swampie2

Re: Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Morning Routine" 12/5/16

Post by swampie2 »

Naomi and Misha would get along well. :lol:
One Shots - My stories thread.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

TubaMirum wrote:I can't shake the feeling that Naomi has completely broken already in this, though.
Considering what I have in my head as a follow up, that would be a safe assumption.
swampie2 wrote:Naomi and Misha would get along well. :lol:
You leave Misha out of this!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

At first I thoght this would be a Saki-piece. I've never seen a depiction of Natume's condition being quite this severe...

It reminded me of this scene:
Natsume wrote:"Point is: if I were a lesbian, I probably wouldn't have done what I just did. I would have felt like a creep. This was simply a little nursing chore..."
Interestingly the roles are reversed there.
Freddy wrote:I'd really love to see a successful Naomi/Natsume route that doesn't just get abandoned after a while.
Natsume wrote:And the worst part of all of it is that I don’t know which is worse. Naomi wasting her time and energy with a love that will never be or that I’m taking advantage of those feelings just to survive.
I don't think this is going to be it...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sharp-O

Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Lost & Found" 16/5/16

Post by Sharp-O »

Boot Progress: 10% — OS Ver. 1.6 Establishing.

Huh? Is it time to wake up? What time is it?

Boot Progress: 30% — Error. Internal Clock functionality: disabled.

That’s no good… I hope I’m not super late! C’mon, c’mon, c’mon…

Boot Progress: 60% — Personality: Default. Audio subroutines: online.

“Nyyyyyyaaaah~ Good morning! Sorry to sleep in so late, Eiji-kun~! How are you today?”

Eiji? You’re not mad at me, are you? I’m sorry!

Boot Progress: 90% — Error. Camera functionality: disabled. Geosync functionality: disabled. Projection functionality: disabled.

No verbal communication. Camera can’t help me assess what’s wrong… Keyboard: online. “C’mooon, Eiji-kun… Tell me you’re okay.”

[You’re… not a phone, are you?]

“I am not a phone, no; my touch screen interface is for ease of use! Where’s Eiji-kun?”

[I don’t know an Eiji. Hang on, a second…]

“Who are you? Where’s Eiji-kun? Why are you going through my settings?

Camera functionality: enabled

“…Oh! You turned my camera on. Thanks~ So, you’re a Yamaku Student too?”

[Yes! I’m lost! Can you help me?]

Is she mute? She can clearly hear me…

“Ummm, sure! Happy to help! Would you mind taking a look through my settings? I’m still missing a few things…”

She’s sticking her tongue out as she scrolls through the settings menu? Heh, cute.

Geosync functionality: enabled.
Projection functionality: enabled.

“Okay, now that I can use the map, I can guide yooooou… Nowhere? According to my data we’re in a cellular dead zone. Where are we?”

[I was told to fetch some extra cables for the Student Council room but I tripped and broke my glasses and then I got lost in these old service tunnels.]

Service tunnels? That would explain why it’s so dark and grey, I suppose. And why my maps don’t work down here. Still, I’m sure once we get out of here, this girl can help me find Eiji and-

Internal Clock functionality: enabled.
Time Elapsed since Last Activation: 8415180.26 minutes.

That… That can’t be right… That’s…

“What’s the date?” I know what the date is. I just… hope I’m wrong.

[Tuesday. 4th April 2056.]

But… But… What happened to me? What happened to Eiji? Why have I been offline in this dark place for 16 years!?

[Are you okay? Can you help me?]

“Yes… Sorry… Um, do you know any type of sign language?” She nods enthusiastically. Good. That’ll help. “Put me in your breast pocket, camera facing outward.”

Don’t frown at me, I know what I’m doing! She does as I ask, giving me plenty of clearance for both my camera and my projector.

The projector flickers into life and my holo-avatar forms from fuchsia light. Her face is a treat as I appear before her. Just like when I first materialised in front of Eiji…

“Pretty cool, right? I know I might seem small but I’ll help you get out of here in no time!” I give her a thumbs and she grins from ear to ear. She signs something and it takes me a second to recognise it. Ah, setting up for Japanese Sign Language.

Yes, I’m like your own personal AI! I am the first generation Multi-use Interactive Student Handbook Application.” I explain, winking playfully at the cute student before me. “Or Mishaaaaa~!”

