Punk Rawk! (WIP)

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Warwick

Re: Punk Rawk! (WIP)

Post by Warwick »

Nah, I'm talking impossibly unbalanced. Her center of mass is nowhere near her base of support. She's tipping over no matter how strong dem thighs are.

Also, love how you made Hanako out to be a stoner. Mmmm... smokin'
静音是买外夫
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

-abscess wrote: lol More of a Fender kinda guy?
Fender/Dean/Ibanez ^_^

Dunno why, just...Les Pauls have a nice sound to them, I just can't get used to playing one, plus they're overrated imo :(

Take yo' time with the next one, don't want it rushed, but I would like to see more for sure, some of the best KS fanart I've seen in a looong time.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Warwick wrote:Real physics
Don't you dare apply those on my animu.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Warwick wrote:Nah, I'm talking impossibly unbalanced. Her center of mass is nowhere near her base of support. She's tipping over no matter how strong dem thighs are.

Also, love how you made Hanako out to be a stoner. Mmmm... smokin'
She is held aloft by the power of rock.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Stevie Wind-Up

Post by Stevie Wind-Up »

-abscess wrote:I've been thinking on putting her on drums, since my guess (based in absolutely nothing) is that it'd be easier for a deaf person to handle a percussion instrument than something like a keyboard. Probably bass but perhaps that'd go for Lilly or Misha.
Oh, for the love of all that is good and holy, I beg of you, do NOT make a deaf drummer! There are enough drummers as it is that just hit the drums (mostly) in time with no feel for the music! We don't need one that can't even hear the music! Also, no instrument can easily be played by a deaf person (yeah, I know there are a handful of professional musicians who are deaf, but they're the exception to the rule).

Okay, now that I'm done being a music snob, I will say that, as per one of Csihar's suggestions, she could be manager. I know, it sounds lame, but I personally think it's just too perfect for words.
"What must I do?"
"You know what you must do."
"What must I do?"
"What must I..."
"DANCE!!!!"
Captain Niggawatts

Stevie Wind-Up wrote:
-abscess wrote:I've been thinking on putting her on drums, since my guess (based in absolutely nothing) is that it'd be easier for a deaf person to handle a percussion instrument than something like a keyboard. Probably bass but perhaps that'd go for Lilly or Misha.
Oh, for the love of all that is good and holy, I beg of you, do NOT make a deaf drummer! There are enough drummers as it is that just hit the drums (mostly) in time with no feel for the music! We don't need one that can't even hear the music! Also, no instrument can easily be played by a deaf person (yeah, I know there are a handful of professional musicians who are deaf, but they're the exception to the rule).

Okay, now that I'm done being a music snob, I will say that, as per one of Csihar's suggestions, she could be manager. I know, it sounds lame, but I personally think it's just too perfect for words.
>Rhythm is dictated by hearing.

You, sir, are and idiot.

Drumming is pretty much the best instrument for a deaf person. That or piano.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

She can feel the ~VIBRATIONS~.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

Captain Niggawatts wrote: Drumming is pretty much the best instrument for a deaf person. That or piano.

This.

With drumming you don't have to worry about the melody or such, at it's base level it's just counting and keeping a beat. (of course that's it brought down to it's simplest level, but yea.)
Much simpler than most other instruments for a deaf person.
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Stevie Wind-Up wrote:

What's this? Discrimination against the disabled? On this forum!?

No way, man.
Hanako Lover
Stevie Wind-Up

Post by Stevie Wind-Up »

Okay, I seem to have unwittingly offended some people, and am very sorry for that. I'm not very good with words, and so things don't come out exactly as I mean them, especially when I forget to put it a key sentence that explains my reasoning. I also have a tendency forget that those reading my posts don't know me, and so for all you guys know, I'm just another ranting, prejudiced ***********. To top it all off, I seldom think through my statements thoroughly before saying or posting them. Therefore, let me revise my statement and apologize further.

I understand that deaf people can have very good rhythm, and now that I think about it, that could be sufficient for a punk rock band, since (as far as I understand) punk rock tends to have a mostly steady tempo and not much dynamic contrast (and no, there's nothing wrong with that). I am more used to the sort of music that has more of a fluctuating tempo and greater dynamic contrast, so it seemed unreasonable to me that someone who was deaf and therefore could not hear others' interpretation of the music would be able to flow with that music. The more I think about it now, however, I realize that even that could be possible with a certain natural talent for it (which I suppose Shizune could reasonably have) and a lot of hard work (which Shizune would certainly be able to put in). So maybe it's not so unreasonable after all.

I said that no instrument could easily be played by a deaf person. Please note that I said 'easily'. I acknowledged exceptions, but I suppose that I wrote those off too quickly. As I just stated, Shizune could reasonably be one of those exceptions to the rule.

Now, as a response to Xybaro, let me say that I did not mean to discriminate. What I meant to do was be realistic about it. I realize that my logic was flawed and that it may not be as unrealistic as I previously thought, but that's what I was attempting to do.

All that being said, I still think that the idea of Shizune being band manager is just too perfect for words. .....though I suppose Hisao could be, too.

If I have said anything in this post that is found to be offensive, please know that I did not mean any offense, and simply write me off as an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. I am sincerely sorry for any offense I have caused through my hastiness and ignorance.
"What must I do?"
"What must I do?"
"What must I..."
"DANCE!!!!"
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Stevie Wind-Up wrote:Okay, I seem to have unwittingly offended some people, and am very sorry for that...
Don't worry about it so much, guy. They were just razzing you. We tend to do that a lot here. :P
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Stevie Wind-Up wrote:Okay, I seem to have unwittingly offended some people, and am very sorry for that.
You were stating facts, not discriminating, so ignore Xybaro, and Niggawatts is alternately intentionally stupid and unintentionally stupid and it's often hard to tell which is occurring at a given time, and Empty is completely simplifying drumming. So don't worry about it. I highly doubt there are a significant number of deaf musicians who were born that way; losing hearing later on is much different from being born deaf, even more so than losing sight later in life is different from being born blind, in some ways.
Captain Niggawatts

EternalLurker wrote: Niggawatts is alternately intentionally stupid and unintentionally stupid and it's often hard to tell which is occurring at a given time,
You're mom.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Do we need a couple of bans in here?
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

-abscess

Post by -abscess »

No offense, but you are thinking a bit too much.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... ch=moenuts
Thus Shizune can play any instrument besides the almighty and powerful triangle.