A New Dawn - A Miki pseudo-route [Chapter 5 added 25/06/16]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: A New Dawn - A Miki's love story [Story Updated 29/07/15

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Congratulations on your decision to do the translation yourself. It may be still rough, but it will get better if you stay at it.

One thing you hardly have to worry about being one-handed in Japan is eating. Almost all meals are prepared so you can eat them with chopsticks, and you only need one hand for those :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

Thanks for the information mate ^^
Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

Some news.

Well, we are on november and no update? Why? It's just because I can't write as longer as before. I have so much things to do in my life currently, and so.... My fic isn't cancelled at all, but I must find the time to write. So, sorry for that, but I'm trying to change this fact ^^

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
Razoredge

Re: A New Dawn - A Miki's love story [Story Updated 11/02/16

Post by Razoredge »

Sorry to have take so much time, but I'm an university student, so I haven't so much time.
I hope it's well translated ^^

Act I : Those who lived
Chapter IV : Painful mind, painful legs

Once again, I wake up with a start. But not because of a pain in the arm. I often have the same nightmare, concerning the accident. Always the same. I see myself in the car, and I slowly fall asleep. My arm was put above the pane, which was totally open, as every time I fall asleep in a car. I have no memories of the moments after the impact, and I always wake up at this moment, exactly, when I lose my forearm. My heart rate quickly increased, even though I try to breathe deeper, now sit on my bed, staring into space.

I think it will never leaves me alone. I try to do everything to forget, but the nightmares comes back. With a few break, but they are always in my head. Mom suggested me to talk about this with a psychologist, but I've refused. I have met some psychologists in the past, especially at school, for routine visits, and I don't trust them. Not at all. I don't know why, but that's the way it is.

Falling again on the back, I look at the ceiling. As if the answer of all my problems should be written on it. Of course, it's not the case. Only the darkness are visible, apart from the pale and frail light of my alarm clock. 3AM... That's not even possible... When will I be able to spend a quiet night? It's pointless to go out, everybody must sleep. Everybody... Except me.

“ Fuck... When all of this will stop?” I have sent out to the darkness of my room.

Then, I think about the four remaining hours of sleep, before I wake up. Four hours before getting dressed to go running. Sitting on my bed, I then bend down to take my bottle of water. I wedge it between my legs to be able to pull out the cork with a single hand. I drink several mouthfuls without a break. Enough to don't wake up after, I hope. I close it and put it down against my bed, and go to bed once again.

It was bound to happen... I must fight to sleep. And I'm rather bad in this game. Instead of simply stay in a position in my bed, which can favoring the sleep, I can't keep a position more of five minutes. And it has for effect to delay even more the fact that I can fall asleep again. But I don't want to think further, and I decide to wait, the sleep will come again after all. It happens a few minutes after, and I feel that my eyes can't stay open at all.

…....................

As usual, the bell of my alarm clock mugs me. I thought that it should be useful, but as days goes by, more I want to destroy it every time I hear it ringing. I wake up, of course, but I'm a little bit tired. The fact that I woke up in the middle of the night doesn't help by the way. Like yesterday, I eat some cakes, put on my sportswear and my sneakers, and I leave the dorm.

However, I'm surprised to see Miki on the path. I had in mind the idea that I would see her on the track, but it would seem that she wake up later than yesterday. Everyone has their problems, after all. I head towards her, and when I arrived next to her, I try to draw her attention. When she turned, I wave to her and giving her a great smile, which she returns to me.

“ Hi, Ekichi. You had difficulty in waking up too, isn't it?” she told me, with a mocking smile.

“ I doubt that I have the same reasons as you, but yeah.” My answer is friendly, but a little bit teasing.

“ This morning, you will run with me and Emi. You must know that you will never catch her up.” send out Miki to me, sticking her tongue out at me.

“ Catch Emi up is infeasible, of course, but catch you up... I can do it.” I answered her, adding a drop of provocation in my answer.

