Alt-tabbing issue

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Bluegaze

Alt-tabbing issue

Post by Bluegaze »

Hey, I have been encountering a little problem, if I alt-tab to Katawa Shoujo window keyboard control doesn't seem to be working, I mean i can't go further with space nor go back with Page Up, why is that? Is there a way around it? Not that it is that big of a deal, but it would certainly be more comfortable
TerrorOfTheHighSeas

Re: Alt-tabbing issue

Post by TerrorOfTheHighSeas »

On Windows 8 you can quickly double tap the windows key and you will have regained control of the keyboard in-game. Not sure if the Windows key works on Windows 7 etc. but it only takes a second to try :D
Last edited by TerrorOfTheHighSeas on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

If you hit F before alt-tabbing, or toggle full screen from the options menu after (if you alt-tabbed first and lost keyboard input) you get keyboard control back.
erundil
Location: at my desk, right in front of the monitor (may not be applicable when offline)

Post by erundil »

300BillionDegrees wrote:If you hit F before alt-tabbing, or toggle full screen from the options menu after (if you alt-tabbed first and lost keyboard input) you get keyboard control back.
What you describe only works 99% of the time. Still - that 1% is a small enough number to just save and restart the game. Restarting the game has an effectiveness rate of 100%.