ReCodes' fan art

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Dream

Re: Shizune fan art

Post by Dream »

It's somewhat ironic that you feel bad about this one, since i think it's one of my favorite drawings made by you. The pencil lining is rather clean expressive, and the pose is very well achieved, as are the texture and folds. The hands could use improvement and application of values could probably make the illustration even better, but the latter carries some risks (as is often the case with values, actually :lol:)
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Dream

Re: Lilly fan art

Post by Dream »

Is she crying blood?

Nice drawing by the way, the hand could use some improvement (too small and disproportionate as it is now) But again your line manages to be very expressive/"alive", which is a really good thing to have.

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

Dream wrote:Is she crying blood?

Nice drawing by the way, the hand could use some improvement (too small and disproportionate as it is now) But again your line manages to be very expressive/"alive", which is a really good thing to have.
:D thanks for the reply
it's hard to draw tears with pencils
the hand i'll fix it later xP
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
ReCodes

Re: Shizune fan art

Post by ReCodes »

Dream wrote:It's somewhat ironic that you feel bad about this one, since i think it's one of my favorite drawings made by you. The pencil lining is rather clean expressive, and the pose is very well achieved, as are the texture and folds. The hands could use improvement and application of values could probably make the illustration even better, but the latter carries some risks (as is often the case with values, actually :lol:)
i feel happy now :')
~WAHAHAHA...~

Dream

Post by Dream »

You're welcome. I haven't exactly drawn many tears myself, but i think something that might help it look more like a tear and less like blood: Make the majority of the liquid much, much lighter, adding slightly heavier values on the edges. You also might benefit from adding a shine effect on the liquid.

ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

Dream wrote:You're welcome. I haven't exactly drawn many tears myself, but i think something that might help it look more like a tear and less like blood: Make the majority of the liquid much, much lighter, adding slightly heavier values on the edges. You also might benefit from adding a shine effect on the liquid.
noted
thanks for the tip

btw, what's your favorite character?
~WAHAHAHA...~

Dream

Post by Dream »

ReCodes wrote:btw, what's your favorite character?
I still haven't finished the VN (Lilly and Shizune's routes yet to play) and while i haven't thought much on the matter (many things i really like/admire on the different characters), i think it's between Hanako or Hisao.

KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Yes, a very nice drawing of Lilly. I have to agree with Dream on the hand though. It's rather odd looking the way it's positioned. At first, I thought it was the left hand on the right arm or something, but then realized it was lacking a thumb.

I have trouble drawing hands myself. If I were better at it, I'd have a lot more finished works. I seriously put down my drawings and can't seem to find the motivation to finish them due to how complicated it is the draw the individual fingers of a hand. (Sometimes I'm thankful I don't have to draw hands on Rin :mrgreen:)
ReCodes

Re: ReCodes' fan art

Post by ReCodes »

thanks for all the advices guys :D
here are some fixed drawings:

which girl should i do next? :D
~WAHAHAHA...~

ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

and here is Rin:

sorry if she doesn't look exactly the same

what if Hanako's in a wedding dress?
we will find out x) hehehe
~WAHAHAHA...~

KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Damn, you're fast! I take hours, even days to complete a simple sketch! I guess I just don't have enough motivation.

Anyway, Yay! Rin has arms so she can hug Hisao x3 Not much to complain here, although, it could look a little more like Rin. I'm not sure how you could do this though. Maybe put more emphasis on the "dreamy look". And the positioning on her head is a little wacky. Her head is burying Hisao's face :P

Other than those minor errors, it's a nice picture, and a very cute one too! I really envy your ability to draw at such a fast rate. I wish I could be motivated enough to spend time on a drawing, and not get side tracked.
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

KeiichiO wrote:Damn, you're fast! I take hours, even days to complete a simple sketch! I guess I just don't have enough motivation.

Anyway, Yay! Rin has arms so she can hug Hisao x3 Not much to complain here, although, it could look a little more like Rin. I'm not sure how you could do this though. Maybe put more emphasis on the "dreamy look". And the positioning on her head is a little wacky. Her head is burying Hisao's face :P

Other than those minor errors, it's a nice picture, and a very cute one too! I really envy your ability to draw at such a fast rate. I wish I could be motivated enough to spend time on a drawing, and not get side tracked.
working on a Hanako one
hehehe, i like to get feedback on my works
and knowing someone like it really makes me happy :')
~WAHAHAHA...~

ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

Hanako in wedding dress
"scars heals"

this one is a bonus from one of my artwork
it takes 2 days for the sketch and over 8 hours of details
Attachments
IMG6_0007.jpg
IMG6_0007.jpg (4.44 MiB) Viewed 4737 times
~WAHAHAHA...~

KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Wow, now that's what I'm talking about! The Hanako picture is amazing in itself, although again, it could look more like her, but I'm really surprised by the picture below. Not THAT really shows your talents.

You are really good at drawing my friend. Keep it up! :)
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

i'm wonder if i should throw in the scars
but then again, my topic is "no disability"

working on Emi now
but i have some personal stuff need to take care of so i'll be home at ~10PM
then i'll start drawing so keep an eye out guys :D
you guys are my motivation

back! working on Emi, expect new drawing in 1-2 hours :D
this one is gonna be awesome

last edit: Emi's artwork is done, hold on
~WAHAHAHA...~