The Fixers - "School Daze" 28-9-15

WORDS WORDS WORDS

AntonSlavik020

Re: The Fixers - "Blossom" 7-9-15

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Only one of those I've seen is Star Wars, but I only lasted a few episodes. I am a big Star Wars fan, but that show just didn't do it for me. I didn't really like the main character(AKA Aladdin, even if Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie).
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Skeeve wrote:Considering just how bubbly she is, I can't hear this Hanako as anyone but Yurika Misumaru's dub voice. Not just Jennifer K. Earhart, but specifically Jennifer K. Earhart doing Yurika doing Hanako.
Wow, now there's an obscure pull... Yeah, I could agree with that. Along the same lines of blue-haired heroines, how about Luci Christian aka Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic?
Mirage_GSM wrote:Of those I've only seen Durarara and there not the English Dub, and from the Japanese Dub I can't even remember what Erika's voice sonds like. (Personality-wise I think she's about as far from Hanako as Lilly is from Celty...
In the English dub, Erika has the kind of bubbly voice I'd want for this Hanako. I love Kari Wahlgreen's Celty but if it makes people feel better, she can always do her Saber voice and sound like a character who LOOKS like Lilly :lol:
AntonSlavik020 wrote:Only one of those I've seen is Star Wars, but I only lasted a few episodes. I am a big Star Wars fan, but that show just didn't do it for me.
I wasn't sold on the kid either but the rest of the cast are pretty fun characters.
Decadent Albatros

Post by Decadent Albatros »

Sharp-O wrote:
Skeeve wrote:Considering just how bubbly she is, I can't hear this Hanako as anyone but Yurika Misumaru's dub voice. Not just Jennifer K. Earhart, but specifically Jennifer K. Earhart doing Yurika doing Hanako.
Wow, now there's an obscure pull... Yeah, I could agree with that. Along the same lines of blue-haired heroines, how about Luci Christian aka Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic?
Do my eyes deceive me? Did someone mention best girl here? :D
Anyway, I agree with ya here her voice would suit her! Now, we only need a harisen here :lol:
Sharp-O

The Fixers - "Knights Errant" 9-9-15

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter 10: Knights Errant

-----Molly-----

“Man, it’s so unfair! I was totally up for a little daring-do today!” Hanako gripes through the comms. “You get cool costumes and everything!”

“Sorry, Miss Ikezawa but Yuuko was quite insistent that you require further training before joining us in the field.” Shin tries his best to reassure the girl but she pouts all the more on our holo-displays. “You can still advise us once we get the lay of the land, so to speak.”

“Here’s the lay of the land; it’s filthy!” Shiina grimaces down at her new leather boots as we trudge up the dirt path towards Yamaku Castle.

This world seems to be going through a bizarre medieval phase, with little touches of the Kamakura period too, though Kenji had to point that out to me. I would have assumed it was borrowing from either the Edo or Sengoku periods but I’m not good with history, Japanese or otherwise.

Yuuko kitted us with spiffy outfits that match the world so we don’t get burned at the stake or something. Nothing too outlandish but we definitely look like we’re part of a role-playing game adventure party. Could go in our favour, I suppose. We reach the large wooden door amidst the large stone brickwork of the outer wall.

“Signing off on visual, Hanako. We’ll still be on audio if either you or Yuuko have some insight.” Shin smiles and Hanako salutes with a wink.

“Okie-dokie! Good luck.”

“So do we knock or what?” Shiina looks around, tapping the large wooden door gently before leaning back against it. “I mean, do we shout over the wall for someone to ansAAAAAAAH!” Her thought is cut off as she tumbles backwards through a smaller door within the larger door itself.

“Um, hullo.” A gruff voice resonates from beneath a clunky metal helmet. “Can I ‘elp you with somethin’.” He offers a hand to Shiina and she takes it, dusting dirt from her clothing.

Yeah, we heard you had a princess to save or whatever.” Shiina grumbles under her breath but, thankfully, Lilly takes charge.

“Would you kindly permit us access to the castle, good sir? We are here on business of the utmost urgency.” Her voice takes on a soft and almost regal tone and the guard seems taken aback.

“S-sorry, m’lady! Of course, please!” He quickly opens the door wider and ushers us in. Once out of ear shot, Shiina turns to Lilly with a smirk.

“Are you secretly royalty, Lills?”

“Bleh, hell no. I hate talking like that. Like I’m some upper-class snob… But given who we’re about to meet, he could have mistaken me for her highness so maybe I should wait out here?” She offers and Shin nods.

“Excellent idea, Miss Satou! You and I shall gain some intel from the good people of the castle while Miss Kapur, Miss Mikado and Mr Setou have an audience with the real monarchy.”

“Sounds like a plan. We’ll catch you guys in a bit!” I give a thumbs up as they split off from our trio and approach the immaculate castle itself. As opposed to the utilitarian grounds just inside the protective wall, the Yamaku Castle is picturesque, with verdant grounds all around it.

“This is amazing…”

“I bet Molly feels right at home here.” Shiina snarks and I glare at her.

“The only castles I’ve ever seen like this are in films, Shiina. We kinda have a castle in my hometown but it’s more like three broken walls and part of an old-ass mansion than a proper castle…” I say, reminiscing about several school trips I took to Ashby Castle in my primary school days.

We enter a grand meeting hall, filled with tall stone pillars and fine regalia adorning the apertures between them. As we stand off to the side, I pick up part of the heated argument between a green-clad noble with a yellow scarf and the king and queen, sitting atop their thrones.

“… Shall not acquiesce to the demands of a treacherous witch!” The king declares, much to the dismay of the noble.

“But my king, please, we cannot simply allow Lady Misha to rot away in that tower forever!” He pleads and the king’s face drops.

“I know you care a great deal for her safety, Lord Kenji, but you know as well as I that simply handing over Castle Yamaku to… Her is not the best course of action for this kingdom. I am truly sorry, old friend.”

“Then to hell with you, Hisao! If the proud Knights of Yamaku will not go to her aid than I shall do so alone!” Lord Kenji announces, flaring his cape dramatically as he exits. It’s only as he leaves that I notice that our Kenji is wearing a strikingly similar garb. I nod to my companions and we approach the throne slowly, the royal guards either side of us audibly tensing in their metal armour.

“Your royal highnesses, we apologise for intruding upon your meeting so rudely…” I take a knee in front of them, Kenji and Shiina following suit.

“And who might you be, dark-skinned stranger?” I wince at the words but keep my calm. The intel we were given prior to leaving indicated that the queen is blind, so I’ll let that comment slide as a descriptor for her benefit.

“We are but a humble band of adventurers, here to offer aid to the Kingdom of Yamaku in its hour of need. We have heard that Lady Misha has been taken captive by an evil enchantress and we would like to offer our assistance in rescuing her.” Lilly’s not the only one who can speak old-timey, but I’ll admit that my performance is much hammier than hers.

“Rise, adventurers. Your aid has come at a fortuitous moment, a little too fortuitous for my liking.” Queen Lillith speaks, opening her dull blue eyes. Yup, she’s definitely a duplicate of Lilly. “Where do you hail from and what compensation would you require for this deed?”

“We are from the land of Nexus, and we would not ask for compensation. Doing good is its own reward.” I say with a smile, placing my hands behind my back.

“Nexus? Never heard of it! Besides, your words may be noble but you hardly look formidable enough to combat a witch… Greaves or no, you barely look like you can hold a sword, let alone use one!” King Hisao snorts derisively and I look down at my prosthetics. I suppose they would look like armour to him.

“My two companions here are powerful mages in their own right, as well as my two other companions, who are equally skilled in the art of combat. As for myself, I will be more than willing to undergo a test if the court desires…”

“Very well. You, guard.” Queen Lillith gestures to the guard standing to her left and points slightly to my right.

“You sure about this, Molls?” Shiina asks over my shoulder and I nod. Oh, I got this. They move backwards as the court’s champion approaches.

“If I may trouble the court for a sword? My own weapon is in my other armour.” I joke and King Hisao seems amused by it, nodding and one of the guards to my left lurches forward. I take the sword from his gauntleted hands. “Thank you, kind sir.” I smile and he nods, stepping back amongst the rank and file.

“Just so you know… I have no quarrel striking a woman, dark one.” A condescending voice echoes from behind the face plate of my opponent. I was going to go easy on whoever they chose but with a double-barrelled insult like that, I’m going to kick his arse.

“That’s okay. Neither do I.” I smirk with a glare as I twirl the sword with a roll of my wrist, holding it out in front of me.

Seems the misogynist took exception to that and growls as he swings for my head. His form is so sloppy its almost painful to watch. I back-step and allow the sword to pass harmlessly through the air in front of me. He struggles to bring the heavy sword back around and I simply duck under his swing this time.

“Fight me, wench!” He snarls and I grin.

“Oh, my deepest apologies, ‘good sir’. I hadn’t realised we had begun our duel.” I deliver a solid strike to his forearm, loosening his grip and, with a quick spin in place, arc my blade upwards to his other wrist, causing him to drop his sword. It clatters to the ground and he looks desperately between me and his downed blade.

“Go on. I’ll wait.” I smirk and he rushes to pick up his sword and lunge at me. I pirouette along the length of his arm and kick his right leg out from under him while pushing on his back with my elbow, sending him spilling onto the stone floor with a metallic cacophony.

