The Tragic Tale of Iwanako

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Oddball

The Tragic Tale of Iwanako

Post by Oddball »

(Author's note: Seriously, guys. No offense meant. You know I love you all.)

The Tragic Tale of Hanako

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Iwanako sat there in class. She was early, but there were already a few student there before her. It really didn't matter much though. Even when the class was full, she still felt alone.

Alone at best.

When the other students actually paid attention to her it was worse.

“Somebody's not supposed to be here!~” Misha said in a sing song voice.

“What? Misha?” Iwanako looked up. Shizune and Misha were standing by her desk. Misha looked seconds away from breaking out in the giggles, while Shizune stared at Iwanako scornfully.

“What are you doing here?” Misha asked, although it was obvious the words came from Shizune.

“This is... I'm … supposed to be here,” Iwanako said, both flustered and confused.

Shizune sighed before signing to Misha. “You didn't get the rewrites did you? This is a Hanako story now. You're no longer required. Awww. That's too bad. Better luck next time~!” Misha communicated for the two of them.

“But this was supposed to be my story!” Iwanako protested. “Hanako's in almost every story! It's not fair!”

“She's got a tragic backstory! It's really really sad~” Misha said.

“What about my backstory?” Iwanako asked.

“Oh please. You almost killed a boy, then got really depressed about it. You don't see me getting upset whenever I almost kill people, do you? Shiichan! That's really mean!... But I know you don't really mean it,” Misha said with a short laugh at the end.

“I... I could have a tragic backstory. You don't know,” Iwanako said desperately.

“Okay. What do you got?” Misha said for the two of them.

Iwanako gulped. She really didn't expect them to call her on that. “I have a heart condition?”

“I'm sure that's somebody else. Yup. Absolutely positive!~” Misha said.

“Really? I could have sworn I spent a lot of time – never-mind. Okay … umm...” Just great. Iwanako thought. She had to come up with something and it had to be quick. “I... umm... was a drug addict... that was … sold as a sex slave to … the predator?” she said desperately grasping for ideas.

“That is the worst backstory every,” Misha said.

“Yeah, well FUCK YOU too! That's a perfectly good backstory!” someone on the corner of the room said before going back to writing on his laptop. Shizune, Misha, and Iwanako both turned to look his direction before silently deciding they didn't want to know.

“In any event, I came out here all this way and I was supposed to star in this story!” Iwanako protested again.

“We can get you a ride home later. In the mean time, you can go hang out with somebody else that isn't that popular, like Emi,” Misha said for Shizune.

Dejected, Iwanako got up from her seat and wandered out of the room.

“Hurry up and get out of here. Hanako will be here any minute and we've got to taunt her until she breaks down and decides to kill herself!” Misha said. It was then she realized exactly what she had said. [Did you ever wonder when she crossed over from just being somewhat insensitive and oblivious to other peoples problems into being outright cartoonishly evil?] Misha asked in sign.

Shizune just shrugged as Hanako walked into the room and sat down in the same place Iwanako had been sitting moments before.

[Hanako's here!] Misha signed excitedly.

[Yes. However it's not the right time to start on her yet] Shizune signed back impatiently. [Let's see who we can focus on in the meantime. Produce the cards.] Misha pulled out a small deck of index cards with various classmates names written on them and shuffled them. It wasn't quite drawing a name from a hat like Shizune wanted, but carrying a hat around with them was to impractical.

[Let's see who we're going to make miserable today!] Shizune signed with excitement before drawing a card. [The card says 'Misha'.]

[Why is my name in this deck?] Misha asked.

[Because you look so adorable when you cry] Shizune signed back.

“I really need new friends,” Misha said out loud.

“Wait, she said I wasn't popular?” Emi said in disbelief.

“Yeah and since you're not in this story, I thought you and I could hang out until they finish doing whatever they're doing,” Iwanako replied.

“Not popular,” she repeated softly. “She's just jealous that nobody liked her story and everybody loved mine,” Emi said with gritted teeth. “I'm, like, everybody's first route! … unless they pick Hanako...”

“So, do you want to do something?” Iwanako asked.

“Look, I'm sorry but I'm a main character and I don't even know who you are, besides I've got a deaf girl to go yell at now,” Emi said. She made a motion like she was rolling up her sleeves, but since she was wearing short sleeves the whole thing just looked ridiculous.

