A HUGE LILLY ROUTE COMPILATION OF FANFICTIONS

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Kris1998

A HUGE LILLY ROUTE COMPILATION OF FANFICTIONS

Post by Kris1998 »

THIS IS MY COMPILATION OF A BUNCH OF ANONYMOUS AND FAMOUS AUTHORS FANFICS LIKE FLUFFNCRUNCH (MOSTLY) PROPERLY SYNCHRONIZED WITH EACH OTHER AS A WHOLE STORY RIGHT AFTER THE END OF THE GOOD ENDING OF LILLY ROUTE. LINK FOR THE FILE MENTIONED FOR DOWNLOAD:
-snip-
brythain

Re: A HUGE LILLY ROUTE COMPILATION OF FANFICTIONS

Post by brythain »

Okay, there's a major problem right there. You've combined a lot of other people's work without attribution. This isn't a good idea, and it's a bit disrespectful to the people whose works you've compiled.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

That's significantly beyond "a bit" disrespectful. Doubly so if, as you seem to imply, you have actually performed editing work to make the whole thing fit your idea of writing flow.

Link removed. Either you credit properly every author and individually ask them for permission to do what you did (and the moment any of them complains to me, your stuff is gone again), or you carry your work elsewhere.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Arodyrok

Post by Arodyrok »

I remember you. You posted this on the subreddit about a month ago. From what I remember it wasn't received well there, and for good reason.

First of all, you fail to credit the authors whos work you have copied and pasted into your google drive. "Mostly FluffandCrunch" is not a proper way to credit the various authors you pulled from. You didn't even spell FluffandCrunchs username right so you failed to credit even him. If I recall correctly, you also changed the titles of many pieces for some reason or another, making it even harder to source the work.

I fail to think of any platform where an authors username isn't present. These forums, FF.net, AO3, Reddit, and Discord all have usernames plain as day. The only platform that I could see being hard to source is 4chan. I know a good bit of fiction from 4chan gets posted to pastebin and sometimes it is posted anonymously, but even with that possibility, you should source your work. You may of spent hours compiling all these fictions, but they are not your ideas. None of your creativity went into this.

Lets take a step back. Lets ignore the fact that you have pasted and posted other peoples creations without crediting them, and posted other peoples work on a forum meant for people to post fictions that they create themselves. If we discount all of that, there are still issues with this.

The biggest issue (other than what I've already posted) is that these fictions were created as separate entities and pay no mind to each other. Your compiled story is going to be full of plot-holes and contradictions. I cannot see how these would flow and make sense. I didn't take the time to read your compilation, so I could be totally wrong about this. I doubt it though.

All in all, you should try to credit the creator every single time you post something of theirs. Sometimes it's hard, especially with artwork, but there is little excuse here. If I had written a piece in this compilation, I would be very frustrated with you.

Edit: Seems like I was just a few moments late.