Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Complete]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 5/7/15]

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It really is! The next chapter might have some geographical inconsistencies so if you have any suggestions to improve it, I'd appreciate it. Do they really charge to see a waterfall? Which one?
Well, they don't charge you to see the waterfall (it's apparently named Kegon) per se, but to get to the viewing point you have to use an elevator - and they DO charge you for using that.
I don't remember how much because my Japanese colleagues paid for me (probably as a business expense) but it was a four digit number...
As for geographical inconsistencies - I was mostly driven around in a car that day, so I'm not quite as orientated regarding that place compared to those I explored on my own...
I remember that to get to the lake and the waterfall you had to drive up a long serpentine road.
On my visit there I was to the temple complex, the waterfall and the Tamozawa villa.
It was the rainy season - it was raining cats and dogs until afternoon...
Was there are Song of Fire and Ice reference? I've never read the books (I'll get to the show eventually) so if there is, it's purely coincidental!
I thought the "winter is... rolling around" was supposed to be one.
I've neither read the books nor seen the show, but that quote is so ubiquitious nowadays, that one can hardly avoid it.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, they don't charge you to see the waterfall (it's apparently named Kegon) per se, but to get to the viewing point you have to use an elevator - and they DO charge you for using that.
I don't remember how much because my Japanese colleagues paid for me (probably as a business expense) but it was a four digit number...
As for geographical inconsistencies - I was mostly driven around in a car that day, so I'm not quite as orientated regarding that place compared to those I explored on my own...
I remember that to get to the lake and the waterfall you had to drive up a long serpentine road.
On my visit there I was to the temple complex, the waterfall and the Tamozawa villa.
It was the rainy season - it was raining cats and dogs until afternoon...
I'm actually using Japan Guide as my basis :D Pouring over the sparse details to give myself a general idea of the layout. Hopefully it's believable enough :)
Mirage_GSM wrote:I thought the "winter is... rolling around" was supposed to be one.
I've neither read the books nor seen the show, but that quote is so ubiquitious nowadays, that one can hardly avoid it.
Aaaah, yeah, I can see why you'd think that. :lol:
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

I'm feeling pretty nxious about this

Second paragraph, I think you mean Anxious?

She gripes, popping her back.

My classmate once wrote a small story and had me proofread it. At the end his character stretched and dislocated his spine, killing him. It was awful, the worst way to end a story, and whenever I read something like this I immediately wince. Glad you didn't kill of Ritsu!

"Oh, this is so exciting~!"

I like this character already.

“And I told you before, don’t call me that, {idiōta}…”

I wonder what Spanish with a Japanese accent sounds like...

Still enjoying the ride, I wonder if Taro's dad will be like Shizune's dad?
One Shots - My stories thread.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

swampie2 wrote:My classmate once wrote a small story and had me proofread it. At the end his character stretched and dislocated his spine, killing him. It was awful, the worst way to end a story, and whenever I read something like this I immediately wince. Glad you didn't kill of Ritsu!
...Hehe... No problem... Hehe...
swampie2 wrote:I like this character already.
I wonder what Spanish with a Japanese accent sounds like...
Spoilers: Hot as Fuck
swampie2 wrote:Still enjoying the ride, I wonder if Taro's dad will be like Shizune's dad?
I don't think I hate myself nearly enough to write like that, same reason Kenji will never have a line of dialogue in this story :lol:
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:...Hehe... No problem... Hehe...
One Shots - My stories thread.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Really looking forward to the next chapter. Parental drama is one of the kinds I DO like. I can't get enough of it in gravity falls and RWBY fanfics. Besides that, I agree, the last two chapters were more enjoyable. Glad to see Akio back to his snarky ways. :)
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Sharp-O

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 6/7/15]

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter Seventeen: Bushido

We cautiously walk down the stairs to find my Father in the loving embrace of Kyoko. “Welcome home, dear!” Her smile is warm and genuine.

My Father turns and I get a good look at him for the first time in a year. A new, pressed black suit. Same neatly combed hair, greying at the temples. Same stupid moustache. Yup, about what I expected. The horn-rimmed glasses are new, though.

“Good evening, Father.” I bow deeply then offer my hand. “I hope you’ve been well?”

He studies me for a second before breaking into a smile. “Taro, my boy!” Before I even know what’s going on, my usually indifferent father embraces me in a warm hug. What.

How the devil are you?” He’s… cheery. That’s new. And unnerving.

“I’m q-quite well, thank you. I’d like to introduce my guest. This is Ritsu Tainaka, my girlfriend.” I gesture towards Ritsu for the second time today and she responds in an equally similar fashion.

“Good evening, Mr Arai. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for inviting me into your lovely home.” She bows courteously with a smile. “I am in your care.” Please don’t be a douche…

“Marvellous! It’s an absolute pleasure to meet you, Miss Tainaka. You may call me Masato, if you feel comfortable doing so.” Again with the smile. Wait… Masato? When did he start letting strangers use his first name?

“Th-then, you can call me Ritsu if you’d like, Mr Arai…” Ritsu’s demeanour seems to win him over more.

“Excellent! Taro, would you be so kind as to fetch some tea for us all? It would be wonderful to sit down with my family and our charming guest.” He smiles. Again. He shepherds Ritsu towards the table as I join Kyoko in the kitchen.

Once I’m confident that they’re out of ear shot, I start quizzing Kyoko while she prepares dinner.

“Okay, what the hell just happened?” I whisper to Kyoko, who is consumed in her chef duties.

“Like I said earlier, Masato really wanted to see you this summer.” She smiles.

“Sorry, it’s just weird to be cheerily greeted by someone who, up until this very moment, I had considered to have the emotional range of a cinder block!” I’m still whispering but it’s really hard not to get riled up at this new development. “Did he have a total personality inversion or is he some kind of android?”