“I was very important to the plot, you know,” Iwanako said.

“So was Nomiya. That doesn't mean anybody likes the guy,” Emi said as she raced off.

Well, that sucked, Iwanako thought as she stood there alone in the hallway. Not knowing what else to do, she pulled out her phone with a sigh and dialed a number.

“Hello, Mai? It's Iwanako. … Yeah, they wrote me out of the story.... I know I know.... I can't. … I told you, I can't. I'm an important character to the narrative... Do you think you could...? Oh, well, I guess that's okay too. … I doubt I'll see him, but if I do, I'll tell him you said 'hi'...”

Well, that phone call accomplished nothing except giving a namedrop to Mai. It was a shame she couldn't show up. She really didn't get a lot of screen-time either.

“You're probably better off,” a girl I've never seen before says.

“Excuse me?”

“I heard you were written out. You're probably better off that way,” she say. “It's … like, you start off thinking you're doing some kind of dramatic emotional story, or even some humor thing, and next thing you know, you're going down on some weird-o in a scarf.”

“Oookay,” I said, not knowing what else to say.

“Oh, sorry. I'm Ryouko,” the girl said as she removed her thick glasses to wipe them on her shirt. Iwanako returned her greeting and introduced herself by name. “So, I don't think I've seen you around here before. OC?”

“Extended cast. I'm not usually part of the Yamaku assortment,” Iwanako replied.

“That would explain it,” Ryouko said. “But like I said, it's probably for the best.”

“It's not that I don't mind not getting many stories, but then I get a good one and I get written out. That hurts. I just wish I could show them how it feels to be left out sometime,” I said angrily.

“What's that? Is somebody plotting petty revenge? I'm always up for some good petty revenge.” Ryouko and I both turn to see whoever it is that's inserted herself into our conversation. It's Saki. I've heard of her before, but I don't recall us having met.

“Hey, Ryouko. Hello, tragic-backstory girl,” she says with what's more of a quick nod of the head than an actual bow.

“Pleased to meet you, and you can call me Iwanako. I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of being in a story with you before,” Iwanako replied. “I don't get to school much.”

“Maybe briefly. You do look slightly familiar,” Saki said looking me up and down.

“Maybe. If my head was a bit clearer, I might be able to recall. As it is right now, I can't even keep track of whether I'm supposed to be narrating this story or it's supposed to be one of those omniscient narrator things,” I said.

“If you don't mind, could you keep to First person? I never liked those all knowing all seeing things. They make me uncomfortable,” Ryouko says.

“I'll try,” I told her, “but it's, like, I was supposed to be the narrator, then I was written out, but I'm still here, so I don't know how this is supposed to work anymore.”

“Regardless, I really appreciate you trying,” Ryouko said, thankful that no omniscience narrator was going to get in her head and reveal her recurring dream of being chained up naked in the boys dorms and and labeled as a recreational device.

“You okay there? You got the strangest look on your face all of a sudden,” Saki asked.

“Nope. Nothing. Moving on,” Ryouko quick blurted out.

“Back to more important things then,” Saki said. “Do you have any perverted and/or sinister plans yet, or do you need some help with that?”

“I wasn't thinking perverted exactly...” my voice trailed off as I figured exactly how to say what I wanted to. “Just something to show that there's more than just them, the popular kids, I guess.”

“You don't mind me tagging along, do you?” Ryouko asked.

“The more the merrier,” I said.

“Actually, that does give me an idea. Let's see who else we can get in on this,” Saki. “I'm sure there's some other of us poor neglected types that would like to get in on the action.”

“I like the sound of that,” Iwanako said, forgetting again whether or not she was supposed to be narrating this. “There's strength in numbers.”

“Cool, there's a bunch of people I want to try to find. How about you go and find Rika and meet us back in the second floor Day room,” Ryouko says.

“I never liked the term 'day room' I've always preferred to call it a common room,” I say but I'm completely ignored.

“Why does everybody think I'm so close with Rika. I barely even know the girl. Besides, one cult favorite girl is enough for this story I think,” Saki said.

“I'm sorry. I heard you were best friends,” I said back to her.

“I heard you banged each other all the time,” Ryouko added.