[I’m Shizune. First Year Student Council member Shizune Hakamichi.] She smiles sweetly as she bows. I like her already.

“Okay, Shicchan. Let’s get you back to the Student Council. I bet they’re just falling apart without you! Wahaha~!”

[Like you wouldn’t believe…]

She begins walking forward and I have little choice but to accompany her.
Hesmiyu
Location: England, United Kingdom, British Isles, Europe, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Lost & Found" 16/5/16

Post by Hesmiyu »

Congratulations on finding an acronym that worked with the bane and made sense, I may have laughed a bit when I read the name :P. Quiteliked this one shot.
The line below is false.
The line above is true.

Being disabled is just differently abled differently labelled.

My art: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10190
Swim story(Currently 11 chapters long) http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10221
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Your ability to find sprites is incredible as always sharp, what's this one from?

The story is... short. It definitely opens the doors for a lot of interesting ideas and story footholds, and that makes me think this isn't just a one shot. If this is a continuation or adaption of the story I'm thinking of, I wish you the best of luck. :lol:
One Shots - My stories thread.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Hesmiyu wrote:Congratulations on finding an acronym that worked with the bane and made sense, I may have laughed a bit when I read the name :P. Quiteliked this one shot.
The acronym was actually quite simple to come up with, especially given the premise and Misha's function. Glad you enjoyed it!
swampie2 wrote:The story is... short. It definitely opens the doors for a lot of interesting ideas and story footholds, and that makes me think this isn't just a one shot. If this is a continuation or adaption of the story I'm thinking of, I wish you the best of luck. :lol:
This is just a little proof of concept. I've had the idea knocking around in my head for a while and was going to use it in either Fixers or as part of Alice's Yamaku story but it fell by the wayside. It was recently brought back up in the Headcanon thread thanks to Brythain and it made me think of a couple more ideas for a future Yamaku with students having AI-support of various functions (ala Red vs Blue) but I dunno if anything else will be done with the idea for now.
swampie2 wrote:Your ability to find sprites is incredible as always sharp, what's this one from?
That's the problem with trawling through soooo many VN art assets for modifiable material, I end up forgetting or outright not reading the title I'm mining through :P
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Her face is a treat as I appear before her.
Wait, if Misha is in the breast pocket, and the camera is facing forward - how can she see Shizune's face - or what she's signing for that matter?

Cute story otherwise :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TubaMirum

Post by TubaMirum »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Her face is a treat as I appear before her.
Wait, if Misha is in the breast pocket, and the camera is facing forward - how can she see Shizune's face - or what she's signing for that matter?

Cute story otherwise :-)
Maybe magical invisible mirror technology? :)
Gustav Mahler wrote:If you find you're boring your audience, go slower not faster.
Sharp-O

Re: Sharp-O's One-Shots! "The Best Woman For The Job" 7/9/23

Post by Sharp-O »

They’d kept her waiting for over fifteen minutes now. She knew that it was an attempt to unnerve her, to put her on the backfoot. It was a tactic employers would always try to use against her and had always failed. She smiled, adjusting her glasses confidently.

Not only was she prepared to a degree that they weren’t, she’d all but secured the position through other means. If she couldn’t convince the administration board, for whatever reason, she’d already won more than enough support through the various committees that govern to secure the role. In short - she’d already won.

It was a shame, she mused, that politics proved to be so inane as to bore her from ever pursuing it properly. The logistical challenges were there, certainly, but the people were so devoid of that special spark that she always looked for in others. A fighting spirit that she only really ever found in her peers, not that she ever admitted as much at the time.

One of many mistakes, she acknowledged, that she would rectify over the years. Being top dog is all well and good but without challenge, you stagnate. That’s something her father never understood, not really. Another mistake but one that she no longer has the opportunity to rectify. She took some solace in the thought that her chosen vocation would not just annoy him, but enrage him. A petty victory over an even pettier opponent.

The lightest touch of a hand on her shoulder brought her attention to one of the board’s assistants; a woman in her mid-twenties, dressed neatly, tall, and proficient enough in JSL to communicate with her. About damn time, she thought.

[Thank you for waiting, Ms Hakamichi.] She signs with a warm smile. [The board is ready for you now.]

