Group shot WIP

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
pandaphil

Re: Group shot WIP

Post by pandaphil »

Sure. I'd like to see it.

Experimenting with different mouths might be worth a shot too.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

This should be the last one, I think I've addressed most of the issues raised. Emi's face has been made more dainty, Rin's head has been redrawn, Lilly's face has been redrawn, Misha's face has been made rounder and her mouth smaller, Hisao's mouth has been made less gregarious, his tie had been narrowed, details have been added to the clothing of Rin and Hisao and I made a few minor tweaks like narrowing the fingers on Hisao's left hand and making his eyes a bit smaller.

I added some things I thought would be appropriate to the back wall, but I worry that these objects might be too distracting. If anyone agrees, say so and I'll just put some windows back there.

I left Lilly's eyes closed as it felt more natural. Hanako's expression has been reverted to the original because I couldn't think of a look I liked better.

I'm considering adding a close up of Mutou's hand in the bottom left, but other than that I think I'm ready to paint if no one has further critiques. Thank you very much to all of your feedback.
Attachments
group1clr_final.jpg
group1clr_final.jpg (366.37 KiB) Viewed 7125 times
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Aww, well done sir!

I could find a few more little things, but those would just be rude and nitpicky. It's already better than a lot of fanart I've seen.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

You can't say that! I'll lose sleep! What else strikes you? I won't make any other large changes, but I'd like to know for future work.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

muliebrity wrote:You can't say that! I'll lose sleep! What else strikes you? I won't make any other large changes, but I'd like to know for future work.
Oh dear. Its just silly things like Misha's leg looking a bit odd. And I'm not sure whats going on with Hanako's knees.

Like I said, minor nitpicky stuff.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Legs look weird, man!

But I see what you mean about Hanako's leg, I went overboard with one of those curves, easy fix. Misha's leg is bent quite a bit, it will look more natural when in color (also, I gave her mild thunder thighs :) ).
Unorthodox KS Fanart
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

That looks much better.
Not Dead Yet
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Thanks. I hope to have this painted by Sunday at the latest, so come check it out then!
Unorthodox KS Fanart
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Can't wait!