“Taro Arai; you will cease this silliness, be nice to your Father and prepare a lovely pot of tea for your family and girlfriend.” Her voice takes on an unusually stern tone.

“S-sure thing…” I dutifully prepare the tea on a tray. “…Sorry, Kyoko.”

She breathes a heavy sigh. “So am I, Taro. I just wanted this week to be nice for all of us and a fight on the first day wouldn’t be a great start, right?” She breaks into another reassuring smile. Okay, I’ll try. For you.

“{Gotcha}. Less fights, more tea.” I nod and carry the tray through the living room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The evening is filled with laughter, tales of Yamaku, tea and an incredible meal cooked by Kyoko. I can’t remember the last time I had fun with my Father and that’s disconcerting. Not least because that’s a sad thought in general for a son to have but also because this isn’t the image of my father that I had.

My Mother died in childbirth and my Father was left alone to raise a disabled son. When I learned that cheery little fact… Well, I’ve been carrying the guilt ever since. I know it’s not my fault but I doubt anyone else in my position would feel any different. I must have been a terrible burden on my Father, so much so, that after he remarried, he let Kyoko raise me.

That wonderful woman brought so much joy into our home and I am so thankful for it, even if she won’t let me call her Mom… My Father withdrew from me, apart from kendo practice, though I merely happened to train with him. I’d hardly call it quality Father-Son time. It was just… hard to be around him. To be here and Mother not be and I think that’s why he always treated me more as a responsibility than his flesh and blood. As I grew older, so did the distance between us and I ended up resenting him…

I’m brought out of my contemplation by Ritsu, whose arms snake around my good arm.

“‘Sup, big guy? Looks like you’re somewhere else.”

I stretch the muscles around my eyes and blink a couple times. “Yeah…”

Father and Kyoko had gone to bed early, leaving me and Ritsu to watch television in the living room. I don’t even know what show we’re watching, too caught up in my own head.

“Sorry, Ritsu. I’m… just thinking about stuff.” I offer apologetically. She nestles into my arm with a tired moan.

“I think I get you. Kinda freaky how your dad was so nice, despite what you said.”

“Yeah…”

“I didn’t expect him to really have a silly Nobu moustache though!” She giggles and I join in, I am so glad she’s here to distract me from my melancholy.

“Right? If you‘re ever curious about the Sengoku period, you moustache him a question about it.” I joke, offering my best smile to reassure her and myself.

Ritsu slips off my arm and onto my lap in an uncontrollable fit of laughter. “Oh god, I think… you blew… my funny fuse!” She wheezes, squirming on the sofa as her head lolls on my thigh. I stroke her hair and she simmers down, looking up at me with her huge hazel eyes. “Thank you for coming, Ritsu.”

“Thank you for having me!” She giggles with an earnest grin. Our eyes linger for a long time and Ritsu slowly crawls up me, straddling my lap.

“Taro…” She whispers as she holds my face. I lean up and kiss her passionately, pulling her close with my good arm. Her hands run through my hair and my hand caresses her spine. She moans into my mouth as my hand wanders to her butt and squeezes through her tight white jeans. She’s pushing against me hard and we sink into the sofa. She playfully tugs my hair, breaking our kiss so she can kiss my neck. I inhale sharply as she kisses my right side.

“Sorry, sorry, forgot you were still tender. You okay?” She sits upright, peering at the bruise on my collarbone.

“Yeah, just… be gentle?” I plead, a coy smile creeping across Ritsu’s lips.

“Awww, poor baby. Got his ass kicked by a girl~” She gently pokes my ribs.

“Nngh, you and I both know that Miki is a girl in anatomy only…” I hiss with a small smirk.

“Oh, do we?” She raises an eyebrow. Now I’m in for it… “And how would we know that?”

“There’s no answer to that that’s not going to get me in trouble, is there?” I offer with a despondent look on my face.

“Nope!” She leans in and kisses me again. “But I’d give you points for a clever answer.”

“I’ll be honest, I’m having trouble thinking thanks to a lack of blood flow to the brain…” I sigh.

“Huh, I thought that was the remote…” She taunts me with mock innocence.

“Is it pushing your buttons?” I’m actually proud of that one, seems like Ritsu is too.

“Ooooh~ That was quite the comeback, Mr Arai…” She leans in close with a devilish smile, putting an emphasis on the word she wants me to use next for our flirtatious tête-à-tête.

“I’m not touching that one…” I chuckle. She leans in closer.

“Then touch me…” …Well played.

A curt ‘Ahem’ cuts through the air, shattering the amorous ambience. PleaseDon’tBeMyDad, PleaseDon’tBeMyDad, PleaseDon’tBeMyDad. I cautiously look around to see Kyoko in the doorway clad in a dressing gown.

Oh thank god…” I sigh. Kyoko, thankfully, is good-natured about finding her step-son and his girlfriend making out on her nice couch.

“I enjoy flirting as much as the next girl but I believe it’s time for you two to go to bed. You’ve had a long day. Ritsu, would you like to take Taro’s old room?”

“U-um, yes, please…” She mutters, face crimson in embarrassment.

“Great. I’ll find some spare sheets for Taro while he gets the bedroll.” She departs for the linen closet. Where the bedroll is. Huh.

“I guess I’ll see you in the morning?” I nervously chuckle. Ritsu smiles through her scarlet face.

“You will… G’night, Taro.” She gives me a quick peck and scampers out of the room and up the stairs. Kyoko returns and dumps the bed sheet and pillow on the sofa.

“Think you can get the bedroll yourself? When you’re ready of course.” I can only nod sheepishly. She chuckles softly.

“{Buenas noches}, Mr Arai…” God, strike me down.

Once I simmer down, I retrieve the bedroll and set up near the screen door. The night is serene, with the soft glow of the moonlight filtering into the room. I’m just drifting off when my phone vibrates.