Miki doesn't take the trouble to answer, contenting herself with giving me a nudge. Reach the track doesn't take so much time, and I notice that Emi is already there. Wow, when she wake up, seriously? Waking up at 7AM for classes gives me murderous thoughts about my alarm clock, but if I should wake up even more early... I don't think that I would be able to do it. However, running is a reassurance. Waking up early just for running, I believe this is something that I will like during all my life. At least, I hope.

Emi run towards us and bounce up and down. As if she was about to ask us to run immediately. But it wasn't the case obviously. She's only pleased to see us. Nevertheless, I don't waste time, and I directly start to warm up and stretch. Then, I was joined by Miki, and finally by Emi, which didn't seems to like at all this kind of practices, but she does it even though, under obligation. It's make me smile a little. It's the first time, since yesterday, that I didn't see her smile.

Then, we head for the track without any waste of time. A quick count of ten seconds is started. Four laps. Nothing else. The same distance as yesterday. Emi is faster than us, and she rush forwards just before us. And she decree her pace from the start. Quick. Very quick. I will find it difficult to follow her, so I decide on slow down my pace with an eye to find my own pace. Nevertheless, Miki passe me.

At the third curve, I passe her anew, and I finish the first lap in the second place. Emi got a very good start on us, which she keeps, with a huge facility. It's breathtaking. In the middle of the second lap, I'm still second, but Miki is on my heels. Don't think. Just keep moving. Stride after stride. My legs begin quickly to make me realize that I still not have recovered my old level yet. But I deny the pain, and push it out of my mind.

“Don't give out, not now. Fuck, not now.” kept saying, forcing myself to continue.

As we can't catch up Emi, Miki and me quickly begin a back-and-forth. Sometimes, she's before me. Other times, she's behind me. And this until the midway of the third lap. Sweat is flowing along my face, while my heart rate bolt. My breathing becomes hard, my legs are on fire, but I must continue. I can't stop. I would lose face if this should arrive. While starting the fourth lap, I slow down my pace, I'm aware about the fact that I will not be able to keep pace otherwise.

But my efforts to keep a leg up of Miki pays. By next to nothing. She runs very well. Emi's too. They impress me, and I must admit that I must make continual efforts to stay in front of Miki. My legs seems to not tolerate these efforts anymore. I have also the impression that my heart will leave my chest if this race will carry on longer. Emi has finished her race for a while, and I arrive in the second place. I walk a little to try to recover my breathing, before falling on my knees. Then, Emi rushes towards me after pushing a little horrified squeak.

“Eikichi? Are you all right?” she asks me, completely panicked.

“It's fine. I just have painful legs. Never mind.” I answered to her, trying in vain to reassure her.

“You want to go to the nurse's office? I take you?” she says to me, still panicked.

“Emi, it's fine. Really. Don't worry.” I told her, with a really peaceful tone, putting down my hand on her shoulder.

I sit down on the grass, before falling heavily on the back, falling flat on my back. I recover little by little my breathing, and Emi seems to slightly calm down. But she still very pale. Still worried. Mike seems to be lost, and she don't know what to say. I feel a little ashamed, to be honest. I didn't want that to happen, at least not with Emi and Miki. But I can't control this, I just have to make do.

Finally, I breath normally. But the pain in my legs doesn't seems to stop. It's bearable now, but it was enough powerful to make me fall. I shouldn't have to force. I really want to slap myself for being so stupid. And I can't stand when people are worried for me. The mental picture of Emi who helped me last night during the meal comes in my mind. Why does my mind have to assail me with this kind of thoughts when it's not the moment?

I sigh. The wind is rising, and it's good. With the ambient silence, I can think that we could stay here all the day. Except that we must return in classes. I sit, cross-legged, and I feel that my muscles prick. I don't know how I will return in class, but I will. However, Miki seems to commiserate with me when she sees me forcing out because of my legs.

“Hey dude, are you all right? You think you can drag yourself to the classroom?” asks Miki to me, obviously affected by my condition.

“Don't worry. I will take the time to do it, but it will be fine. We go to the shower, or we wait a little?” I told her, with an unclear smile, which is, I hope, comforting.

“We should go to the shower. It will does you good.” send out Emi, with her usual happy tone.

