HoneyBakedHam

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 5/8/15]

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Sharp-O being old: now canon. :P
AntonSlavik020

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 5/8/15]

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:My opinion is that if something like this poses a serious problem in a relationship, there is something fundamentally wrong with the relationship in the first place.
They are just teenagers. We like to forget that we had our stupid, childish moments (especially in relationships) when we were growing up. Yes, they're like 18 and getting ready to graduate soon, but that doesn't mean to give them TOO much credit.
I was able to be emotionally mature at 18, but I guess I shouldn't hold everyone to that standard. That's probably why I have a hard time relating to that kind of drama since my teen years didn't include it.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Sharp-O

Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 6/8/15]

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter Thirty-Four: A Rude Awakening

~~~~Taro~~~~

“Yeah, Ritsu said the Nurse excused her from class today for sickness.” I explain during Monday’s lunch break. “Wouldn’t even let me see her yesterday because she was so ill. Didn’t want me getting sick.”

“That’s very considerate of her.” Hanako chimes in. Me, Akio, Hanako, Molly and Miki sit outside in the sun for lunch. We better enjoy it while we still can, the weather’s going to turn bad eventually.

“You want some?” I offer my bento to Miki, who seems to be going without lunch. Again.

“I can’t take your food, man.” She leans up on her elbows from her laid down position.

“I’m not going to waste away if I give you half my lunch…” I raise a brow with a chuckle and place the box on her stomach.

“You’re too good to me, Taro…” She sighs, reluctantly grabbing the box and sitting up. I offer her my chopsticks and she looks downright offended.

“Yeah, because using my chopsticks is the grossest thing you’ve ever done.” I give her a knowing smirk and she shrugs with a smirk of her own before taking them.

“Thanks.” She forks a bundle of rice and meat into her mouth and groans with satisfaction. “Mmmm, sho goo’!”

“Manners, Miki.” I playfully scold and she glares in a way that would be accompanied by a middle finger if her right hand wasn’t busy shovelling food into her mouth.

“M-Molly? You okay?” Hana’s voice makes me turn my attention to our resident Brit.

“Yeah…” She responds, failing to hide her despondent mood.

Booooy trouble?” Akio asks in a lilting voice as he leans closer to her. Molly sighs and nods.

“Do I get to kick someone’s ass today? Because I really need it!” Miki asks excitedly after wolfing down her half of my bento.

“No… That’s okay. It’s nothing worth an {arse}-kicking…”

“I thought you two looked like you were getting on well.” Akio says, raising his eyebrows and taking a drink. Molly looks at Hana a little sheepishly.

“It’s just… He’s so BORING!” Molly wails, flopping backwards onto the grass.

“Jeez, bored with him already? Who knew you were the type to hit and quit it.” Akio laughs before being cut short by Hana. She’s going to crack his skull open one day…

“He’s charming and quite funny and so {bloody} hot! But we have nothing in common! We had our first date yesterday… Hana came with me for support.”

Akio raises an eyebrow and turns his head slowly towards Hana, grinning like a madman.

“So that’s what you were doing yesterday!” He laughs, Hanako blushing slightly.

“Sh-she asked for my h-help. Not that I was much good…” She admits with a small sulk.

“I ended up spending half the time with her in a booth near the bathroom because I couldn’t think of anything to say to him. If nothing else, he must think I pee a lot.” Molly admits quietly, sitting up again.

“So you spent yesterday afternoon being Molly’s back-up date. I don’t know if I should be insulted or aroused.” Akio snarks, getting a laugh out of me and Miki.

“Believe me, she was a much better date… She even walked me home and gave me a kiss goodnight.” Molly says with a small smile at Hana, who giggles as Akio spits his drink out all over his pant legs.

Sonuva…”

“She w-was the p-perfect gentleman.” Hana cackles and Akio becomes more flustered, looking to me and Miki in desperation.

“Guys, little help? They’re ganging up on me!”

“You reap what you sow.” I shrug and Miki nods.

“Argh… I’m going to need to change my pants.” He sighs and gets to his feet. “The least you can do is help.” He narrows his eyes at Hana but offers her a hand all the same. She daintily uses it to lift herself up. “We’ll see you back in class, guys.” She smiles and waves.

“So where’s your other half, Miki?” Molly asks, scooting closer to me and Miki.

“We… had a fight.” Miki looks down.

“Really? What over?” I ask and she glances quickly at me out of the corner of her eye.

“Nothing much, we’ll hash things out eventually.”

“Well I hope you guys work it out…” Molly offers, feeling guilty about bringing it up.

