to it. It seems like her heart is in the right place, but that she never quite gets it.

Wow, Thanks, Oddball!

I think Sweet Voice was the closest one, but I keep thinking there was one (not from a dev, I think) that focused on Misha / Shiina a lot, and detailed her relationship with Shizune, though I could be mistaken.

What, why not? Lilly, Shizune and Shiina were on the Student Council together, and in that photograph Akira showed Hisao, and there wasn't anyone else mentioned, so... yeah, I just thought Lilly would've been Shiina's closest friend at the time.

Yeah, Shizune has a rather childish and stubborn personality, doesn't she? I even have two ideas as to why she transferred from the deaf / partially-deaf class to the "special cases" class (it's what I think the Third Class is, ask a Dev to prove me right / wrong).

The first one: she wanted all three members of the Student Council together in the same class, because she's immature and she thinks it's more efficient, maybe. And somehow, the teachers let her. Why? Well, I dunno, I tried the idea that she asked her jerk dad to make a huge donation only for the good PR and tax deductions, maybe? Something like furusato nozei? Which started in 2008? Heck, maybe Jigoro's donation even inspired the thing? Why not? It's fanfiction, anything goes. You can ask a Japanese lawyer / businessman how likely that would be.

But of course Shizune's transfer likely pissed Lilly off, I think, because it would mean Shiina would constantly have to translate the teachers for Shizune during lessons. And Shizune herself would be pissed off because Lilly would certainly not use her wealth to transfer to a class less well-equipped / less-suited for a blind student, and Shizune felt it was a reluctance to contribute to the Student Council's efficiency. And that would've been the last straw before Lilly quit the Council. ... Maybe. ... Ask a dev.

The second idea I had is that Shizune transferred after the events of this fic, and her primary reason was to be closer to Shiina and, I dunno, be her idea of a best friend to Shiina I guess. Maybe she told the teachers about Shiina's confession and convinced them to allow it? Again, ask a dev, if you must know what the real reason was. Or if Shizune was ever in the deaf class in the first year to begin with.

I like my first idea, but then I'd have to explain some economics and the Japanese obsession with giving presents back and forth. It would've tied nicely with why I thought Lilly wanted to celebrate Hanako's birthday, even though the Japanese typically don't really have birthday parties like in the West; it'd be an excuse for Lilly to give Hanako a present, and ensnare Hanako in the never-ending cycle of giving gifts in return for gifts received. Oh... but little did Lilly suspect that Hanako wouldn't give a single gift in return for Lilly's first doll because she knew Lilly's cunning plan, and decided to just say "Thanks".

"Ha, didn't see that coming, did you?" Hanako would think to herself. "Oh, wait... shouldn't have said "see"... that was insensitive of me," she'd add, to herself, regretfully.

Yeah, I didn't want to explain why Hanako didn't give Hisao a present in return for his chess set / doll, even though in Japan you'd expect something like that. ... Ask the devs. I'm not a weeaboo. Get off my case.