“No,” Saki said firmly pointing to me, “and no comment,” she added pointing to Ryouko. “Now I'm off. Let's stick to the plan.” She spun around dramatically to make her exit, but ended up stumbling nearly falling. She barely caught herself in time, and braced herself against the wall. “Change in plan. You help me until my legs stop twitching and then we split up,” she said, trying to put on a confident front and failing miserably. Ryouko and I each took one of her arms and walked her down the hallway.

Coming up the hallway in the opposite direction where two familiar looking girls. Really familiar. I know I'd seen them somewhere before. One of them was a brunette in a wheelchair and the other was a younger looking blonde with twin-tails that put Emi's to shame. I stopped and stared at them and they just stood there waiting for me to speak.

“Okay, I'll bite. Do we know you?” Saki finally broke the silence.

“Yeah, you look really familiar,” I said.

The two girls looked at each other and smiled.

“I'm The Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon,” the blonde said. “With an eyepatch!” she added pointing to the small patch of fabric covering her left eye, “and this is Final Fantasy's Aerith.”

“We're just cameo guest stars,” Aerith said with a slight giggle. “We're only supposed to show up for a scene and leave.”

“Hey, we're going to try to get revenge on the more popular kids. As long as you're here, want top join in?” Ryouko asked.

“Sure. We can tag along,” Sailor Moon said.

“Thanks,” I say giving them a polite bow. “Now did you want me to call you Usagi or Serena?” I asked Sailor Moon.

“Yes,” she said cheerfully.

“We're going to go round up some more people, you wouldn't mind waiting in the common room on this floor would you?” Ryouko asked. Aerith nodded with a smile and went past us to go wait.

“That's a nice start,” I said. Saki took the opportunity to pull away from our grip and took a few shaky steps.

“Alright. I think I'm good now,” she said. “Now let's try actually splitting up this time. We can do more damage that way.”

“Please keep your English pop culture references to a minimum,” Ryouko scolded her.

“Aye, mein Fuehrer,” Saki replied.

“And this is Japan! Speak English like everyone else is doing!” Ryouko said. I looked at her strangely. “You know what I mean,” she added softly and with a bit of embarrassment.

“Oh most honorable Iwanako-san. I have dishonored myself with my brash behavior, please, I beg a thousand pardons for your forgiveness, or else I have brought shame upon my ancestors. I should turn myself over to Sensai Mutou-San for my appropriate punishments,” Saki said.

“Are you going to do this all day?” Ryouko asked.

“Just one more!,” Saki smiled. “あなたはこれが何を意味するか分かりません”

“Do you feel better?”

“Yes.”

“Can we get to the recruiting part now?” I asked them.

“We should probably figure out exactly who we want to recruit for this,” Saki said.

“We haven't even figured out exactly what we're doing yet,” Ryouko said.

“Well, you've got to start somewhere,” Saki said with a smile. “It's your show,” she added nodding towards me.

“I really don't know most of the people around here, so anyone that's not main cast should be fine,” I said with a shrug.

“Can we just make it a girls thing?” Saki asked. I nod in confirmation. “Cool then.”

“Just girls? Ah too bad. Siraki's going to be upset he was left out again. He's still hasn't gotten over how they gave him lines but didn't let him show his face during the festival scene,” Ryouko said.

“Too late. It's just us girls. I already called it,” Saki said with a huge grin before turning and walking away. “Besides that's who people come to see anyway.” I get the impression that if she was able to skip now, she'd do so.

Or maybe she wouldn't. Maybe she's afraid that would ruin her image.

I really don't know her that well.

A short time later, we were standing in font of one of the girls rooms. “We'll start here,” Ryouko said, prompting me to knock.

When the door opened, I had to blink to make sure I was seeing things right. I've seen pale people before, but that was nothing. This girl was white. Completely. Chalk white.

“Hikage, How are things?” Ryouko asked.

“Ehhhh,” she said with a shaking of her hand meant to illustrate that things could be better or worse. “Is that the origin story girl with the funny name?” she asks.

“Yes. I'm Iwanako,” I tell her, and my name isn't funny. It's unique, I add in my head. “How did you know?”

“I try to keep up with everybody. I have a lot of free time,” she smiles at me. “Oh!” she suddenly exclaims and actually jumps slightly. “Did I tell you I've got a cameo role in a story?” she says excitedly to Ryouko.