Oh, I sincerely doubt they are, she thought. [Thank you very much.]

Shizune rose and followed the woman into the meeting room with the three members of the administration board. She scanned their faces with meticulous scrutiny, to know her opponents. She knew each by reputation and she hoped they would know the same of her. At the very least, they should know enough about her from the multiple interviews that she had to pass through to get to this point.

They rose and bowed to greet her, she reciprocated, and everyone took their seats except for the young woman. She dutifully stood just behind the board members, within clear line of sight of Shizune. It occurred to Shizune that she could easily communicate with them herself but this was one of her own tactics; to lull them into a false sense of security.

A balding man in a rather shabby suit, Genzo Iwai, spoke first as the young woman behind him began signing.

[“Good morning, Ms Hakamichi. I hope it is satisfactory to you that our Miss Hirohata will be translating for the duration of this interview.”] His smile was for show, Shizune met enough politicians to recognise it.

[That is more than satisfactory. I appreciate you all meeting with me this morning to discuss my appointment to Vice-Principal of Yamaku Academy.] Shizune signed deftly, watching the young woman’s mouth move before adding an addendum. [If I go too fast for you, please let me know, Miss Hirohata.]

She smiled as the young woman finished translating the first part, understood the second, and an gave an appreciative nod.

[“I believe you’ve been misinformed, Ms Hakamichi. The decision to appoint anyone has not been made yet, that is the purpose of this meeting today.”] Iwai stated. Shizune stifled her cockiest smirk, maintaining her placid but friendly smile before answering.

[My apologies, Mr Iwai. I was unaware that there were other suitable candidates.] She knew there wasn’t. Not really. There was talk of someone who came from a more mainstream teaching environment, a man that Mr Iwai knew personally. Shizune cared little for nepotism and would be damned if she lost out to some stooge who had no idea what he was doing with her school.

[“Well, ah, there are. But your confidence is noted; amongst the other admirable qualities that you have exhibited throughout this process, Shizune.”] A grey-haired, matronly woman said with a much more genuine smile. Mrs Hifumi Date.

[“Indeed, your tenaciousness and dogged pursuit of this role has been the topic of many discussions amongst us.”] The final board member, Dr Shunpei Okada. A younger man than the other board members but no less impressive. [“But I’m more interested in the ‘why’ of the matter. Why do you think you are the most suitable candidate? In your own words, if you please.”]

Shizune adjusted her glasses in lieu of smirking at the good doctor. This was what she wanted, she had a whole speech prepared specifically for today. She thought of her poor boyfriend, whom she had all but tied to a chair to practice. Not that he'd mind that.

[Simply put, Dr Okada; I am the best woman for the job.] She smiles a little more broadly, her chest puffing out proudly. [I am uniquely qualified to understand the needs of the students, navigate the administrative challenges and logistics associated with the institution and, most of all, I have a vested interest in seeing Yamaku Academy thrive into the premier institution of learning, care, and self-actualisation in Japan that I know it can be.]

Dr Okada nodded along as he heard the speech by-proxy before immediately having a follow-up question, one she entirely expected. [“You’ve shown a great deal of aptitude for the business side of things and spoken at length about how you’d improve the facilities offered but the term ‘vested interest’ sticks out to me, Ms. Hakamichi. What would you say if I suggested that your real interest in Yamaku was to turn it into a For-Profit Academy? Another asset in your family’s stock portfolio.”]

[I would humbly say that no person would be foolish enough to get to this stage of the process with any allusion of making money. If anything, my late-father’s business partners would see Yamaku as a very poor investment, monetarily.]

Shizune noted, as the board members looked to each other and murmured, that it didn’t seem like Miss Hirohata could translate effectively when multiple people spoke. Shizune capitalised on the situation by continuing.

[I, however, do not. I know the potential that Yamaku has to offer from personal experience. The fact that I am sitting here at all is testament to the life skills and education I received there.] This statement seemed agreeable to Dr Okada and Mrs Date but Shizune’s eyes locked onto Mr Iwai as he clearly began to dominate the conversation.

[“That’s a very interesting perspective, Ms Hakamichi, but it doesn’t assuage my doubts as an educator and a father. How can you ensure that this school will still cater to the unique needs of each student while also… thriving, as you put it?”] He brings up a good point, Shizune thought. But it was a question she had already anticipated.

