The KS Girls (ASCII)

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
RetulVonAmora

The KS Girls (ASCII)

Post by RetulVonAmora »

I have very little to contribute, so in dedication I am recreating each of the KS girls in the only medium I am moderately good at... ASCII
I'll also include a zipped HTML doc that has the full image too.

Lily:

Lily.zip
Lily
(26.74 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
Rin:

Rin.zip
Rin
(20.11 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
CPU

Re: The KS Girls (ASCII)

Post by CPU »

Dang...
You've got skill; well done. :mrgreen:
Shizune Path: Complete
Lilly Path: Complete
Rin Path: Complete
Hanako Path: Complete
Emi Path: Complete
Total Game Completion: 100% Achieved
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

This seems auto-generated. True ASCII art is usually simplified lineart and very rarely shaded. I don't think what is basically representing coloured pixels as different characters that each represent a shade of gray qualifies even as a derived work of art.
RetulVonAmora

Post by RetulVonAmora »

Esa94 wrote:This seems auto-generated. True ASCII art is usually simplified lineart and very rarely shaded. I don't think what is basically representing coloured pixels as different characters that each represent a shade of gray qualifies even as a derived work of art.
If this is what you honestly think... I doubt I'd be able to convince ya otherwise.
A lot of people have told me so too, that is why I've learned to accept that there will be skeptics.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Y'know, it's a compliment if you did this by hand.

I just thought of mentioning that I would've liked ASCII lineart versions better. No matter how you do it, be it by hand or via automated means, this is just reproducing the original artwork in grayscale.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

I think they look great. 8) Having no artistic talent myself I'm stuck making lookalikes in other games whenever the games' character creator is robust enough to allow it.
RetulVonAmora

Post by RetulVonAmora »

Esa94 wrote:Y'know, it's a compliment if you did this by hand.

I just thought of mentioning that I would've liked ASCII lineart versions better. No matter how you do it, be it by hand or via automated means, this is just reproducing the original artwork in grayscale.
Ah okay, yeah I see what you mean then. On the next ones I'll try to be more original.
Otakumon wrote:I think they look great. 8) Having no artistic talent myself I'm stuck making lookalikes in other games whenever the games' character creator is robust enough to allow it.
Thank you :D