The bell rings to warn that lunch is almost over and our little trio heads back inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~Akio~~~~

[Passing notes in class now? Congrats, you’ve officially graduated to bad girl.] I write and pass it back to Hana. Her shoulders silently quake in amusement and scribbles something down.

[I know! I’ve always wanted to do this ^_^ Are you going to the Lit Club meeting today?]

I look at the note and then to Suzu, who is jotting notes down at the front of the class.

[I’ve been ordered to attend so I have to. Think you can survive without me for a few hours?]

[I think I can manage… ;)] I chuckle quietly and respond. She looks at the note and turns a deep crimson. She jots one last thing down and holds it out between our desks with her left hand. As I reach for it, her grip lingers a little longer than before, letting the note slide easily between our palms.

[I love you too.]

The end of day bell rings out and I look at Hana with a warm smile and she demurely smiles back.

We pack our things away quietly, both smiling and taking glances at each other. We take a more scenic route to the club room, holding hands all the way and we kiss before separating. I enter the club room to see about half the membership.

“I’m back, bitches!” I raise my arms as I enter with a huge grin, one shared by the waiting Suzu.

We had a surprisingly productive meeting, all agreeing on a shared book to read before the next meeting. The members left one by one until only Suzu and I were left, the Club Prez curling up on the beanbag opposite me. I feel my phone vibrate and I answer.

“Hi, Hana. Yeah, I’m still in the club room.” I whisper, turning away from Suzu.

“I’ll be staying behind a little while longer. Yeah, she’s curled up like a kitten. Okay. Right, I’ll be over as soon as I’m done here. See you soon~.”

I smile as I disconnect the call only to be startled by the glaring eyes of Suzu.

“GAH! Jeez, you scared the fuck outta me…” I put my hand to my chest and steady my heart rate.

“Sorry for keeping you back…” Suzu mutters quietly.

“Well I had to, otherwise you’d never know what we were doing for the next meeting. You need to get your shit together and forgive Lezard already.” I state as I replace my manga amongst the other books.

“I don’t see why I should… I wouldn’t forgive you for dry-humping Hana in here.” She groans as she stretches and shivers run up my spine.

“We, uh, heh… Yeah, I don’t think we’d do that.” I mumble. Suzu tilts her head curiously before her mouth curls into an insidious grin.

“Like you’ve never thought about using a quiet club room for your own salacious needs…”

“Well… Maybe. But not while I’ve been with Hana. It’d feel… Cheap. You know what I mean?” I furrow my brow and look at the azure-haired Club President who looks shocked at my answer.

“W-well, good! Then I won’t have to put you on my shit-list too.” She brushes her school skirt a little before striding across the room.

“The fact that I’m not already astonishes me.” I laugh as the Club Prez gathers her things. “Anyway, apparently we’re reading some light novel called Toradora before the next meeting.”

“Who decided that?” She throws me an incredulous look.

“I suggested we start up a regular group-reading again and that’s what got the most votes.” I lament, pulling the last volume out of the stacks. “Luckily, Morii and Ayame said they’d share since I don’t think this trash gets translated into braille.” I laugh, tossing it to Suzu. She fumbles but eventually gets a tight grip on it.

“Lucky Morii… Why is this even in here?” She frowns.

“Fuck if I know, but it was one of two. I’ll borrow it after you.”

“Why do I have to suffer first? You should take this bullet for your President!” She tosses the book back to me and I simply toss it back.

“You snooze, you lose.” I smirk and she scowls, turning back to her bag.

“You have no idea…” She states with a twinge of sadness.

“You okay, Suzy?” I ask, rubbing her back gently.

“I’m…” She smiles ever so faintly before shaking her head. “I had a fight with Miki.”

“Oh. Well, I hope you got some good licks in.” I half-joke, perching my butt on the table.

“Are you implying that I actually got into a fist-fight with Miki? Or something a little more sordid?” She asks quizzically.

“Whichever one makes you laugh.” I cross my arms and close my eyes. “But either way, I suggest you kiss and make up.”

“She’s not my type.” She chuckles a little.

“I dread to even ask…” I snort with amusement and open my eyes. “Are you into tall, blonde and mute? Because I think Molly has one going spare.”

She looks at me a little bemused and I laugh.

“Never mind. You ready?”

“Yup. Got some place to be?” She asks, hooking her bag on her shoulder.

“Let it never be said that Akio Hayashi leaves a lady waiting.” I wink and she blushes.

“God forbid…”

~~~~Miki~~~~

I wave Taro off as he slinks out of the girls’ dorms. I guess his trip to see Ritsu wasn’t what he hoped. At least he got his hoodie back from Rin.