[Your bed is super comfy <3]

[I’m glad you’re comfy. This bedroll is older than I am.]

[…Are you sleeping naked in the living room?]

[Boxers. I don’t want to greet the morning with a full moon.] I hear muffled laughing from upstairs. Fuck, these walls are thin. Almost thankful Kyoko stopped us now. Almost.

[Well your bed is super comfy, especially without unnecessary… restrictions.] Wait…

[You don’t mean… I thought you said you weren’t going to corrupt my childhood bedroom?]

[That was then. Now I have an awful case of sad vagina. (◕‿-) Sweet dreams, Mr Arai.]

I stifle a laugh and close my phone. Damn that girl.

I stir in the night as a harsh smell hits my nose. I look at my phone. [01:12am] Fuuuuck. I heave myself into an upright position and pull on my t-shirt and jeans, jostling with the screen door and stepping out into the moonlight. My Father sits there, slumped forward on the edge of the porch, cigarette in one hand, glass of scotch sitting beside him.

“Today’s been full of surprises.” I groggily admit. “I didn’t know you smoked.” I take a seat next to my Father, who nods at my presence. Seems he came out here to do some thinking.

“There’s a great many things you don’t know about me, my boy. This being just the tip of the iceberg…” He smiles slightly, taking another drag of his cigarette.

“So what’s the occasion?” I ask, idly picking up his scotch and swirling the amber liquid around in the glass before smelling it, the rich smell of candied strawberry and apple filling my nose. It smells fantastic. “It’s not often you break out the good stuff. Yamazaki, right?”

“How would you know what the ‘good stuff’ is? Let alone that this is a Yamazaki 12-Year?” He casts an accusatory glare at me as he plucks the glass out of my hand.

“There’s a great many things yadda-yadda-yadda…” I smirk. “You only buy Yamazaki, Father, and I don’t know if it’s good stuff but it certainly smells like it.”

We both share a chuckle and he offers me the glass. I shake my head and he nods. “Probably a wise choice, Taro. I’m glad you have a good head on your shoulders… And a samurai’s heart, judging by Miss Tainaka’s stories of your exploits.”

“That’s high praise. I’m honoured…” Crap, why did I say it like that? I said I’d try for Kyo--

“You should be. I could not be prouder of you, Taro.” He looks off into the distance. Proud of me? Since when?

“Since when?” Learn to shut your mouth, Taro!

My Father looks genuinely shocked by my question. Well done, dumbass. Things were going well and your fucking hubris just fucked up this entire week. My Father grimly nods a few times.

“I know what you think of me. Honestly, I cannot blame you… I’ve not been what most would deem a good father.” …What.

“When I lost your Mother…” He continues, his voice sombre. “I was in no shape to raise a child and by the time I was, Kyoko had done most of what I should have done with you. Telling you stories about your Mother, taking you to theme parks, comforting you when you had a nightmare…” He stubs out his cigarette.

I-I-I… have no idea what to say. To any of this.

“Even when we trained, I wasn’t really there for you. I failed the very Bushido teachings I was trying to impart and yet…” He looks to me with a small but all too sincere smile.

“You live by the virtues of Bushido everyday, just by being who you are. Righteousness, benevolence, loyalty, sincerity… Miss Tainaka’s stories certainly paint the picture of a fine young man with conviction and heart.”

“I… I was doing what I thought was right is all…” I mumble, suddenly and incredibly embarrassed by his kind words. And ashamed of my own feelings.

“I’m so sorry, Father…” I lament. “I had no idea you felt this way and all this time I resented you for not being there…” I hang my head in shame. "...I'm so sorry."

We sit silently for a little while before my Father rises and walks inside. I guess we’re done for toni-- I suddenly hear the soft clink of ice against glass. I look to find my Father holding another glass of scotch towards me as he sits beside me.

“Why?” I furrow my brow at him in confusion.

“Because I think we both need one. C’mon, give your old man the honour of sharing your first drink.” He smiles and I can’t help but do the same. I don't want to question why, not right now, because what matters most to me, right this very second, is that I have a Dad.

Clink.
Sharp-O

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 7/7/15]

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter Eighteen: Best Laid Plans… (18+)

The early morning sun is only interrupted by a flicker of shadow across my face. After a few too many, I reluctantly look at my phone. [07:35am] Son of a... I was hoping to sleep in. I pull on yesterday’s t-shirt and shorts, taking time to roll up my bed. Sliding the door open. The morning sun is blinding but when my eyes focus, I see my Father.

Despite being up late drinking with his son, my Father’s morning routine hasn’t changed, it seems. He wakes up early and practices kendo for half an hour. I think it’s the only time I ever saw him dressed in casual clothing growing up. I step out onto the porch as he brings the wooden bokken down swiftly in controlled strikes. I watch him intently as he displays the same practiced routine.

“Good morning, Taro.” He says, taking one final swing before placing the tip of the sword into the grass, placing a hand on the hilt like a cane. “Sleep well?”

“Well enough, thanks.” I yawn and stretch before rubbing my eyes. “Looks like you’re still in practice.” I smile.

“Indeed! Helps keep these old bones motivated!” He laughs. That’s still going to take some getting used to. “Have you kept up your training at Yamaku?”

I reach over the back of my head and pull my t-shirt off in one smooth motion, revealing the fading bruises on my collar and ribs.

“Ouch! Those look painful.” He comments, half-smiling. May as well give him the story.

“It’s my own fault, I went up against someone who’s seen Seven Samurai no less than twelve times!” I chuckle, my Father’s brow narrowing in thought.

Twelve, you say? Clearly he is a worthy of being a Shogun!” He laughs again.

She would probably prefer to be a Ronin.” I laugh and my Father looks shocked for a second before shaking his head with a smile. Joking with him is… fun.

