Poor attempt at drawing and idea

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
udscbt

Poor attempt at drawing and idea

Post by udscbt »

I had an idea for a drawing for a while now, but never done it out of fear of it coming out terrible. Today I finally tried to draw it and... ok, it's not really good, but it's not bad either (I think).
Here it is:

Now I have to refine it and colour it, and I think I will do it (probably... maybe... there's a tiny chance), but I mostly posted this to know if you like the concept (and/or have any suggestion).
Since I am not very good at drawing (I think this is the best thing I've ever drawn), if anyone wants to "steal" this idea and make it better, I heartly approve :)

PS: now that I think about it, maybe I should have added drills to her airstyle :P
OtakuNinja

Re: Poor attempt at drawing and idea

Post by OtakuNinja »

Nah, make her fast instead. Much easier to draw. :P

I really like your idea. The last picture I saw when someone attempted to forge all girls together was... scary. :shock: This was really great! :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

I'm surprised by myself, but I actually took the time to finish it (not that it took much).
OtakuNinja wrote:Nah, make her fast instead. Much easier to draw. :P

I really like your idea. The last picture I saw when someone attempted to forge all girls together was... scary. :shock: This was really great! :)
Thank you very much! :)
Actually, I was really afraid of making a mess when I started drawing all the girls in one character, but it turned out quite well. But I think it worked mostly because it's a chibi, a "grown-up" version drawn by me would definitely have looked "scary".
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

How does she feel if she doesn't have hands?

On the serious side, it does look like a really fun idea. As for the artwork itself, I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. Disclaimer: I use my own artistic ability (or lack thereof) as my benchmark for critique.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Dream

Post by Dream »

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but i find the drawing rather disturbing. It's not because of the technique or anything you can help, but the subject matter is just... Kimochi Warui.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Dream wrote:Kimochi Warui.
Try again using words everyone can understand without having to delve into a foreign dictionary.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

Dream wrote:Sorry to be a party-pooper, but i find the drawing rather disturbing. It's not because of the technique or anything you can help, but the subject matter is just... Kimochi Warui.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEwMjszn_PI&feature=player_detailpage#t=170s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEDI7SaEW6Y&feature=player_detailpage#t=180s

I think you've been too much into Evangelion lately...
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Silentcook wrote:
Dream wrote:Kimochi Warui.
Try again using words everyone can understand without having to delve into a foreign dictionary.
So, having looked it up, it's apparently a phrase that doesn't even directly translate. It could mean anything from, "this is disgusting," to "I feel sick," to "this feeling sucks."

So good job using a phrase where nobody can possibly know exactly what you intended. :evil:
Not Dead Yet
Dream

Post by Dream »

Man, i didn't imagine an off-hand reference to EoE would cause so much backlash. But you are right, i shouldn't have used a phrase that no one would have understood outside most eva fans. I apologize. And yeah, the phrase is extremely vague and not easy to translate.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos