Fading Memories

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Fading Memories

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'll read them once you've caught up.
One recommendation from me would be to repost them from here instead of replacing the earlier posts. Will be very confusing for someone coming late to the party to figure out what people are talking about...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I'll read them once you've caught up.
One recommendation from me would be to repost them from here instead of replacing the earlier posts. Will be very confusing for someone coming late to the party to figure out what people are talking about...
Ahh sorry, I'll do that next time lol.
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Chapter 3 repost;

As I wake up to an alarm beeping, I punch the alarm. I let out a yelp of pain. Dammit, maybe Mr. Nakai could fix my clock after this? Aggh, I'm too tired for this. What day is it again? I peek at the calendar I had set up. Oh, It's Sunday. I have nothing to do, and I don't wanna stay here either. Hmm, I could explore the school. After all, I need to know where everything is to get there in time.

---------------------------------------------------------

This school is sorta plain. I mean, other than the Nakai's and a few other teachers, nobody is really awake at 10:00. I look off to the corner. Huh, another room. This one looks small and abandoned. I peer in, only to be surprised when I find the same people I did group work with. Sara is asleep, but the sun on her face makes her look particularly beautiful. And Aki looks positively stunning. Speaking of which, I didn't remember she wore glasses? Ahh well. "Yo!" I yell, startling the two girls.

'whatttyawanntttt?' Sara replies. She drinks from the Thermos again. Pausing to take a breath, she responds. "Sorry, I'm a bit tired." She then looks at me, realizing who it is. "Oh hey! Sato is here!"

Aki visibly cringes, looking like a deer in the headlights. Now that I've given some thought, I have figured that she might have an anxiety problem. Best not to scare her.

"S-so it seems."

Is it just me, or do I see her tapping on the table? Wait, she's stopped. Huh, are those rituals? It would explain a lot. "So what do you guys... do here?"

Sara gives a booming laugh. "We were just hanging out here. Aki sure takes a shine to this place! We often play games together here, but I have never beaten Aki!"

Aki's eyes give off a competitive glare, almost daring me to play. Go is a simple game for me, why not?

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have made many mistakes I regret. This is one of them. I went into this game way too cocky, and paid the price. She smirks at me from the other side.

"Now, now, we don't have much time for another game. You are getting hungry, are you?" A growl escapes my stomach, and Aki deadpans. Sara laughs again. "There is a cafe we go to a lot. Mind walking there with us?"

"Sure, why not?" I respond.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Are we there yet?"

"Oh, don't start this, Sato!"

"Fine."

We walk across the city, which feels somewhat familiar. Maybe I was a city kid before I lost my memory. We reach a little cafe. It's evident that this cafe is older than the buildings around it, but it seems almost welcoming. We walk in, and sit ourselves at the table. The server comes by, and we tell her our orders.

"So how's this school treating you?" Sara asked.

I shrug. "I've been tryung to get my bearings. I ran into some of the other girls as well."

"So you are a ladies man, eh?" I blush madly, and she notices. "Ha, just kidding Sato."

As we continued to talk, we got our sandwiches and tea.

Huh, these taste pretty good. And my company isn't so bad either.

At the end of dinner, I get handed a paper crane by Aki. Why do I have a head-Acck!

"Brother! I can't do this!"
"C'mon sis, I'll show you how to do it.
The kid folded the other girl a origami crane.
"Thank you brother!'

Arrgggghhhhh. Was that one of my memories? I look around. Aki is almost perturbed, while Sara has been asking: "Are you OK?"

I take my hand off my forehead, and resopnd. "I'm good." I need to choose my next words carefully.

- Tell them about my condition
- Don't tell them about my condition

I decide to go for it. Honesty is what counts for much, right? "I... have a sorta memory thing. Disassociative fugue. Sorry to scare you, Aki. I really liked your gift."

She blushes and stammers, then mumbles something. I hear numbers in there. This must be one of her rituals then.

As we pay and walk back, we walk in the night. It's a pleasant night, and it goes by uneventfully. As we reach the dorms, I realise that since it is late night, that I need to get sleep. Oh well, I'll give the counselor a courtesy visit Monday to explain.

I say my goodbyes to the two, and walk into my room. I do my usual routines, and then lay down on the bed.

Who am I? What is my purpose in life? What do I need to do from here on?
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Aww carp. I replaced Aki's POV chapter on accident.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Suzaku wrote:Aww carp. I replaced Aki's POV chapter on accident.
What carp are you talking about? Seems fishy. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

I'm used to a forum where carp is the fill in for certain words... Clever joke. :lol:
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Chapter 3 Updated:

"Brother! I'll race you home!"

As the two kids ran through a grass field, the sun continues to set behind them. Soon, they both approach a house, with the boy clearly outrunning the girl.

"No fair Sato, you always win!"

"Suck it up! Dinner is ready."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeez, that dream was... Am I regaining bits of who I am? If that was me, I was a huge jerk. I rise, look at my mirror, and determine that I need to shave. Damn! I forgot to get supplies! I need to find someone who knows where I can get them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Nakai is an unorthodox teacher, to be honest. Even though we are in the stereotypical white classroom, his lessons are more interesting than any books I've read, that's for sure. He's practical, and to the point. He teaches Physics, and has a shine in his eyes as he teaches. As the bell rings, I realise that Ayaka is coming towards me. I remember the student council issue from the first day. What should I do?

