An Orc's attempt at Art

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
YutoTheOrc

An Orc's attempt at Art

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Here is my attempt at drawing Emi, I like how the shirt ended up. The head shape kinda reminds me of an egg though :/, enjoy and let me know what you think. Thanks!
rsz_2199.jpg
rsz_2199.jpg (21.36 KiB) Viewed 7464 times
Munchenhausen

Re: An Orc's attempt at Art

Post by Munchenhausen »

Not a bad go, mate!
How long have you been drawing for?
Things like size, placement and proportion do take a bit of getting used to, but they're definitely worth it :D

You've got good potential, just need a bit of practice is all :) Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Munchenhausen wrote:Not a bad go, mate!
How long have you been drawing for?
Things like size, placement and proportion do take a bit of getting used to, but they're definitely worth it :D

You've got good potential, just need a bit of practice is all :) Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve :P
Thanks I'm glad its not horrible. I haven't drawn for long, just doodles in my school books and such. I appreciate the feedback, hopefully I can draw some more things and put them on here. Thanks again :)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

YutoTheOrc wrote:Thanks I'm glad its not horrible. I haven't drawn for long, just doodles in my school books and such. I appreciate the feedback, hopefully I can draw some more things and put them on here. Thanks again :)
Haha no worries, lad :P It's always good to see new stuff up on the Fanart section.
Notebook doodles were pretty much where I started myself, hence the scribbly, almost intentionally ugly style I've taken a shining to. You can only go upwards from here :D
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Here is my second drawing. I tried to draw Kirino Kousaka wearing a pickelhaube. I plan on using this as my new avatar. :P
rsz_267.jpg
rsz_267.jpg (11.7 KiB) Viewed 7341 times
The pictures I used as helpful base material are found here:Here, and and here
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Question for ya'... are you scanning these pictures or drawing them and taking photos of them?
Not Dead Yet
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Drawing and taking photos, I don't own a scanner :P
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

A few suggestions for you.

When taking your pictures, try to use a natural indirect light source and turn off the flash. (I can't quite tell if flash is on there or not, but just in case.)

You may also want to think about inking your pictures to make the lines darker and bolder. If you don't know anything about that, just try to get yourself a decent art pen (calligraphy pens are a good choice, but anything that's makes thick lines and doesn't erase will work.) Then go back over your line work in ink, wait for it to dry, and erase all the pencil lines underneath.
Not Dead Yet
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

I'll be sure to fin a pen like that! The flash wasn't on, but it was late at night so I was using a ceiling light. I'll wait until morning next time before I post. Thanks for the advice! :)
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Here is the new copy, I defined the lines more and added colour using a photo editing program. Thanks for the help Oddball!
rsz_finished.jpg
rsz_finished.jpg (13.75 KiB) Viewed 7294 times
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

No problem. Glad I can help. It looks much better now.
Not Dead Yet
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Last drawing for the day, I've got it out of my system for a while. This is a rough idea of what I had in mind when I picture my original character Kirino Kage.
rsz_kirino_kage.jpg
rsz_kirino_kage.jpg (11 KiB) Viewed 7281 times
Here is a link to what I have of her story so far. Hope you enjoy both this and the story!
The Bells of Life(Kirino Kage OC Story)