“Really? Wow. I mean, you've been in less stuff than I have,” Ryouko says in disbelief.

“I know. It's just a small supporting role and I have to dye my hair, but I'm in!” she says happily.

“That's cool, but remember what I warned you about,” Ryouko says, obviously happy for the girl.

“Side characters never survive the zombie apocalypse?” Hikage asked.

“No, but that's as good one to remember,” Ryouko says.

“Look, we're trying to get back at all the popular characters for hogging all the good stories. They kicked me out of one I was supposed to be starring in. Do you want in?” I cut into their conversation.

“Sure. Sounds fun,” Hikage said. Ryouko and I both look at each other. Well, that was easy.

“Meet us in the Day room on the second floor in a little bit. We've got a few more people I want to pick up first,” Ryouko says.

Our next stop is Molly's room. I haven't had much experience with her, but Ryouko tells me she'd totally be up for something like this. We knock and are invited in by a voice that really doesn't sound like Molly. Molly's got a funny accent. I think it's Indian, but I've heard somebody else tell me she's British. I'm not around any of them enough to know either way.

Opening the door, Molly and some other girl seem to be intently staring at the same open book.

“I'm sorry. I didn't know you had company,” Ryouko says.

“It's okay,” Molly says. “Natsume and I were just working on science homework. So, who is your friend?”

“This is Iwanako. Iwanako, this is Natsume and Molly,” Ryouko introduces us.

“Origin girl!” Natsume exclaims with a snap of her fingers. “I've got a bunch of questions for you whenever you've got some time.” I blush a little bit. Is that how people here think of me?

“Maybe later,” Ryouko interrupts. “We were actually looking for Molly. I'm surprised to see you here. Is Naomi around?”

Natsume gives her a sour look. “She's not the only person I hang out it,” she says bitterly. “I do have other friends. I have friends you probably don't even know.”

“It's just you usually don't appear in these things without her,” Ryouko says.

“Well, she's not here,” Natsume said, crossing her arms in front in her in an effort to look tougher.

“I noticed, I just thought it was odd,” Ryouko says apologetically

“Naomi doesn't follow me everywhere. It's not like we're joined at the hip,” Natsume argued.

“Look, Naomi isn't in this story! Can we please just move on!” Molly pleaded.

“Sorry. Sorry. We just wanted to know if you two were doing anything,” I said, desperate to get the conversation back to a friendlier tone, so we could politely discuss our revenge.

“Just home work,” Molly says. Wait. Said. … Crap. Was I narrating this in present tense or past tense? -- Iwanako wondered.

No. Stop that. I'm narrating. I'm just a bit rusty. I don't normally get to do these things.

“So you're free then. Good. I got something you might be interested in,” Ryouko says dragging me back into the story.

“I'm always interested in interesting things,” Natsume says as she adjusts her glasses. Part of the way though her line she realized what she was saying and gave a sheepish look.

“Long story short, we're gathering up a bunch of girls who want to pay back the main cast for stealing all the good stories,” Ryouko says. As she does, Molly loudly slams her book closed.

“I am SO in,” Molly says.

“Oh, god,” Natsume sighs. “You had to go there.”

“What? What's going on?” I ask.

“What's going on is I'm ready for some payback,” Molly says firmly.

“She's still upset they canceled her game,” Natsume explains. I didn't even know Molly had her own game.

“They didn't cancel it. It's … just delayed. They're going to get back to it... eventually,” Molly says somewhat weakly. “In the meantime I'm stuck here. I don't even know what I'm doing in Japan.”

“You can take that as us agreeing to join you,” Natsume says.

“Awesome. Thanks, guys. Now we've got more people to go round up, so let's get going,” Ryouko says. I'm wondering if maybe that should be my line. I'm not quite sure if she's supposed to be my supporting cast or a co-star here. I don't want to hog the spotlight or anything, but this whole thing did start because somebody kicked me out of the spotlight. “So, who do you want to go after next?” she asks me. Oh no. Attention's back on me and I don't know anyone.

“Who else can you think of that's in almost no stories?” I ask. That feels like a safe enough answer.

“I know the perfect person,” Natsume says. “Have you ever met Time Warp-tan?”

“Oh! That's perfect!” Molly says.

Again, I don't know any of these people.

