I recreated every girlfriend from Katawa Shoujo in The Sims

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Badinfos

I recreated every girlfriend from Katawa Shoujo in The Sims

Post by Badinfos »

Katawa Shoujo is my favorite bishoujo-style visual novel game and I decided to recreate all the girls from it in The Sims 4.

~~~ ~~~
Oddball

Re: I recreated every girlfriend from Katawa Shoujo in The S

Post by Oddball »

Needs some work, but it's a nice effort.

It reminds me back on the original SIMS when I used to make all sorts of characters.
Not Dead Yet
Strongstache

Post by Strongstache »

Lilly, Rin and Hanako are pretty well done. Shizune, Misha and Emi, on the other hand, look hilariously tall.

And is it me, or are their faces somewhat...unsettling?
Badinfos

Post by Badinfos »

Oddball wrote:Needs some work, but it's a nice effort.
It reminds me back on the original SIMS when I used to make all sorts of characters.
Thank you for the honest opinion. Do you mind giving me a few pointers on what I should improve if I decide to do more similar videos ? I mean working on my accent is one, trying to non stutter my words as much :D but is there anything else ?

Strongstache wrote:Lilly, Rin and Hanako are pretty well done. Shizune, Misha and Emi, on the other hand, look hilariously tall.
And is it me, or are their faces somewhat...unsettling?
Unsettling ? Lilly looks gross and looks like a grandma. I wish there was a better customization system :(
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Badinfos wrote:
Thank you for the honest opinion. Do you mind giving me a few pointers on what I should improve if I decide to do more similar videos ? I mean working on my accent is one, trying to non stutter my words as much :D but is there anything else ?

Well, the video probably runs a bit longer than it should, but I was referring more to the sims themselves. I don't know what kind of customization options the game gives you, but I know back when I was doing the original sims stuff, I had to create and import some entirely new skins to make the characters look like I wanted.
Not Dead Yet
Badinfos

Post by Badinfos »

Oddball wrote:
Badinfos wrote:
Well, the video probably runs a bit longer than it should, but I was referring more to the sims themselves. I don't know what kind of customization options the game gives you, but I know back when I was doing the original sims stuff, I had to create and import some entirely new skins to make the characters look like I wanted.
Alright, first of all I am sorry for the late reply and the bump of the topic I just did, but I wand to answer you and I will.

- Lenght: I agree, watching the video back now... I got bored after the 13th minute. I wanted to go into deatail about every single clothing item, but now I realize that it is not necessary. 3 minutes per girl is perfect in my opinion. About a minute discussing a set of clothes. I will definitely keep that in mind the next time I do something similar.
- Customisation: The Sims 4 really does not have a good customization system. From what I have seen in videos, in the Sims 3 you can make your own colors, every item can be colored separately to your taste. The clothes availible in TS3 are most likely 5 times more than the ones we have in The Sims 4. I could have done the video in The Sims 3, but I don't own the game. I also doubt that downloading skins for TS4 is possible, I am not sure if there is even a modding community, making the video in vanilla is better though because I can test how close the game can make the outfits.