I stand up with difficulty, and begin to walk slowly, in their company, to the dorms. They leave me in front of the entrance of my dorm, and I climb the stairs to get to the first floor. When I reach my bedroom, I take off my sport shoes, take my school uniform, a towel, and I head towards the shower.

However, I spend more time than usual in the shower. Especially to try to relax my muscles. The hot water doesn't seems to have an effect immediately. I quake in advance when I must cool the water down. Even in summer, I can't stand a cold shower. And I absolutely don't know why. The fact remains that I can't stand cold water.

I change quickly-done, return in my bedroom to throw my sport clothes on my bed, take my school stuff and then, I head towards the main building. Walking slower than usual, that's right. Climb the three stairs is worse than I had expected. Everybody passe me, obviously, except a person. What's her name, again? Oh yes! Hanako. Thank you, Miki.... Thank you.

However, Hanako walks slower than me. I don't think that she does some sport, therefore the reason must be private.I leave her the time to reach me, talking quietly to not terrify her, because she climbs the stairs looking at her feet, and she doesn't seems to notice me for now.

“Hi Hanako, sleep well?” My tone is extremely quiet and friendly. Unconsciously, I treat her carefully, her attitude shows me that I mustn't push her around.

Yet, she jumps when hearing me. She hides a part of her face with her hand, looking down. Hanako hurts my feelings. I have seen a lot of shy people, but she surpasses them all. But I smile when her eyes look into my eyes, during this very short second. Nevertheless, she answers me, with a very low tone, barely audible.

“ Ye... Yeah, an... and.. you?” she answers, in a whisper.

She makes a lot of efforts to talk instead of run away. It makes me smile. If she has answered me, maybe she has felt she doesn't need to be afraid of me. Or a lucky break. I don't know.

“Not really, but it's fine.” I told her, smiling.

The silence is omnipresent, when we arrive in class. It looks like everybody is there, yet. Hanako keeps her distance with the door, leaving me go into the class first, following me, keeping a low profile. Mutou gives a little sigh of exasperation seeing me, but he don't makes any remark seeing my latecomer comrade. He hides badly a smile seeing her, and he asks to us to sit down. I slowly head towards Miki, whereas Hanako quickly goes to sit down to not draw attention on her. The lesson begins in this way, with a peace which does me good.

…..................................

In the middle of the lesson, Miki seems to be absent-minded. It should be said that I have felt that she was affected by my shape after the race. From time to time, she glances at me, wanting to say something, but she doesn't find her words. Maybe she can think that she's responsible of that, but I want to reassure her. I wait that she glances at me once again to talk to her, always making sure to whisper.

“ Miki, cool it. It's fine, don't worry. I haven't run since two months, it's normal.... I believe.” I told her, trying to reassure her.

“ I know, but... It wasn't wise, Eikichi.” answers me Miki, trying to justify herself.

“ Don't worry. I want to recover my best level, it will be painful, but I will do it.” My resolution is clearly legible on my face at this time.

“ Good state of mind. If you need help and advices, you can count on me, you know.” says Miki to me, giving me the thumbs up.

The remainder of the lesson passes swimmingly. Then, Mutou gives to us a few homeworks, and leaves the classroom. We are waiting for the next lesson, but I see Hanako who runs away. We open our eyes by surprise. Obviously she didn't expect that. Then, she looks at me, always as surprised as me.

“ I don't understand. We don't have done any group work, nobody has talked to her, I really don't understand why she has run away.” she told me, glances at the classroom.

“ It happens frequently that Hanako leaves the classroom?” I asked her, slightly curious.

“ Hanako is a troubled mind. Given that she's extremely shy, it doesn't make anything better. But usually, she only run away when we work in groups.” answers me Miki, who is bewildered by this situation.

We don't talk about this anymore, and the teacher comes in the class, giving the beginning of the lesson. Miki looks at my notes and kindly makes fun of my handwriting, before putting her hand on my shoulder. I don't really like english lessons, but I listen... more or less. My pronunciation is decent, but I really have difficulty in writing it. My marks proves it. But I don't complain, my average was proper. I have no reason to lose it.