“While I'm thinking about it, let me give you a quick tip. If anybody ever asks you to guest star in somebody else's work, check the script and the fine print. Make sure there's nothing in it about having your legs sawed off,” Molly says.

“That's good advice,” I reply.

A short knock and a short wait for her to answer the door later, and we're inside the room of yet another girl I don't know.

“Hello, Natsume, Molly,” the girl starts to greet us, before looking at me and Ryouko and adding, “um... Misaki and … Pepper Ann? What's going on, why is everyone here?” she asks.

“How are you doing, Time Warp-Tan? We're recruiting a bunch of girls that don't get to be in many stories,” Natsume says. “This is Iwanako and Ryouko. Don't feel bad about not knowing them. They don't get out much.”

“We were hoping that you wanted to join us,” Molly adds.

“Actually, We wanted to get a group together for some... umm … revenge on the popular kids?” I say.

“Cool. Cool. What are you recruiting them for?” She asks. Didn't we just tell her that?

“She's always like that. Give her a few seconds and she'll catch up,” Natsume says.

“Sorry. This is just the way I am. Give me a few seconds and I can usually keep up,” Time Warp-tan says.

We all pause for a second.

“See?” she says with a smile. “Actually, you said you wanted girl that aren't in many stories, right?”

“That's the main idea,” I say. Molly seems to shrink back and look embarrassed. Then we wait a second for her to answer.

“Actually, I'm right in the middle of a big story right now that I get to star in. … Well, maybe not the middle. I have no idea how long this thing is supposed to be. … Come to think of it, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Nothing is really happening. And I have to share the spotlight with two other girls.... it's taking a lot longer than I thought it would,” Time Warp Tan's voice seems to drop a bit lower and her cheerful demeanor shrinks slightly the more she thinks about the story. “And how come this is, like, the only story I get to actually be in? I can think of at least three stories Hitomi gets to be in. Hitomi of all people! That's just crazy!”

“So, we can count on you right?” I ask.

“Granted, Hitomi seems to have a different personality in every story, but still, it's something!” she continues.

“Take it from me, having a fan-agreed-upon personality isn't all it's cracked up to be. I don't get to do cool things like calling people I don't like shitty-fuck-cum-sucking-dyke-balls licker. Apparently that's out of character,” Molly complains.

“You can count on me,” Time Warp Tan says. It's actually the third time she's tried to say it, but each other time, Molly ranted over her.

So, Time Warp Tan joined our group and then we were off, right after she saved the computer game she was working on.

I don't know exactly how many people Saki was picking up, but I knew my group was starting to get big. We were starting to take up the entire hallway as we walked on, so I decided that this was probably enough people and Iwanako decided to meet up with the rest of the group.

No, me! I am meeting the others!

Oh, God, I am horrible with narrating! … everyone else makes this look so easy. I think I might have even missed a time skip back there somewhere. I wish I knew a way to go back and insert one.

Are you allowed to use flashbacks to do that?

[Flash back]

Some time passed …

[End Flashback]

… There. I don't think anyone noticed that. ...

“Hmm... oddly enough, I suddenly realize I have no idea what time of day it is,” Ryouko says casually and to no one in particular.

That's when I feel Hikage shake my shoulder. “New character,” she says pointing to a boy approaching us in the hall. “You're supposed to be reacting to this.”

Oh, right.

A boy I'd never seen before was walking towards our group. He looked like a foreigner.

“Hello, the babies,” he said with a thick accent that was either European or American. I can never tell which. “I am recent here. Do you wish to have day of the week with me and tumble in enjoy? I am erotically attracted to my younger sister,” he said.

Great. It was another one of those types, I thought sarcastically.

“This,” Natsume said pointing to the guy. “This is exactly why you should never assume you can learn a new language in a few months.”

“I'll take care of this,” Molly said. She walked over to him and leaned in a bit too close. “You poor thing,” she said and she gently caressed his face. “You're far from home in a strange land...” she paused, stepped back, and looked him over, “with some minor new slightly inconveniencing disability that doesn't actually impair your life that much...” and then she kicked him hard in the groin with her her prosthetic leg. “And NOBODY wants you here you worthless fuck! You can't tell me that there isn't some other school in whatever country you're from that you wouldn't have to learn a new language to attend! I really wish you people would stop coming around here acting like this place is your own personal cripple harem, you shitty-crap-asshole-dick!”