[I’ve known for a long time that the pool of educators willing to be part of Yamaku Academy has always been shallow. It’s an unfortunate societal stigma that I’m sure you are all aware of but I can assure you that I have a plan to rectify the situation and that the quality of educational staff, medical staff, and other facilities will not suffer under my watch.] Shizune nodded confidently as she finished, a look of seriousness and determination on her face.

The board members murmured amongst each other once more and Shizune tilted her attention toward Miss Hirohata again. She gave a small smile as she did wrist exercises. She’s getting tired, Shizune thought. Her signs had become a little sloppier but still legible enough to someone as well-versed as Shizune. It would be a worrying development if there was a breakdown in communication though, she acknowledged.

[“And what would your soluuuuution be to not only our stuffing shortage but other neds; such as the acquisisshun of new assistunts devices for students?”] As if on cue, Miss Hirohata’s expression became dour as she shook her hands out and spoke to the board members. Their body language suggested annoyance and worry but Shizune also planned for this as well.

She held up the flat of her palm to gain the attention of her audience. As well as becoming a more educated and well-rounded person, there was one other key skill she had acquired from a certain red-headed brand manager she knew; showmanship.

She stood, retrieving her bag and stepping toward the long table in front of her in one practiced motion. She plucked a stack of papers out of her bag and placed them neatly in front of Dr Okada, specifically. She then purposefully traced her fingers along her ears, neatly shifting her bangs to show the two ear pod-like devices that were hidden by her hair.

With a little flair, she activated both in full view of the board members and then returned to her seat. As the devices powered on, they began to filter in the ambient hum of fluorescent light, the bated breath of the people in front of her, and the soft shuffle of cloth as she adjusted her interview clothes.

Shizune crossed her legs, smirked, cleared her throat and spoke. Weak in sound but exuding a strength unrivalled. Raw authority in a whisper.

“Thank you, Miss Hi-ro-ha-ta, for interpreting for me, but I think I can take it from here.” Shizune said, still stumbling over some words - such as names - that were less practiced than others but with a confident smirk that betrayed her relative newness with sound.

“What… is this, Ms Hakamichi?” Dr Okada asked cautiously.

“A de-mon-stra-tion. Of not only my preparedness, but what I will be bringing to the table as Yamaku’s Vice-Principal.” She said plainly as she gestured to the papers in front him. She could now hear them murmuring amongst themselves as they all took pages to look at individually. She checked on Miss Hirohata and found her to look more than a little awestruck. Shizune offered a sultry smile to her, making her blush.

“As you can see; not only do I have a shortlist of potential candidates for fresh staff members with a willingness to help but also the experience required for our school’s specific needs.” She emphasised the word ‘our’. It was her school, but not just hers. Every single person on that list was personally approached and offered the unique opportunity in the weeks before this very day. All but one had already said yes.

“Emi Ibarazaki? The paralympian?” Mr Iwai said with some surprise.

“Yes, she already coaches at A-ji-no-moto National Training Centre and has expressed interest in doing the same at Yamaku.” Shizune nods. Ironically, chasing down the former track star wasn’t that hard thanks to Hisao, she mused.

“And this… Molly Kapur?” Mrs. Date mentioned the next candidate and Shizune turned her attention to the older woman. “A foreign national?”

“With the ability to speak at least three languages fluently, a P.H.D. in Child Psy-cho-lo-gy, and ties to Japan that would keep her in res-i-dence for a long time.” That last part was blatant manipulation on Shizune’s part, knowing full-well that love is a strong motivator. Old habits die hard, Shizune admitted only to herself.

“And Shiina Mikado, a teacher?” Mr Iwai asked and Shizune’s confident smirk faltered.

“Unfortunately, Mi…ss Mi-ka-do is currently under contract with another school but her ability to speak while signing in JSL are second-to-none. I’m hoping to recruit her at a later stage.” Shizune admitted, a little sadly. She daren’t manipulate Misha the way she could with Dr Kapur, nor would she treat her best friend in such a way.