I think that during lunch break, I will go at the library. I must search some books. As well, I must remember to give my books back, shortly. I read quickly, but I don't count on giving only one book back. The minutes pass slowly, too slowly. At the end of the lesson, I'm one of the first to go out. I head towards the library.

Although we're in April, the weather is really good. I hope it will keep up the good work. I will stroll in the park, one of these days. The way towards the library is not very long, but I take my time. I know I will not be late, as I would expect, at the lessons of the afternoon. Unless I would be distracted. Walking into the library, I don't see a lot of people. I love the silence which usually prevail in this kind of place. Even if, in the distance, can be heard some echoes of lively conversations in the gardens of the school.

I look for some unknown titles in the aisles, stopping when one of them please me, and I read the summary. Of course, it's not a good way to read a book, but it never let me down, for now. Furthermore, I really don't like the traditional methods. I don't borrow these books, because I don't have finished to read the others, but I note these titles in a corner of my mind, hoping to remember these ones when the time comes.

I wander in other aisles, in the same hope to discover good books. But this time, I haven't found what I'm looking for. Nevertheless, when raising my head, I see a well-known face, half hidden behind a book. Hanako is alone, reading a book, however, she seems to be on her guard. I slowly approach her, to give her time to get used to my presence, in order to not terrify her. I have already talked to very shy people, and I have never had problems with them. Perhaps my method will work with her, but I don't know.

I bend down, putting a knee on the ground, grimacing in pain. But this way, I'm on her level, theoretically, she shouldn't be terrified. Then, I speak with a very quiet and friendly tone.

“ Hanako, are you ok? What happened to you?” I told her, with a very sweet tone.

As I would expect, she didn't say anything. She seems to be surprised that I'm here to ask her this question. I'm really the only one to ask her this kind of questions? Nonetheless, she didn't run away, but she's obviously anxious. I feel guilty to bother her, but I'm a very anxious person when I see people run away like her. In that case, if I can support her, why not?

However, she slightly lower her book, very little, to hide a large part of her face. Hanako seems to lightly calm down, while she stays anxious. She appears to try to find her words, before to answer me.

“ Everything's... fine... I'm well... really.” she answers me, without belief.

I don't insist., but it looks like she want to say something else. She pauses, surely to remember something, or to know what she must say. I give her time to do this, and she breaks the silence, shortly afterwards.

“ You're.... Eikichi, right?” asks me Hanako, with an extremely shy tone.

“ Yeah. I will not bother you any longer. If you're fine, that's what matters.”

I know it's not the case, but I don't want to force her to speak. I know it would be useless. On the other hand, I'm happy that she remembered my name. It was what she looked for. I kindly smile, and she seems to calm down a little more. Do the other students bully her? She seems to be afraid of the others, this point of view can be conceivable, but I really hope, for her, that it's not the case.

“ But... You don't disturb.... me” told me Hanako, nearly in a whisper.

I notice that she have difficulty in expressing sentences. I don't insist, after all, if she want to talk to me, I would see it. But she don't reject me. I smile, once again, before rising, to let her read her book. She takes a glance at me, sometimes, before resume reading, when my eyes meet her own.

I leave as slowly as I come, leaving the library shortly afterwards. The afternoon's classes will be long, I think, because I don't like them so much. But I don't plan to skip classes. I take my time to wander in the halls, waiting for the bell, to go in class. The pain in my legs was too strong, when I talked to Hanako, but I have grit my teeth. It's ironic. I always have my legs, I can walk and run, and I make sure to hurt me during a race... It's pathetic...

However, I savor the fact to still have my legs. Some students doesn't have this chance. I'm like them, nonetheless, I have lost my arm. Otherwise, I shouldn't be here. I carefully become aware that I'm like them, and that this school becomes my new home. If the adaptation must be like this, then, I will not complain. I slowly tame this new background. Even if a lot of things seems odd to me. But here.... It's normal. We are normal. Weakened, but normal. I mustn't take my disability as a fatality, I know it, but sometimes, I think about my old life. And it miss me...

