Lilly Fanart

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
GiftRaptor

Lilly Fanart

Post by GiftRaptor »

I drew Lilly this time around since it was her Birthday yesterday. I took more time on this project than the last one. I personally thought it turned out well and I thought I'd share. :D

I'm open to opinions and criticism, so go for it.

Link for full view since the image is quite large.
http://fav.me/d5u4lqm
Attachments
Lilly Satou Fix.png
Lilly Satou Fix.png (5.92 MiB) Viewed 5076 times
"Were it so easy"
Yellow 13

Re: Lilly Fanart

Post by Yellow 13 »

dem eyes
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Dream

Post by Dream »

Curious, even when the style is clearly different from the one KS uses, it seems to fit Lilly so perfectly. Specially the eyes.

Great work, i think it's among the bests i've seen in here. There's something in the skirt that makes it feel a bit... Flat? And i think there's probably something off with the application of folds/form/value, but aside from that it's an excellent illustration.
Last edited by Dream on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Really nicely done.

I think I know what Dream means about the skirt being flat. I'm thinking adding a few curves to the bottom hem would take care of that. Kinda like:

http://www.mangatutorials.net/gear/skirtpleat.gif
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
GiftRaptor

Post by GiftRaptor »

I'm glad everyone is enjoying dem eyes. As for the skirt, I found it difficult to find a decent reference, because most of the time she is in her uniform or other images cut off at her waist, so I had wing it. My main focus was the background, since I don't tend to do well with those. Next time around, I'll put more effort into the clothing as well as everything else.

Well, anyway once again I appreciate the great feedback and nice comments.

My next project will be of Rin and Emi around the middle of next month for their celebrated Birthdays. You can look forward to that, or not, either way its going to be a thing. :wink:
"Were it so easy"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Keep it up!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

The eyes actually seem slightly off to me. But maybe I'm just crazy (actually, I am, but my clinical diagnoses aren't the point here). Still good art.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02