Broken Pipe error

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
rinisbestwaifu

Broken Pipe error

Post by rinisbestwaifu »

Been playing KS for a couple of weeks when I needed to switch computers. The old laptop ran the game fine without a hitch, but the new one is having none of it. I tried re downloading the files, but the problem persists.

Code: Select all

lboo@larry:~$ bash /home/lboo/documents/Katawa\ Shoujo-linux-x86/Katawa\ Shoujo.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/lboo/documents/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/Katawa Shoujo.py", line 132, in <module>
    renpy.bootstrap.bootstrap(renpy_base)
  File "/home/lboo/documents/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 242, in bootstrap
    renpy.import_all()
  File "/home/lboo/documents/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/__init__.py", line 61, in import_all
    import renpy.display.scale # Must be before module.
  File "/home/lboo/documents/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/display/scale.py", line 31, in <module>
    import _renpy_font
ImportError: /home/lboo/documents/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/lib/linux-x86/lib/python2.5/_renpy_font.so: undefined symbol: SDL_RWFromFile
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'error'" in <bound method Popen.popen_del of <subprocess.Popen object at 0x8625e4c>> ignored
lboo@larry:~$ Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/lboo/documents/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/Katawa Shoujo.py", line 132, in <module>
    renpy.bootstrap.bootstrap(renpy_base)
  File "/home/lboo/documents/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 170, in bootstrap
    renpy.display.presplash.show(options.presplash)
  File "/home/lboo/documents/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/display/presplash.py", line 101, in show
    sys.stdout.flush()
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Splash scrren pops up for a second then goes away. The OS is #! statler, a derivative of Debian squeeze. It was using Ren'Py vrs. 6.10, so I upgraded to vrs. 6.13 through the Debian wheezy repos

I'm gona try getting the latest version installed, but that might not even be the problem. The only issues i found similar to this on the forum is a year old now and not helpful.
rinisbestwaifu

Re: Broken Pipe error

Post by rinisbestwaifu »

Ok I got the game going, but not satisfactory. I dl'd the ren'py 6.15 files from the site, since my repos only got 6.13
I also grabbed the renpy-deps and ran the build.sh files. I then moved my KS folder into the renpy folder and ran the renpy luancher script.

From the Ren'py luancher i can access KS through the projects. The splashscreen pops up an hangs for about a minute, then the game kicks in and I can play as normal. Trying to start KS from it's own .sh file results in the same broken pipe error. Not perfect since I don't know why it's broke, but at least I can play.

Hope this helps other having a tough time.