Gunjin Shoujo (Soldier Girls)

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
buckbok

Gunjin Shoujo (Soldier Girls)

Post by buckbok »

Hello. Its my first post here and very pleased to make your acquaintance.

So like the title says, its about the KS girls in the military and what they'd be like. Having read some of the threads on KS being given a military theme I thought it'd be interesting to put something up.

A rough sketch of Shicchan and Misha in modified WW2 German uniforms. (I didn't put too much into getting the uniform correct, just liked the design and put it on them. Hope I'm not ruffling any feathers with the nazi uniforms...)

2B pencil. 2 hours.

I'll also be adding more sketches of the other girls:

Rin - Probably in some integrated tank uniform that hooks her up to the system
Emi - No clue. Ideas anyone?
Lilly - Nurse (I just want to show that soldiers can also take the form of nurses, not just combat medics.)
Hanako - Soldier/Engineer suffering severe PTSD and clinging on to Lilly with all her strength.

Critiques most welcomed. (Yeah, Misha looks kinda funny... Something about the eyes me thinks...)

Hope you like it! Cheers and a happy 2010!
Attachments
shicchan-small.jpg
shicchan-small.jpg (85.42 KiB) Viewed 9408 times
kosherbacon

Re: Gunjin Shoujo (Soldier Girls)

Post by kosherbacon »

So THATS what the Feminist Conspiracy uniforms look like!

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

Post by Guest »

Ooh. Those are very nice. Shizune's face looks particularly well done.
buckbok wrote:Critiques most welcomed. (Yeah, Misha looks kinda funny... Something about the eyes me thinks...)
I was bothered by her hair, actually. It seems to float several inches above her skull.

Shizune's chest also looks somewhat out of proportion, but chances are it's just due to her, ahem, dimensions than any error on your part, though.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I've been trying to figure out what bothered me about Misha's right eye, and I think it's that it doesn't seem to have an iris and a pupil separate from each other. It makes it look like she's been blinded or has a false eye. Aside from that, it's quite good. I can't really say anything about whether the uniforms are authentic (although somehow I'm sceptical about the skirt length) but they certainly look military.
buckbok

Post by buckbok »

Guest wrote:I was bothered by her hair, actually. It seems to float several inches above her skull.
SirMax wrote:Misha's right eye, and I think it's that it doesn't seem to have an iris and a pupil separate from each other.
Hmm... You're quite right about that. I'll flesh it out properly over the next couple of days.
SirMax wrote:I can't really say anything about whether the uniforms are authentic (although somehow I'm sceptical about the skirt length) but they certainly look military.
Haha, yeah. The skirt was simply to satiate my phallic desires, and also to keep in line with how Shicchan and Misha like to keep their skirts real short. The top vests were more or less from German uniforms of the WW2 era.

Thanks y'all.
buckbok

Post by buckbok »

So like, I know I was supposed to work up more soldier girl interpretations of the girls, but school's really pinned me down.

And though this thread is on soldier girls, I'm gonna make a little detour and set up a belated valentine's for Lilly! Love you Lilly!

Okay, I will shut up now.
Attachments
lilly-sketch-web.jpg
lilly-sketch-web.jpg (198.31 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
buckbok

Post by buckbok »

And after an eternity of trying to find time to paint and clean up that damn picture, I finally got down to it. Hope y'all like it.
Attachments
gunjin-shoujo.jpg
gunjin-shoujo.jpg (548.64 KiB) Viewed 8345 times
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I for one, gladly welcome our new deaf mute overlord.
Wreckusu

Post by Wreckusu »

Real nice. My one small complaint is that Mishas hair looks a little flat. Could probably use some shading to bring it in line with Shizunes.
buckbok

Post by buckbok »

Wreckusu wrote:Real nice. My one small complaint is that Mishas hair looks a little flat. Could probably use some shading to bring it in line with Shizunes.
Well, I intended Misha to be somewhat flatter and and lighter in tone to give Shizune more focus in the pics. Glad you all like it btw. Cheers! :D
das bruce

Post by das bruce »

Shizune is absolutely perfect, but misha seems to be slightly off all over.

Her back is swayed and left arm would have to be in an awkward position to be completely hidden, actually, if you just moved her entire body from the belt up a little to the left it might fix it.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Good work, my only grip is that Misha dosen't look like Misha. (if that makes an seance)
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Very cool, I'm loving Shizune! I have to agree that Misha doesn't quite look like Misha, though. I think it has to do with the shape of her head and her eyes - the nose looks good and the smile is dead on, though :D
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
ShaDowPoWeR

Post by ShaDowPoWeR »

Awesome. Shizune looks damn sexy man.