The bell surprises me. I go back in my classroom, for the afternoon's classes. I hope that my tomorrow's race will be less painful for my legs. Running is a pleasure, that's right, and I wouldn't like that it becomes a torture. I remember that running was painful for my legs the very first days, but then, the pain disappear. I know it would be the same, but it will take time. And I plan to take my time. And maybe, one day, I would be a great member of the athletics club. I hope, in any case. Running with Miki is quite good, it offers me a good challenge. The challenge is a great enjoyment for me, and I will not surrender. This word is not in my vocabulary.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, it is an improvement over the last chapter.
In fact most of the grammar is actually not bad at all - except for verb forms. Tenses, Singular and Plural, 3rd person S or Gerund are all over the place, but if you get that under control it will be a huge improvement.
And verb forms are MUCH easier in English than in your native French or my native German :-)

If you want me to give you some pointers upload the chapter in google drive and send me a PM.
Last edited by Mirage_GSM on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

Thanks ^^

Yeah, I will do it, because I really want to improve my english, and with this, I can do it.

So, thanks for your proposition. I will do it.

Razoredge

Re: A New Dawn - A Miki's love story [Prologue updated 22/04

Post by Razoredge »

Just a quick update.

The prologue is updated, for, I hope, a better translation, and I'm on the 5° chapter of the first act. I know, it's slow, but I can't take all my time for that.

I hope you can understand, and I hope you enjoy what I write :D

Razoredge

Re: A New Dawn - A Miki's love story [Prologue updated 22/04

Post by Razoredge »

A little information : If someone wants to make some fanarts about the scenes depicted in this story : You can do it. Many of you do some beautiful things, and if someone likes my story to the point of making fanarts, it will really warm my heart.

Act I: Those who lived
Chapter V : Recovery begins

At the awakening, my legs are still painful. Even if it's less annoying than yesterday. It was very difficult to walk. But I think I will be able to run. I will just run slowly today. At least, I think so. I know it will not be the case. That I would do everything to stay ahead of Miki, knowing perfectly well that I wouldn't be able to catch up Emi. And if it's too painful, I will see the nurse, it's not a shame. Although, I wouldn't like to be assisted by Miki or Emi, if something like that should occur, I would feel useless.

I woke up earlier today. It permits me to eat a little bit more. I rather neglected the breakfast since I entered Yamaku and I have no excuse for that. This meal is very important, and I have no excuse to miss it. I eat more cookies, which is basically inadequate, but it's nourishing. I don't have orange juice, and anyway, water is more than enough for me in the morning. When I'm satisfied, I pull on my sportswear, lace my sneakers, and I go out. A regular routine.

However, which is not usual, it's the fact that I don't see anything, after I collided with someone in the hall. Once I get back my sight, I see the culprit. A guy with glasses, and who wear a scarf. Seriously? In the middle of April? I begin to stutter some apologies, but he catches me off-guard, and begins to mumble something that I can't understand. I slowly rub my chest, trying to regain consciousness.

" Hey, dude, are you ok? Fuck, we need to watch where we go." I told him, with a friendly tone.

" No, it's not alright. I managed to escape their attacks all night long and you rush at me. So, it's not alright." he answers me, very coldly.

“ Wait a second... What do you mean by “their attacks”?” My mind tries to understand, in vain.

“ The attacks of these fucking feminists, dude! They're everywhere! Ready to rush at us behind our back. They're really dangerous.” he told me, seemingly really serious.

However, my mind can't think that he's serious. Then, after the declaration's shock, I'm stunned by the way he seems concerned by this “problem”. Since when the feminists are dangerous extremists who are ready to kill men? This said, this vision is funny. A sane mind would know that something like that would can't happen, and I must restrain myself from laughing. He don't see that, fortunately.

“ I need, at all costs, to survive to these attacks. The survival of humankind is concerned, dude. I'm the only one who can foil their machiavellian plans.” he says to me, visibly proud of himself.

“ I see. It seems really serious. Thanks for the advice, dude” I answered him, with a joke tone.

He leans towards me, as if he wants to analyze me. It's pretty quick. Do he makes this to everybody, or just to people he doesn't know? Considering his expression, I don't want to know. Finally, he moves backwards, and he searchs something to say. It's a little embarrassing to be looked hard, but I don't think I can hold it against him. Who knows what an angry man can do? And I don't want to know. My strange interlocutor sighs, scratching his hair.

