OC short threads

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Heartbrokenman

OC short threads

Post by Heartbrokenman »

I'm back after a long while of being away with my passion of writing back again. Although I'm not perfect nor amazing I hope yo enjoy this one shot OC thread. All these stories will be based around an OC character everyone being different. Feedback is always welcome enjoy!

Number 1 – Night sky

I arise with a start trying to breathe in as much air as I can, yet I struggle with every attempt. I lean over the side of my bed trying to calm down sweat dripping down my forehead. My hands feel cold as I pull on my bed sheets. I sigh, it's been the third time this week. I run my hand through my dark hair then proceed to wipe the sweat off my head. I lean back on my bed until my back collides with the ice cold wall which is a nice contrast compared to my sweaty back. My body proceeds to become heavier and heavier, like little weights are tugging on my muscles. I close my eyes and try to focus on my muscle weakness something I'm starting to get used to. I let out an annoyed grunt as I weakly make my way to my drawers, I pull open the top drawer with all my might, which only makes the drawer come out half way. Painkillers. I pop open the lid and proceed to consume two white pills. It take me several attempts to try and swallow my meds. I slam my fists on the desk as the pills finally make their way down. I continue to breath heavily much to my annoyance trying to recuperate myself. Slowly but surly my body returns to its normal condition. My bed sheets below me now damp with sweat. I lift myself off my bed not wanting to stay in my little pity puddle and make my way to my wardrobe. I grab a pair of blue jeans and a black T-shirt and swing them on followed by my black jacket. Clearly sleep will be evading me so I might as well do something. I pull my second drawer open from my desk and grab my pack of Hope cigarettes and my phone. For a guy who has sleep apnoea I really shouldn't smoke so much. I shrug of the thought and continue to leave my bedroom.

As I leave my room I turn back to lock my door. I suddenly realise that security might be out this late. I quickly check my phone. 1:00am. Darn. Although it's this late that security might of left? Never the less no man shall get between me and a smoke. As I approach the exit to the boys dormitory I notice two men one with a white coat walk towards the girls dormitory, clearly they must be the security. I sneak my way to the main exit questioning why I have to sneak in my own home. Probably for the safety of others as well as the obvious boundaries of sexes. I make my way to the gate and let out a sigh in relief. I can only imagine the punishment given to those being truant at this time. Then again they may just send you to your room. I decide not to test my fate and continue to pull a cig from my pack. I proceed to put the item towards my mouth dangling it between my lips. I pull out my green disposable lighter from my pocket and proceed to burn the end of the cigarette. I proceed to take a short drag before I start choking the smoke being stuck in my throat. Clearly my throat haven't completely relaxed yet. I continue this way until my body is used to the inhalation allowing me to take normal drags. As I feel the nicotine enter my body I start to become more relaxed.

I love the way Yamaku looks at night. The dim lights around the grounds the only things illuminating the night. It's early summer so the flowers around the gardens are starting to come alive allowing the gardens to look more pleasant. A small gust of wind blows from the right and I'm thankful to have the slightly cold breeze blow on my face. I smile. The weakness and pain seem to have vanished yet I'm too awake to find myself back on my dawn. I lean against the wall beside me and proceed to take another drag this one much larger then the others. I blow the smoke out in one long exhale watching the smoke leave my mouth before it is no longer visible. Another breeze makes its way across my face like a smooth cold caress. With one last drag I flick away my cigarette watching the ember disperse as it collides with the ground. I smirk impressed by the distance of my flick. It's strange to see the energy of the school grind to a peaceful halt at night. To know that at day the school has students passing through halls and classrooms to them all resting their heads at night. Well all except one being me. I realise down to my late night tobacco use I probably will struggle to rise the next morning. Not that I mind, my condition being a common excuse for abandonment from class. Eventually the year will come to an end and so will my time being here. Moving on from a school isn't an easy step or wheel, but one everyone must do. I take a mental note to start looking into further education. Although for the time being that can wait. I close my eyes allowing the night to overcome me. It's a peaceful presence to have and one I frequently see myself saying hello to. Not that I'm saying it's the best. But for how bad my condition is at least it allows me moments like this.

Half an hour passes and I'm starting to find my enjoyment declining however I'm not at all ready to find myself in a deep slumber. I could see what Miki’s doing? My thought is slowly diminished as I remember she's having her “girls night” with the sleeping princess Suzu. I think about the two, Miki being the confident one always leading with enough energy for two people. And then there's Suzu. I don't know how she does it but the girl makes me weak at the knees. Or is that my condition? Or a mixture of the two? I shrug off the thought. I remember the first day meeting the two. I was alone eating by myself in the cafeteria; that was until Miki slammed her lunch down in front of me with a “hi dude,” with Suzu weakly following her. From there our friendship grew and grew, nowadays it's very rare not to see the three of us together. I smile at the thought of our friendship.

I pull out another cigarette and begin to light it until I hear a creaking from the gate beside me. I jump with a halt expecting security to give me a long lecture followed by dragging me back to my dorm. However to my surprise it's a girl, she's slightly smaller than myself with light silver hair which ends in a braid neatly resting on her shoulder. Her eyes however a crimson red, a strange colour. I nod my head in her direction as a greeting as I take a drag. She nods back and leans on the wall the other side to mine and proceeds to try to light her own cigarette. After a couple of attempts she huffs and gives up and looks in my direction.

“Could I please borrow your lighter.” She asks with an emotionless expression. I nod and proceed to hand her my green lighter. Within seconds she lights her cig, takes a drag and passes me back the lighter. “My names Katayama by the way, Rika Katayama." She bluntly says facing me.

I bow. “Mori, Sota.” She smiles at my answer.

“So Mori what's your story?” I raise an eyebrow at her sudden question in confusion. She smirks. “Why are you here at Yamaku?”

I smirk. “PPS or post-polio syndrome.”
Last edited by Heartbrokenman on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirage_GSM

Re: OC short threads

Post by Mirage_GSM »

First of all I suggest you find yourself a proofreader. Punctuation, grammar and formatting could all use some work.

So, will those be one shots based on different characters or different one shots based on the same character? Because the story so far is less of a one shot but more of a character introduction. It feels like it's supposed to continue from there.

Not that I'm a big fan of that version of Rika...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Heartbrokenman

Re: OC short threads

Post by Heartbrokenman »

Mirage_GSM wrote:First of all I suggest you find yourself a proofreader. Punctuation, grammar and formatting could all use some work.

So, will those be one shots based on different characters or different one shots based on the same character? Because the story so far is less of a one shot but more of a character introduction. It feels like it's supposed to continue from there.

Not that I'm a big fan of that version of Rika...
One shots of the character in Yamaku.
Thanks for the feedback if you know any proofreaders that would be willing to help that would be very helpful!