Fun with Photoshop

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
vaen

Re: Fun with Photoshop

Post by vaen »

kyuven wrote:considering they were like world wide UFC fights with giant robots, there were probably size and weaponry constraints, plus with too many armaments you can't move around easily.
screw mobility, this is what I mean:
Attachments
this.jp.JPG
this.jp.JPG (68.15 KiB) Viewed 7995 times
jijhijhet

Post by jijhijhet »

to repost my comment on /a/
imagine that all windmills transform into gundams only to crush the foolish nation that declares war on the netherlands
I kare not about grammer ro speling
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Well that Friday is officially over, its time to compose a list of the cross over entries (in order of appearance);

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submission 1

Series: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Cross over characters:
Hisao: Kyon
Emi: Kyouko Tachibana
Rin: Sasaki
Hanako: Yuki Nagato
Lilly: Mikuru Asahina (small)
Shizune: Haruhi Suzumiya
Misha: Tsuruya
Kenji: Taniguchi
Nurse: Itsuki Koizumi
Mutou: Arakawa
Yuuko: Sonou Mori
Art Teacher: Fujiwara
Akira: Mikuru Asahina (big)
Hideaki: Kuyou Suou

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submission 2

Series: Yu Yu Hakusho

Cross over characters:
Hisao: Mitarai (Seaman)
Emi: Botan
Rin: Kurama
Hanako: Yukina
Lilly: Sakyo
Shizune: Keiko
Misha: Koto
Kenji: Hiei
Nurse: Koenma
Mutou: Itsuki
Yuuko: Ruri (Yukina and Hiei's mother)
Art Teacher: Mr. Takanaka

Submission 3

Series: Sailor Moon

Hisau: Tuxedo Mask just cuz hes the male hero.
Kenji: Umino Gurio
Lily: Venus
Shizune: Mercury
Emi: Moon
Yuuko: Jupiter
Hanako: Saturn... Matches more for the Moeness and it would be kinda wrong to have her as Mars even though she looks more like her. actually lets go with Mars after all, funnier that way.
Rin: Uranus? best match left
misha: chibimoon
Nurse: Kenji Tsukino
Mutuo and art teacher: no idea.

Submission 4

Series: Tenchi Muyo!

Cross over characters:
Hisao: Tenchi
Emi: Sasami
Rin: Washu
Hanako: Kiyone
Lilly: Ayeka
Shizune: Ryoko
Misha: Mihoshi

Submission 5

Series: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Hisao: Keiichi Maebara
Emi: Hanyū Furude
Rin: Rena Ryuugu
Hanako: Shion Sonozaki
Lilly: Mion Sonozaki
Shizune: Satoko Hojo
Misha: Rika Furude
Kenji: Jiro Tomitake
Nurse: Kyosuke Irie
Mutou: Mamoru Akasaka
Yuuko : Rumiko Chie
Art Teacher: Kuraudo Oishi
Akira: Miyo Takano

Submission 6

Series: Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam Double Zeta

Hisao: Amuro Ray
Emi: Elpeo Puru
Rin: Haman Karn
Hanako: Roux Louka
Lilly: Sayla Mass
Shizune: Four Murasame
Misha: Sarah Zabiarov
Kenji: Kamille Bidan
Nurse: Mashymre Cello
Mutou: Bright Noa
Yuuko: Fraw Bow
Art Teacher: Ramba Ral
Akira: Quattro Bajeena (aka Char Aznable)

Well these are all the entries, thus far. I'll get on the (in entry order) as soon as I get back into town.
Last edited by Snicket on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

I am looking forward to these. Also, sorry about derailing your thread, lol.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Cody8977897

Post by Cody8977897 »

The SW Emi is weird but you could have exposed more beast on the Rider Lilly.
I can see the future but know not what is to come...
I know who I am, yet not who I will be...
Cody8977897

Post by Cody8977897 »

I am looking forward to those as well. Do your best!
I can see the future but know not what is to come...
I know who I am, yet not who I will be...
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

@Cody,

I can't make whats not there, the sprites that i came across are the ones that appear in the game. Well the demo any way. So i can't remove clothing on the characters. The Emi Strike Witch sprite was just something i did after some one suggested putting those prop things on her legs. Plus the Lilly rider sprite was my first and last attempt at making cloth into leather. I was kinda hoping that some one would of summit a F/SN cross over, so it'd give me an excuse to re due it.