“My, my, Taro. You’ve certainly got a ways to go before you conquer your foe.”

“I had her until… Well, let’s just say I paid the price for my arrogance.” I best not mention I was fighting with a foil. He‘d probably give himself a stroke from laughing.

“Then I hope you learned from this experience, my son.”

“I learned not to anger a woman who could, quite literally, beat me one-handed.” I shake my head and he roars with laughter. This new dynamic of ours is strange and wonderful, who knew my Father had such an impressive laugh. I’m brought out of my thoughts by cat-calls from behind me.

“Good morning, Taro! I didn’t realise I was going to get breakfast and a show!” Ritsu calls with a wink. “Oh! Good morning, Mr Arai. I hope you slept well?” She quickly changes gears and bows to my father.

“I did, thank you. And yourself?” He nods.

“Taro’s old bed is very comfy. Would you mind if I took the mattress back to Yamaku with me?” She giggles.

“It’s only your second day and you’re already planning to pilfer my belongings?” I raise an eyebrow at the unassuming girl clad in cute pyjamas at my side.

“And if I was?” She looks at me with cheeky grin and pokes my chest with her index finger. “What would you do about it, big guy?”

Try me.” I growl with a grin. It’s only another curt ‘ahem’ that puts an end to our flirting. This may become a running gag. Hope not.

“How about you tell me more about Yamaku over breakfast, Ritsu,” My Father interjects. “While my son puts some clothes on. Hide your shame, boy!” He chuckles.

“I’ve got nothing to be ashamed of.” I throw a knowing smile at Ritsu and confidently stride upstairs in my shorts, my t-shirt thrown over my shoulder. Ritsu followed me but split off into the kitchen, not before patting my butt though.

Kyoko joined us for breakfast shortly after Father left for work. He seemed delighted by Ritsu’s tales of Yamaku, asking me all sorts of questions as she went to get dressed and all the way up until he had to leave for work.

“Good morning, Kyoko~!” Ritsu calls as she prepares a mug for our late sleeper.

“Mmmmornin’.” She sleepily replies, taking a seat at the breakfast bar next to me.

I pat her on the back and she glares. “Why are you two so damn chipper?”

“Because it’s a pleasant day?” I offer with nervous smile.

“Yeah, if you don’t have work…” She grumbles, gratefully accepting the coffee from Ritsu. “What are you kids doing today?” Kyoko turns to me sipping her coffee while Ritsu looks at me expectantly.

“I figured we’d get the shrines out of the way first; if that’s okay, Ritsu?” I smile and she nods enthusiastically.

“Out of the way? Not one for history and culture?” Kyoko glares.

“Not one for tourist traps.” I smirk. While many of Nikko’s shrines are beautiful, they are notorious hot spots for tourists. “Plus I’m not going to blow my load on the first day by taking her to Lake Chuzenji.”

“It’s just a lake.” Kyoko scoffs, taking another sip of coffee.

“They’re just buildings.” I tease, earning a cuff upside my head.

“And this is Shinkyo Bridge, the sacred entrance to Nikko’s famous shrines!” I play the part of tour guide for Ritsu, who plays along like an eager tourist.

“Oooooh! It’s so red!” She laughs, miming rapid picture-taking with her camera. I shake my head. She takes one good one with me in the shot before we continue.

“For real though, it’s old as balls and this isn’t even the original bridge. This one is only about four hundred years old. Used to be off-limits for obvious reasons…” I gesture over the side to the churning river and rocks below as we step off the bridge. “But, as you saw, it’s perfectly safe now though they do require a toll for us to cross. It’s all part of the shrine visiting experience though!”

Ritsu has been attentive the entire time. Maybe I do have a knack for this.

“You seemed to be getting along with your dad more this morning.” Ritsu mentions as we head up the stairs towards our destination.

“Yeah, we had a {Heart to Heart} last night and got some stuff off our chests. Felt good actually. No fight, just… a father and son sharing a drink.”

“Underage drinking, Taro? Thought you frowned on that sort of thing.” Ritsu rightfully chides.

“It was just the one.” I throw up my hand in protest before my companion giggles.

“Okay… I‘m just glad this trip turned out well for you, big guy.” She grabs my held-up hand and interlocks her fingers. I softly smile as I gaze at my girlfriend. She’s sporting some long tan shorts, a white tank top, her spandex sleeves, a small backpack and even a baseball cap. A very cute tourist. “Why are you staring?” She asks, puzzled.

“Sorry, just thinking how cute you look.” I chuckle, her pale skin becoming red in the face and shoulders.

“I think that’s rather unprofessional, Mr Tour Guide!” She pouts in mock indignation.

“It’s just my job to comment on points of interest to the group, Miss Tainaka. It’s not my fault that you’re the most captivating thing here…” I stroke my chin, as if giving this deep thought.

“Keep using lines like that and you’re on your way to a smooch as your tip.” She sidles up to me and winks.

“Ma’am, please refrain from desecrating the shrines with your public displays of affection!” I can’t keep a straight face as I say it and end up laughing by the end.

“No tip for you then!” She giggles, running up the last few steps. She reaches the top and waits, gently rocking from side to side.

“However will I survive?” I ask, reaching the top, shaking my head with a smirk.

“By the mercy and grace of your loving girlfriend.” She grins, planting a kiss on my cheek and taking my hand. “So what’s next?”

We walked around for an hour or two before stopping for lunch under a tree facing the Futarasan Shrine. I sit leaning against the tree, gulping my bottled water while Ritsu sits between my legs, leaning against me.

“So what’s the story with this one?” She asks, mouthful of the bento we’d prepared earlier.

“Futarasan? Gimme a sec’…” I pause, trying to remember anything relevant from school trips here from the past. “I think this one is for the gods of Nikko’s three mountains; Mount Nantai, Mount Nyoho and Mount Taro.” I cautiously state, reeling off half-remembered facts.

“What was that last one again?” She casually asks, twirling her chopsticks as if to say ‘rewind’.

“…Mount Taro?”

Right here, Mr Arai?” She whispers, pressing her back against me more. What’s she… Oh.

“Very clever, Miss Tainaka…” I sarcastically compliment her, poking her side.

“Ow! C’mon! You can’t say ‘Mount Taro’ and expect me not to react!” She laughs, holding the bento back to me. I pick up a rather juicy looking piece of pork out of the rice and gobble it up. Ritsu pulls the bento box and then turns to stare daggers.

“You jerk! I was saving that piece ‘til last!” She pouts, pointing her chopsticks threateningly. I casually continue chewing with a smile.

“You should have called dibs. It’s very tasty, by the way.”

“Give it back, Taro.” She’s putting the bento down. She’s getting serious.

“Make me.” I grin before swallowing. I instantly regret it as Ritsu throws her entire weight at me, pushing me back into the slightly overgrown grass, putting her arm across my chest and sitting on my stomach.

“Look at that, I mounted Taro after all.” A wily smile forms on her lips before she stretches out along my body and kisses me deeply, our tongues performing their familiar dance. “You taste of pork, you bastard!” We share a laugh and she kisses me deeply again, moaning a little as my hand rubs her thigh. She breaks away crosses her arms over my chest, resting her chin on them and smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

“What did I say about desecrating the shrine?” I raise an eyebrow.

“You mean like I did to your room last night?” She cocks her head to the side with a wicked grin. Damn this girl… I seem to give her the reaction she wants though as she shifts her hips a little.

“I wondered how long it’d take you to hold that over me. You lasted longer than I expected…” I rest my head against the grass and close my eyes for a second.

“Like you weren’t curious~” She’s not wrong and the thoughts running through my head gives my body, and hers, another jolt. “Oh my~ You really are!” She giggles.

“If we weren’t in a shrine right now…” I breathe lustfully and Ritsu’s face lights up. Scrambling to her feet, she collects our things and stuffs them into our rucksacks. She holds out a hand to me as I sit up.

“C’mon then, Mr Tour Guide! Show me the secrets not in the guide books.”

We fly back over the Shinkyo Bridge, Ritsu holding tight as I lead her down the path alongside the Daiya River. She pulls herself forward to walk alongside me.

“So where are we going?” She grins mischievously.

“I’m taking you to the Abyss.” I give my own wicked grin.

“Oooh! Sounds scary!” She giggles. I look for the old break in the path and spot it, a little more hidden than I remember as a kid. For what I have planned, all the better. I part the branches and see the path is still there but overgrown with lush greenery. I take the first few steps down and find it as easy as I once did. I hold out my hand to Ritsu, who’s looking up and down the path.

“Care for an adventure, Miss Tainaka?” She gives one last look and beams, grabbing my hand gladly.

I forcefully press Ritsu against the moist rock face, the brushy alcove near the roaring river providing plenty of cover from prying eyes and ears. Her arms snake around my neck and she breathes hard.

“Haaaa~ How’d you know this place was here?” Her hips writhing as my hand explores her body. I kiss her passionately, pinning her between me and the wall as I relentlessly kiss her neck.

“Found it as a kid…”

“Remind me to thank Young Taro…” She giggles, raising her arms then moving her hands down to my hips as I pull her tank top off, tossing it toward the dry patch where our rucksacks sit.

“You can thank me.” I growl, pulling her in for another deep kiss as my hand deftly unclips her plain skin-coloured bra, throwing that to the side too. I grab her butt and hoist her up, holding her against the wall as I attack her breasts with my tongue. Her legs and arms lock behind me to keep her steady. Much like my little trick with her bra, we’ve had a lot of practice with this.

“Oooh, Taro…” She gasps as I squeeze her ass and focus my attention on her other breast.

“You shouldn’t have teased me back there…” I warn, posthumously.

“If this… is what I get… I’ll do it… MOOOORE~!” She cries, arcing her back as a wave of pleasure crashes over her. With her legs locked around me, she can grind to her heart’s content but her prize is just out of reach. I can tell it’s frustrating her as she tries to shimmy into a position she can feel it.

“C’mon…” She whispers. I leave her chest and lower her a little until… Contact.

“Thaaat’s what I want…” She guttural moans as she writhes against the bulge in my slacks. God I wish I could use my other hand, all I can do is hold her ass tight as she bucks wildly. I nip at her neck as she shudders violently and squeezes me tight, letting out a lewd groan from deep inside her. “Uuuuuh, fuck.”

She releases me, slowly steadying herself on the wall. I stroke the errant hairs out of her face as she catches her breath. “Done?” I ask, kissing her forehead.

“Just… getting started.” Her eyes flash with renewed lust as she grabs the bulge tenting out from my slacks, pushing me against the rock our stuff sits on. She runs her hand under my shirt with her left hand while she works my sheathed member with her right. See, this is what I’m talking about! I could do so much more with two-- “Haaaaa~” I gasp, her hand skilfully unzipping me and reaching into my boxers, taking hold of me fully.

“Someone’s happy to see me…” She smiles, working me in a practiced motion she knows will leave me speechless. “But then I already knew that… I’m very happy to see him too~” She licks her lips and slides down my body.

“Ritsu…” I sigh as she takes me easily into my mouth, my hand stroking her messy hair as she bobs happily, her tongue swirling around me like a python. Between her grinding and now her mouth, I don’t last long. A vulgar growl is her only warning but she just redoubles her efforts until she gets what she wants. The sensation is incredible, like my spine wants to crawl out of my back before a deep shudder puts it back in place.

“You were great…” I sigh, holding my hand out to help her up. She takes it and steps into a warm embrace. “So were you, big guy.” She gives an all-too satisfied grin before kissing me. “Awww, fuck. We really should have thought this through… It’s filthy in here, and our clothes are covered in muck!” She chuckles, picking up her tank top which has mossy green streaks across it.

“I have an idea how we can get clean and be dirty…” I look at my phone, it’s only [1:30pm] “If we hurry…” Ritsu’s eyes go wide as she makes the connection, putting her bra and tank top back, reinvigorated by my plan. I give her ass a pat as we make our way back up to the path.

We’re going home for a shower...
AntonSlavik020

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 6/7/15]

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Sharp-O wrote: “Right? If you‘re ever curious about the Sengoku period, you moustache him a question about it.”
GOD DAMMIT BARB!

Anyways, loved these chapters. Really nice, positive vibes after reading the foreboding Kagami update. Really glad Taro and his dad reconciled.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Sharp-O

Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 8/7/15]

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter Nineteen: …Often go Arai

The trip home was torturous. It took around forty-five minutes to get back and the pair of us were horny as hell the entire time. Ritsu was not helpful at all, constantly teasing me. At least she can hide her arousal. We at least managed to throw our dirty clothes into my room as we passed it on the way to the bathroom.

The heat from the water is heavenly, only matched by the heat of Ritsu pressed against me under the shower. True to my word, we are getting clean… We’re just being dirty about it. Our hands are sliding over every inch of each other’s bodies, the grime from the cave giving way to mango and vanilla scented body wash. I stand behind Ritsu and lather up her chest, making her giggle uncontrollably. Her breasts are slippery, my hand barely able to hold them. Ritsu’s butt is equally slippery as it squirms against the underside of my shaft pressing against her lower back.

“Lower…” Ritsu whispers as she presses her back against me. “I’ve been a dirty girl…” She giggles at her own joke while I shake my head with a smile.

“There’s only so many times you can say that before it stops being funny, y’know.” My hand slides down her stomach and between her legs. “You’re so wet…”

“I’m in the shower, dummy…” She gasps teasingly, her left hand thrown over her shoulder to touch my face while the right rubs my thigh.

“You know what I meant!” I bite her ear playfully as my fingers slip easily inside her, the fleshy pad underneath my fingers grinding against her clit. She grips the hair on the back of my head and digs her nails into my thighs but my hand just works her harder. I vibrate my hand quickly, my fingers’ position on her g-spot and the top of my palm mashed against her clit causing pleasure to ripple through her body.

Fuuuuuck~” Her gasps become erratic and she slides her right hand between our bodies and grabs me tight, the combination of body wash and pre-cum making my member slick and she finds it all too easy to stroke me.

“That… can’t be comfortable.” I groan into her ear.

“You do your job… I’ll do mine…” She breathes hard with a sly smile, squeezing me tighter for emphasis. Our hands unconsciously find a rhythm together as we approach our climax.

“C’mon, Taro… Togethaaaaaaah~” She’s cut off as her climax sends shockwaves of euphoria rip through her body like chain lightning, sending her arm into spasm which drives me over the edge and I erupt onto her lower back and hand. We remove our hands, holding them under the hot water as we kiss.

We smile and dutifully go about cleaning each other for real and after we finish up, dry each other off in my bedroom. I have a towel wrapped around my waist as I lovingly brush Ritsu’s skin, stroking the moisture off with a plush towel. Eventually, my libido gets the better of me and I start to squeeze her breasts through the towel as I dry her chest.

“You’re naughty, Taro!” She giggles, turning and wrapping her arms around my chest and kissing me deeply. “I thought we just finished our tie-breaker. This is most unorthodox!” She playfully scolds.

It’s true, since the day we played hooky, we’ve kind of followed a pattern. I play with her, she plays with me, then we play together. A pattern that’s accelerated and become more elaborate as we find new ways to play. This time… I’m going the extra mile.

“I don’t care,” I smile, dropping the towel to hold the face of the beautiful, naked, girl standing before me. I look lovingly into her eyes. “I want you, Ritsu. All of you.”

“T-Taro… You mean…” Her hazel eyes go wide as my meaning dawns on her before she closes them with a smile. “And you were worried that I’d corrupt the room…”

“You did.” I chuckle.

“Truuuue~ But this is…” She pauses, feeling the weight of her thoughts before gulping head. “This is a big step.” I realise my faux pas and kiss her gently on the forehead, pulling her into a warm embrace.

“If you’re not ready, then we won’t do anything more than we already have done.” I offer a reassuring smile, which she reciprocates and buries her face in my chest.

“You make it real hard for a girl to act sexy when you’re being this sweet, big guy.” She sighs softly, patting my chest.

“You don’t have to do that all the time…” I laugh as her stroke her hair. “Even though I love it when you’re so… aggressive.”

We stand there for a couple seconds before Ritsu looks up with a familiar devilish grin. She grips the towel around my waist and rips it off as she saunters over to the door to lock it. She turns, dropping the towel. We gaze at each other longingly.

“Let’s see how things go…” She closes her eyes as she nods. “Mr Arai?”

“Yes, Miss Tainaka?”

“Catch me.” She beams as she leaps towards me and sends us tumbling back onto the bed. It’s a sweet moment. Perfect even. Riiiiiight up to the point our combined weight hit the mattress.

CRACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-THUD

The wooden support slats of my childhood bed buckle and snap. The frame holds but we fall through and the mattress engulfs us. We lie in a shocked, naked, heap for what feels like an eternity, alternating between looking at each other and the chaos around us. We look at each one last time before smiles creep onto our faces and we burst into laughter.

“If this isn’t a sign, I don’t know what is.” I laugh, kneeling to inspect the splintered remnants of the wooden supports. We’d managed to clamber out of the chaos and get dressed before I lifted the mattress to assess the damage, Ritsu covering her moritfied face when I did.