“ Oh fuck, sorry dude. I'm Kenji. Kenji Setou.” he says to me, holding his right hand.

At the time, I'm disturbed, and I don't know what to do. It seems that he don't see my stump, which means he's a visually impaired person. I don't know if I must take it well, but at least, he can't see my expression. I shake his hand with my left hand, as I can, and it seems to disturb him a little. So what? I can't blame him for that. He can not be used to this. But I'm a little bit shocked. He's a student in a school for disabled students. This said, I have nothing to say. I'm not used to this too.

" Eikichi, Eikichi Omura. Nice to meet you dude." I answered him, shortly afterwards.

However, he's still disturbed. What did he expect? I have to justify myself for this? I don't really want to talk about my disability, especially with someone who I have just met. And what would I say if I knew him better? "You see, I have lost my arm in a car crash." Is it really a thing to say? I don't know if it's an implicit rule here, but I have always thought that I don't have to ask. Everyone can have a dark side, it's a personal and private thing. I don't think it will be well seen if I ask to every student "why are you here?"

He took leave of me shortly afterwards, after having wished me a good day. Well, if I am late, Miki and Emi will give me hell. I wonder if the explanation that Kenji collided with me would be seen as a good excuse? I will see. I leave the dorm and I head for the track. The pain in my legs is still present, but it's really bearable. More than yesterday, at least. If I don't bear the race of today, I don't think it will be serious. With the Kenji's feminists delirium in my mind, I finally see the track, after a walking as long as usual, in other words, really short.

I wave to my race partners when I arrive at the track. Well, I'm late... Miki seems to laugh at me, given her expression, while Emi seems to be angry, looking sternly at me. It's just an impression, because a few seconds later, her usual smile shine again. Fuck, she scared me. She's really skilled. I humbly apologize for my lateness, which is useless, because we stretch. I hate this, but I need to do it. I have always found this stupid. Happily, it last long enough, and then we can run.

Then, our race starts. As usual, Emi goes past us, and Miki tries everything to overtake me. And she succeed, because I run slower today. She seems... to mock me. I don't doubt she makes it for fun, but my mind isn't agree with it. Why? I don't know. On the other hand, I know that I hate this kind of sensation. And I focus on overtake Miki. In this way, I speed up my pace, and the pain in my legs grows. Oh fuck... Not now... I must carry on, I mustn't give up, and finish this race. So, my pace is regular. Sometimes, I run slower, other times, I run faster. But Miki stays in front of me.

“ Fuck, dude, don't give up!“ I told myself.

However, I breathe better than yesterday. At least, I think so. But my legs are still painful. And we are only in the middle of the second lap. II grit my teeth, and I carry on, I hope I will finish this race. Sometimes, when I run, some lyrics of a song come in my mind. I know that I'm really bad in English, but these lyrics have a specific echo in my mind. "Things have never been so swell. I have never failed to feel... pain." I don't know why, but You Know You're Right comes frequently in my mind when I run. Surely for the pleasure and pain mix.

When I reach the third lap, I really feel that my breathing is better. I speed up my pace a little, but my legs command to me to slow down. I respect it, and I don't run faster than usual. After all, I will make progress. My legs will be less and less painful. Nevertheless, the idea of progress, for someone who was used to run, is distant. At least, for me. I wouldn't thought that I had to progress. My two months in the hospital have proven me the opposite. And it has affected me a lot.

Miki have a good lead. She runs very well. I'm admiring of her and Emi. Emi has lost her legs, but she runs very fast. I never thought I would be able to see someone with prosthetics can run as fast as her. I even forget the pain in my legs, because I admire her way of running. This said, it's rather frustrating that girls can run faster than me. I wasn't used to this. After all, this is not a common school. I will get used to this.

In the end, we reach the final lap. I run as fast as I can during this final sprint, but Miki is so far away. Oh, she must have a few seconds lead, but in my condition, I don't think I will be able to catch up. Emi is in the last curve, when I'm in the second. As usual, she's the faster of us, and I don't think I would be able to change this. She seems to take the race to heart. A few seconds later, I'm the very last to arrive, but at least, I've finished my race. Contrary to yesterday, I don't fall down. The pain is strong, but I grit my teeth. I cope. Even so, Miki seems to become aware of my condition.

