An Iwanako Route: Broadcast

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Flatman&Ribbon

An Iwanako Route: Broadcast

Post by Flatman&Ribbon »

Hi everyone! I've been reading the forum for a couple of years now and decided to write my own story, though I don't expect it'll be any good or compare to the likes of lots of the stuff here. Seriously, you're all such incredibly talented writers.
(Also I actually started writing mid 2016 and joined in August but life got in the way so that's beside the point).

This route/story is quite different in how it starts. I won't give anything away but I expect a fair few "But that's not how that works!" comments. While I understand that it's inaccurate, it's merely the method I have for launching into and presenting my story. Please bear with.

So, without further ado, I present my first ever piece of fan fiction outside of something I wrote about The Wind Rises for English assessments years ago. I hope you enjoy:

Prologue: Signal Loss

The boy wakes up.

He's been asleep far longer than he should have, but he doesn't know that yet. All he's aware of are his surroundings, which have changed somewhat since he was last awake: he's in a stark white room, in a bed with rails half way down either side. He can't see much because he's still lying down, and his body feels like lead, but he knows that things are different to what he last knew.

He certainly didn't have this mask fitted to him last time either.

Last time...?

A flood of memories come back to him in a second, crashing through his mind like a tsunami. A streak of blonde hair through a crowd, a mad sprint from a car through a crowded scene. A young girl telling him where he needed to go. Wait, that girl was a boy wasn't h-

Lilly.

The boy's thoughts suddenly come to a halt, now unable to focus on anything other than the name. A name he was sure he knew, but could not quite grasp the reason for yet.

Of course there had been a last time. It was how he had met her in the first place.

More thoughts come back to him now. A sunset in a golden field, holding the girl he loved tight to his chest. A tea party, several in fact, enjoyed with Lilly and another, dark haired girl. Her name eludes him for the moment, but it doesn't matter. All his thoughts are on Lilly.

Why was he chasing after her again?

A night shared together in the bath. Another spent blindfolded, following the sound of her voice. A motherly smile, clouded eyes, a familial feud, the unfamiliar look of anger on her face when a scarf wearing boy crash-

She was leaving.

It's all returned to him now. The streak he was chasing was Lilly, and she was leaving the country for Scotland. Forever. He had gone after her in the dead of night, hoping against hope that he could reach her in time. He had sprinted through the airport, chasing the 2 blonde heads as they moved steadily on.

Why hadn't he been able to catch them?

Another look at his surroundings gave him an answer.

He tries to curse his heart for giving up on him, but his mouth is too dry to speak. He lifts his head up to look down the bed, praying inside for the impossibility that she had heard him, that she had stayed after all and would now be with him forever.

She isn't there. No angel sitting at the end of the bed. No happy ending for this young man.

His head flops back onto the increasingly uncomfortable bed. He misses the pillow, but he doesn't care. He's too tired and angry at himself to do anything about it now.

The boy drifts into a fitful rest, and dreams of his wasted efforts.

He missed something whilst looking around, but it's probably for the best at this point. You couldn't really blame him of course, it's unlikely that he'd have been able to read the date on the calendar across the room after all.

February 22nd, 2007.
brythain

Re: An Iwanako Route: Broadcast

Post by brythain »

Ha, he dreamt it all!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

If the entire thing was a dream so far... well, it's an original start. There's not enough of it to really have that much of an opinion yet.
Not Dead Yet
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well... Original in the way that everything is quite irrrelevant.
This start is not any different than if the story had directly set in during "Bundle of His" - except for leading the readers on during the prologue, which worked very well :-)
As such it's probably the best and most plausible way to start off an Iwanako route though, so best of luck to our new writer.
Oh and a belated welcome to the forums!
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.