Yet another one-shot thread

WORDS WORDS WORDS
Scroff

Re: Yet another one-shot thread

Post by Scroff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:19 pm

You've zoomed in on the significant factors and in the spirit of constructive discussion, as opposed to me trying to argue that I'm "right", here's my thinking

The key difference for me between Natsume and the other girls is that she has a progressive, degenerative disease - Lilly isn't going to get any more blind but Natsume's arthritis is going to get worse. There are terrifying pictures that show the damage that arthritis causes and I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that she would have researched her disability enough to have seen them. Rather than accepting her disability it seems natural to me that she fears what the future might bring. Saki is the only other person we know of in a similar situation, though her's is fatal and Natsume's isn't, and we know how she tends to be portrayed in fanfics.

I do indeed posit that Natsume has psychological problems and there's very good evidence to show that depression has a high prevalence in people with rheumatoid arthritis - the best study I found was https://academic.oup.com/rheumatology/a ... 36/1800940, it's published in a credible journal and has a decent number of citations. I found the following quote particularly relevant: "Increased depression prevalence in RA is significantly associated with low mean age." Natsume is young to be suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.

But you're absolutely right, I should have shown that Natsume had such problems and that Naomi was aware of them!

Mirage_GSM

Re: Yet another one-shot thread

Post by Mirage_GSM » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Good points from you as well!

I wish there were more places on the internet where a discussion can end with mutual agreement instead of invoking Godwin...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.