" Eikichi, you want to go at the nurse's office, for your legs?" she asked me, with a friendly tone, however lightly disturbed.

" Yeah, I think I must to go. It's less violent than yesterday, but you never know." I told her, trying to reassure her.

So, we head towards the infirmary building, slowly, because every quick walking will amplify the pain. Anyway, I'm happy, I would have thought suffer much more during the race. They stay near of me, in the case where I fall, but they were kind enough to not help me too much, and they let me manage by myself. The outward appearance of the buildings is similar, which is troubling. I had difficulties to say what's the main building and what are the outbuildings. But I think it's well, for now.

Then, we arrive in front of the nurse office. I knock on the door, and a few seconds later, we can enter. When he sees Emi, he smiles at her. They know each other, at first sight. When he sees me, he is sceptical. I can understand him, I have never seen him before. Emi and Miki move backwards, and I introduce myself to him, naturally.

" Omura, Eikichi Omura. I arrived at the beginning of the year." I told him, with a cheerful tone.

He goes back to his desk, rummages in his recent files and finds mine. He snaps his fingers, and asks me why I am here. He must expect that I will talk about the pain in my arm, but I intend to talk about the pain in my legs. I search for my words, and when I have found them, I open my mouth. I hope I will not be ridiculous in my explanation.

“ In fact, I haven't ran for two months, I began again less than a week ago. My breathing is good, for now, but the problem is... my legs.” I explained to him, showing them with my forefinger.

He seems to be somewhat disturbed by my answer. Perhaps he really expected that something happens to my arm. But today, it's not the case, and I bless the days when I don't have any pain in the arm. Even so, run without any pain would be significant. He invites me to sit on a bed. I hasten to do what he asked me to do, with all the speed that my legs can give me. I expect that he will asks me questions about my pain, and it comes fast.

“ So Eikichi, does it only painful when you run, or even when walking? When moving too?” he asks me, smiling.

“ In fact, as soon as I move. At rest, I feel almost nothing, it's only when I start moving that the pain comes. Anywise, it's much more bearable than yesterday.” I answered him, with a serious tone.

He mentally note these informations, always smiling. I find Mutou's smile quite weird, but the one of the nurse is even more weird. I have the impression that they force themselves. He turns back, searching for something. When he comes back, I can see what he have in his hand. A few towels and some ice. I should have expected it. It's a basis treatment. How could I be so dumb? I couldn't think to this? He offers these things to me, and I put them on my painful legs. The touch of the ice on my skin, even separated with a towel, makes me shiver. I hate the cold. But it's much more bearable than a cold shower, for me.

“ I don't think I will forbid you to run, but just try to run slower than usual for a few days, and everything will be alright.” he told me, winking at me.

“ Prevent me from running... It's like a jail for me. I don't think I could manage to get over it, if something like that should happens.” I anwsered him, always with this serious tone.

The nurse doesn't seems to be surprised. It must be explained in my medical file that I love to run. Prevent me from running would be doomed to failure. The two months at the hospital were a hardship for me, my mother was a great help to me. This said, prevent me from reading could have the same effect. Miki and Emi seem to be less worried when they see that I'm fine. I appreciate their sollicitude, but I can't help myself from feeling some embarassment in this situation. We stay here around ten minutes, then he esteems than we can leave. This being said, he writes me an absence note, and one for Miki and Emi. We thank him, and we dash to the dorms.

…...................................................

The nurse's absence note is helping. Mutou doesn't make a comment about my lateness, but I see that Miki is already here. She was quick. And so, the long class of Mutou begins, sometimes punctuated by the loud complaints of the pink haired girl. I give a discreet nudge to my neighbour with a tie, asking her this girl's name. It didn't take long for the answer : Misha. I still come to ask her the names of my classmates. I find this natural, because she's the first person with whom I spoke, and she's my classmate.

