The Journey promo

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
muliebrity

The Journey promo

Post by muliebrity »

Hello.

One Deathkeeperx asked me to produce an image for his voiceover project and gave me this prompt:
I would like you to draw Hisao standing in front of the school gates with the light coming in behind him from above, like a sunset. And his shadow is the silloette of the five main girls in different directions.
And this is what I came up with:

First painting I've finished in a long time. Hope you like it!
(I was working on that group image, but this kind of sidetracked me)
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
KeiichiO

Re: The Journey promo

Post by KeiichiO »

Damn, that's really impressive. I'm not sure what to say...
Well, I'll tell you this, you are REALLY good at what you do, my friend, and you should keep doing it because I love seeing your work.

Really amazing job. No complaints. Two thumbs way up!
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Thanks a lot, KeiichiO, it means a lot to me to be told that. I have a lot of other projects I'm bouncing between right now, all of them KS related, so I'll be posting more, soon! No idea why this game has me so inspired.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
Umber

Post by Umber »

Keiichi said everything I'd've said myself. And while I don't like repeating others...

...Really amazing job.

The only thing that seemed a little off to me was the depth perception of the building in the background. But, I'm guessing that's because I'm so used to seeing Shizune flail her hands around in front of a fixed perspective of Yamaku High.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Thank you, Umber! I am like most humans and I enjoy praise like I enjoy candy, so thank you for saying so.
Umber wrote:The only thing that seemed a little off to me was the depth perception of the building in the background. But, I'm guessing that's because I'm so used to seeing Shizune flail her hands around in front of a fixed perspective of Yamaku High.
I wasn't sure about that, myself. See, in the reference image I was using, it appeared that the white part of the building is mostly a facade, and as such it doesn't project from the brick part by much. I may have misinterpreted that image (just the usual shot of Yamaku), but that's why it looks kind of flat: it's supposed to.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
Dream

Post by Dream »

I saved this as part of my KS fan-art folder as soon as i saw it, just thought you would like to know that.

Anyways, this is seriously some good stuff, the foundation is steel-solid and pretty much all the details (well, shading, coloring, composition, that kind of stuff i mean) Are on the right path, there are probably some possibilities for improvement here and there but overall this is certainly way above average.

In fact, i think i should start jetting if i intend to catch up, lots of studies to make :lol:
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Love it!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Dream wrote:I saved this as part of my KS fan-art folder as soon as i saw it, just thought you would like to know that.
Definitely made me smile. :)
there are probably some possibilities for improvement here and there but overall this is certainly way above average.

In fact, i think i should start jetting if i intend to catch up, lots of studies to make :lol:
Definitely! Here's to both of us continuing to improve for as long as we live! I'm very happy to have KS inspiring me enough to practice more than I have in years. I definitely have an enormous amount of room for improvement, given that I'm shooting for having skills comparable with Johannes Vermeer.
pandaphil wrote:Love it!
I'm very happy you like it, pandaphil!
Unorthodox KS Fanart
GiftRaptor

Post by GiftRaptor »

I'm in awe. This is simply fantastic. Very nice. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
"Were it so easy"
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

GiftRaptor wrote:I'm in awe. This is simply fantastic. Very nice. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Cheers, man. I appreciate the feedback!
Unorthodox KS Fanart
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

muliebrity wrote: I'm very happy to have KS inspiring me enough to practice more than I have in years. I definitely have an enormous amount of room for improvement, given that I'm shooting for having skills comparable with Johannes Vermeer.
It's nice to have here a person that's not afraid to aim high... Wish you good luck with that and with the constant self-improvement!

As for the picture, I love it: great concept and execution, I especially like the colors and the composition with Hisao framed by the gate (and, of course, the bandaged heart emblem on top of the gate!).
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Woody Alien wrote:It's nice to have here a person that's not afraid to aim high... Wish you good luck with that and with the constant self-improvement!
Thanks! I know it's a plateau I'll probably never reach, but at least I won't paint eyes in the creepy way Vermeer did.
As for the picture, I love it: great concept and execution, I especially like the colors and the composition with Hisao framed by the gate (and, of course, the bandaged heart emblem on top of the gate!).
Thanks a lot, though the heart was Deathkeeperx's idea!
Unorthodox KS Fanart
JordyBoothy

Post by JordyBoothy »

I envy your colour and lighting skills. Keep up the enviable work!