“Brothers, to me! Teach this vile outsider what it means to earn the ire of the Yamaku Knights!” He snarls and two more of the guards advance quickly. It’s hardly a fair fight and my point is proven as one sword is deflected by an arm shielded by purple hexagons while the other is blasted from its wielders hands by an orange bolt of energy.

“Alright, back up you clowns! Don’t you guys know anything about chivalry?” Shiina shouts, holding her pistol fingers out like a gunslinger as Kenii adds another shield to his other arm. I hold the sword ready for more attackers to come but the applause from the twin thrones stops the commotion.

“Bravo, adventurers! That was quite the performance!” King Hisao grins and Queen Lillith nods approvingly. I noticed that he had been whispering to her the entire time, giving her a running commentary no doubt.

“Thank you, sire. It was an honour to duel some of Yamaku’s finest.” I lie, as the guards go back to their places around the room. I graciously hand my sword back to its own with a smile.

“Good job, adventurer. I never much cared for Valeth’s bravado.” A surprisingly feminine voice whispers from behind the face plate. I wink and bow as the guard takes her previous stance once more.

“Would the c-court be so kind as to give us more information about this witch person?” Kenji pipes up, his barriers dissipating into thin air. The queen nods with a smile, folding her hands over themselves.

“Certainly, mage. Allow me to tell you the tale of Hanako the Horrible.”
Yukarin

Re: The Fixers - "Knights Errant" 9-9-15

Post by Yukarin »

Well well, we have Hanako the adorable on one end.

...and Hanako the Horrible on the other.

I wonder how our bubbly werewolf reacts to that.
Decadent Albatros

First: was the "neither do I" from Molly a reference to DBZ Abridged? :D
Secondly, Hanako the Horrible for how it makes me sad it really sounds interesting so let's hope we're about to get something good.
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

See, I just wanna see Hanako the Wereadorable face down Hanako the Horrible in a one-on-one mirror match, 'cause that would be awesome.
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Decadent Albatros wrote:Secondly, Hanako the Horrible for how it makes me sad it really sounds interesting so let's hope we're about to get something good.
Turns out she's just got a bad reputation, she joins the team and hilarity ensues.

I've been looking forward to the duplicate characters, I can see how Kenji or Lilly wouldn't recognize themselves, but I'm sure someone else would notice dopplegangers walking around. :lol:
One Shots - My stories thread.
Decadent Albatros

swampie2 wrote:
Decadent Albatros wrote:Secondly, Hanako the Horrible for how it makes me sad it really sounds interesting so let's hope we're about to get something good.
Turns out she's just got a bad reputation, she joins the team and hilarity ensues.
fuck it then, let's make an entire Hanako-only team in the Fixers! :lol:
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Decadent Albatros wrote:First: was the "neither do I" from Molly a reference to DBZ Abridged? :D
Subconsciously, yes :lol: I thought I'd heard the line before but couldn't remember where from!
Skeeve wrote:See, I just wanna see Hanako the Wereadorable face down Hanako the Horrible in a one-on-one mirror match, 'cause that would be awesome.
Werenako is going to get her shot against a dupe, just not yet... :wink:
Decadent Albatros wrote:Fuck it then, let's make an entire Hanako-only team in the Fixers! :lol:
They did that in Exiles once with multiple teams made up entirely of Wolverines. It did not go well :lol:
Last edited by Sharp-O on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Decadent Albatros

Sharp-O wrote:
Decadent Albatros wrote:First: was the "neither do I" from Molly a reference to DBZ Abridged? :D
Subconsciously, yes :lol: I thought I'd heard the line before but couldn't remember where from!
It's from the Vegeta vs Android 18 fight, at the start! The battle is also known as "the sass fight" :lol:
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Decadent Albatros wrote: It's from the Vegeta vs Android 18 fight, at the start! The battle is also known as "the sass fight" :lol:
That's got one of my favourite gags of the series in it!

"Did anyone get the number of that bitch!?"
"18."
"Thank you."
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hmm... suddenly she's peculiar about training😂
That wasn't an issue when she sent the others on their first mission...

Also: strangely it is called "derring-do". No idea why.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Hmm... suddenly she's peculiar about training😂
That wasn't an issue when she sent the others on their first mission...
Well the others were picked, Hana just followed them home soooo...
Mirage_GSM wrote:Also: strangely it is called "derring-do". No idea why.
I think we can both agree that, for the sake of clarity, 'daring-do' works perfectly well. Plus 'derring-do' has a red under-squiggle. :P
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Hanako the Horrible
Ladies and Gentlemen, the true result of Misstep!
Also, I'm a sucker for anything to do with knights, so this arc is exactly where I want to be :D
Sharp-O wrote:Plus 'derring-do' has a red under-squiggle.
Because spell-checkers don't know how to Olde English :P
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.