Inked sketches *UPDATED*

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
shiro_midori

Inked sketches *UPDATED*

Post by shiro_midori »

So I was trying to get back into sketching the other day and decided to do some KS drawings. I liked this one so much I decided to also ink it:

I had Emi and Rin, but I didn't like the way they turned out, so I'm planning on starting over on them. I haven't drawn anything for a while, so be gentle. My scanner is on the fritz, so I took this with a camera. The lighting is pretty bad, but I wanted to get it out there.

Rin:

The only thing with Rin I was truly not sure about afterwards was the eyes. Outlining the shading with ink seemed like it could go badly but I think turned out alright.

Emi:

I HATE DRAWING HANDS.

Shizune:

Last edited by shiro_midori on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Walrusfella

Re: Inked sketches (Lilly/Rin)

Post by Walrusfella »

I like them - they look like the characters are supposed to, and they're way better than anything I could manage. Keep drawing!
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
shiro_midori

Re: Inked sketches (Lilly/Rin)

Post by shiro_midori »

U-uh, t-thank you, I-I Think...

And to celebrate 100 views, I drew these:

Diclonius Hanako:
diclonius hanako.jpg
diclonius hanako.jpg (13.79 KiB) Viewed 4834 times

Misha's drills:
mah drills.jpg
mah drills.jpg (11.24 KiB) Viewed 4834 times

And Hisao failing to keep his emotions in hand:
hisao hold all these feels.jpg
hisao hold all these feels.jpg (10.63 KiB) Viewed 4834 times
shiro_midori

Re: Inked sketches *UPDATED*

Post by shiro_midori »

Updated to add Shizune and change the first post's images to link to Photobucket instead of displaying as an attachment.

I've got a few admirers at college but there was one person who criticized my use of ink, saying that it wasn't necessary if I was good enough with pencil, and that the strokes should flow more. I took it with a grain of salt, though, because she tends to be obnoxious when it comes to other people's artwork. I still feel it's pretty good for my third week.

I've branched off into sketching characters from other works, mostly Fate/Stay Night. It seems like I view everything in a new way now; I imagine how I'd trace and blur the shadows on objects or the contours of clothing. It's exciting to see everything from a new point of view.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Cool. I like the new ones, especially Emi. I wouldn't worry too much about your haughty critic; what she said about ink doesn't seem to make much sense, at least to me.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

These are amazing. I have yet to understand how people learn to draw this well. I couldnt do anything like this if my life depended on it!

Lol cat ears Hanako?
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

hate drawing hands huh?

beginner tip: Draw your own hand. Assuming you have two, stick your non dominant hand in a pose and draw it. do it a bunch of times in many different positions and varying amounts of detail. Then you'll be much more proficient at drawing simpler comic style hands afterwards.
shiro_midori

Post by shiro_midori »

Camoufrage wrote:These are amazing. I have yet to understand how people learn to draw this well. I couldnt do anything like this if my life depended on it!

Lol cat ears Hanako?
Diclonius Hanako. "No more Ms. Nice Nyuu!"
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

shiro_midori wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:These are amazing. I have yet to understand how people learn to draw this well. I couldnt do anything like this if my life depended on it!

Lol cat ears Hanako?
Diclonius Hanako. "No more Ms. Nice Nyuu!"
Same difference holmedawg, still Hanako WITH GODDAMN CAT EARS :P Its so goddamn cute lolz