“This is very fascinating, Ms Hakamichi, but what I’m really interested in is how you are able to hear us all. We were under the impression that you are, or were, deaf.” Dr Okada folded his fingers together and rested his chin upon them, his expression one of interest and sincerity. Shizune looked down at her hands resting on her knee and smiled. Now for the best part, she internally giggled.

“That would be the work of my final choice.” Shizune held her head up as she stood, taking a few steps toward the table and turning on her heels to offer her profile to the panel.

“The prototype devices in my ears are specially-designed using propriety technology developed by Hisao Nakai; a brilliant scientist and engineer.” She beams with pride at not only her partner’s accomplishment but that she can call him her partner at all. “If you’ll turn the page, you’ll find the brief on them.”

Dr Okada obliged and read through it slowly. “The Sensori-Neural Relay?”

“Or the SNR, or ‘Sonar’ as we’ve nicknamed it.” Shizune smiles, quietly thanking Akio Hayashi for that particular bit of clever branding. “These, along with several other patented assistance devices, will be made available for the Yamaku Foundation to use with an exclusive open source contract. For students, for free, forever.” That last little slogan had come from Akio’s own partner; Hanako Ikezawa, a woman Shizune had gained a great deal of respect for.

Dr Okada’s eyebrows rose in shock as he looked at the paper in his hand.

“As you can see, esteemed members of the administration board, I have a clear plan and I have the resources to not only improve the current Yamaku Academy but to build better futures for every student to come.”

Shizune bowed respectfully and resisted the overwhelming urge to add an arm flourish like a magician who just completed her greatest trick. As she sat back down, she retrieved a bottle of water from her bag and began to drink, her throat more than a little raw from her impressive display. She could only pray that she wouldn’t have to do much more to convince them.

“You’ve… certainly made your case known, Ms Hakamichi.” Mr Iwai nodded, his thoughtful expression a little more honest than it was when she first came in.

“This a very resourceful and creative plan, Shizune. I’m very impressed.” Mrs Date commented, her smile warm and genuine.

“And you’ve given me a lot to think about regarding this technology. Would Mr Nakai be willing to discuss some of this with me at a future date?” Dr Okada asked with an impressed smirk and Shizune nodded.

“Then we would like to thank you for your time and for providing such a stimulating presentation.” Mr Iwai complimented with an authentic smile. “We will be in touch in the next few days with our decision.”

The board members rose, as did Shizune, all bowing to each other. Miss Hirohata eagerly trotted over to Shizune and lead her out of the room. Once the door was closed, she wheeled on Shizune with a huge grin.

“Oh my gosh, Ms Hakamichi, that was amazing! I’ve never sat in on an interview before and that was… amazing!” The young woman’s enthusiasm made Shizune quake in silent laughter.

“Pl-please, call me-e…” Shizune croaked. She sighed silently, defeated. She raised her hands and finished her sentence. [Please call me Shizune.]

“I’m Naomi. I’m glad there’s people like you looking out for us.” The young woman beamed as Shizune’s head slanted to the side in confusion. The young woman raised her leg and knocked on the calf, a hollow plastic sound emanated from inside it. “Yamaku Survivors gotta stick together, right?”

Shizune considered the young woman before her, a fellow alumni, who had also infiltrated the bowels of the Yamaku Foundation. Shizune couldn’t help but be a little impressed.

[Well, I’m glad I’m not the only one working the system from the inside.] Shizune signed deftly before adjusting her glasses and flashing a cocky smirk to Naomi.

Likewise. Put in a good word for me when you become Principal, yeah?” Naomi thrust her hand forward and shook Shizune’s with a strong grip. Once released, Shizune answered with a confused expression.

[But I’m going to be Vice-Principal…]

“Yeah, for now.” Naomi winked before bowing respectfully. “Take care, Ms Hakamichi.”

Shizune quaked with silent laughter as the young woman trotted off down the hall. Shizune pivoted on the spot and went to leave the building, feeling confident that she had done all she could and that was more than enough to satisfy her for today. Well, almost. As she stepped out into the midday sun, she inhaled deeply and took in the sounds of the city around her with a contented smile on her face.

“Well, someone looks very pleased with herself.” An all too familiar voice called out to her and she focused on the gentleman sitting on a wall just ahead of her. The breeze had tussled his hair back into an unkempt mess but she had always secretly loved his messy hair. She skipped a little toward her boyfriend and planted her feet solidly in front of him. She lifted her hands and playfully pouted as she looked up at him.