-Rate now i'm going get started on the first set. So I should be done in about an hour or so. Depending on how i go about it. Also i'd like to mention this, before i get a bunch of messages on it. Since Hisao doesn't have a sprite (well at least not in the demo) I was going to use a pic from Shimmie. (It looks like the one profile part on the main web sight) So unless i start swapping heads (which i might do) thats all i have to work with.
Attachments
256.jpg
256.jpg (64.95 KiB) Viewed 7770 times
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

-Update-

I'm almost done with the first set. I'll probably post it in a little bit, if not first thing tomorrow.

This is just the Hisao sprite i made

Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Miscellaneous thoughts.

I've been watching Pani Poni Dash!, and it occurred to me that Ichijou is like a cross between Rin and Yuki Nagato (Haruhi-chan version anyway). Following from this:

Emi = Rebecca or Otome
Misha = Himeko
Shizune = Rei
Hanako = Kurumi Momose
Nurse = Saotome
Hisao = Shu Momose
Yuuko = Akira Miyata

I wouldn't recommend trying to finish it off with Lilly, since I don't think there's a single character in this anime who comes anywhere close to "prim and proper."

Also, being an enormous faggot, vexillography (that is, flag design) is something of a hobby of mine, and if I get an idea I'll usually fire up photoshop and hope I can get my idea on the screen properly. If I could come up with some sort of vague symbology for at least one of the KS girls that might make a good flag... well, I haven't though, but then again I haven't spent particularly long thinking about it. If someone comes up with a good idea that isn't too complicated I'll see what I can do.

For reference, last time I had one of these bright ideas I ended up making flags for Archer, Saber, and Dark Saber. Other, more serious flags that I've made include The Monolith Empire, CNVC, Alesian Protectorate, Republic of Alesia, The Agatean Empire, Random Nordic Place. And of course, the one time I decide not to be serious: Cake Army.

If for whatever reason any of those designs or color combinations strike you as fitting for any of the girls (or guys), and I agree with your assessment, I might put in a bit of effort into a "Hanako/Shizune/Rin/etc. Pride" flag.

For more informations, refer to these here Wikipedias:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_termi ... s_in_flags
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallery_of_flags_by_design
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variation_of_the_field
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_the_field
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinary_(heraldry)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_(heraldry)
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I was writing some quick fanfiction on Fire Emblem for a meme thing and writing Serra made me realise she actually has some things in common in Misha...
"Wahahaha~ Join the student Council, Erky!"
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

progress report:

A few character sprites of the first set are still in progress. So not to flood this thread with my entries, i'll post some of the completed on now.

-Emi-Youko
-Shizune-Haruhi
-Hanako_Yuki
-Lilly:_Mikuru

I have more of these done, but i wasn't sure what the image limit per post was on this sight. (Most are 4)
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

when you get through your list could you fit the entire cast with cat ears?
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Lawls wrote:when you get through your list could you fit the entire cast with cat ears?
oh god I have a friend who will heartattack over that. :roll:
for now though there's still this
vaen

Post by vaen »

Lawls wrote:when you get through your list could you fit the entire cast with cat ears?
YES PLEASE!O.o
oh shi~ HNNNNNNNGGH
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Something clicked when I associated Emi with racing stripes, so I went on one of my Photoshop sprees and made flags for most of the characters. Yes, flags.

Total time taken: Longer than it looks.

Emi:
Racing stripes, like I said. Zoomzoom.

Shizune:
The star represents dominance and leadership, while the gyronny (windmill pattern) represents the inescapable maelstrom of darkness.

Misha:
Figured since Misha and Shizune are Republicans I ought to base Misha's on the US flag. Shizune's flag is in the canton, representing Misha's status as Shizune's puppet, but has been altered to represent the way Misha's attitude completely overrides Shizune's.

Lilly:
I figured since Lilly is kind and polite but somewhat clichéd, I'd draw inspiration from the only US state flag based in British heraldry -- Maryland's. It ended up slightly less than clichéd, but I guess in the end that's how Lilly will be too. The blue band on the white field represents Lilly's blindness -- blue for her eye color and banded like a blindfold which she learns to "see" through.

Hanako:
Based on the quarters of Lilly's flag to represent Hanako's relationship to Lilly. The flag is deliberately devoid of bright colors, for obvious reasons.

Rin:
Abstract, untraditional, maybe a little odd, but a frequent favorite. Yup.

Kenji:
I shouldn't need to explain this one.

Nurse:
Or this one.