Mac 10.6.8 not running program

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
jdmjunkie

Mac 10.6.8 not running program

Post by jdmjunkie »

Hello, I successfully torrented KS, the .dmg worked fine I put KS into App folder and it will not start, at all. I searched the forums and found out about the fullscreen error/bug for mac and followed the steps to put a folder entitled, environment.txt with the script: RENPY_DISABLE_FULLSCREEN="yes" into the autorun folder. This did nothing so I don't know why it isn't working. The KS app doesn't even begin to run, nothing pulls up, absolutely nothing. I pulled up the force quit window just to see if it showed anything and nothing though it does show a flicker of the KS icon when I click to open it but that is all that happens. I hope someone can help with this.

v/r

Jdmjunkie
Mad Hatter

Re: Mac 10.6.8 not running program

Post by Mad Hatter »

I'm having the exact same problem here, but I haven't tried fixing yet.
SasquatchIsMyDaddy

Post by SasquatchIsMyDaddy »

You may just want to DDL the game, worked for me. But you have to control open it because the mac OS won't let you play a game with an unidentified developer. Keep that in mind.
jdmjunkie

Post by jdmjunkie »

I re-downloaded the .DMG from the DDL link put it on the desktop used open in the contextual menu to open, the prompt saying it is a third-party developer came up I okayed that and still nothing. All I get it the icon animation like it is opening but nothing happens, I am at a loss on this.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

The same as he said.

Which is weird considering that I can easily play other third party visual novels like Juniper's Knot.