“I’m so fucking sorry, Taro!” She seems mortified but she’s laughing a little so at least she’s not feeling too bad.

“To be fair, I’m pretty sure I did most of the damage.” I shake my head.

“How are we going to explain this?” She creeps over on her hands and knees, her face a brilliant shade of scarlet. She’s got a point. I can’t exactly go out and buy a new bed… I look at the boards and try to formulate a plan.

“They’re mostly clean breaks… And they are still attached to the frame…” I ponder aloud as I get up and walk to my closet, sliding it open and pulling several wide but short cardboard boxes out. I pull one around to the other side of the bed and kick it under the frame. Three boards lift most of the way and, with some coercing, are almost good as new.

“That’s genius!” Ritsu exclaims. “We could use a couple encyclopedias to level them off too.” She scrambles to my bookshelf and retrieves a couple thick volumes. I think this just might work. We spend twenty minutes arranging the underneath of my bed like a puzzle before replacing the mattress.

“Miss Tainaka, if you’d do the honours?” I gesture to the bed with trepidation. Ritsu nervously sits on the edge and then lies down. She rolls over onto one side and then the other. “Seems solid… Care to join me?” She laughs nervously.

“And undo all that hard work? Fuck no!” I laugh and take Ritsu’s hand, pulling her up and hugging her from behind. “I’ll be honest, this is not how I imagined this would go.”

“You know what they say about best laid plans…” She laughs, a little bitterly, before grabbing my hand and dragging me downstairs “C’mon, I think I need coffee after this little disaster!”

“Sure thing, I’m buying.”

“You broke the bed; you bet your ass you’re buying!”
Sharp-O

Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 9/7/15]

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter Twenty: You Can Never Go Home

After the bed-shattering incident, the rest of the week passes without much fanfare. Ritsu and I spend our days exploring, both my hometown and new places to play, while our evenings are spent with Father and Kyoko. The whole week has been much better than I envisioned. The final day comes and both my parents take time to see us off at the train station.

“Thank you for your hospitality…” Ritsu bows respectfully before being pulled into an affectionate hug from Kyoko.

“{De nada}, Ritsu! You’re always welcome to come again~! It’s been fun getting to know you.” She beams, her smile brightening up the cloudy sky. I take my Father’s out-stretched hand firmly.

“As weird as it sounds… It was nice getting to know you again, Father.” I offer a small smile and he laughs.

“Agreed and I hope you’ll come back for winter break?” His sincerity and new outlook is too hard to deny.

“You can count on it.” I nod. We trade partners and while my Father and girlfriend exchange pleasantries, I hug Kyoko tightly.

“Thank you for everything, Kyoko.” I whisper, burying my face in her shoulder. “I’ll miss you.”

“{Te amo}, Taro. Take care of yourself and look after that girl of yours, okay? She’s a keeper!” Kyoko grins, patting my shoulders. Ritsu and I board the Shinkansen and we wave as the train departs Utsunomiya bound for Hakone.

“Looks like you’ll be playing tour guide this time, Miss Tainaka,” I tease as she cuddles up to me.

“I guess so…” She seems… wistful.

“What’s wrong?”

“Considering how well things went with your parents, I’m just a little anxious about what’s going on at home. My big brother’s been sending me some weird texts…” She fishes her phone out and indicates the messages. All within the past two days. Tense atmosphere… Arguments… slammed doors… This doesn’t sound too good.

“Yeah… I can see why you’d be worried…” I grimly admit. The weather seems to concur as the heavens open with a torrent of rain. I give Ritsu her phone and wrap my arm tight around her. She buries her face in my chest and we stay there for a long time, listening to the hum of the train and the pitter-patter of rain on the window.

[We will soon be arriving at Hakone Station. Please prepare to disembark. Thank you for riding with us.]

The announcement rings out and rouses us from our nap. Lucky we didn’t miss it. We disembark and head for the main entrance while Ritsu checks her messages.

“My brother’s meeting us out front. Says he wants to talk to me.” Ritsu idly reads, visibly tensing up. I’ve got a real bad feeling about this.

“It’s going to be okay, Ritsu.” I offer my best smile as we exit the terminal and find a tall man in casual wear waving at us. Ritsu perks up a little and runs over, hugging him tight.

“Thanks for coming, Kengo! I missed you.” She says as I rest my luggage on the ground.

“It’s good to see you, sis. You must be this Taro I’ve been hearing about. Nice to meetcha!” He thrusts his right hand out and I offer my left with a tentative smile. He furrows his brow.

“Sorry, Kengo, I’m exclusively left-handed.” I half-joke and Ritsu chimes in.

“He can’t use his right arm, Kengo…” His face becomes crimson and he quickly swaps hands and shakes mine vigorously.

“Shit! I’m so sorry, man! Didn’t mean any offence.”

“None taken, a lot of people find it weird that I’m left-handed.” I smile reassuringly and he laughs along.

“I bet, hehe.” He disengages from me and turns to his sister conspiratorially. “Ritsu, about the home sitch… I don’t think now is the best time to be bringing your new boyfriend home…”

“Why not? It’s only a little fight, there’s no reason they can--” Ritsu says before being cut off.

“No, it’s really not the best time. Things are getting intense and I’d hate for Taro to catch flak just for being there.” He keeps looking at me, like he’s avoiding saying something in front of me.

“I’ll give you guys a minute, do you want a drink or anything?” I gesture towards the vending machines and they both decline. I walk over, trying my best to avoid over-hearing something I shouldn’t. I buy a can of warm coffee and crack it open, sipping as I sit on the bench next to the machine.

