KS Writing Club: Cherry Blossoms (Updated 07/24/15)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

brythain

Re: KS Writing Club: Cherry Blossoms (Updated 07/24/15)

Post by brythain »

That's almost like a good ending. Nicely done. But there's more?
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

But there's more?
Uh... That's what I wanted to ask as well...
I know he said that this is supposed to be the last chapter, but it gives no explanation at all for Hanako's behaviour for the rest of the story, for her reluctance to talk to Hisao about university and everything.
There's a lot of build-up for some earth shattering revelation about some problem coming up, and now the resolution is basically: "Oh, and by the way, I want to go to the same university as you."
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Yeah, the whole thing feels like it's building up to some great conflict or revelation and it never actually comes.

Likewise the characters and even time of year feel dramatically different between writers. It makes it harder to get into the story.
Not Dead Yet