Molly stepped back again and looked at the guy laying on the floor.

“Way to go, Molly!” Natsume said.

“That felt good,” Molly said with an energetic grin. “Out of character, my ass,” she muttered to herself.

“Let's get going,” Hikage said as she looked down on the boy still twitching on the ground. “I don't see anymore reason to waste time here.”

“Okay, but could somebody walk real close to me in case I fall. I think I jarred my leg lose,” Molly sighed.

After a quick stop to fix Molly's prosthesis, we arrived back at the day room where we agreed to meet Saki and whoever she managed to recruit. Walking in the door, I saw that Saki was just as successful recruiting as we were, maybe more so.

“Glad you could finally make it,” Saki said, as she sat there sprawled on the couch sipping a fruit drink from a can. “We're all waiting for you to take command with your crafty plan.”

“Me? Take charge? I don't even know most of these people,” I say.

“Well, that's an easy enough problem to solve,” Saki says before taking an exceptionally long suck from the straw in her drink. The girl with the old fashioned haircut is Chiharu from the art club... or is her name Yumi?”

“You don't know?” I ask. Confounded that she start recruiting people without knowing their names.

“Would you mind going back and fixing that last bit of narration?” Natsume said to me. “You worded that all weird.”

“It's fine. And you aren't supposed to be able to see my narration anyway!” Iwanako, the new girl, the stranger said to me, Natsume Ooe, desperately trying to assert her dominance when she clearly has --

“Natsue? Iwanako is supposed to be narrating,” Time Warp Tan said.

“Right. Right. Sorry.”

“Let's get back to me telling you who's who,” Saki said.

“Okay. This time could you at least get up and introduce me to these people rather than just pointing?” I say to her.

“I think I can do that,” Saki stood up and clapped her hands loudly. Once she was sure everybody was looking at her she spoke louder than needed. “Everyone, this is our brave and fearless leader Iwanako. She's just as tired of being left out of the good stuff as the rest of us, so she had the bright idea to get us all together and do something about it. Hopefully it's something nasty,” Saki makes a spectacle of introducing me. I just wished I could roll up into a ball and die. “Iwanako, you already know some of these people. Let me introduce you to the rest.”

“The bored looking girl with the buff bod is Sayuri. She's into astrology,” Saki says pointing to one of the girls.

“Yo,” and a slightly raised hand that's not quite a wave is the girl's reply.

“The girl with the scarfs is Monoko.”

“Pleased to make your acquittance,” a tall one breasted girl says trying her hardest to introduce herself without making herself the center of attention. I can relate.

“The girl in costume is Thisby.”

“Incorrect. Thisby is just the name of my character from the play,” the girl says.

“I don't remember a play,” Sayuri whispers to no one in particular.

“Me either. Are you sure she even goes here?” Molly asks.

“Honestly? I've got no clue,” Saki says back.

“I really have nowhere else to go,” the girl says somewhat embarrassedly.

Yes. I'm going with embaressedly. I'm nearly positive it is actually a word.

“And here we have Ikuno, Ritsu, I think that's C.C., I'm not sure, and some girl in a purple wheelchair, which I'm sure is a shout out to somebody,” Saki finishes.

“How come I don't get an introduction?” the purple haired girl I the matching wheelchair asked.

“Hush. The scene's already getting too long and I'm not sure we have permission to use you,” Sayuri told her. “Try to keep to the background and don't make yourself noticeable.”

“Okay. I understand,” purple hair says softly. “Hey! I'm Marika Etou! Nice to meet you everybody!” she shouts out. “Glad to be here!”

“Is this everyone?” I ask. “I was expecting two more cameo guest stars.”

“I'm a cameo guest star,” Ikuno adds.

“Nobody cares, Ikuno,” Ritsu tells her.

“So, I... umm... guess we need to show them all … something,” I stammer. Yeah. Nice inspiring speech, Iwanako.

“What's the plan, boss lady?” Sayuri asks.

“You heard her, we show them we can do better than they can do,” whatever that art room girl was named says. I thank her in my head for coming to the rescue.

“So we just have to think of a bigger better story than anything they've done so far,” I say. There are various mutters of 'hmmm's and 'okay's around the room. “Now think, what kind of story do people really want to see more than any other?”