“I don’t know how he’s going to get the knots out of those arms one-handed…” Molly muses from her armchair and I laugh.

“You’d be surprised! He can tie a pretty decent knot so I assume he can undo one.” I say as I stretch my arms across the back of the couch.

“Speaking from experience?” A voice asks behind me. I crane my neck backwards to find the source.

“Hey, Ritsu! Taro was just here.” I say to the pale girl in her pyjamas. “You feeling better?”

“Not really…” She mutters, moving closer to us.

“I think I’ll head up to my room. I don’t want to catch the {lurgy}!” Molly laughs and waves to the both of us.

“What the hell is the ‘lure-gi’?” I ask genuinely. It’s bad enough when Taro’s speaking English, I don’t understand Molly’s Indian at all.” I chuckle.

“Mm.” Ritsu responds, moving around the sofa to stand close to the coffee table.

“You okay, girl?” I ask, leaning forward a little and Ritsu shakes her head.

“Can I ask you something?”

“…Sure.” I furrow my brow in confusion.

“Exactly how long were you and Taro dating?” Her eyes lock with mine and my blood runs cold.

Fuck.
Last edited by Sharp-O on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paflick

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 6/8/15]

Post by Paflick »

Not a whole lot to say, other than I'm loving it! Keep up the great work.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Wait, when did Ritsu get sick? Or is she just pretending so she can be all mopey and be full of jealousy?
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Paflick wrote:Not a whole lot to say, other than I'm loving it! Keep up the great work.
Thanks, Paflick! Glad you're enjoying the series and thanks for commenting :)
HoneyBakedHam wrote:Wait, when did Ritsu get sick? Or is she just pretending so she can be all mopey and be full of jealousy?
Definitely the latter. Stewing, one might say.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Sharp-O wrote:
HoneyBakedHam wrote:Wait, when did Ritsu get sick? Or is she just pretending so she can be all mopey and be full of jealousy?
Definitely the latter. Stewing, one might say.
They do say the way to a man's heart is a good stew. ;)
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

“Anyway, apparently we’re reading some light novel called Toradora before the next meeting.”
Toradora! 8)

Nice chapter as always Sharp!
One Shots - My stories thread.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Okay, a few things I need to say here before serious stuff.

1. Yay, Monomyth's back! :D
2. WHY DO ALL THE CHAPTERS COME OUT WHEN I'M ON HOLIDAY?!?!?!? Gahd. Please. *irritated noises* :x

Okay, enough of that, time to talk about things related to the story: EVERYTHING'S GOING WRONG OH GOD HELP!
Writing's still good, though. I agree with everybody else, Suzu vs Hanako is real. Same with Miki vs Ritsu. :twisted:

As always, interested to see where everything goes. :wink:

Also, can I just say that the Toradora reference makes me happy? Because it does. :)

Keep up the good work, Sharpy!
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The members left one by one until only me and Suzu were left
"Suzu and I"
I smile as I disconnect the call only to be startled at the glaring eyes of Suzu.
"startled by"
“Exactly how long were you and Taro dating?”
She's going to Miki with that question? Wouldn't have expected that, but good for Taro.
Well, at least she asked, so now this can be resolved :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

swampie2 wrote:
“Anyway, apparently we’re reading some light novel called Toradora before the next meeting.”
Toradora! 8)

Nice chapter as always Sharp!
Glad someone else got excited by that :)
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Mirage_GSM wrote:She's going to Miki with that question? Wouldn't have expected that, but good for Taro.
Well, at least she asked, so now this can be resolved :-)
Good for Taro that he doesn't have to deal with it? Because asking Miki about their past could really go one of two ways and neither are particularly favourable...

Can anyone guess why I chose Toradora as the book? :wink: