*Updated* Unfinished drawing of Hanako

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
ShadeHaven

*Updated* Unfinished drawing of Hanako

Post by ShadeHaven »

I finally finished this drawing after overcoming a wave of laziness. Please tell me what you think of the final version.

Starlight and Hanako

Old version
Last edited by ShadeHaven on Mon May 28, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
mysterycycle

Re: Unfinished drawing of Hanako

Post by mysterycycle »

I really like the coloring and effects you did on her hair and her eye - those are quite nice!

Did you consciously decide to draw her without her scarring, or have you just not gotten to that stage yet?
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

mysterycycle wrote:I really like the coloring and effects you did on her hair and her eye - those are quite nice!

Did you consciously decide to draw her without her scarring, or have you just not gotten to that stage yet?
Thanks! Honestly the scarring was the last part I was planning on adding. I'm not even sure how i'll go about making it, but if I don't like the results, I'll leave her the way she is.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

I'm working on a Hanako pic right now, and I've been asking myself how I'm going to approach the scarring, as well. I'm tempted to do a Google image search on burn scars though I know the results will be unpleasant to say the least. I'm not sure I want to just mimic the way they look in the VN...

In any case, it's an interesting thought, seeing her without her scars.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
My deviantArt
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I feel the same way. Real burn scars will look much worse than what KS displays. I think I'm going to go with a style closer to her cinematic than her normal drawing, as I want to make them look more artsy rather than realistic.
ShadeHaven

Re: *Updated* Unfinished drawing of Hanako

Post by ShadeHaven »

Updated with final drawing.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Very nice! I still think her facial scarring is a bit too light, especially when compared to what's visible on her hand.

I'm curious about what made you decide to make mountains in the background.
ImageImage
My deviantArt
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

mysterycycle wrote:Very nice! I still think her facial scarring is a bit too light, especially when compared to what's visible on her hand.

I'm curious about what made you decide to make mountains in the background.
Thanks, I really appreciate it! I thought the same thing about the scarring but the pattern just didn't seem right when It was darker. It reminded me too much of a tiger's stripes lol. That, combined with the fact that I couldn't create a pattern that I liked made me decided to just make it a lot less noticeable. I'm not sure about the mountains honestly. I was riding a train a few days prior, and as the sun was setting the effect of the mountains looked very calming. I think It just adds to the serenity to the scene I tried to create. I tried a few other backgrounds including a library and a busy city street, but it just didn't look right.