-Leave the class
-Stay behind
-Talk to Azumi

I notice Azumi in the corner, and nod to Mr. Nakai. He says: "Oh, Ayaka. I have some student council duties for you and your freind."

She pouts, and Mr. Nakai winks at me.

"...Hello." I speak up.

She looks up, her eyes looking like a startled deer. I know I may have made a wrong move here. I pick up a book and sit near her. She glances at me a few times, and I meet her glare once. Stammering, she stands up. "Igottagobye!" she stammers, and runs off. Weird. I wonder why she is so pent up? With her DID it should make sense, but... I shrug, and leave the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argghhh. I'm famished. I decide to look for the girls again. I enter the familiar room after getting my lunch, but realize one of the inhabitants is different. Azumi mist have fled to here from class. How odd. Does she know Sara?

Sara then looks up. "Hello Sato!" She smiles. "You've met Azumi here, right? Aki isn't here, the 4th of the month is an... unlucky day for her."

Azumi sheepishly waves from the corner.

I decide to sit down, and speak up. "I have." I then change my focus to Azumi. "So you like books, right? What kind of books?"

"...I like some classic literature..."

Sara smiles. "I've known Azumi here for a while. I met her when she ended up here in a daze!" She laughs, clearly happy.

Azumi then bolts up, repeating the incident in class, but this time clutching her head.

"What's...." I notice Sara's mood has rapidly changed.

"She has a violent personality, but she dosen't want her to hurt anybody. So she isolates herself. I just want to help her, Sato, but every time I try, she pushes me away. Sara is similar to her. None of them will open up. I just want to help them. What use am I if I cannot?"

I hold up a hand, and help her out of her seat as the bell rings. "I will try my best to help you."

"Thank you, Sato."

----------------------------------------------------------------

As our teacher for the next class walk in, I can't help but stare. She's tall and blonde, with a black bow in her hair. [Wait... A cane? She's blind!?

She speaks up. "Hello, class, I am your English teacher." She pauses and chuckles. "Most of you have probably already noticed that I am blind. I'm still a competent teacher, don't worry. Now our lesson is..."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Nakai walks up to me after class. "Mr. Nakai and Mrs. Nakai have told me about you. If you need anything, I am also able to give it." She notices that I am tapping a pencil, and chuckles. "You have no need to be nervous around me, you know."

"That class was haaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrddddd, right, Satochaaaaannn?"

Both me and the teacher flinch. I have to come up with an excuse fast! "Umm, I think I'm going to the counselor now." I dash out before they respond.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"You had an 'episode' yesterday, did you not?" Mrs. Nakai sharply questions me.

"Yes."

"Tell me what happened." She's almost angry with me, but mainly concerned. I don't know what to think of this.

"Aki made me a crane, and I then remembered a time I did the same for my sister."

She smiles again. "Nothing threatening then?"

"Nope."

"Good. That means you are clearing up normally. Now for our therapy, I will use a... different approach. Games. We will talk during these games, about things that are troubling you."

"How will those work?"

"Well, I wasn't exactly the same way I am now."

"How so?"

"Let's just say these scars really did not help." Shit. I must have hit a nerve. "You seem to stare at them quite a bit, actually."

I turn beet red, and she chuckles.

"Anyways, me and my husband agree that some form of traumatic event caused your memory loss. This seems to also have caused you to become a bit withdrawn, am I right?"

I nod. "I just hope I don't flashback in the middle of an awkward moment."

She chuckles again, then brings out a Go board.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hang my head in defeat, as I realize there was literally no way I could have won.

"You'll get better soon enough." She then checks her watch. "Ulp, lost track of the time. You should get back to the dorms."

I stumble out, and walk through the darkness of the dorms. The area is the same wooded area, but in the darkening sky it looks almost creepy.

I gwt to my dorms, and finally ponder. Who am I, really? And why is everyone so eager to help!? All the teachers do!

Frustrated with my own identity crisis, I put on my normal blue nightgown, and go to sleep.
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Well, I WAS posting the next chapter, but now I have to rewrite it as the forum logged me off unawares and erased it. :|

Rewriting chapters is SO much fun.....
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I'd suggest writting them in some form of text or word document on your computer so you can save every once in a while. Then post when you're done.
Not Dead Yet
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Oddball wrote:I'd suggest writting them in some form of text or word document on your computer so you can save every once in a while. Then post when you're done.
Fair point...
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Oddball wrote:I'd suggest writting them in some form of text or word document on your computer so you can save every once in a while. Then post when you're done.
On this, I would recommend a good text editor, like "notepad++" (free) or "ultraedit" (paid) over word. Whenever working with text documents -- like forum posts -- it is easier to get the results your going after without the program trying to "help" you.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Chapter 4 Revised:

Urrrgh." Why am I never ready for the morning? A alarm rings, and I slam my fist against it. Aww crap. I broke it. Nakai is going to be pissed. I look across my dorm. This place is pretty boring, what with the shade of white. I haven't been able to decorate it, to be honest. I go through my usual preparations, with a shower for good measure. I really need to get those toiletries. Dammit! I don’t know where to get them! I then check my watch:

7:10 AM

Ok, that gives me enough time for breakfast. Early bird gets the worm, they say. I head down, trying not to get lost. I approach the cafeteria, and I see Sara eating quite a bit. She waves in my direction. After waiting in a line and getting my food, I sit next to her.

"Sato! Over here!" She stifles a huge yawn. "Darn it, I hate insomnia." She chugged down the usual mug of coffee.

I sit, and start eating. Sara looks terrible. Her terrible state is an almost comical contrast to the fact that she is eating with gusto. I’m wondering whether she has a black hole inside of her. I’m about to comment on this, but I decide against it. I rather value my life, thank you brain.

“So, have you considered joining any clubs? Me and Aki aren’t in any, but we figured you might be interested.”

“Well, the class president got on my rear end about the student council.” I snort, almost derisively.

“Setzuko? She’s always been a strict one. I can’t be around her much, but from what I have seen she tries to be a genuine person.”

I neglect to tell her about the blunt fashion the girl approached me in, but I figure she knows about that too.

She speaks up again. “Aki told me to tell you that she appreciates the new friend, by the way.”

That reminds me to ask.

“Why does Aki hate the number 4?”

“She hasn’t told me. It seems, however, that she associates it with death.”

This is weird. They’ve been friends this long, but they keep such big secrets from eah other? I need to get to the bottom of this and help Aki.

I then breach my question. “Since this is a one class day, could you guys tell me where I can shop for necessities?”

She giggles, and says. “Don’t worry. Me and Sara can accompany you there. It’s only a 15 minute walk to town. Meet us at the gate after getting lunch.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh, Mr. Nakai's class. He seems to be quite a passionate teacher for his own subject. Too bad he seems to a complete cheeseball, and I wonder how he even landed Mrs. Nakai.

“Oh, by the way. We have our class festival this week. Try to have fun, but don’t overdo it!”

A class festival? That should be fun. Wonder what I’ll do?

In the middle of the lesson, I hear something loud and distant, getting closer. It sounds an awful lot like:

"~HIIIICCCCHHHAAAANNNNN!~"

Mr. Nakai goes pale white, and is frozen to the spot.

A woman with pink hair tackles him, and pulls him into a hug. He goes an almost impossible shade of blue.

“…gakk…stop…choking…mee”

“Oh sorry Hicchan!”

He speaks after regaining his composure. "Misha! I have to teach a class! You could have at least knocked."

I take note of the incredibly endearing nickname she has for our teacher. I fully intend to use this against him at one point. The girl, despite being Nakai's age, has the energy of a cannonball.

"Ahem. Sorry class, this is a freind of mine, Mrs. Mikado. She teaches at an American school for the deaf."

Neat. Were all of Nakai's freinds this crazy? I only know three so far, but I get the impression he had a lot to deal with.

Nakai tries to get the class back to order, but the bell rings, and he gives up.

--------------------------------------------------------

I walk towards the gate. Where are the two? I then notice them standing off to the side. I wave them down, and we start walking.

I speak first. “Aki, you alright?”

“Y-yes.” She blushes heavily.

Sara speaks up. “Setzuko actually came up to me earlier. She bet on your condition. Lost 1000 yen to her.” She grumbles.

Wait… they bet on my condition?

“Wait. Why!?”

She giggles. “It’s my way of bonding with her. Each of us has our own ways of living, and each of us interacts in different ways. We find ways around our disabilities. Remember
that, Sato."

We get to town in 15 minutes. The hustle and bustle is apparent, and there are skyscrapers in the area. I don't like how crowded this city is, and neither does, Aki, from the looks
of it. We walk for a bit more, until we get to a store.

"Here it is, Sato. Meet with us at the counter when you are done."
----------------------------------------------------
After getting the necessities for a guy, and my supplies, I meet them. I dig out my money, that I get from the government monthly. Not a big sum, but enough so that I can live. Oh well, at least until they find my family.

"Sato, you sure you don't need anything else?"

"What can I say? I'm a minimalist."

"S-so am I." Sara's admission caught me off guard. I look through her purchases. She bought spices? I'd love to try her cooking, but it would be rude if I mentioned it.

As we walk back, we get the imagery of a beautiful sunset. It is as red as a blazing fire, and it appears stunning in its beauty. Man, when did I become a poet?

"I-I-t's nice to be here. Watching the sunset with you two, I mean."

Wait. She's usually not this open. I guess it's nice that she sees me as a friend.

We get back to the dorms, and the two girls depart. However, Aki whispers something in my ear that takes me by surprise.

"M-meet me outside the dorms. T-tomorrow, I mean. I-I want to show you something."

Well....... I wonder what it is?
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Ok, I am in a writing club now, and they showed interest in what I had So basically, I have been given some motivation to continue this story but I will rewrite it. Thank you