The siblings’ conversation is very animated but I still can’t hear them. Probably for the best. I place my drink to the side and retrieve my phone from my pocket. I send a quick courtesy text to Kyoko, saying we’ve arrived. I close my phone as I see Ritsu approach with my bag. I look to Kengo, who is loading Ritsu’s into his car.

“I’m sorry to do this to you… but my brother’s right. Things at home are too hostile to bring you in right now…” She glumly explains. Her posture is one of utter defeat.

“I get it, but I can always stick around in a hotel if you need me to…” I offer, taking my bag from her hand. She shakes her head but puts on a brave smile.

“No, but thank you for saying that… I know you’d do it too…” She wraps her arms around my chest and looks up at me with a small smile, her eyes betraying the hurt she's feeling. “I think it’s best that me and Kengo handle this for now. I’m sorry for having to turn you away when you’re already here…”

I place my hand on her cheek and shake my head with a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry about me, you’re clearly needed here more than I am. Just… be safe and if you need anything, call me.”

“Thanks, Taro…” She gives another brave smile and I kiss her deeply and tenderly, her arms wrapping around my neck as I bring her close. It’s all too fleeting as her brother honks his horn. I breathe a deep sigh.

“He might be apologetic for his faux pas earlier but your brother’s got no sense of romantic timing…” I sarcastically joke, a wry smirk forming on my lips.

“That’s what his girlfriend tells me.” Ritsu giggles a little before her face turns a little sour. “I guess I gotta go.”

“Yeah… Take care, Ritsu. I love you.” The words are spoken easily and without restraint on my part but they still hit Ritsu like a train. She gulps hard and smiles, kissing me again.

“I love you too, big guy.” She lets me go and steps backwards, not breaking eye contact. She looks like she’s glowing against the dismal rain, our shared confession of love recharging her. I hope she uses it well. We wave goodbye and I’m left alone. My phone buzzes and I read the text from Kyoko.

[Hope you’ll have fun there!] Hmm. I don’t have the heart to tell her what’s happened and I certainly don’t want to mope around there after a great week… I grab my bag and sling it over my shoulders. I walk back into the terminal, looking at the displays for the next train home. To Yamaku.

It’s the dead of night when I return, the rain doesn’t seem to have even touched this place. The familiar sights and smells are reassuring, it’s good to be home.

The campus security pays me no mind as I enter the dorms, the usually strict enforcement of curfew seems to become lapsed during summer breaks. It’s eerily quiet, most of the students must have gone home. There’s not even the hushed din of televisions in rooms.

I knock on one particular door as I pass it. No answer. Akio’s either asleep or he followed through with his plan to go see his grandparents. I slip into my room and take a quick shower before I go to sleep.

I wake around 10:30am, running through my morning routine before putting on some casual clothes and stepping out onto the campus. As I wander around looking at a meagre assortment of familiar but nameless faces, I wonder where my friends are. I flip through my phone contacts and send texts to the usual suspects, thumbing quick messages to each, informing them I’m back in Yamaku.

[At the grandparents, wide-load. How’d your trip home go? Why you not with Ritsu at her joint? - Akio]

[I took Suzu with me on a trip to the homestead. How’s the family? Did you and Ritsu have fun? (◕‿-) We’ll bring you back something nice, big guy! - Miki]

[I'm with Akio in Miyako. His grandparents are so nice, it's funny to watch his grandmother dote on him! I hope you’re having fun on your break, Taro. - Hanako] Huh, I guess she accepted Akio's offer. With Lilly gone, it was nice of him to do that and I'm glad she went to keep him out of trouble.

They’re all having a good time, that’s great. Rin doesn’t have a phone, that I know of anyway, and I don’t want to hassle Ritsu just yet… Damn, I’m fast running out of people I can talk to. Huh, never thought about how closely knit my circle of friends was until now. I get on with a fair few people who may still be here but I can’t say we’re close…

Fuck it. Shanghai.

I pass a couple of people I vaguely know on my way out of the gates, exchanging pleasantries as I go. The hill is serene as ever and the town still has the motley assortment of elderly who are polite enough to smile and say hello. It’s quite the charming little town.

The bell on the door of the Shangai chimes melodically as I enter and a familiar crash strangely puts me at ease. The place is empty so of course I’d startle Yuuko. I trace my hand along the counter and peer over to find her looking flustered.

“Good morning, Yuuko.” I smile at the hapless waitress. “Need a {helping hand}?”

“Um-um…” She ponders my offer, looking at the chaos around her before nodding, defeated. “P-Please, Taro.” I go behind the counter and help her reorganise the mess she made before she takes my order.

“One of your gorgeous lattes and whatever you want to drink, my treat.” That kind of shocks her.

“I-I don’t think I sh-should…” Yuuko looks around at the empty café, looking for nonexistent prying eyes.

“Please, Yuuko?” I smile, hoping that she’ll acquiesce. “I could use a friend right now.” There’s more in the words than I mean but it helps Yuuko come to her decision.

“Sure, Taro. Anything for a friend.” Her smile is the brightest part of my day and I’m happy that I’m not completely alone.
Last edited by Sharp-O on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HoneyBakedHam

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 9/7/15]

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Hmmm...very suspicious! I wonder what is going on at Ritsu's house?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Ritsu and I board the Shinkansen and we wave as the train departs Utsunomiya bound for Hakone.
Any special reason they're both living in one of the top tourism spots in Japan? :lol:
Too bad we don't get the tour this time around. It's really a beautiful place.
but you’re brother’s got no sense
your brother
[Lily and I went to her family’s cabin. It’s very nice! I hope you’re having fun on your break, Taro. - Hanako]
Lilly should have already left for Scotland by this time.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Not necessarily. Didn't Lilly say she would've used Hanako as a reason to stay, but she was showing some Independence from Lilly? No Hisao to change their paths, no changes to their mother-daughter relationship.