There are more random mutterings then suddenly somebody shouts out “Natsume? What are you doing?”

Everybody's eyes are drawn to Natsume at the back of the classroom. She's already remover her blouse and was in the process of unsnapping her bra when attention was drawn to her, stopping her dead in her tracks.

“This isn't one of those stories were we're all lesbians is it? No? Just me?” she says sheepishly. Various cries of 'no', 'eww!', and other objections filled the room. “Alright alright. No huge all girl orgy,” Natsume said as she began dressing herself. “Boy, this is embarrassing.”

“Don't worry about it. There's nothing wrong with being gay, or being bisexual, or making your boyfriend dress in women's clothes and pretending he's a girl,” I say. “That's just not the king of story we're going with here.”

“Women's clothes? Pretending he's a girl?... That's more information than I wanted,” Molly says.

“You're going to have to tell me about that one later,” Saki softly adds.

“Let's try this. Everyone write down your best idea for a story, and I'll read them out. That way we can gauge what everybody likes and if it's horrible, nobody is going to get embarrassed about it,” Ryouko announces to the group. I really feel like that's supposed to be my role.

“I really feel like that's supposed to be my role,” I tell her.

“Okay, you can read it,” she says. “Let's just see what kind of ideas we can come up with.”
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Re: The Tragic Tale of Iwanako

Post by brythain »

Bravo! You're on a roll. A rolling stone gathers no moss, but garnishes much praise. I think.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

I really have no idea how to react to this. But I will try.

40 keks
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

This story get a whole stack of Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free-Cards for incorrect tenses and PoV inconsistencies :-)

It's been a while since I read a story with so many laughs per minute...
Too bad there are so many characters I don't remember ever reading about.

And there's even an author getting a cameo role in there ^_^
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Mirage_GSM wrote:This story get a whole stack of Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free-Cards for incorrect tenses and PoV inconsistencies :-)
It'll get worse. :twisted:
Too bad there are so many characters I don't remember ever reading about.
While, I haven't made up a single character here, I'm pretty sure that some of these have never actually been in fanfiction before.
Not Dead Yet
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

I feel like I should recognize more of these characters than I do. I do agree with azumeow though, 40 keks.

I'd also argue that Iwanako and Saki do currently have routes on page 1 :wink:
One Shots - My stories thread.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Okay, I take back ever thinking any of your stories were even slightly generic. Especially this one. It's pretty... Oddball... to say the least 8) I'll see myself out

Anywho, this is possibly the most ridiculous melting-pot of characters and ideas and meta-fiction that I've ever seen, and I'm totally okay with this. I particularly like your take on Saki - she's fun.
Also, is that Sayuri from Kanon, or am I just insane?
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Okay, if you included Fan-Art characters it's no wonder I don't recognize them - I tend to not visit that subforum at all...

Of those six I could place only Thisbe* - though I thought the misspelling might have been intentional - and I read the Secret Santa story, but I wouldn't have placed her name... There are half a dozen fics featuring a character named Sayuri.

*Awesome Blog post and awesome project!
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

...Christ. Hikage? :shock: Where did you dig that up, I'm fairly sure it's something even deader than Misha route ever was.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Silentcook wrote:...Christ. Hikage? :shock: Where did you dig that up, I'm fairly sure it's something even deader than Misha route ever was.
Found her while going through the shimmie.

One picture
in black and white
that is said to actually be in color

That is all I know about whoever she is and what she was supposed to be.

It's just that I love the obscure stuff.
Not Dead Yet
freddy753

Post by freddy753 »

Is it time to start dredging up old concept characters that never made it into the game and start writing stories centered around them?
SolitudeFreak

Post by SolitudeFreak »

That was magical. Thank you.
DrunkWaifu

Post by DrunkWaifu »

"I really need new friends,” Misha said out loud"
:lol:
A very funny read!
Recovering Hanako addict.
http://pastebin.com/ZV0xmAks - The Longest Day of the Year by Mehkanik, give it a try (its very short)
TubaMirum

Post by TubaMirum »

What a lovely little reading experience! I'm with Natsume as far as expectations go, but it seems they're looking for more original input :lol:
Gustav Mahler wrote:If you find you're boring your audience, go slower not faster.