The class slowly finishes, just like hours during the day. Sometimes, I surprise myself by nearly sleeping. I hate this. I don't like falling asleep during the classes, however, some lessons are boring for me, and I have trouble to concentrate myself. I can't wait to finish classes and go to sleep. For a reason that escapes me, this day tired me much more than usual. I just hope it's temporary. I would not like it happens every day.

The final bell liberates me. Miki seems to be tired too, but less than me. Nevertheless, we head together towards the dorms. None of us speaks until the half of the way. Then, she speaks first.

“ I have to say, you impress me during History lessons. You seem to be well into this.” told me Miki, savouring the slight wind.

“ Yeah, it's a domain which captivates me. I can spend hours with a History book without being bored.” I answered her, smiling to her.

“ In that case, you should get on with Hanako.She spends a lot of time at the library when she's not with the tall blonde.” she says to me, lightly laughing.

She must make a reference to Lilly. So, Lilly and Hanako could be friends. It's something I can understand, but I don't know why. If I begin to try to understand why people are friends, I will not see the end. That's not my business. Lilly seems to be very kind to me, just as Hanako, in spite of her apparent extreme shyness. I whistle an ordinary tune during a part of the remainder of the way, before speaking again.

“ I think that the maths teacher is not basically tedious. He's just weird. Is he really like that all the time?” I asked her. This question was in my mind for too long.

“ I really don't know. Maybe, but honestly, I hope for him that it's not the case.” she answered me, laughing more than before.

Miki's laugh is refreshing. And contagious. I can't prevent myself from laughing too when I hear it, but also when thinking of the maths teacher, in his boring form, but in everyday's life. It's stupid, I am well aware of it, but what can I do about it? I must savour this kind of moments, and I truly savour it. Sometimes, I think about my old life, but it happens less and less frequently. I don't forget my friends, but I can't exclude the idea of making new friends.

Once we reach the dorm, Miki mocks me. Surely because of my tiredness. Necessarily, I return her the favor, notifying her of her tiredness. She sticks her tongue out at me, wishing me a good night, with a big smile. I smile at her too. We split, to go in our respective building. Arriving in the first floor hall, I think about my morning encounter. Kenji's face, with his scarf, surprising at this time of year, comes to my mind again. I laugh, thinking about his speech. He doesn't seem to be nasty, but if he is really tenacious about his conspiracy, I think I should be suspicious of his speechs.

I climb the stairs, faster than yesterday. The pain remains, but less. Entering my room, I throw myself on my bed, lying down a few minutes. To chill a little, and clean my mind. It works like a charm. My books taunt me, and I stand up to open my window, in order to have some fresh air to start on my reading. Then, I open my book about the Second World War, which mocks me since a few days. This part of the twentieth-century is one of the most interesting periods, in my opinion. And it's always with a great pleasure that I read a book concerning this period.

My evening will be like this. Reading, meal, reading, and then I would go to bed. I would try to go to bed early, but it's only an illusion. Reading can keep me awake all night long. I should make an effort to go to bed early. However, with my fatigue, I don't think I can make a sleepless night. I lie down on the side, reading page after page, discovering new informations, sometimes remembering the ones I have forgotten. I have not the notions of time, while I bury myself in the history of a war who has plunged Europe then the World in an endless night.
Last edited by Razoredge on Fri May 05, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oddball

Re: A New Dawn - A Miki pseudo-route [Chapter 5 added 25/06/

Post by Oddball »

The translation is a bit clunky, but I think you're already showing some improvement there. I'm glad you ditched the script style. It reads much better without it.

I don't think your first chapter was needed at all. It didn't do anything to really set things up other than making the character feel like Hisao. That's something you need to watch out for. Your guy is NOT Hisao and shouldn't act like him or react to others the same way he did. Keep him who he is.

Likewise, I cation you against making him too much like Miki. We already have one Miki. I'd actually make a point to bring out the differences between the two.
Not Dead Yet
Razoredge

Re: A New Dawn - A Miki pseudo-route [Chapter 5 added 25/06/

Post by Razoredge »

Thanks for your advice buddy. And forgive me for answering so much later.
I'm already in the Third Act in French, so, I hope it will be better, yes, it's a hope XD