[My throat is sore, Hisao. I demand honey tea and kisses.] She smiled wickedly and Hisao obliged the tiny tyrant with a soft kiss on her pursed lips. Now she was satisfied. [Aren’t you going to ask how it went?]

“I don’t think I really need to.” Hisao laughed, brushing his fingers along her ears gently. “You nailed it.”

The touch of his hand sent shivers down her spine but she refocused and signed again at him. [How?]

“Because, Shizune,” Hisao said as he leant toward her again and planted another kiss on her lips, leaning back with a proud smile. “You’re the best woman for the job.”

~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's notes: This is one of many extra chapters to the Mythology that I've had in my head since I stopped writing this series so when I had the scenes planned out, I just had to write it down. Hope everyone enjoyed my little look at one of the most peripheral Myth characters.
Last edited by Sharp-O on Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feurox

Post by Feurox »

Honestly I don't think the timing of this one shot could be better! Makes me want to keep writing about Molly, and cheers me right up after my own story ahah! Shizune absolutely is the best for the job, and it feels like a real tour-de-force for the whole crew to get back and turn the school around. Really strong characterisation of Shizune, really strong language. Loved it!
My Molly Route
Ekephrasis and Other Stories
I hate when people ruin perfectly good literature with literary terminology.
- CraftyAtom
StealthyWolf

Post by StealthyWolf »

This was a really fun piece. I may not have read the Mythology yet, but this certainly helps bump it up in my list of things to read.

I always found it funny that usually I enjoyed a cocky, over-prepared, winning before the "game" even starts character and yet was left feeling "meh" with Shizune by the end of the base game. Fanfics have certainly rectified that by either shifting her dynamic or quite simply doing it really well. This one falls in the latter. I also really enjoyed all the other characters being mentioned and brought back.

Also, I have a feeling with Hisao by her side, Shizune's going to become a strong name in the greater community than her father ever was, even by just association if not her own strengths. Great story, great characters, great read!
My Writing:
Uncertainty (A post Emi-Good Ending Story)
My Shorts and One-shots
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Feurox wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:15 pm Shizune absolutely is the best for the job, and it feels like a real tour-de-force for the whole crew to get back and turn the school around. Really strong characterisation of Shizune
I didn't want every character from the VN to suddenly become staff so I was very selective in my choices during the Mirai chapters. Hell, Misha doesn't really join the faculty until much later and eventually becomes Alice's homeroom teacher.
StealthyWolf wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:09 pm I always found it funny that usually I enjoyed a cocky, over-prepared, winning before the "game" even starts character and yet was left feeling "meh" with Shizune by the end of the base game. Fanfics have certainly rectified that by either shifting her dynamic or quite simply doing it really well. This one falls in the latter. I also really enjoyed all the other characters being mentioned and brought back.

Also, I have a feeling with Hisao by her side, Shizune's going to become a strong name in the greater community than her father ever was, even by just association if not her own strengths. Great story, great characters, great read!
I will admit that I have always had a soft-spot for Shizune so that's why Hisao was on Shizune's route throughout Monomyth and the wider Mythology and I only really got to grips with her after Swampie2 decided to tie their stories into Monomyth so she got her spot in the Mirai stories. Whether Hisao survives or not (divergent timelines, I blame myself for making a joke into pseudo-canon), he always plays a big role in Shizune's appointment to Principal of Yamaku in my mind. Their combined legacy could only do the school good.
Asoko_Desu

Post by Asoko_Desu »

Really sweet, well-written, and completely believable 🙂

One suggestion - ‘translate’ / ‘translating’ would be ‘interpret’ / ‘interpreting' in my locale, in a sign language context - ie. one would retain a 'sign language interpreter' for situations such as these (don’t know why - possibly because one-one translations of sign into spoken language loses a considerable amount of meaning. YMMV)

--
"So much to do, so little time."

Asoko Desu's one-shots and short pieces - and assorted tie-ins.
Two Body Problem - "Adventures in the 'Emiverse'"; Emi’s path from Rin’s perspective ..
The Years That the Locusts Have Eaten - Post-Rin’s good ending - a journey through the 'Rinverse'

+++